• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - Results & Shoutouts

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Thanks for a great tournament, guys!
Herer are the results from the bracket matches. I'll post shoutouts later, right now I'm tired as hell and don't have the energy to do **** :ohwell:

Singles (124 entrants)

1: Armada (8200 NOK / 1344$ / 1097 EUR)
2: dr peepee (4100 NOK / 672$ / 548 EUR)
3: Leffen (2250 NOK / 368$ / 301 EUR)
4: Ice (1450 NOK / 237$ / 194 EUR)
5: Zgetto (750 NOK / 122$ / 100 EUR)
5: Adam (750 NOK / 122$ / 100 EUR)
7: Over Triforce (350 NOK / 57$ / 46 EUR)
7: Aldwyn (350 NOK / 57$ / 46 EUR)
9: Fuzzyness (100 NOK / 16$ / 13 EUR)
9: Calle W (100 NOK / 16$ / 13 EUR)
9: NamiNami (100 NOK / 16$ / 13 EUR)
9: Baxon (100 NOK / 16$ / 13 EUR)
13: Paju
13: Doraki
13: EK
13: Dev
17: Tonberry
17: Kriz
17: Däumling
17: Jon_***
17: Nedech
17: ZetTroxX
17: porc
17: Rocky
25: Eagle
25: ROFLCOPTER
25: Flikkflakk
25: Deathgazer
25: VilNess
25: Salevits
25: DJ Black
25: Thomas

Teams (45 entrants)

1: Armada + Ice (8100 NOK / 1335$ / 1091 EUR)
2: dr peepee + Leffen (4100 NOK / 672$ / 548 EUR)
3: Adam + Zgetto (2350 NOK / 384$ / 314 EUR)
4: Jolteon + Fuzzyness (1350 NOK / 220$ / 180 EUR)
5: Akke + Ek (500 NOK / 81$ / 67 EUR)
5: NamiNami + Paju (500 NOK / 81$ / 67 EUR)
7: Aldwyn + Dax
7: Baxon + Over
9: Kriz + Masamune
9: Däumling + ProsmasherTim
9: Calle W + Humpe
9: Dev + Nedech
13: porc + Willy
13: Efen + Flikkflakk
13: MikeHaggar + ROFLCOPTER
13: TheBose + Thomas
17: Doraki + Yeniths
17: King Funk + Navn
17: Android + Smasher89
17: DJ Black + Tonberry
17: Eagle + stelzig
17: Rocky + Widl
17: Jon_*** + ZetroxX
17: Ace55 + Slhoka
25: Lolex + VJ
25: Masterkai + RPG
25: Fraykway + Ser
25: Salevits + VilNess
25: Jeffz0r + Lawrencelot
25: pheX + UCK
25: Askelink + Hellmaker
25: I8FATGIRLS + Pablo

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
was a really good tournament and I reallly enjoyed my first time travelling abroad for smash.m Good games to everyone i played. i'll do shououts later when I get home xD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Putting the winnings in kroner makes them look so much more impressive.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Naminami in both singles and teams.
Paju did some nice work too !

D

Deleted member

tough times for america

also, i apologize for being crass on livestream just really wanted PP to win. i have like 0 hate for europe

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Overall, I had a very good time at the tournament, and I played some of the best matches I've ever played. Good games to everyone I played!

A couple of things:

- Having a huge venue is nice, but I honestly thought it was kind of overkill. You probably expected more people to come, but still. The venue fee was kind of expensive, and I would much rather have a venue closer to shops/restaurants/ATMs.

- Please consider having teams pools and bracket on the same day and singles pools and bracket on the same day. It is much nicer to play all your matches on the same day rather than having to get up early with little time to do warm-up. If the tournament had finished Saturday, people would probably be more willing to stay up late and play friendlies rather than going to bed early. This has been the case at pretty much all the tournaments I've been to, in any case.
It is also kind of anti-climactic having played really well in pools, only to have to wait until the next day to continue. Maybe have singles round 1 on a different day, but I'm sure you could have round 2 and bracket on the same day if you wanted to.

- The delays obviously sucked, but you stepped it up and made sure teams bracket and singles bracket were on time.

- No projector for the important matches also kind of sucked. The Danes had to leave kind of early to catch a plane, so I'm not sure if you fixed this later on.

- Please, please, please never have a tournament again with both Kongo Jungle 64 and Rainbow Ride allowed; I'm sure pretty much everyone prefers the standard European ruleset. There's nothing worse than having a good tournament set ruined by awful counterpicks.
Giving spacies (well, fastfallers and a lot of top/high tiers really) two extremely strong counterpicks is really dumb. I banned either Kongo or Rainbow Ride throughout the entire tournament depending on what match-up I played, and most people just smirked or laughed when I did, presumably because they think the stages suck, as well. Pretty much everyone I talked to agreed that the stages are awful.
At the very least, consider switching one of the stages with Brinstar/Mute City or add another stage ban. It still wouldn't be totally fair, but it would be better, at least.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ørn/Eagle:

- The venue was a 10 min walk away from the closest shops. That is the closest you can get from any venue in Eidsvoll, so I can't really take that complaint too seriously. Actually I don't think there are any other venues with a WALKING DISTANCE to a shop in Eidsvoll.

- I got the venue for almost the same price as any other venues with space for max 70 people would cost, so the entrance fee would about stay the same anyways. And if the tourney would be hosted at a place near a city, the venue costs would probably much be higher, even with a small venue with space for maximum 70 people. ALSO, you guys have to learn that there are more stuff than only the venue that we need to pay for to run a tournament like this, and if we were about to get too little money in the entrance, I would have to pay a lot of more money from my own pocket. It's easy for other people when the organizers are gambling with their own money, just for them to pay a little bit less :)

- This is the first time Ive actually had delays on one of my tournaments, but it did not **** up the schedule because I tend to overestimate how long time tourneys will take instead of underestimating. I recommend other TOs to do this aswell :)

- The reason why we couldn't show the important matches on the projector had a lot to do with the stream and how the pictures was transfered to the streaming software. The projector resolution would make that pretty hard to work out in a good way. I do agree that it sucked BIG TIME that we couldn't display those matches on the projector, but it seems like people found a way to see the matches anyways :)

- There are several tourneys with worse rulesets than the one I used, even in modern time. People have different opinions on that. Someone likes it, someone doesn't. People are way too used to a narrow selection of stages nowadays, which is a trend I personally disagree with.

EDIT: The teams tournament ended at 22:30 on saturday. Having the singles tournament the same day would have been stupid, as it would force people to be up late.

kd-

Smash Lord
I love it when people make brackets to have the first and second placing player on top and bottom of the bracket respectively. Epic when they collide in winner's finals.

Great job, nice stream

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
@Tonb3rry:

About the venue and stuff - fair enough, I'm probably just a bit spoiled by the venue used for the BEAST tournaments, haha. I do remember you saying you got a good price on the venue, too. Kiwi was alright for shopping, but you had to walk for like 40 minutes to get to a proper restaurant/pizza joint or whatever. It's not a huge issue or anything.

EDIT: The teams tournament ended at 22:30 on saturday. Having the singles tournament the same day would have been stupid, as it would force people to be up late.
What I was thinking: Teams pools and bracket on the same day, singles pools and bracket on the same day. But yeah, would probably have been a pretty tight schedule regardless. I just hated having to go to sleep and miss out on potential friendlies.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ørn/Eagle: I fully understand your point of view, but we would have to use the last day to fulfill the tournament anyways. We could have teams pools and brackets the first day, but I chose not to do that for two important reasons: To get time to actually seed and make the Teams bracket without delaying the tournament and to get variation. We would have to play either the teams or the singles bracket on sunday anyways, and I believe that ending the tournament with singles would give the most hype and the best ending :)

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
Someday I'm gonna tear down the thick wall of Falcos in Europe.

Thank you for a great tournament, Tonberry (plus all the co-hosts).

CesarAnthony84

Smash Cadet
Are any videos for this going up? Also it would be nice if in the results you posted the matches like Eventhubs does for Street Fighter Marvel Vs capcom tournaments, For example something like:

Grand Finals- Armada (Peach/Fox) defeats PeePee (Falco) 3-2
Losers Finals- Pee Pee eliminates Leffen 3-1

Something like that. This way people can see who fought who.

Oh, I just saw the brackets. It says who won, but its impossible to see how close were the matches.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I really had a great time. I would like to thank Tonberry for hosting a wonderful event and everyone else for giving me some of the best matches and friendlies I ever played.

However, I do agree with everything Eagle pointed out.

I am never attending a tournament with Rainbow Ride or Kongo Jungle again. I don't ever want to support events that use those stages as they are absolutely terrible for the game. They promote extreme counterpicking which usually hurts characters that aren't fastfallers/other top tiers and they force many players to ban them.

- There are several tourneys with worse rulesets than the one I used, even in modern time. People have different opinions on that. Someone likes it, someone doesn't. People are way too used to a narrow selection of stages nowadays, which is a trend I personally disagree with.
Have you made any serious research on that? There are good reasons most tournaments in Europe have dropped janky stages. There are good reasons why most players in Europe despise them. We all know what they lead to and how much of a negative impact they can have on sets.

Also, I don't mean any offense but watching a tournament host create his own stagelist and then abuse it as hard as possible against his opponents in bracket was quite interesting.

Will give shoutouts later.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Also, I don't mean any offense but watching a tournament host create his own stagelist and then abuse it as hard as possible against his opponents in bracket was quite interesting.
Check out Genesis 2 and Melee-FC (http://www.zettagaming.com/meleefc/FC10RInfo.pdf). Melee-FC will be pretty soon.

I think it is VERY unfair that you put things the way you do now. First of all: Check the rulesets for my previous tourneys. They had way more stages on, and I was not a big fan of most of them, but I followed the scandinavian trend at that time. Second: I added two more stages to the ruleset to enable stage banning and more variation, and I thought Rainbow Ride and Kongo Jungle 64 were the most fair stages out of the rest that could have been enabled, and they are two stages that are commonly enabled for tournaments with more stages enabled. There was a tournament in France (TSL5?) some years ago with those stages enabled and without stage bans, and Genesis 2 also enabled those stages out of all the stages they could have put on.

For the record, I HATE to play on KJ64, but I still put it on that stage list.
So yeah, thanks for the flame because I used one of those two stages enabled. I smell bad sportsmanship and saltyness because I beat "someone I won't mention that are close to you" on that stage. When I said "good games" after a close set I got the answer "I don't think so". Kinda made me lose the respect of that player. I think that's too bad, and it doesn't make it much better when you make posts like this. Thanks man!

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I smell bad sportsmanship and saltyness because I beat "someone I won't mention that are close to you" on that stage. When I said "good games" after a close set I got the answer "I don't think so". Kinda made me lose the respect of that player. I think that's too bad, and it doesn't make it much better when you make posts like this. Thanks man!
You don't have to leave out names, that was me. Specifically, I said "I disagree, but whatever" when you said "good games". But yeah, I was being unfair. We did have two good games, one on Yoshi's Story and one on Battlefield and I'd like to say it was nice playing you on those stages. Good games, Tonb3rry. I just feel like the overall set was ruined by the Rainbow Ride counterpick. I can understand losing respect for me based on what I said, though, it was kind of harsh.

For the record, I don't mind being camped, nor do I mind people playing super defensively against me. I had a really good game with Smasher89 who tried to time me out on Stadium with Jigglypuff, but I just think having two stages on that provide such a huge advantage to the top tiers is awful. And I know how to play on those stages, too.

I can tell you don't want to discuss it, and that's fine; I wasn't planning on making a big deal out of it, and I'm not telling King Funk what to do; I'd probably attend a great tournament like this in the future even if those stages were on, but I would feel cheated out of a fair stage list.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I am never attending a tournament with Rainbow Ride or Kongo Jungle again. I don't ever want to support events that use those stages as they are absolutely terrible for the game. They promote extreme counterpicking which usually hurts characters that aren't fastfallers/other top tiers and they force many players to ban them.
OH NO

CHARACTER DIVERSITY

OH NO

FOX IS GOOD BECAUSE HE'S GOOD ON A LOT OF STAGES

OH NO

EXTREME COUNTERPICKING MAKES ME LEARN A SECONDARY

OH NO

I HAVE TO PLAY ON A STAGE THAT MY CHARACTER GETS A MINOR DISADVANTAGE ON BECAUSE I BANNED THE ONE THAT OFFERED THE MOST ADVANTAGE. THE COUNTERPICKING SYSTEM IS DESTROYED!

jesus christ if you believe that a ruleset is "bad" you should come up with some good logic first

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
So yeah, thanks for the flame because I used one of those two stages enabled. I smell bad sportsmanship and saltyness because I beat "someone I won't mention that are close to you" on that stage. When I said "good games" after a close set I got the answer "I don't think so". Kinda made me lose the respect of that player. I think that's too bad, and it doesn't make it much better when you make posts like this. Thanks man!
Flame? It was just a bit sarcastic, nothing really serious.

Eagle was forced to play a hard matchup on the unfairly difficult conditions provided by Rainbow Ride, and there was no way he could avoid playing on that stage because of Kongo Jungle (unless he somehow knew that you didn't like that particular stage). While you did win the last round on the set on a neutral (legitimately in my eyes), I don't think you should underestimate the heavy momentum drop a 5-6 minute match lost on RR causes to a player. So I do believe you can excuse him for being a little bitter about it.

You can do whatever you want with your tournament ruleset. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't attend events with unbalanced stages anymore. And a lot of people share my opinion on this matter. I know some players who mentioned the stage list as one of their reasons not to attend your event. Whether you want to keep on using liberal stage lists is entirely your decision to make as the TO. The way I see it, I prefer to care more about what my attendees really want rather than to force them my personal philosophy on the game.

I would like to point out that aside from that, I really liked your event and I think you did a pretty good job overall as a tournament organizer. Everything was pretty much done in time and there were always enough setups for everyone to have friendlies and enjoy themselves.

Take criticism as you will, but I believe it's our duty as the attendees to give our honest opinion on some matters to hopefully make your job easier. We all have a lot of respect for you to have made this event happen and I hope you can see that.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Mfw King funk continuously makes childish implications at tonberry over a stage's legibility at a video game tournament. I'll abstain from debating myself but try to keep it civil.

I enjoyed the tourney and the work put into it, good **** TOs :)

:phone:

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
From a spectators perspective thousands of miles away it was pretty awesome Tonberry. The stream was solid, results are up quickly and the seeding worked pretty perfectly. It would have been nice to see some upsets but when the top four are Armada, PP, Leffen, and Ice you know it worked out well.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Mfw King funk continuously makes childish implications at tonberry over a stage's legibility at a video game tournament. I'll abstain from debating myself but try to keep it civil.

I enjoyed the tourney and the work put into it, good **** TOs :)

:phone:
Continuously? I wrote two posts, and I left it at that, while keeping it civil. I even showed my appreciation for how the event was run in all other aspects. Pardon me if I don't understand what your problem is.

Anyway, awesome job to Tonberry and I'd definitely come back to Norway. They really have a lot of very underrated players out there.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thank you so much for this awesome experience Tonberry!! The housing venue was AWESOME and one could have host a tournament there alone.

For those that don't know, Tonberry paid for the housing venue from his own pocket just that he wouldn't have to charge people for that. Only thing he asked was people to clean up after themselves. If I was a TO, I would have charged for the venue IN ADDITION to massive transportation fees. I'm sure that the amount of people you drove to places during the weekend resulted in huge costs for petrol. But you wouldn't charge anyone for that, even when you were offered money.

In short this tournament is the best one I've ever been to, I've never seen such a good TO and organizing. The actual venue was extremely good, I could have asked for nothing more. My only complaint was to that there should have been MORE PEOPLE ATTENDING, seriously you missed out.

Anyways, some quick shoutouts:

PP: You are an awesome dude and I enjoyed talking with you and interviewing you. I was really rooting for you in GFs because I hate Peach and I'm sick of seeing Armada win everyone. Anyways, you played very good and I believe next time you and ARmada meet you will win, even this time it was SO close. You get him next time.

An hour long interview with PP coming to Youtube soon. It's in Full HD so it's going to take painfully long to convert and upload though.

NamiNami: Good **** in singles, Finland hasn't performed this good in an international for a long time. I was very impressed with your play against Ek.

Paju: Good job in singles also, you just need to learn the Falcon matchup and you are good to go. Great job in teams both of you.

Tonberry: You are the best TO I've ever seen. Thank you so much for everything. I hope you get some rest and hopefully will see another smasher's reunion tournament.

stelzig

Smash Lord
As I wrote in the other topic, this was only because it started extremely late as well.
Overestimating is fair enough, but I think you went a little overboard with it and I also think it would be ok to work AHEAD of time if you end up having it, at least as long as you give people a decent amount of time to get noticed about it.

