• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Site Update #1

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

It was exactly one month ago Smashboards was purchased and in that time a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes. As of this week, after much consultation, I settled on a server choice to house Smashboards and the largest community of Smashers on the internet.

Actually - I settled on purchasing two dedicated servers for Smashboards.

The next step is our timeline for transferring the site from Major League Gaming Inc. owned servers to Xyelot LLC owned servers. Tentatively we are shooting for a test-migration on January 3rd, 2013- to avoid downtime during the holiday season. Assuming the test-migration goes smoothly, we will then set a date for the actual migration of the site to it's new environment. I will do my best to schedule this at a time that does not interrupt the community during large events, but unfortunately no interruption in service can't be guaranteed due to the many different parties involved and complexity of the migration.

The overall 6-month timeline for the site as first announced is still holding.

For those who have asked over this last month, Premium Memberships are still available and income generated from his now goes directly to support Smashboards. Premium Memberships can be purchased here. Current Premium Members will continue to receive the same great perks they have come to expect.

I will continue to keep the community posted as information finalizes so that everyone can be prepared. As always, the continued support of the Smash community is what makes Smashboards so great.

Happy Smashing!

AlphaZealot
Follow on Twitter

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
but unfortunately no interruption of service can be guaranteed due to the many different parties involved and complexity of the migration.
I think you meant:
but unfortunately no interruption of service cant be guaranteed due to the many different parties involved and complexity of the migration.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Hopefully not too much change to the aesthetics of SWF. I think that's what makes SWF feel like SWF =p

Spire

III
BRoomer
Need to pitch in my "hell yeah" so hell yeah! Smashboards is back in good hands. MLG was a nightmare.

Totally thrilled to know AZ owns the boards now. That's the best possible thing that could have happened in terms of ownership. AlphaZealot, you've been an extraordinary asset to the community for a nigh decade now. I salute you.

For the future!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
are you hosting the servers yourself are renting from rackspace or something?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If I have one particular suggestion for forum structure changes... could we very possibly get the "Smash Tournaments" section to be more visible for the general populous? It could be as simple as just putting it towards the top of the page (like, underneath the smash world network) or even just adding the Regional Zone forum TO the smash world network sub-forum.

One of the biggest things I noticed when I first came on and when talking to new users was that (a) they didn't know where to talk to their region and (b) that they didn't know where the tournament section was.

Top Bottom