• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Update - Rankings, Smash.GG and more!

Hey everyone, Warchamp7 here again with a roundup of the latest and greatest additions and updates to Smashboards!

The most notable thing today is an update to the Rankings system. Importing events from Smash.gg is now possible!

Alongside this addition is the first pass at bridging the gap between our platforms: you can now connect your Smashboards account to your SmashGG account! Visit your SmashGG Account Settings and scroll down to Connected Accounts to get started!

Finally, events that you import into the Rankings system from Challonge or SmashGG will now also grab Match data!

Match results from The Big House 5, imported from SmashGG!

With these match results in the system, you'll be able to see a player's match history and even see the head-to-head score between two players.

Head-to-head set count between two players from the 8 on the Break Smash Wii U Sub League

This is an exciting update for the Rankings system, but please bear in mind this is a new addition, and as such not all match information for previous results is not in in the system yet. It will take our staff some time to go through this backlog (Over 9000 events. No, really.), so please be patient as we work through it.

Any events imported from Challonge or SmashGG will automatically grab match information going forward, however, so it means no extra work on the part of the submitter, and more data and statistics for everyone!

I'd like to once again thank Jaxel Jaxel for all of his amazing work on our Rankings system. Be sure to give him a follow on Twitter and YouTube Gaming

--------------------------------------------------

That wraps up the updates to the Rankings system, but that's not everything today!

New to the conversation dropdown is a new icon that allows you to quickly view the latest replies to any of your recent conversations without leaving the page that you're on.

Clicking the lightning bolt icon brings up the last page of the conversation in an overlay, allowing you to catch up and return to whatever you're doing or then open the conversation in a new tab to reply.

This lightning bolt will be put to use in other locations to speed up and improve the efficiency of your Smashboards browsing. You'll notice that Quick Navigation has received a clean coat of paint and had its icon updated to a lightning bolt.

Please note, lightning bolts may appear larger than the packaging depicts

Instead of a wall of text, the Quick Navigation is now clearly blocked out and displays icons for character forums, placed 2 to a row to improve space usage.

I hope these two small additions improve your site experience!

--------------------------------------------------

But wait! There's more!

Today, we're also launching an additional section on Smashboards for Tier Lists!

Here, you can quickly view the latest Official Smashboards Tier List for each game, with the ability to also view past revisions (Coming Soon™).

On top of that, however, you can also enable Edit Mode at the top of the page and build your tier list with an easily shareable link to send to your friends (or enemies. The page is a tool, use it how you see fit).

That's everything we're covering today as far as released additions and features, but there's lots more currently being worked on too! Let us know what you think of these new changes in the comments, as well as what other things you'd like to see!

Warchamp7

Comments

All Smash needs is a international circuit to go along with these multi-websites fusions of databases.

(ESL and Dreamhack PLSSSSSS!!!)

Will there be a way to download match results en masse? I'm looking to do research on ELO-style (or modified version of) ranking analysis, and this looks like it'll greatly accelerate the data collection phase of that work.

Will there be a way to download match results en masse? I'm looking to do research on ELO-style (or modified version of) ranking analysis, and this looks like it'll greatly accelerate the data collection phase of that work.
If you append /json to most links in the Rankings section you will get a json response of all the data :)

If you append /json to most links in the Rankings section you will get a json response of all the data :)
I have attempted this appendix twice with no workable results...

http://smashboards.com/rankings/the-big-house-5-melee-singles.9257/event?id=2/json

http://smashboards.com/rankings/monday-spring-14-smash-4-singles-6-27-16.14158/event?id=8/json

This is likely due to some misunderstanding on my part. Can I get just a bit more help on this. I really appreciate it!

Perfect time maybe this new improvement will be featured in the Smash 4 arcadian next week. We could see an awful lot of new players with new skills no one has seen before (Hopefully)

You know what, I think I'll try out some of the tier list functions, lol. It'll be so fun~! Hell, it beats going off-site now.

Sorry about the extraordinary slow loading of certain match lists... We never saw how the database queries work, when you have a table of over a million results...

I'm working to optimize the queries as we speak.

Hey guys! Awesome update, been waiting for smash.gg compatibility for a while! just wanted to mention that I'm having a problem where if I know someone else's smashboards account name I can't input their username myself as the uploader of the event like I used to be able to, I can only claim my own result. is this intentional or am I experiencing some sort of glitch?

Great work guys. But I have a problem now with the subleagues, the button "edit" does not appear anywhere, so I cant update my subleague now. Is this a problem due to the new features?

Hey guys! Awesome update, been waiting for smash.gg compatibility for a while! just wanted to mention that I'm having a problem where if I know someone else's smashboards account name I can't input their username myself as the uploader of the event like I used to be able to, I can only claim my own result. is this intentional or am I experiencing some sort of glitch?
This was a bug that has now been fixed, apologies!

Great work guys. But I have a problem now with the subleagues, the button "edit" does not appear anywhere, so I cant update my subleague now. Is this a problem due to the new features?
Also fixed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom