• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers in Bangkok?

IRBK

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be in Bangkok for about 3 months and need someone to practice with. I'm emulating right now and considering buying a setup (though they charge around 250 US here for a gamecube/smash combo) so I'd need to know there are people who'd be willing to play. Alternatively ANYONE with a setup in Bangkok right now who's looking for someone to practice with HMU.

VegaInstruments

Smash Rookie
Literally in luck. I joined about a month ago and theres barely any smashers here! Speaking of which, you know where they sell adapters for gamecube controllers to usb?

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
oh hey! i'm planning on going to thailand in oct for 5 months to a year and would love to keep my skills fresh. planning on bringing a modded wii and a controller (figure i can find a crt over there).

i'll probably message you guys when i arrive

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
IBRK if you want to pay me ~$50 usd i would be happy to bring you a modded wii with melee on it when i head over

IRBK

Smash Rookie
@ DwightDL DwightDL That'd be unreal, if I was sticking around for long. I'm actually leaving here in August and heading back to Canada. I've just been emulating with dolphin and an Xbox 360 controller against CPU's here, so my game in general has gotten pretty awful. My wavedash is near perfect though, so I guess I have that going for me.

IRBK

Smash Rookie
haha, if I can figure out how to make it work on dolphin I'd be up for that.

GabeUgliano

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm from Kansas but staying in Bangkok till August 4th, I've been trying to find some people to play on netplay had not luck till I found this. My Anther's Ladder Name is GabeUgliano and I use Dolphin 6554. If you're having any trouble setting up dolphin I can help its not too hard. I'll mostly during the night as Im busy doing other stuff during the day. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
Just got my teaching placement and I'll be stationed in Samut Prakarn (just South of Bangkok). I'll be arriving on the 16th of Oct and will have a place of my own with my gf in Samut Prakarn by November.

Anybody interested in playing then? I have ~4 years of tournament experience under my belt and I would love to have some consistent smash bros :D Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to be FB friends- I rarely check smashboards.

BTW I'll have a Wii w/ 20xx and am planning on finding a CRT when i get over there. shouldnt be too hard

Last edited:

Zlazher

Smash Rookie
Heyo! I'm visiting Pattaya currently and leaving for swedens Beast 6 on friday. Any melee players around who'd like to play some before the weekend?

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
Yo dude!
We have an interesting situation right now. I have a CRT and another dude has a setup. We're playin' Melee at my apartment on Wednesday at around 2:30pm I think. You're more than welcome to come by! Add me on Facebook for more details
facebook.com/dwightdl

living in Bangkok close to the BTS, by the way

Last edited:
Top Bottom