• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards ROB Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks for the help guys, but I think this is something I can only learn with my own experience. If I ask questions, I'll make them more specific, to make sure the answers are geared towards my way of thinking.

Not to be cynical or anything, but to this day I don't think anyone I've seen is playing ROB the way he is supposed to be played.
T_T Hugs hate me

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
CPU1 has a pretty beastly ROB. He's the other SoCal ROB player besides ShadowROB and Hugs who impresses me.

HugS™

Smash Lord
What do you mean by that? How is he supposed to be played?
I can't say exactly how, because I haven't perfected him myself. It's one of those things where, I don't know what's right, but I know what's wrong...

imo if ur not playing rob "the right way" then ur not gonna be predictable
play like urself not like ur character
You're not getting me. There's a right way and a wrong way to play a character like ROB IMO. He's not a good enough character where one can go and do whatever the hell he wants. I don't think there is much room for a plethora of styles with equal amounts of success.

And just for clarification, a "Style" encompasses more than just an established move set. It involves so much more.

If you're not playing rob "The right way" then you are losing, because you are not playing him right. Simple.

T_T Hugs hate me
LoooL I don't hate you. I like your ROB, it's just too crazy for my taste.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
****in 13th at HERB

i lost to some guy named hat's DDD and after two good non-ddd matches with chillin, he just had to go DDD ;_;

god dammit why doesn't NC have any DDDs D:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh you were gonna come? you should've it was amazing. ****loads of good players and almost no scrubs so everyone had a difficult bracket! besides m2k **** him :laugh:

did you hear p~s got 3rd place? **** he's really good, he and boss slept in my hotel room and we played doubles a lot that night. they're ****in crazy

nl give me ddd advice cuz i cant get any practice on the guy

stingers

Smash Obsessed
man i'm just not good enough to understand this ****

chillin was grabbing my fairs. I spaced that **** perfectly too i swear.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ftilt has the most range. Bair is much safer. Full jump fairs work. Hit him on the way up. U can also space fsmash just fine too.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
D.amn dude step it up, I don't lose to Hat's DDD :p And I still have a winning record against P~S, though he's gotten a lot better recently.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah i was talking to hat about who he plays up in MD/VA and he says the ROB that always beats him is you

i asked how and he said "he camps his ass off" :laugh:

idk how to camp. shit.

guess i'll learn D:

noodles

Smash Champion
so, should i like add more recent tournament results so you guy can mark me down as the best rob in the ****ing UNIVERSE?

noodles

Smash Champion
if link to tournament results where i went rob can i get in this?

edit:lol, ive posted here. geez i looked for the rankings list jceaser mention too =.=

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Put your back to the ledge. Stand near the ledge. Spam **** allllll day. If you get a grab, follow it up as much as possible.

U-tilt when D3 is above you is your friend, sets up for u-air almost 100% of the time.

noodles

Smash Champion
wot about when your off the stage? bairs/fairs are scary. i usually wait for them to be down with the move. but if theres a better option itd be good to know

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
if link to tournament results where i went rob can i get in this?

edit:lol, ive posted here. geez i looked for the rankings list jceaser mention too =.=
Sure, just post some results (the bigger the tourney the more it counts), and maybe a list of pros you've beaten in tournament.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wot about when your off the stage? bairs/fairs are scary. i usually wait for them to be down with the move. but if theres a better option itd be good to know
Go really low. If he hits you with a bair or fair, no big deal. Smash DI up and towards him. He then has to jump back to the ledge or use his up+b, either way you can recover easily.

If possible, grab the ledge.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The prize is a mint-condition Captain Obvious action figure, in the original packaging of course.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Lol .

Go really low. If he hits you with a bair or fair, no big deal. Smash DI up and towards him. He then has to jump back to the ledge or use his up+b, either way you can recover easily.

If possible, grab the ledge.
Overswarm, have you fought lain? Or do you use MK against him?

lain

Smash Master
Lol .

Overswarm, have you fought lain? Or do you use MK against him?
OS and I haven't played in tournament in a long time. I beat him in tournament the last time we played (he used MK), but he beat me in the last mm.

OS is definitely one of the better players in the MW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom