• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

As of November 20th, 2012, Major League Gaming Inc. has sold Smashboards to Xyelot LLC, a company I own that will house everything related to Smashboards. Since joining the community in 2003, I’ve worked with many other passionate fans to build and support all things Smash. With this sale, the attention and needs of Smashboards can finally be met. In the next six months two major efforts will be undertaken.

1. A forum upgrade to the latest and best available
  2. A site redesign with new features to support players, tournament organizers, and fans of Super Smash Bros. games
Before any of these changes take place though, a brief transition phase will occur. During the month of December, Smashboards will be transferred from MLG’s servers to a dedicated server worthy of housing the largest Smash Bros. community in existence. This transition should go smoothly, but expect up to 24 hours of downtime during the day it is performed. * In addition to the transfer, other issues may give rise to downtime, but before 2012 comes to a close the transfer in ownership should be complete.

I look forward to continuing my work with the community and to setting our sights toward new goals and endeavors. To all the Smash fans, thank you for the continued support of Smashboards, the wait for improvements is finally over and a new era begins in 2013.

AlphaZealot
Follow on Twitter

*More information on the exact date of the transfer will be provided at a later time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am excited. MLG was nothing but bad news for Smashboards.

joY

Pot splitter
Will you disclose the exact amount that Smashboards.com was purchased for?
I doubt this.

Anyways, congrats! I'm looking forward for what's in store.

edit: I am hype for the possibility of a dedicated subforum for Project: M!

-Ran

Smash Master
I hope you can continue to maintain your passion for Smash. Thank you though; this is appreciated. This is great news. If I remember, MLG was preventing numerous improvements to the site and hierarchy of various organizations due to oversight they wanted to have.

Good **** Az.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fantastic news.

I'm hopeful that the site will begin to improve immediately.

And our premium money can be USED for something now! (I hope)

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hopefully this means less 503s and such.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
YES! This site is finally owned by a pro-ban HERO.

You can finally get rid of so many trash mods/admins! Truly the best day SWF has seen.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
YES! This site is finally owned by a pro-ban HERO.

You can finally get rid of so many trash mods/admins! Truly the best day SWF has seen.
of course you would somehow equate this to a Metaknight ban thread :smirk:

On a more relevant note great news, this is a triumph

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Xyro it is not about the mk ban jeez dude thanks for making it about something that has been dead for months >_<

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think he's just saying he's happy someone like-minded is running the forums.

Anyway, grats AZ! Looking forward to a lot of changes.

M@v

Subarashii!
Nice :).

I'm an IT guy, well almost. Senior in college. Wouldn't mind helping in any way I can, albeit I don't know how much I could xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom