• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - Results & Shoutouts

stelzig

Smash Lord
People always think I suck even more than I do, Rocky. And then I beat them. Be happy that you've managed to just barely win in both our sets for now ^x^

I was actually only 1 set (actually 1 game) away from making bracket this time so yeah.

Come to terebi and i'll take you out if you keep sleeping :p (swedish forum btw: http://forum.smashbros.se.preview.citynetwork.se/index.php :p)

Edit: Tbh, I was kinda nervous about our games too as I didn't actually play outside of tournament at all before day 3 (and I was a little sick day1+2). But fortunately I took my easier sets round 1 first. You probably would have ***** me if you had been my first match :)

A-D

Smash Journeyman
stelzig you were actually really there at the tournament ? why didnt you say something bro , i seriously didnt see you around , neither did zgetto
i remember we talked @ rox4 !
u still play mkds? ;)

stelzig

Smash Lord
LOL, well yeah. I saw you guys too, i'm just not very talkative, even less in foreign languages. Haven't played mkds in years (probably 07, I was already done with it at RoX4 pretty much :p).

Btw, I was also at pound 4, but I don't blame you for not remembering. As I said, i'm not very talkative, lol. I'll try and speak up next time I see you guys. Maybe we can get some games in too :)

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
So against my better judgement I'll post some shoutouts too.

NamiNami: Thank you for a very entertaining set. I thought I would do way worse in our bracket set since I was playing with a new controller, but - ironically - it went even better.

Porc: Sorry for another lousy set from my side. There's something about your playstyle that just puts me to shame. I hope to offer you a better challenge in the future.

Dev: Forever to be known as Def.

KJ: You're hilarious. Never change.

Vilness: Do something about your temper, man. You may not notice it during the game but it really hinders you as a player. We had some really close matches the day before the tournament.

Jekku: Too bad we didn't get to play some singles. Next time, perhaps.

Novi: I really enjoyed playing the buffed version. I've got more thoughts on DK, should you or anyone else be interested.

Dr. PP: Thank you for providing our scene with a lot of hype. I hope more Americans will follow your example.

Lolex: Major thanks for driving us around everyday. Especially the last day, lol.

stelzig & Eagle: Our sets in teams are always really close. Keep it up!

VilNess

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tournament Tonberry!
I will write more but I was supposed to write this one thing.
Nedech: Yeah sorry about that temper thing. I forgot that Finnish people are used me being little angry after losing matches but not others. And I´m not angry for long because I let it out fast, but yea you are right I could have played better. You deserved the win anyway you we´re better. And yea during the game I need to concentrate more. I just wanted to write this because I won´t do it anymore (at least outlands :p ) and I wasn´t angry to any person. You are a cool guy.

More stuff later. :)

saska

Smash Cadet
Hey, that shirt your sig links to is ****ING COOL. Are there any places I can get it for less than 25 bucks? lol
Its 19 euros now, i won't make it any lower than that. Sorry.

rocky: thanks, i'll try harder to get better in melee. maybe i should try ice climbers because my climbing skillz. /joke

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutoutz

Was gonna order these, but then I realized there's too many of you guys in different countries. What happens happens fellas.

Tonberry- OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG thank youuuu for EVERYTHING man! Also lemme know if you want your donation back I gotchu bruh =)

Fun!

AJP- See: Tonberry LOL. Thank you so much as well my man you're a great and helpful guy. Good luck with your travels =)

Rkey and Jack- Amazing riding compadres! That freaking dice roll game LOOOOLLL shoutouts to Machamp.

Thanks for being very pleasant to hang out with, you guys gave me a great impression of Europe!

Rkey again- TWEWY is too good great call on that lmao

UK people- stop sounding ridiculous please. I've been jockin on you fools since I've been home btw.

Alpha dash- ghe--o

Fuzzy- So wait you and Yuna....

Jolteon- =D

Techy dudes- swag

German people- GUTEN!!!(idc how you spell it, it's guten for me)

Ice- I have never learned so much from anyone ever in my life as on THAT night. you know the one.

GGs btw =)

learn to fight marth plz

Overtriforce- N**** don't lose to DONKEY KONG

Fun playing you in friendlies =)

Dutch bros- You guys are super cool I like ya'll.

NamiX2- Your hair is **** idk why I never said it LOL. Anyway it was very nice to meet you man and if you ever come to USA I got ur back. =)

Paju- Also a great attitude, keep up the hard work my manz. You're one of the few people who MM'd me so that is very respectable imo.