Edit: For anyone who read my other post, where I also briefly mentioned the stagelist... I agree entirely that the slight saltiness about the set between eagle and tonberry is kinda distasteful, and it was partly why I didn't go into detail about exactly what eagle said (adding two counterpicks that works for the fastfalles and are against the lesser viable characters like ICs and samus. Just would've made more sense if one of them had been switched out or not added at all, is all). I really don't want to come off as salty of anything here, not with my other "complaint" (it's not a huge deal) either, i'm just better at mentioning negative stuff than positive. And I also had this very opinion before the tournament anyway.

On a sidenote, yeah eagle has a tendency to get a little salty after matches. I've tried where he didn't want to shake my hand after a game as well. I don't approve of it either, but trust me, he's a very nice guy and player. If that was my first impression of him, I would've quickly lost respect as well, and I got just as sad when he made that respond this time as the last time (this is the second time he throws out that phrase).

Hope this situation wont' hurt the danish reputation too badly, lol.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
King Funk: If you look at your post one more time you kinda accuse me for making my own ruleset to give myself an advantage in the tournament. And THAT is what pisses me off. I can take criticism about the stages, but when I work my *** off 20 hours a day with no friendlies and 4 hours sleep and I GET THAT in my face, you should understand that it makes me upset. It was not an attack on the ruleset, it was an attack towards me as a person.

If I were the only guy who ever put on more stages on a ruleset, I'd probably not do it, but since other big tournaments still does it, I added two of the stages I thought would be most fair out of the non-neutrals, not to give myself a damn advantage. I dunno if you notice, but at EVERY stage strike I do, I always let my opponent start. Why? Because I like all the neutral stages. RR wouldn't really matter too much for me. If I wanted to give myself an advantage by adding those stages, I most certainly wouldn't add a rule that people could ban a stage.

I might have a different ideology than you when it comes to stages, but I've been into Melee and went to tournaments for 8 years now, and I kinda got a good insight on the stages that are non-neutral, which probably is why I also have a different view on what I think is most fair, or how smash should be played compared to yours.

I hope I can get some rest now. If you wanna attack my ruleset, I'm fine with that, but I've almost worked myself to death to make this a pleasant experience for EVERYONE, so please don't attack ME.

Thank you.

Edit:

Stelzig: Wobbles has counterpicked RR with ICs and won :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Cool thing about wobbles, but I don't think it really changes how most people look at RC and KJ64 as counterpick stages and who they favor/go against :p

As I said, it's not a big deal that more stages were on or even a big deal at all (especially not when you gave us a ban), but the two stages chosen still seem silly to me. From a more general perspective.

Edit: I also noticed nedech going bananas and choosing KJ64 against naminami and winning. I didn't expect that either. :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
King Funk: If you look at your post one more time you kinda accuse me for making my own ruleset to give myself an advantage in the tournament. And THAT is what pisses me off. I can take criticism about the stages, but when I work my *** off 20 hours a day with no friendlies and 4 hours sleep and I GET THAT in my face, you should understand that it makes me upset. It was not an attack on the ruleset, it was an attack towards me as a person.
Kinda indeed. While that statement was a bit trollish, I'm sorry I sounded a bit too harsh there.

If I were the only guy who ever put on more stages on a ruleset, I'd probably not do it, but since other big tournaments still does it, I added two of the stages I thought would be most fair out of the non-neutrals, not to give myself a damn advantage. I dunno if you notice, but at EVERY stage strike I do, I always let my opponent start. Why? Because I like all the neutral stages. RR wouldn't really matter too much for me. If I wanted to give myself an advantage by adding those stages, I most certainly wouldn't add a rule that people could ban a stage.
The examples you gave me are two American tournaments that are run by old school players who like to keep those stages because it gives their events some kind of nostalgic feel. And I'm almost sure it's the same for you. You can correct me if I'm wrong. Also, TSL5 was over 2 years ago.

And yes, you can get some rest, because you hosted a fantastic tournament and everyone including myself are really grateful for what you've done for the community. Thank you for this amazing event.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
just arrived home, gonna do shoutouts later there is just one thing i need to do right now:

thank you tonberry. Europe has never seen such a well organised tournament before. You did an amazing job. This was a gift to the comunity!

