• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
if i remember correctly the Armada player fund to Pound 5 was completed in like less than 2 days thanks to you

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Get a good player fund going if u want america to come.

:phone:
This time we got some time before the tournament.

I guess people want to know which top player they donate to, before they actually will donate any money.

So if a couple (if there even is one) candidates can confirm that parents will allow them to fly to europe, get a passport etc we should be able to start the good player fund.

Hbox - Can't travel outside US, because he isn't a citizen.
M2K - Said he wouldn't come unless it will be Brawl (might change his mind if he gets the ticket donated
Mang0 - Even though I would love to see him here, I doubt that he's up for it.
PP - Hopefully no parents john, so I guess he's most likely to get here.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Bribe him with European alcohol. :D

You could also try for Axe, Shroomed, Jman and others if none of the elite four want to go.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I have a question that alot of americans might have in mind

If i were to go what kind of sightseeing is there and what smasher could house me for an extended period of time?

Luma

Smash Lord
you guys should think about flying to a different country (germany or sweden for example) before the tournament, might be alot cheaper

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I have a question that alot of americans might have in mind

If i were to go what kind of sightseeing is there and what smasher could house me for an extended period of time?

I've never been to Norway yet, but it is well known that it's a fantastic country regarding landscape and nature (one of the most notable features being the fjords). For that reason, if I can attend this, I'll try to see with the Norwegians if we can host a massive hiking trip or something before/after the tournament because it's the perfect country for that.
Additionally, the tournament is taking place in Oslo, which is the capital city in Norway. So even if it isn't a really big city, it has a strong culturage heritage.

Just take a look as the wikipedia pages for Norway and Oslo, and also at some travel website.

And as Luma said, if you prepare your trip a bit, you can travel in Europe for cheap (you can go as low as $30/$40 for a international flight, and possibly lower). So you can just take a look at what you'd want to see in Europe, and ask if there are smashers who can help you there.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
I've never been to Norway yet, but it is well known that it's a fantastic country regarding landscape and nature (one of the most notable features being the fjords). For that reason, if I can attend this, I'll try to see with the Norwegians if we can host a massive hiking trip or something before/after the tournament because it's the perfect country for that.
Additionally, the tournament is taking place in Oslo, which is the capital city in Norway. So even if it isn't a really big city, it has a strong culturage heritage.

Just take a look as the wikipedia pages for Norway and Oslo, and also at some travel website.
By the time this event happens, I will most likely have a new apartment, where i would be more than happy to house as many people as we have bed spaces for.
More on this later.

Regarding the sightseeing, Eidsvoll is actually the place where our version of "the declaration of independence" was signed, and i think the house where it happened is a museum of sorts now. There are also old silver mines up there that i believe they hosts tours in, and of course fantastic nature. In addition, I would advice you guys to travel in to Oslo (45 minutes by train) and see our capitol if you want to sight see =D Lots of great stuff there. I would happy to show you around town while i house you guys.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
To get some things straight: Eidsvoll is not in Oslo, and neither i Oslo Airport Gardermoen.
If you want to look at the Norwegian nature, we got some beautiful nature in Eidsvoll. We could arrange a trip to one of the local mountains, if people are interested. It's very beautiful, and we also got some iron mines on the way up. I recommend it.

As for housing; this is a topic that i haven't brought to the table yet, but my parents live in Eidsvoll, so they will probably be able to house up to 8 people. I will stay at their place while in Eidsvoll as well.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Personnally I Will come just for the tournament this Time, because I've been to norway twice already and also because norway is so fvcking expensive.

Shhhh, dont scare people from comming!

Dont listen to him guys, Norway is really cheap, honest.... =D
=(

Aniolas

Smash Ace
By the time this event happens, I will most likely have a new apartment, where i would be more than happy to house as many people as we have bed spaces for.
More on this later.