Novi- omfg why did we talk for 56 minutes I hate europeans

nah jk <3 that was so legit of you haha

hat guy(forgot your name sorry)- agreeing to be my wingman way earlier than leffen=200 respect points. gj

Frenchies- your accents are cool

Slhoka- You're just a fun guy to talk to, no questions asked. Definitely a good reason to head back to Europe again. =)

Baxon- Fun money match dude! You're a really tight guy

Norway again- YOU'RE COLD

Flikflakk- BUTTONS <3333

Evan- You're really cool. Sorry I didn't know anything about cars <.<

Good luck with your fiance btw! =)

Tonberry's parents- OMG OMG OMG OMG you're so nice THANK YOU for allowing me to stay with you once again.

Aldwyn- Meeting you was really tight because you're like the full Italian dude I wanted to see where lots of my heritage came from haha. GGs in friendlies and I hope you keep on representing. =)

Netherlands- Ya'll dudes coooooooolllll

Adam- super duper homie! Hope you play more cuz seein you at more tourneys would be bomb.

Zgetto- I like your Fox ideas. Keep pushing them plz.

Amsah- Plz be okay =(

Sweden- Yeah okay FINE

Mikehaggar- You're a great dude and my king and don't play gay chicken with me plz

Leffen- N**** you 12

Sorry about teams =(

Reverse sorry about your wingmanning abilities =)

That night with Ice was ****

Lolex- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEX

Zoler- Super homie <333

EK- why did we never play WHYYYYYYYYYYYY ag

Android- You're your brothers spitting image!

Humpe- Your name is hilarious

Nedech- Swag

Armada- N**** you ain't last on my shoutouts list

Javlar

Gamba- o 3 o

=O

;)

=)

when you comin to USA? I got you on housing no worries

I forgot people and whatever so remind me I'll put you on here.

This tournament was amazing and I'm super glad everyone came out and made it a wonderful experience for me to take back home! Europe is aight <3

super secret ninja shoutouts to duct tape- THE SAVIOR!!!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
PP: I realized while running to the bus at the airport that I left my bus card with you. It's not valid anymore now obviously, but it can be recharged and the card itself is worth 20sek. Hope you haven't thrown it away, keep it as a souvenir or something =).

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Nedech is the hero I wish I could be.
Ditto!

Nedech said:
stelzig & Eagle: Our sets in teams are always really close. Keep it up!
Yeah, and it seems like we're always playing against each other, haha. Both in pools and in bracket for this tournament.

I'm sad I could only watch the finals on the livestream on my way home, it sounded really hype.

While I'm at it, special shout-outs to the dutchies I played friendlies with (Ace... and someone else). We had a good chat.

Paju, I'm sad we only got to play a few friendlies right before I had to leave. Seems like you're travelling a lot though, so we'll play again in future tournaments for sure. And yeah, I can only echo Rocky's sentiment: you guys are doing work.

Once again, ggs to all. I don't think I stressed enough in my first post how fantastic the tournament was, and how amazing the European community is.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Just a standard English guy, knows a lot of tech skill and is trying to show Mr Pee Pee the light. He is of course refusing to see it because he is American, so he thinks he is right (he is not).

On a serious note, thanks for the games at the housing venue, I feel like I learnt a lot and you highlighted some of my bad habits, I'll be able to work on a bunch of stuff now. Hopefully because of that, improvement will soon follow.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just a standard English guy, knows a lot of tech skill and is trying to show Mr Pee Pee the light. He is of course refusing to see it because he is American, so he thinks he is right (he is not).

On a serious note, thanks for the games at the housing venue, I feel like I learnt a lot and you highlighted some of my bad habits, I'll be able to work on a bunch of stuff now. Hopefully because of that, improvement will soon follow.
Hey good luck man, you got this =)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Its been a week and I've only just recovered.

Shoutouts:

Tonberry aka 'Woah Guy' - Great tournament, I enjoyed myself a lot. its too bad that all the UK players had to face each other at some point in the tournament, that was my only criticism. On a better note, Your penthouse is amazing! *Feel free to come to the UK.

Madlobster - Thank you, Just thank you! *Same goes for you^ Try coming to the next UK national, if not then come to the international in January.

Dr. peepee - Jocking on the UK!? You got it all wrong, we ain't just biscuit eating-Tea Drinkers! lol Come to the UK you can be my wing man. P.S Next time I play you I'll probably be a Falco main, I know I need a lot of work but I got time to practice.

Baxon - Good seeing you again, see you in August.

Zgetto - :D Put that Marth away. I'm gonna come to the Netherlands and party with you guys.

Adam - I didn't get to play you. Next international your the first person I'm going to play. P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NknMfWnIWac this one is for you!

Eclipsing Binary - Great friendlies. I think I enjoyed playing you most. Looking forward to teaming with you if we ever meet again.

Ice - Your sheik is free! :p GG's at the housing venue. That smirk you had while you were playing doubles with Armada! lol

Däumling - Theres a lot I need to learn from your IC's I didn't get to watch many of your matches either but, I'm sure I will see you at another international tournament.

Leffen - You need to start making people like you more! When you coming to the UK next?

King Funk - More Project M. I didn't get to play you much but from the matches we did play... ;) I'm a beast right!? :troll:

Ying - GG's looking forward to see you playing more Project M :p

A-D

Smash Journeyman
@ Alpha dash , lol yeh bro i love that song and many more , i actually never met you before this tournament i guess..a shame we didnt get to play indeed, i think all the black smashers like me zgetto etc should play more at tournaments and stick together more and cheer for eachother during tournaments, just for the proud of it, so many more black smashers will join in future tournaments right ? cause we just like to party actually ;)

no disrespect to my none black smashers , love each and every 1 of you

besides that great commentary bro, you should indeed come to holland once and party with zgetto me and some random dutch girls
EDIT; I might join the OOC crew one day if ya'll let me in ;)

@fuzzyness where is my winners bracket set vs dr.peepee ? where i only played serious on my last match when i 0 to death that peepee dude

EDIT : when will there be a next big UK tournament? i wanna come the UK, i've never been there

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
fuzzy : did u uploaded all the videos ?
i cant' find my set vs Calle W in teams :urg:

and my set vs adam got the wrong name it says " over vs baxon" but it's adam

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Haven't done shout-outs in a while, but this tourney was really worth it :)

Norwegians:
Tonberry: I’ve never been to a 100+ attendees tournament that has been hosted as good as this one. Great job, and I really enjoyed helping you with all kinds of hosting stuff. The housing venue was also nicely arranged, aswell as the mountain trip. I would probably do it again, despite I was complaining a bit :p
Masamune: Good to see you again, a shame you only attended teams. It wouldn’t matter much if you’d place lower than you used to, people still respect you I’m sure.
Madlobster: Nice meeting you, hope to see you more often in future tournaments.

Dutch:
Laurens: Dank je voor het teamen, moeten we vaker doen. Performance had misschien iets beter gekund, maar de bracket was ook wel wel vrij lastig. In iedergeval van UCK/Phex en Deathgazer/Alphadash gewonnen in pouls en bijna van Efen/Flikkflakk. Veel plezier nog de rest van je vakantie.
Danilo: Leuk dat je er was, fijne vakantie nog.
Aaron: Heb je wat beter leren kennen deze trip. Eens over wat andere dingen gepraat dan smash. Afgelopen maandag was ook cool, DK Country Returns ver gekomen, weirde wandeltrip met obstakels naar de bushalte XD en het was leuk om niet alleen terug te hoeven vliegen.
Freek: Die bedmatches van je, wtf je was on fire. Doe dat in toernooi en je had die bracket gehaald :D
Sergio: Cool dat je alsnog bent gekomen, je had die bracket ook kunnen halen.
Miguel: Good job 5e singles en 3e in teams, had misschien beter gekund in singles though, je matches met Leffen en Ice waren zo close en leuk om naar te kijken.
Adam: Hoe place je hier hoger dan bij een toernooi in Den Haag dat 3 keer zo klein is, nice XD
Amsah: Beterschap man.

Swedish:
Armada: Congratz on winning both singles and teams, again. When you play, it almost seems like you can read your opponents’ mind. You’re always one step ahead and know what your opponent is going to do before he even knows it himself, unbelievable.
EK: Great seeing you again after all these years. You’re a great guy to hang out with and I hope this tourney inspired you to travel more again. You placed very well for someone who never practises anymore.
Leffen: You’re lazy and sometimes kinda annoying, but damn you’re getting really good. 2nd in teams, 3rd in teams and getting a game of Armada in winners semi. I think you’ll be the first European to take a tournament from Armada. Even though you got 4-stocked that last match :p
Calle W: Good times hanging out with you and the others Sunday evening and talking about games and stuff. Never really talked with you at other tournaments, such a shame. Hope to see you again next time.
Akke: Same to you. Good to hear this tourney got you hyped about Melee again, same as it did to me. Come to Holland some time.
Humpe: You too, nice meeting you and see you next time.
AJP: Sorry I was a bit rude that Friday morning at the housing venue, I was just stressed I guess. You’re a cool guy, always nice to see you.
Rocky: Nice seeing you again. Good job in taking a game of Over in that moneymatch and well done in singles. See you again when you’re in Holland.
Ying: I played so crappy vs you, it’s ridiculous :( Too bad you got the pool of death 2nd round, you had bracket potential for sure. Come to Holland.
VJ: Nice Ganondorf man. And pretty good Fox too, I felt pretty bad about not making it to the 2nd round, seeing that other pouls were much easier than ours. Better luck next time for me I guess.
Nedech: You beat Over, Doraki and Potato Chips with DK and got top seed in your 2nd pool (despite losing to an annoying falco :p), I’ve never seen such a good DK in Europe before. Too bad you couldn’t live up to expectations in the bracket, you still did great. Keep it up.

Brits:
Fuzzyness: Good livestream you had going on. Well performed in both singles and teams too.
Jolteon: Great job at teams, you seem much better at it than singles, keep it up. Oh yeah, get rid of that Spongebob suitcase, please.
Alphadash: Best European commentator ever.

Fins:
Novi: Nice hanging out with you and cool interview with PP. And Modern, hacked, Melee was fun to play, I hadn’t heard of it before.
Paju: Good Peach. After seeing how well you did in singles and pouls, I can’t understand why our matches were so close. I guess ditto’s are either just to different, or you don’t have enough experience in them. Great job anyway in the tourney.
NamiNami: Hanging out in Oslo was fun, despite there wasn’t much special to see actually. I’m still glad I got to the housing venue just in time to be able to come with you.
Jekku: Good to see there are still some female Melee players in Europe, they’re too rare :/ Too bad we didn’t play any matches, I heard your Marth was actually pretty good.
Vilness: So cool to meet another oldschool player, one I haven’t me yet. It was fun to play friendlies to, I definitely want to play more next time. Your Luigi is so sick, it’s unbelievable.

Frenchies:
Slhoka: Always nice to see you. Thanks for helping hosting too. You’re a great guy and should also really come to Holland sometime.
Baxon: Nice seeing you again too, it’s been a while. Amazing job in the moneymatch with PP, too bad you didn’t manage to win it. Thanks for the friendlies and I want to play more next ime.
Porc: Too bad I didn’t play any matches with you, but it’s always nice to see you and you really seem to have improved.
Doraki: Always nice to see you, I feel sorry for you that the number of Falco-players keep increasing :p
JD: Haha! XD

Danish:
King Funk: Nice meeting you, for some reason I always thought you would be some huge fat guy, boy was I wrong XD
Eagle: Great Samus, I would’ve loved to see you face off against Cyr. Samus ditto’s might be boring, but not the way you play.
Stelzig: Good to see you again, you improved I think, nice :)

Germans:
Ice: Lost to Leffen? Didn’t see that coming. Like Zgetto said, I guess you weren’t in your best form this time. At least you won teams, so congratulations on that. I want some friendlies next time your in Holland, we didn’t get any this time unfortunately.
PST: Nice to see you again too. I still haven’t been to any German tournaments before. I hope I get the possibility sometime.
UCK: Good that we could still get some friendlies in right after singles was done. It was fun seeing you again and playing some matches.
Luma: You should’ve been there, where were you? :( Still congrats on your tag beating me though XD On livestream even, lol.

Italians:
Aldwyn: He’s a friend of mine who does like this. No seriously, great performance with 7th place. You still got it. Too bad we didn’t play, we should have.

Spanish:
Over Triforce: Good to see you’re still an awesome player and I think your Sheik is just as good as Ice’s or Amsah’s. I wouldn’t have been surprised if you had made it to top 4.

Americans:
Dr. PeePee: Nice meeting you, you’re a cool guy. You made the mountain trip so much more epic with your raging against Tonberry :D Too bad you were feeling a bit ill during the tourney, but you still ***** everyone you played besides Armada. Two times 2nd place, not what you wanted of course, but still nothing to be ashamed of. And thanks for the interview with Novi, I found it very interesting and the Peach stuff seem to be very useful. Hope to meet you again someday.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Came back from Norway yesterday. Both the tournament and my trip were amazing !

Shoutouts later.

Also, I lost my camera, and it may have been at the venue or the housing venue. It's a small compact camera, a black canon ixus. Would someone have seen it ?

porc

Smash Journeyman
Tonberry thank you again for the tournament dude. You're definitly THE european TO ;)
everything was just perfect, great job...!

shoutouts to Frank

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
I guess JD meant the crowd reactions during the set. Apparently nobody got it on camera :urg:

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
daaaayum
i think the black tall guy from UK (sorry i forgot your nickname again -_-') recorded it but i'm not sure...
i'd love to see it too :embarrass:

Top Bottom