• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards ROB Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
im going to mass madness on sat (huge tourny), ill try to get some vids to show you guys the most manliest rob to date

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Whoever it was that said something about ROB going "down" since (insert date here), is essentially, imo, correct & their reasoning is correct as well.

Another reason: We're all too busy stroking our e-peens about how good we are/supposedly are, as if we have to justify ourselves instead of really putting our heads together to try to advance the metagame. Everyone copying everyone else's spam methods, or situational trixies, or whatever other mess that every half-decent competitive player knows about & can find a way around is stalling the character's development.

I'll be the first to say that there is only so much you can do with any given character, and especially ROB, but its applying that "limited" number of options in new/different ways that helps advance the char within these restraints.

Moral of the story: we all need to put the lube away, resign ourselves to learn a secondary to do better against MK/improve to handle the matchup better (easier said than one, if not impossible, but- its a lofty goal), and focus on re-vamping the character.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Whoever it was that said something about ROB going "down" since (insert date here), is essentially, imo, correct & their reasoning is correct as well.
*raises hand* me :'(

I believe ROB is becoming a more reactionary character than anything else. He doesn't have a "God" move that solves everything, he only has a bunch of moves that master a situation, but that situation alone. So in order to use these moves, we have to bait or wait for the situation to arise.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, what was wrong with your controller this last tournament?
Nothin'. Just played sub-par after doubles. Couldn't tell you what it was. It was hot, had 100 people around screaming at me when I played, had no breaks, was thirsty, was tired, john, john, john, whatever. Couldn't tell ya, just played sub-par.

buenob

Smash Lord
1/8 teams, 1/16 singles... it's just the ottawa bi-weeklies, but 3x new metaknight players (decent players who swtiched to him)... I did go zss a bunch though (not just rob) 'cause there are some good d3 players and I like the zss matchup better

Deadweight

Smash Ace
16/110 (Jan Gigs) (MADE IT OUT OF POOLS MOTHA ****ER just to lose to seibrik >_<)
21/104 (Mar Gigs) (1 win away T__T from getting out of pools T_____T)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't like the idea of running something like this where my objectivity and personal opinion might mix... I could think up an algorithm though to keep track of tournament placings? (I know the pika boards do something like this)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm down to start it up if you guys think I'm qualified enough. I've been around a long time now so i have a good idea of how to do something of this. Post your opinions of my picking up this project.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
id be willing to maybe

i havnt been posting around here THAT much often, but iv been trying to more

is it just organizing this thread or other ones? I could think of some cool way to whip up a ROB tourney result/ranking thread

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't mind with one of you two (OS or OWM) running it. But I guess JCz gets to choose lol
It really shouldn't be up to me.
A. I don't play Brawl anymore.
B. I don't care about this thread.

The only thread in here I do care about is the video thread, and I would like someone qualified and dedicated to take it over.

But this one, anyone who wants can go for it, though it'd probably be best decided by a panel of top/active ROBs.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm active in organizing the How to Deal with Specific moves thread as of now, and I'm working on setting up another Rob Back Room. We really need to put our heads together and get that going sometime soon. But like I said, if people want me to do it I can be more active in the boards now that school is out and take care of it.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
No one here fits all the requirments as far as I see it...

1.Active
2.Knows their ****
3.Will manage this professionally since most of us care about this thread

I believe OWM fits at least 2/3. I feel he can and will be active if he has to, so I say let him do it.

Chibo also works imo, he sorta in the same boat as OWM in my mind. I don't see either of you on as much as I'd like to consider one to be "active", but I've seen OWM on more recently so iono.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I don't know my **** then huh? Man, eff you son!

j/k obviously

But yeah, my activity is based mostly on my mood, which can be iffy as i'm bi-polar, but things are getting better. I'm def the most active now as I've been in a loong time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im on smashboards like 8 million times a day, its just that i normally forget to come to the rob area lol. its been sort of inactive lately, though the ROB live chat show thing is what has gotten me interested lately

Sudai

Stuff here
When we figure out who's taking over, just tell me and don't make a new post. I'll make it so you have the first post so you can control the thread. This way we won't lose the archive of results and no one will have to change the link in the compendium...unless you just really want to make a new thread.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
It depends really. Do we feel as though the thread as is is still current enough to keep? Or have things been so stagnant for so long that it warrants a new thread. That's the decision we need to make. Because as I see it now, things are kinda behind the times.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
It depends really. Do we feel as though the thread as is is still current enough to keep? Or have things been so stagnant for so long that it warrants a new thread. That's the decision we need to make. Because as I see it now, things are kinda behind the times.
This.

Make a new thread :) (when the time comes that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom