• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Update

Hey everyone! Thanks for sitting tight during our extended maintenance this morning. We've made a number of upgrades to the site, some of which you can see detailed below. As a side effect of this upgrade, the entire forum skin had to be rebuilt from scratch. If you see or notice anything that looks strange or broken, please let Warchamp7 Warchamp7 know in the comments below or in a forum PM!

Most notable Changes:

- Various mobile browsing improvements
- The Navigation Bar will now stick to the page as you scroll. An option to disable this functionality may be added
- You can now multi-quote posts
- You can now highlight text in a post and quote it in a reply or add it to your multi-quote
- Tag users in profile posts or profile post comments
- You can now specific a specific number of options a user can select in a poll
- You can now allow voters to change their vote
- You can limit results of a poll to only be viewable by those that have voted
- You can not add a poll to an existing thread
- Posts now have an indicator in the top left if the user is online
- User titles based on posts is now built in instead of an add on
- Smiley categories are now built in instead of an add on
- Spoilers are now built in instead of an add on (Note: Usage of [collapse] is no longer supported. We're looking into a solution for this)

This update also brings with it a number of improvements to the tools available to our moderators and admins, so keep up the good behaviour, or else!

Warchamp7

Comments

I really like the new look, but one thing bothers me. I usually keep 2 tabs open on my desktop side by side, and now I have to click on my username to get notifications instead of just seeing the flag (unless I do full-screen, of course). If that could be brought back, the update would be perfect IMO.

I really like the new look, but one thing bothers me. I usually keep 2 tabs open on my desktop side by side, and now I have to click on my username to get notifications instead of just seeing the flag (unless I do full-screen, of course). If that could be brought back, the update would be perfect IMO.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, nothing should have changed with alerts

Really nice update! I like the indicator on posts whenever the user is online. Does that apply for people who are invisible?

What I mean is: if I put the tab to fit only half the screen (so I can watch a video on the other side for example), then the messages and notifications boxes don't show up. The only way I can find them is to click on my username. I'd just like those boxes back for when I put it into half-screen mode.

On windows 8, when you have your browser like this:
smashboards thing 1.PNG
He has to click on his username, where as previously he would just have to click on the flag to see notifications, but there isn't, which is where the problem lies.

Last edited:
What I mean is: if I put the tab to fit only half the screen (so I can watch a video on the other side for example), then the messages and notifications boxes don't show up. The only way I can find them is to click on my username. I'd just like those boxes back for when I put it into half-screen mode.
Ah, it'll be getting changed to the side menu if the page is less than 800px wide. Not a lot to be done about that I'm afraid

Too bad my site color is gone for now.
Does anyone saved this website's old screenshot?

And I also wonder will Squidboards also get an major update?
- Posts now have an indicator in the top left if the user is online
Squidboards already have this feature lol.

Last edited:
The place looks kinda...off. Same for the font. Guess I just gotta get used to it again.

Hope the themes come back soon enough. I'm already missing my Sugilite. :<

Am I the only one here that thinks this update made the mobile ver. of the site a bit "cramped" for my tastes? Everything feels more closed and smooshed.

I just noticed that notifications are changed on mobile too, presumably for the same reason. It definitely makes it more of a hassle than before to check your read threads.

Yes, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ? The mobile version of the layout is EXTREMELY buggy. I get logged out whenever I do anything, I know I will get logged out and have to log back in when I finish writing this post. My internet connection is stable.

How do you even do ha mulit quote?

And what does User titles based on posts is now built in instead of an add on mean
Click the multi quote button, go to the bottom and it will say "Insert quotes".

After that, click that, you can arrange the order you want your quotes in and then clicking "quote these messages" will add all of the quotes you have picked out with multi quote.

Yes, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ? The mobile version of the layout is EXTREMELY buggy. I get logged out whenever I do anything, I know I will get logged out and have to log back in when I finish writing this post. My internet connection is stable.
Nothing related to logins has changed, I'm not sure why this would be happening. Try clearing your cache and cookies if you can

Click the multi quote button, go to the bottom and it will say "Insert quotes".

After that, click that, you can arrange the order you want your quotes in and then clicking "quote these messages" will add all of the quotes you have picked out with multi quote.
Ah thanks for that.

What what does "User titles based on posts is now built in instead of an add on" mean?

Top Bottom