• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Writer Interview (#6) - PikaPal!

Welcome to SmashBoards Writer's Interviews! This is a series that will appear at least twice every month covering a writer (or someone important to making the front page the way it is). These are more casual interviewers, but depending on the interviewer, they can be asked further questions by the users!

This week we have SmashBoards writer Pokemon64ism! Oh wait, he's now making a name change to MrPikaPal! That's cool! He's motivated, inspired, and an all around interesting Smasher. Give him a warm welcome!

Liam wondering when his interview will finally be posted up

Thirdkoopa: Tell us a little bit about yourself!

PikaPal: First of all, thanks for having my for this interview! My tag 64ism and I've been playing Smash Bros. for as long as I can remember. I've lived in Canada all my life. My main interest outside of school and Smash is music. I love everything about it - composing, playing, listening, you name it! Outside of that, there's not much to know about me. I overall a pretty friendly and chill guy. =)

Thirdkoopa: How did you get roped on board to the SmashBoards Writing Staff?

PikaPal: 6 months ago, I decided to give back to the community by creating content. I made a Reddit post about the top free agents in Melee, and to my surprise, it blew up. One of the people who saw it was The Derrit, Editor-In-Chief for the Writing Staff. He recognized that I was constantly up to date on Smash news from my Reddit account, and knew I could write from my article, and the rest was history!

Thirdkoopa: What inspires your work on SmashBoards?

PikaPal: I'd say helping out the community. I love to support Smash's awesome content creators by writing about their content, and I love to help spread the news. By writing tournament previews, I like to think it just makes each tournament that more exciting for anybody who reads my previews.

Thirdkoopa: Where do you see the community heading in the future?

PikaPal: I only see great things coming for the Smash community in the future. Since Melee at EVO 2013, things have only gone uphill. There are more big tournaments and sponsors than ever, and Smash 4's release brought in tons of new players. In terms of the eSports side of things, I don't think we will ever become as big as League, CS:GO, etc. We are definitely getting there with all these new incredible sponsors, but we need major support from Nintendo.

Thirdkoopa: How did you get into Smash Bros?

PikaPal: When I was much younger, most of the video games in the house were single player, so I couldn't play with brothers. But there was one game we could enjoy together: Super Smash Bros. Melee! Melee was one of my first games and easily one of my favorites. Even though I always in last place in free for alls (shoutouts to not using Up-B), Melee never got old. When I heard a sequel to Melee was going to come out, I only got more passionate about Smash Bros. Another Smash later, and I'm still here!

Thirdkoopa: Personal favorite stage?

PikaPal: Hmmm... I'd have to go with Corneria. It was definitely the most played stage my brothers and I would play on when we were younger, and I have many fond memories of it because of that. The music is great too.

Thirdkoopa: How about favorite character?

PikaPal: Even though my profile picture says otherwise, my favorite character in Smash is Pikachu. Pokémon was the first video game franchise I got into, so I naturally gravitated towards Pikachu, Pichu, and Mewtwo when I first played Melee. I stuck with Pikachu in Brawl, with Pichu and Mewtwo being absent. It just seems like Pikachu is a ton of fun no matter which Smash I play!

Thirdkoopa: How long have you been writing on SmashBoards for?

PikaPal:
I've been writing on SmashBoards for just over 5 months.

Thirdkoopa: Is there any personal goal you have in the Smash Community?

PikaPal: My primary goal right now is to contribute to the steady growth of the community, mainly by writing articles. One day I'd like to become a top competitor, but that's still a long way coming

Thirdkoopa: Outside of Smash Bros., what other hobbies do you partake in?

PikaPal: I play classical music at a pretty serious level, if you can consider that a hobby.

Thirdkoopa: Favorite Games?

PikaPal: Before getting heavily invested into Smash, I was a huge Pokémon fan. (I still am.) I love all of the main series games, but Emerald holds a special place in my heart because it was my first game that I had all to myself. I'm also a big Zelda fan, all of the main games are fantastic.

Thirdkoopa: Anything else you would like to tell us about yourself?

PikaPal: Hmm, not really I guess. :p

Thirdkoopa: Would you be up for answering questions in the users comment?

Pikapal: yep!

Thirdkoopa: Where can people more interested in knowing you get to reach you at?

PikaPal: You can reach out to me here on Smashboards, but you can also reach on Twitter @MrPikaPal, or on my Reddit account, /u/MrPikaPal. Thanks for the interview!

Once again, give a warm round of applause to PikaPal! Check his twitter at @MrPikaPal. While you're at it, if you enjoyed the interview, contact the interviewer himself here. Stay tuned sometime over the next two weeks for a surprise interview in the middle of this series and an interview with the one and only Xiivi! The next year is looking exciting for interviews.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Pikachu Needs To Get Ash Kechem's To Catch Up With His Pokémon Career.
Pokémon Has Lost Is Spark Because People Loose Interest After Seeing The Same Thing Over.Ash Never Ages, Even Though Its Been 15 Years And Because the Show Is Aimed At Younger Kids.
I Saw The First Generation Games And Shows, I Was A Fan,But Pokémon Stops Shining After The Fourth Generation Shows.

Top Bottom