• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Site Update #2 + Give Your Suggestions

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Can you allow smashboards users to choose when their signature is displayed? Instead of it being displayed at random times.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That'd be correct. Also some places have signatures disabled no matter what, like Forum Games/Decisive Games.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
lessen the time it takes to perform another search on site? i can remember quite a few times where i tried to search something and a 1 letter typo trolls for 1minute(i can imagine this has happened to many more people as well)...lessen penalty to 20-30sec?
We've had to put that restriction on due to it causing timeouts. Once we're on the new servers/forum software, it might be worth looking at to see if it destabilises or not.

Oracle

Smash Master
I like the changes so far. I would suggest a PM video section, since there is one for the other games

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I know it is minor, but I would like to request that we get all of the Smash character icons back. Not having certain characters for certain games is just annoying.

Superspright

Smash Lord
This April Fool's joke isn't hard enough. I hope this stays, because it's so much better on my damn eyes.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6066

Gfycat embedding would be really cool, especially because big combos and plays in Smash are always less than 15 seconds. That, and so many people's sigs use .gif, so I'm sure that's killer for the site.
Also I was thinking that instead of a combo video I'd post a compilation of gfycat's on a page with music in the background for people to look through as they please, that way it'd be a lot easier to do things like a show your friends a certain combo or not have to spend 8 minutes sitting down and groaning through every other combo. With some programming tricks I think an interactive combo video to go with at your own pace would be pretty sick, since you can do so much more with gfycats than with gifs, but I don't think anything like that could happen any time soon, and it's not quite meant for a forum like this.

I don't know, would be cool, not sure how much work it'd be but gfycat is already helping share little combos a lot in Smash, why not expand that to here?

PWNDR

Smash Rookie
I am in full support of this idea. Seriously, this will make my browsing SWF much easier on my phone (not that it was difficult to begin with). I will even donate whatever I can every month to help this kind of cause.

As for any changes I would personally suggest, I would like to be able to quote multiple posts via mobile SWF. I figured if people can do so on a PC, it should stand to reason we should be able to do so on the mobile version.

While more of a nitpick than anything else, I figured - assuming you still keep the censor system in - the higher ups look into reworking which words are actually censored, since names like **** Tracy can look weird because of it. Just my two cents.

:phone:
Free play of 3ds version mall of Georgia in Atlanta this Fri-sun all mall hours. Dig it and bring the heat :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I'd like the option to hide specific member's signatures. Some are just too big and obnoxious. It's cool that Premium members can expand the size of their signature and all, but it's annoying to see a big block of an image/gif every time I scroll down the page.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I request that the character request/want board discussion not be closed until after we know if DLC is an option. Yes we will know the whole roster within a week or two but there's always the possibility.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6066

Gfycat embedding would be really cool, especially because big combos and plays in Smash are always less than 15 seconds. That, and so many people's sigs use .gif, so I'm sure that's killer for the site.
Also I was thinking that instead of a combo video I'd post a compilation of gfycat's on a page with music in the background for people to look through as they please, that way it'd be a lot easier to do things like a show your friends a certain combo or not have to spend 8 minutes sitting down and groaning through every other combo. With some programming tricks I think an interactive combo video to go with at your own pace would be pretty sick, since you can do so much more with gfycats than with gifs, but I don't think anything like that could happen any time soon, and it's not quite meant for a forum like this.

I don't know, would be cool, not sure how much work it'd be but gfycat is already helping share little combos a lot in Smash, why not expand that to here?
I'm pretty sure gfycat is a thing on the boards, it's just not well known. Use the Media tag.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
1.Have the possibility to display our signature no matter how long our post is. I've really worked hard for mine (rhymes are hard, y'know?) and it really sucks NOT to see the results of my labor we I write longer posts.
2.Ability to ignore threads we don't like for a better experience.
3.A new tutorial explaining how to use advanced techniques in Smash games (because constantly trying to find them in the forums cam be annoying and/or less structured) which could be explained easily for beginners to understand.
4.An official Smashboards monthly pool about Smash Bros. in the main page for users to vote.
5.A Suggestions section so it'll be easier to guve our suggestions for future updates.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
1) Make a Smash 4 Style/Theme for Smashboards.
Kinda like what you did with the Project M Style/Theme, but with shades of Red and Blue instead of Purple and Blue.
2) Maybe smilies of
these? You can use this link; http://imgur.com/a/LwICy for da Smash 4 stages. :3

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Another suggestion: The ability to delete and/or merge our posts, so that way, we won't get infraction points if we accidentally double-posts or breaking rules by accident.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The ability to rotate polls for a thread. That way, if you were doing different stuff each month, you could have a new poll for it!!

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I think that someone on the Smashboards staff should write an article about Sakurai:

"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=443

Sakurai wants everyone to win.

Help support the metamorphosis of Smash 4 into a competitive game!
http://www.change.org/p/masahiro-sakurai-and-nintendo-give-smash-its-competitive-edge-back#share

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A GameBoy Theme.

Just a theme with various shades of GameBoy Green, making it look like you were back in the 90s browsing the web on your GameBoy.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
A GameBoy Theme.

Just a theme with various shades of GameBoy Green, making it look like you were back in the 90s browsing the web on your GameBoy.
And an altar for us to get married upon, so I can simulatenously wed you for this amazing idea and change your last name from Bidoof in one swift blow

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And an altar for us to get married upon, so I can simulatenously wed you for this amazing idea and change your last name from Bidoof in one swift blow
Speaking of which, we should also have a Dating Show-type board, where there is a Bachelor/Bachelorette-like thing, with popular users being the contestants.

I'll be the host. I have the voice for one.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Speaking of which, we should also have a Dating Show-type board, where there is a Bachelor/Bachelorette-like thing, with popular users being the contestants.

I'll be the host. I have the voice for one.
I can certainly hear it. A robust baritone with a subtle sinewy rich hint of tenor

the8thark

Smash Lord
I have a forum suggestion.

The "Wii U Solo Modes" area of the forums is lacking forums about some of the WIiU solo modes.
- Event Mode
- The Target Smash thing
- Home Run smash
- All Star Mode
- etc etc

All these needs to be topics added to the "Wii U Solo Modes" area.

the8thark

Smash Lord
These forums need a way to disable everyone's signature so you do not load them. If you don't have super fast internet, loading up every page here with eveyone's fat gif signatures takes ages, much to long. Slowest forums to load I have ever used.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It would be nice to be able to have different banner options next to the logo instead of the one with Robin and them. I really liked the old one with different models from each game

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
GIF PROFILE PICTURES PLEASE
I need to add Pheonix Wright sprites lol.

P.S Mewtwo emote/smiley (SSB4 Mewtwo)

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Could we please have a way to edit polls, or make multipe polls on a single thread? That would be great, because many times I would like to rotate polls out, and then I am forced to create a strawpoll, in which guests can also vote.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Is it possible that you guys could implement a search system that allows us to search usernames? It can be a hassle trying to find some people.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Could there be a chat box on the front page? It would be nice for finding matches, easy discussion, and to make the site tighter in general. A chat box has made many other sites much tighter as a community in general, and I think it would be a great step in the right direction :)

Top Bottom