• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Update - Rankings

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Super Smash Brothers can be played in many ways, but competitive smash tournaments take center stage as the heart and soul of the smash community. Without these events, opportunities to meet, interact, and form lifelong friendships with fellow smashers would be slim to none. The tournament scene for Super Smash Bros. has flourished recently; With grassroots events sparking eSports interest, the demands for cataloging these events has also grown. Many competitive smashers are already aware of our current rankings system, but are unaware of the work necessary for its upkeep. Today we are launching a new initiative to help make the process more streamlined and, more importantly, more accurate.​

Our Smash Tournaments section of our forum has been expanded to include a new public Tournament Rankings subforum. This will serve as the hub for getting brackets organized and into the system efficiently. Applications for Rankings Moderators are now open, to help get all smash communities involved. The selection of new staff and their training will be heralded by our two new Administrators @ Locuan Locuan and @ Neo Zero Neo Zero . They will also be open for conversation regarding new ideas and suggestions on how to improve the rankings. In addition, we will also help to make sure Trusted Tournament Organizers are given better access to manage their own events. There will be an enhanced focus on highlighting individual regions to help afford all scenes the opportunity to grow and prosper.

Interested in helping the community on this rankings project? Contact Locuan and Neo Zero on Twitter as well. Don't forget to connect with me as well! -Xiivi

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
Georgia does an excellent job of their player rankings. I'll ask the groups and see if there are any volunteers.

KCB: Cloth

Killer Combro
Good development. Cheers for the ongoing effort of these smashboard champs!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
We hope to do our best to create a better system together with you guys in the community, and we're honored to serve as the admins in charge of this effort. Without this awesome community there'd be none of this, so let's keep working hard together to expand even further.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
thank goodness, I stopped submitting results to the current system a while back

I hope they make it less tedious to deal with bracket claims

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Neo Zero said it best. Let's work together to make the system as good as it can possibly be! Like him, it is a great honor to be serving as an admin for this process. Smashboards community, let's do our best!

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
What ?! My two mains are featured in the new logo. Is this a sign? Am I the next ZeRo? Who will top the rankings!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
thank goodness, I stopped submitting results to the current system a while back

I hope they make it less tedious to deal with bracket claims
Would you care to offer some feedback in the suggestion thread then? I have one thing I've finished setting up that I plan to implement later, but to hear what you want would be most helpful in improving the system.

King9191

Smash Rookie
I'd like to help with this. I haven't been using the boards for more than about two and a half months -- but the word "tourney" always gets me hyped.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Sounds f*"*n sweet, if I could help in any way let me know, I felt the ranking system needed a upgrade, looking forward to it

Top Bottom