• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"USA (11) :
- Our Savior Marth
- Dr Peepee
- Mooney
- Strong Bad
- Doll666
- Eclipsing Binary
- AL_bubba
- Tope
- SloX
- TheCrimsonBlur"

it's already in the original event post.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Again if you add brawl my attendance is guaranteed. A venue this big there is no excuse
The excuse might be that they don't want any Brawl at this tourney.
Think it's good enough.

You coming to this would be a premiere and would be very appreciated, but I don't think they'll add Brawl only for such a reason.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Again if you add brawl my attendance is guaranteed. A venue this big there is no excuse
There are enough excuses, because a venue itself will not make setups. I do not want this debate to come up once again for me to repeat everything written in the earlier pages. It's not gonna happen.
Another thing is that everything of the information you need was written on a reply to your PM to me like two months ago or something, which I never got a reply to. I would appreciate it if you took the time to answer the questions in that reply.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
If you have a venue advertised to hold 2500 people there should be no excuse to have at least 2 smash games held. It does not cost you any extra money, it just gains you money and satisfies more people
Except it's much more work, a lot of potential delays because of people who enters both games' tournaments. And it lowers the number of TVs for the Melee players, so they won't be satisfied.

Also knowing Tonberry, I doubt he'll be making money with this tournament, so Brawl wouldn't change anything. This tournament and the non-inclusion of Brawl is much more than a money issue.

You're fighting for a cause lost even before the tournament was announced.

Luma

Smash Lord
ah f! that, i was about to post a little rant-post about how m2k never reads anything but complains about not beeing listen to at the same time, aint worth it

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Except it's much more work, a lot of potential delays because of people who enters both games' tournaments. And it lowers the number of TVs for the Melee players, so they won't be satisfied.

Also knowing Tonberry, I doubt he'll be making money with this tournament, so Brawl wouldn't change anything. This tournament and the non-inclusion of Brawl is much more than a money issue.

You're fighting for a cause lost even before the tournament was announced.
Those who know me, also know that I couldn't care less about money.
100% of the profit goes to the prize pot. If anything, I'll lose money on this.
I've already stated several times what I want with this tournament, and that has nothing to do with money. I've been playing this awesome game for almost 10 years, and got quite a good connection with the players in the smash community over these years. Also I feel like I've almost got a family relationship with the smash-community in these 10 years, and that means more to me than all the money in the world. Hell, 10 years is almost half of my life.

So yeah, the purpose of this smash tournament is to give the Melee community just what I think they deserve: The best Melee tournament ever, with nothing to disturb the Melee experience! =D

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
you are all dumb if you don't realise how accommodating top players is the the thing that will legitimize this tournament most of all. All stops should be pulled out to encourage the best americans to come, for europe to establish itself as a region and for the health of melee as a whole

strawhats

Smash Master
you are all dumb if you don't realise how accommodating top players is the the thing that will legitimize this tournament most of all. All stops should be pulled out to encourage the best americans to come, for europe to establish itself as a region and for the health of melee as a whole
So you're supporting the add brawl argument to accomodate brawl/melee players (aka m2k) ?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Just travel with us and get your *** over there ! :awesome:
Saving up my money for other stuff atm ;D
I might come for Dota 2 trough ( if they decide to host it )
gotta show luma who's boss ;)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm sorry that the interest list is quite outdated. Have had quite some stuff to do lately. I will update it tonight :)

Also, I'd like you to know I'm starting an organization for this. Thus I can use all the money used for prepaying an entrance ticket as prize money, if I want to, without getting any questions of where the money went from the government. I do this in case we get more money than we need to for paying all the things related to the tournament. Thus the money that are left over for the entrance fees will be put right into the prize pot. Once the organization is "up and running", I will get a bank account for the organization, then I will use that account with the ticket deal I got some months ago. Unless something gets changed there, the price for pre-ordering entrance tickets will be 215 NOK each.

You are free to ask questions about this (preferably openly, so everyone can see them, and I don't need to answer them twice). I will answer them as soon as I can

For DotA2: There will of course not be any DotA2 tournament here, but I'm a big fan of the DotA-series(if you can call it that), and is playing Heroes of Newerth while waiting for the long awaited DotA2. But, I suggest everyone who's playing DotA2 by then will share their DotA2 tags somewhere so ppl can play together =D

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I might come for Dota 2 trough ( if they decide to host it )
gotta show luma who's boss ;)
Didn't know that any melee player except Luma & me were playing DotA !
Do u have a Dota2 Key to share dude ?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Sure he is -_- And I saw him already ^^ I am stupid, thank you for reminding me that Luma :p

For the second part of my question ? No Dota2 Key ? or u just don't wanna lend it ? :p

Top Bottom