• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Stands in Support of Survivors

Smashboards_Statement.jpg

Since the end of June and beginning of July, countless members of the Smash community and the greater fighting game community have come forward with allegations of abuse from prominent community figures. The Smashboards staff condemns the actions detailed in these allegations.

We at Smashboards would like to say that we stand with all survivors of abuse within both the Smash community and the FGC at large, whether they have come forward or not. Their coming forward has helped set the community on the path to becoming a safer place, and we thank them for that. One can only hope that some sense of justice will be reached. We believe that the scene can and must do better.

We also want to stress that the posting of death threats, doxxing and threats of physical violence are all prohibited, as are attacks based on race, gender, sex, orientation and other vectors of marginalization, as per our Diversity and Inclusivity Policy. Additionally, just as we stand with survivors of abuse, we will not allow the use of our site as a vehicle for false allegations.

We’ve been hard at work on compiling a comprehensive look at some of the more high-profile allegations, and we hope to publish it in the coming days, though given the sensitivity of this subject matter, we want to make sure we address this properly.

Over the course of the next few months, we'll do our best to help make the community safer and more comfortable for everyone.

Last edited:
Scribe

Comments

First Kobe Bryant's death, then the pandemic, then the lockdown, then George Floyd's death, then the riots, and now apparently a lot of competetive Smash players are evil. What's the world coming to?

Last edited:
Man, people are messed up. I just hope the survivors are able to move on now that the weight of everything that happened to them has been lifted

I'm happy that Smash bros is standing with Survivors. As a victim myself I feel more comfortable knowing there is a strong community here.

D
Darn shame my best to the survivors may they find peace and justice in this just horrible time.

First Kobe Bryant's death, then the pandemic, then the lockdown, then George Floyd's death, then the riots, and now apparently a lot of competetive Smash players are evil. What's the world coming to?
Don't forget the fires of Australia, where I live.

D
deleteeeeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you forgot Australia being on fire and we just barely avoided WWIII shows how bad this year has been.

The fact that you forgot Australia being on fire and we just barely avoided WWIII shows how bad this year has been.
Goddamn it...why is it that when I try my hardest to stay positive, some other bad thing happens and is all

Predators seek power, and these ones were some of the most prominent members of the community, so they possibly thought that their victims would never speak up in fear of backlash (as was the case with some fanboys.) Meaning they could do whatever they wanted.
2020 is not starting the decade off in a great light

Top Bottom