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Doing the shoutouts later but I also need to say this right now:

Thank you so much Tonberry! This was probably the best tournament I've ever been to. You were driving people everywhere all the time, had your family help us, got us free housing venue and overally did just an outstanding job organizing the tournament and didn't even accept any money for that when it was offered to you. Words can't descripe how grateful I am to you!

CesarAnthony84

Smash Cadet
AAARGHHHHH!! Please someone answer my question. When (If ever) are the matches going up on youtube? I wanna see them so bad. (Had to work so I missed stream):c:c:c:(:(:(

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Cool thing about wobbles, but I don't think it really changes how most people look at RC and KJ64 as counterpick stages and who they favor/go against
Rainbow Cruise is fine for Ice Climbers. I have counterpicked Fly Amanita there at least a half dozen times and have yet to win.

leffen

Smash Champion
This was probably the most well hosted tournament ever. It was ****ing amazing, and I can't give enough thanks to Tonberry (and his awesome family).

I have to agree with the ruleset. NO ONE wanted to play on it, every single bracket match I played in teams/singles we just agreed to ban RR+KJ64.

So far I've just seen very very weird anecdotal evidence as backing for the ruleset, with a lot of logical flaws. But I don't even want to think about it, since the ruleset didn't really affect me and I had such a ****ing AMAZING time.

I'm gonna write more later, but let me just say THANKS everyone to an awesome ****ing tournament

Beat!

Smash Master
AAARGHHHHH!! Please someone answer my question. When (If ever) are the matches going up on youtube? I wanna see them so bad. (Had to work so I missed stream):c:c:c:(:(:(
They're already being uploaded (not all of them are up yet though). Channel name is SuperSmashBrosUK or something like that (cba to check lol). They're not labeled properly yet though, so you'll have to search a bit for the vids you want to see.

saska

Smash Cadet
Damn. Like really daaaaamn. I wrote reeaally long shoutouts to everyone then i lost it for some reason. I wrote it for like an hour.

Shortened version, i most likely forgot some things:

Yo! saska here, i was the guy with the white mario3 cap.

tonberry: what paju said.
baxon: thanks for the stories, fries and everything. looking forward to meet you again.
dr.pp: you were so awesome i had to root for you instead of armada. (armada is awesome too)
aldwyn, baxon, doraki, uck: thanks for the matches during last night. i was really tired and i played until my fingers started hurting. i just wanted to play as much as possible because it was last chance to play against foreigners.
ddiz: thanks for the friendlies.
thebose: next time i beat you. (we were in the same pool and you made it to the second round, i didn't)
bulldoser: sorry for being so rude during our matches. (i just ran around and taunted over and over)
ajp: kiihdyn kuin kirjahylly.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise is fine for Ice Climbers. I have counterpicked Fly Amanita there at least a half dozen times and have yet to win.
"I keep counterpicking an ice climber player to the same stage, yet try to imply that the stage shouldn't be used as a counterpick against them"???

I'm not actually talking about wether the character can manage there at all or not (though I do also think it is absolutely horrible for the character), but saying that both the added counterpicks favor and hurt the same characters.

Can we drop this now though? I doubt this is gonna change anything, and the tournament is already done anyway. It's not like future european tournaments are going to pick up this ruleset anyway.

Jekku

Smash Rookie
First of all, Thank you Tonberry (and Jeffz0r and all the others who were helping)! The hotel was awesome, the tournament venue was awesome, Norwegian prices were awesome in a twisted way, the housing venue was awesome, people were awesome etc. Very nice, thank you so much. If you ever host another tournament I'll definitely be there. :)

I didn't even get to the second round pools and I was kinda disappointed in myself, but still had a great time and I got to play many friendlies and meet new people so that's okay. Maybe next time I'll do better. :)

Last edited:

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourney, i'll do my shout out soon (not now cuz' i'm still tired as ****)
Thanks a lot Tonberry for everything, you are the man :awesome:

and thx a lot Peepee for being here, i really enjoyed that MM ;)
i'll give you more challenge next time ;)

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
Okay time for shoutouts. I try to remember as many people as possible.

Tonberry: Like I said before, this tournament was such a huge experience and definitely put a lot of work to make it happen. I've never seen you play before but you played very well and smart vs. Paju, I was watching your set. I forgot my white towell at the housing venue but by any means I don't need it back now. If there is a future tournament we are both attending and it isn't much of a burden for you to take with you it would be nice to get it back though.

