• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Sponsors Geeky Goon Squad

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Bellevue, WA - Smashboards, the worlds largest site dedicated to Super Smash Brothers and home of the competitive Smash community with over 200,000 members, will sponsor Geeky Goon Squad - the leading European streaming organization for Super Smash Brothers. Smashboards and Geeky Goon Squad will cross promote to further build the competitive Super Smash Brothers brand and community.

"With Geeky Goon Squad, I want to improve the overall quality and frequency of live streams in Europe, and also be an inspiration for other streamers. I always search for new ways to make the viewer experience as impressive as possible! Because without the viewers, a stream wouldn't be necessary! With SmashBoards on our side, I am sure, we can bring the european scene closer to the american audience and also convince new players in EU to strive to the top!" Said Philipp "Liva" Bürkner, owner of Geeky GoonSquad​

This sponsorship is a continuation of Smashboards support for the European Smash community. Earlier in 2015, Smashboards sponsored BEAST V and placed information on the European Smash Circuit in the footer. Geeky Goon Squad will stream "Heir II The Throne", "HELIX" and "B.E.A.S.T VI" later this year - make sure to check out their content on twitch.tv/GeekyGoonSquad - youtube.com/GeekyGoonSquad.

About Smashboards.com
Smashboards is the largest community of players and fans of the Super Smash Brothers series. Established in 2000, the site boasts over 200,000 members and over 17,000,000 posts, reaching over a half million unique Smashers every single month. The hub of the Super Smash Brothers community, members contribute nearly 10,000 posts daily, discussing everything from Smash strategies and news to Smash tournaments. Visit www.smashboards.com to join the Smash community today. Smashboards is a property of Xyelot LLC.

About GGs
Geeky Goon Squad is the leading streaming organization for Super Smash Bros. events in Europe, founded in February 2015. Owner Liva provided stream support for "B.E.A.S.T V" on VGBootCamp, before founding GGs. GGs is now the leading stream production company of the European Smash Circuit with support already provided to Beauty 10 and DrømmeLan 4.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Can't say I'm a fan of anything with that name on it, just from personal experiences with many who go under that tag in games...

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Geeky Goon Squad should probably rebrand itself into something that doesn't sound like it consists of a small group of people who have grown to accept that nobody loves them due to their life choices. But that's just my 2 cents. Also, not European, but I'm excited to see what comes out of this.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Geeky Goon Squad should probably rebrand itself into something that doesn't sound like it consists of a small group of people who have grown to accept that nobody loves them due to their life choices. But that's just my 2 cents. Also, not European, but I'm excited to see what comes out of this.
What's the story/context behind that ?

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
What's the story/context behind that ?
>Well, "goon" doesn't have a positive connotation by any standard or interpretation.
>Squad has a more serious or dedicated meaning behind it, as compared to group or bros. It's way less casual and homie.
>I probably don't have to comment on how they start with "GEEKY" right off the bat.
v
>Icon is a freaky starbucks.

It's just a brand image thing. First impressions are incredibly important.

Last edited:

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
They seem to be taking a combination between Geek Squad, Starbucks, and a message board filled with trolls.

Either way, a rebranding should probably help them out a bit.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Yes...This organization seriously needs a new, more public-friendly name.
The current one makes them look as if they're there to induce consternation.

Top Bottom