Regarding the sightseeing, Eidsvoll is actually the place where our version of "the declaration of independence" was signed, and i think the house where it happened is a museum of sorts now. There are also old silver mines up there that i believe they hosts tours in, and of course fantastic nature. In addition, I would advice you guys to travel in to Oslo (45 minutes by train) and see our capitol if you want to sight see =D Lots of great stuff there. I would happy to show you around town while i house you guys.
:mad:

Declaration of fail

:glare:

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Missed BEAST2, will try not to miss this one (depending on my schedule -_-)

I'm freakin interested.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Shhhh, dont scare people from comming!

Dont listen to him guys, Norway is really cheap, honest.... =D
=(
Its a good job to scare people to come to norway :D
The cosest thing to combat here after 1945 is when Darkfrog wrestled the mailman for his new thinkgeek t-shirts.
Come to think of it, that was kind of scary actualy :O

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I believe you swedes are still very salty about letting Norway go, and then justice gave us oil :troll:
Mad salty.

Well, I guess Norway is better off without Sweden. Not sure it would be any oil business if we still controlled you. Read that there is great chances of oil resources in Swedens territory of the baltic sea. But a vast majority of all politicians won't allow any drilling to find out.

Better for the environment they say.

We do have the highest taxes in the world, so some oil money would be nice IMO.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Mad salty.

Well, I guess Norway is better off without Sweden. Not sure it would be any oil business if we still controlled you. Read that there is great chances of oil resources in Swedens territory of the baltic sea. But a vast majority of all politicians won't allow any drilling to find out.

Better for the environment they say.

We do have the highest taxes in the world, so some oil money would be nice IMO.
High taxes are good though, somethings that Americans dont seem to understand.
In norway we pay alot of taxes as well, but we get healthcare and such out of it. The only thing i want my tax money to go to is free public transport and free highspeed internet. I would gladly pay 50% tax for just those 2 things.
After all any good norwegian always does his food shoping in sweeden :D

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
High taxes are good though, somethings that Americans dont seem to understand.
In norway we pay alot of taxes as well, but we get healthcare and such out of it. The only thing i want my tax money to go to is free public transport and free highspeed internet. I would gladly pay 50% tax for just those 2 things.
After all any good norwegian always does his food shoping in sweeden :D
Wow, Norway is actually more expensive than Sweden?

Just for clarification, what would a Whopper burger cost in Norway?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Wow, Norway is actually more expensive than Sweden?

Just for clarification, what would a Whopper burger cost in Norway?
I can't answer to the whopper burger thing, yet, but I'll check just for fun later today :D

Norway is kinda cheap when it comes to technology and stuff, but when it comes to food, we're VERY expensive compared to other countries. It's very common for Norwegians to take a roadtrip to Sweden once in a while to buy a sh*tload of food.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Norway (23) :
- Navntøsen
- Askelink
- Acherontic
- Widl
- Kriz
- Rolf
- Martelol
- Thomas
- JAPF
- Shin
- Demonique
- Don Krool
- Elg
- Hellmaker
- Kami
- Mole Crusher
- Chiko
- Gardex
- Zephy
- Neasala
- Taka
- Rolf JT
- Olikus
- Darkfrog

Sweden (24) :
- Leffen
- Lolex
- Smasher89
- ajp_anton
- Kuja
- Nedech
- Zoler
- Mazor
- Kruse
- Random-ness
- Hara
- Ying
- Pepito
- Calle W
- Isa
- Armada
- VJ
- Beat
- Hack
- Jerk
- Aniolas
- GsE
- Dev
- Mayhem

Finland (5) :
- Paju
- Salevits
- Jekku
- RTpmwe
- Saska

UK (13) :
- Fuzzyness
- Deathgazer
- Yeniths
- Jolteon
- J03
- Willz
- X1-12
- Calzum
- VA
- Beast
- Mr P
- gm jack
- Alpha Dash

Iceland (1) :
- Stormblast

Denmark (4) :
- King Funk
- stelzig
- Jonas
- Eagle

Germany (8) :
- Luma
- .NRG
- Ice
- pheX
- $lash
- KaPe
- ZetroX
- Kjab

The Netherlands (18) :
- Amsah
- Kirby Squad
- Utto
- Adam
- Zgetto
- Faab
- Ace55
- Marc
- Jeapie
- Fernandez
- Mizar
- Jumpman
- Jeffz0r
- Enig
- CorteX
- UchihaJP
- Mind Trick
- Ryuker

France (23) :
- Slhoka
- Joanna Dark
- BSeeD
- JiM
- MetalFox
- Tekk
- porc
- DjaGoF
- Cromat
- Belia
- Kurogane
- Feca-Link
- Lukahn
- Nedved
- LordYggdrasil
- niam
- X-17
- Fragmads
- Samplay2
- Biglard
- Willy
- Mahie
- Salepâte

Italy (6) :
- OverLord
- Aldwyn
- Omega
- AvengerAngel
- Melt
- TDS

Austria (8) :
- Pasi
- Norm
- Timi
- kiw1
- 1337man_dan
- Ares
- MorphBlue
- Alyr

USA (2) :
- Our Savior Marth
- Dr Peepee

Chile (1) :
- Usleon

Total : 133

Here you go Tonberry, I've updated the list and made it look nicer and more confortable, country by country (which gives us a better idea of who shows up or not).
So far, I'd say that not everyone has posted that they're interested, it will keep going for a while still... which is amazing since we're already at 131 people :p
Some countries need to step it up a little, and others a lot...
Spain, where you at?
I'd say that Germany should step it up, aswell as Norway, Italy, Denmark and Finland !
I'm just saying more people should post their interest on this from these countries, especially Norway lol.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
That blows my mind that it costs $800 to travel over there and then i can go anywhere for less than $100
I've never paid more than $80 for any European tournament, including everything from my home to the venue and back. Once I needed 4 one-way flights (Ryanair doesn't do connecting or give discounts for returns), and it cost $30 total.
Flying inside Europe is cheaper than getting to the airports, if you book at the right time and you're flexible with the dates (and lucky).

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
I can't answer to the whopper burger thing, yet, but I'll check just for fun later today :D

Norway is kinda cheap when it comes to technology and stuff, but when it comes to food, we're VERY expensive compared to other countries. It's very usual for Norwegians to take a roadtrip to Sweden once in a while to buy a sh*tload of food.
And dont forget alcohol, the alcohol prices are insane in norway. Basicaly, Anything you consume or devour will cost you a fortune or a limb. But at least we got water running to our houses, that way we wont have to buy our household water from coca cola and pepsi :D.

Dont fret though, its easy to find a good meal to a reasonale price, you just haev to know where to look :D.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Norway (22) :
- Navntøsen
- Askelink
- Acherontic
- Widl
- Kriz
- Rolf
- Martelol
- Thomas
- JAPF
- Shin
- Demonique
- Don Krool
- Elg
- Hellmaker
- Kami
- Mole Crusher
- Chiko
- Gardex
- Zephy
- Neasala
- Taka
- Rolf JT
- Olikus

Here you go Tonberry, I've updated the list and made it look nicer and more confortable, country by country (which gives us a better idea of who shows up or not).
So far, I'd say that not everyone has posted that they're interested, it will keep going for a while still... which is amazing since we're already at 131 people :p
Some countries need to step it up a little, and others a lot...
Spain, where you at?
I'd say that Germany should step it up, aswell as Norway, Italy, Denmark and Finland !
I'm just saying more people should post their interest on this from these countries, especially Norway lol.
Thanks for not putting me on the list man =( Hint taken!

If any of you smoke, i can tell you that one pack of 20 smokes will run you about 87 NOK, which is 16 dollars, 11 EUR, 9.6 GBP, or 465 Russian rubles. Just to give you an idea of our prices =D
****s expensive!!!

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
sorry darkfrog, I didn't pay attention ! I'll update :p
and yeah, smokes are fvcking expensive aswell... but the good thing is, with norway, is that it's not in the UE, so basically, when you fly there, you can buy duty free smokes :)
if I can, I will buy tons of cigarettes before the tournament and sell them to you for cheap (at the price I will have bought them, which is around 6 euros a pack in France, and less in duty free).

Top Bottom