Dr. PP: I'm sure I'm one your biggest fans out there. I only got a couple of matches with you in 1v1 but it doesn't really matter. It was really nice to talk to you especially at the mountain base when we were waiting for the rest to come. Thanks for supporting me in the tournament. It meant a lot and I felt more powerful playing anyone after talking with you. I want to gongratulate you again getting on Mistberget all the way from North Carolina =D The highlight of the week for me was definitely see you play Armada live. I've seen it a lot on streams and youtube but never sitting right in front of the tv. The sets were so tight it was intense watching them, hopefully you'll get him next time.

France all you French people are very nice.

Baxon: I've never met you before and it's such a shame cause you were very nice. Too bad we never played outside doubles tournament, I was very tired when we got back to the housing venue after the tournament. Good job in that MM set vs PP, sadly I didn't see it all live but I'm going to watch it on the stream site soon. Hopeully I can come to other EU tournaments so we can play a lot! You're the sexiest Falco in Europe.

porc: We only played few matches after PP ***** us both on that tv. Need to play you more next time we meet.

Willy: You won me at the housing venue most of the time but in tournament I slightly did better. Can't wait to play your Falco again. You have good spacing.

Doraki: Your fox is very smart, it was very hard to get a win on you.

Germany Wirklichen Eins (or whatever it was xD)

Ice: I really liked watching you play Zgetto, was so hype set and nice comeback. Das war schön. Me and Paju didn't really stand a chance vs ArmIce in WSF haha. Maybe next time.

PheX: Was very nice to meet you again I didn't expect you would remember me. We didn't have any singles matches but need to play next time.

ZetTroxX: The Falco dittos were sooooo good at the housing venue with me, you, Deathgazer and Ddiz. All matches were like last stock 150% each I was so excited. Dein Falco ist sehr gut und du hast ein guten Techskill.

UCK: I like how you use Marth's Dair a lot. Friendlies with you were very nice I would like to play you again already.

Däumling: Nicht zu vergessen das ich Deutsch seit fünfte Klasse studiere ^^ Lol I didn't understand much what you were talking but it was nice to listen to German.

UK Good to see old and new faces

Deathgazer: It's so entertaining to play you and watch you play. Also thanks to you for supporting me in the tourney and it was very nice to talk with you. Can't wait to play you again. The best way to spend time is play Falco dittos with you. Too bad we didn't play as much as I wanted. You did well in tournament, hope to see you in a tourney again.

Fuzzyness: It was nice to see you again. UK vs Finland was so hype in Teams. It took you like 5 minutes to finish your turn in Bang although you were all the time doing something. Wow.

Yeniths: Your Fox has good techskill you just need to get more experience. It was nice playing friendlies you at the housing venue.

Alpha Dash: Amazing commentary I really liked it. It was nice to meet you too you were such a nice guy.

Sweden Love all you swedes. My singles bracket was mainly Sweden only =D

Armuuudaaa: Gongrats on your double win, World Champion. It was nice to talk you after the tournament, too bad we never met at the housing venue anymore.

Rocky: Du talar engelska so bra. Almost got a game from PP wow. We should have played more after the MM set. Next time!

Nedech: We had a very tight set. I guess this was the first time I ever played you. Your DK should not be underestimated. Very good job winning Over in our pool, I was watching the set.

Calle W: Your playstyle is fancy as ****, should have played you in friendlies at least. Too bad Zgetto got you (again), you need to be more careful. That wall jump dair was mad sexy.

Leffen: You're getting better all the time. Luckily you got a decent controller for the tournament. I had no chance vs you in WB. Falco ditto friendlies were cool when there was a break.

The Netherlands Amazing people. Nice double 5th Adam & Zgetto

Jeffz0r: Tuesday in Oslo wouldn't have been that nice with only us Finns, luckily we got you with us. I saw you put a lot of work to make the tournament good so thanks for that too.

Zgetto: Incredible comeback vs Over, Didn't like you switch to Marth vs Ice. Well I guess you've heard about it enough. Was nice to talk with you on Day 1 (about Neutroni and stuff, you remember). Next time we need to play.

Adam: You were a cool guy too bad we didn't have any games. I liked your Falco.

Top Bottom