• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
sorry darkfrog, I didn't pay attention ! I'll update :p
and yeah, smokes are fvcking expensive aswell... but the good thing is, with norway, is that it's not in the UE, so basically, when you fly there, you can buy duty free smokes :)
if I can, I will buy tons of cigarettes before the tournament and sell them to you for cheap (at the price I will have bought them, which is around 6 euros a pack in France, and less in duty free).
How many cigarettes are you allowed to bring in? I will gladly buy 100 packs of you if you can offer them to me at discounted prices.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Since Norway is not a member in the european union, you are only allowed to bring 200 cigarettes. I don't smoke, but isn't that 1 carton?

Anyway, yo can try to bring more JD. I'm not sure, but I think that you have to pay a fine if the customs stops you and you are trying to smuggle cigarettes.

Navntøsen

Smash Rookie
Taken from the Norwegian Customs website: "200 cigarettes or 250 grams of other tobacco products, and 200 sheets of cigarette papers"

Also, HYPE! Can't believe that so many are interested already. This is looking too good! :D

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Since Norway is not a member in the european union, you are only allowed to bring 200 cigarettes. I don't smoke, but isn't that 1 carton?

Anyway, yo can try to bring more JD. I'm not sure, but I think that you have to pay a fine if the customs stops you and you are trying to smuggle cigarettes.
yeah man I was thinking about that too... well, I think the limit, in total, is 2 cartons (which is 400 cigarettes) and since I need at least a carton for me, it's harsh... but maybe I'll try.
this thing is so far away, I have time to get more info and think about it :p

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
So we are allready laying plans for the cigarettes we are going to smoke at this tournament 1 year in advance. Goes to show how much we cant wait for this to happen, or at least me. Im so psyched I might get an anerurysm and bleed into my brain, ill end up thinking im a beaver or something.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Btw, JD, do you still have contact with Captain Jack or the other japanese players?
Would be really cool to have them here as well!

Having the old school pros / players attending would be too good!

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Galder bevare, Niam interested. Would be nice seeing you again. last time i saw you was at ros4 i belive, leading a match vs Ek. With link :D. Please come Niam!

Also, HYYYYPE

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
What about some Facebook advertising?
I will try to see if I can get some Latin America interest into this, but don't count on it.
Most of us are low on Money and flights are hella expensive.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
What about some Facebook advertising?
I will try to see if I can get some Latin America interest into this, but don't count on it.
Most of us are low on Money and flights are hella expensive.
I'm planning to make a facebook event tonight, so stay tuned :)

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Woho getting some people from Chile over to norway would be so fun. But yeah that flight is probably going to hurt the wallet a bit :(

Btw is it at all possible to get a Madcroc hat from our sponsor? I want to walk around with a Mad red Croc on my head. Strapping indeed!

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Woho getting some people from Chile over to norway would be so fun. But yeah that flight is probably going to hurt the wallet a bit :(

Btw is it at all possible to get a Madcroc hat from our sponsor? I want to walk around with a Mad red Croc on my head. Strapping indeed!
I say my good bean, this sounds delightfull. It would be rather splendid, to the outmost degree, if we could ever aquire such magnificent head apparel!
WE MUST HAVE THIS!!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I say my good bean, this sounds delightfull. It would be rather splendid, to the outmost degree, if we could ever aquire such magnificent head apparel!
WE MUST HAVE THIS!!
FREE HAT!
But srsly, I think this will be possible. Madcroc will probably gives us a couple of these.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'll contact the Japanese players I met at Genesis 2 to see if we can bring some of them =)

Edit : lol Tonberry I'm also at work but so hyped for this I can't help but browse SWF :laugh:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'll contact the Japanese players I met at Genesis 2 to see if we can bring some of them =)

Edit : lol Tonberry I'm also at work but so hyped for this I can't help but browse SWF :laugh:
Haha, I know the feeling. I think I suffer from a sickess called HYPEotermia.
Anyways, it's friday and I'm working an extra hour because I put on that time to answer questions etc. My boss is awesome!

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
I am also at work, but like you guys i am browsing the forums. I am so damn excited! =D
I have a bunch of gamers at my workplace, and i have told them all about this. Lots of them are comming!

OverLord

Smash Ace
Lol im 88 in the List

Watch out xD

:phone:
so lucky ice!

Oh i got 69, it's not 88 but still a good number
This is Destiny guys.

I've never paid more than $80 for any European tournament, including everything from my home to the venue and back. Once I needed 4 one-way flights (Ryanair doesn't do connecting or give discounts for returns), and it cost $30 total.
Flying inside Europe is cheaper than getting to the airports, if you book at the right time and you're flexible with the dates (and lucky).
^this

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Oh lawdy guise im also at work, usualy i dont have time to even tab out to check the online newspaper. But im so freaking psyched about this. and its even 1 year away. this is madness!

And is it freaking possible to get a madcroc hat? that would be so freaking awesome i would probably need to change pants.
It would also be great commercial for them, because you can darn well bet you if i get a madcroc shirt and hat. I would wear it any day its clean. Madcroc For the freaking WIN! imma buy a case of madcroc today and share with berry. its gonna be bejujular

Edit: we even got belgium involved now, thats so sweet! get more people rom belgium. i want to meet up with you guys <3

Dimitris

Smash Ace
I'll tell the Belgian people about this.

Also, this is the site of the active melee people in Japan: http://smashbrothers.org/
Best way of contacting them probably, if you can make sense of that site...

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Google translate is awesome. Works pretty good.
I thought the Melee scene in Japan was pretty dead, but they have tourneys like every month now, according to this site. Thank you, Dimitris!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Well, we've only ever seen one of them in the Netherlands and then I think I've met another at ESA2. :p

Dimitris

Smash Ace
No problem. For Japan, check this thread out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253371
And ask Dax if you need more info, he seems to know a lot about the Japanese + studies the language.

The Belgian Melee scene is really small, but we're trying to get it more active. Had a mini tourney last week. :)
-> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307270

Edit:
Marc: Actually, CBT+ was at RCT4, Ninfreak was at ZEST5.
So you should think of CBT's performance when you think of Belgian smash, and forget me. :)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Google translate is awesome. Works pretty good.
I thought the Melee scene in Japan was pretty dead, but they have tourneys like every month now, according to this site. Thank you, Dimitris!
Not at all. I spoke with Toph at Genesis 2 and they're living. I'll contact him tonight.
Also I'll try to make Caotic and the other australians attend this.

Top Bottom