• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards ROB Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Its cool. Ur still top ROB in west coast ^_^. I guess i'll wait for genesis then.

I use ROB alot in tourney actually. Was at a point thinking of maining him being i dont have any matchups that were bothering me. I beat MKs with no problem for the most part with rob. I kno at Brawl at the Mall i used ROB in like every set except 2 and got second. Strangely my ROB gets better every time i play. WTF?! I definitely DRAGGED someone across the stage with Ftilt to GT'ed Gyro to Fair(while catching gyro) to GT to Fair(recatchs gyro again) to bair. ITS SO **** LMAO......**** i shoulda recorded it
As long as Im considered best or was considered in my region Im happy =]
I have one to many match ups that bug me. I am TERRIBLE at the Snake match-up, idk why, I just suck at it very very very hard.
Along with the MK (DSF), Falco(Larry), G&W(Lee) and D3(teba) and having alittle trouble with Wario (Fiction).
You got better everytime you played? Wow I got better everytime I STOPPED playing and picked it up again lol, maybe this huge break is what I need for Genesis =]
Haha oh what NINJALINK COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha ****en ****
Its like that time I bent the girl over, charged up the gyro, did a few f-smashes, then she started figuring me out and started d-smashing me all over the place, the set when on for about 1 hr and finally i got a smash ball, did the infinite on her and then finished it off by shooting the gyro and ending it with a fully charged laser..... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
I call it... THE Shadow C-c-c-combooooo comboooo combooo comboo combo... just alil humor hahaha

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well hello there, for those who don't know, im amazing. And also, im finally able to play again. See u all at tha top!! :)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
ND...just go to AiB ladder, you'll be able to tell who is good. I know G-Reg, Atomsk (idk if he still does), Ally (of course), Holy, Dark Pch, NEO, Rogue Pit...ect. Just gotta know where to look.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm working on a combo video guys. I'll hope to get it up after I get some more clips.

Contributors so far: Camalange, i1337, ADHD, Ukiki, Kain, Fishy (Darth Waffles), and ROFL?.

Hopefully I can get Lawz. in there sometime, his Link is too pro.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Razer still does online, just ffas and doubles (he may be teaming with me for my doubles tourney 2morow)

Like I said, just keep looking :) or do GB and get ****ed over by the lieing ***s :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Seriously guys, stop talking about wifi in here. This is a wifi-free zone.

OWM good to have you back!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
As long as Im considered best or was considered in my region Im happy =]
I have one to many match ups that bug me. I am TERRIBLE at the Snake match-up, idk why, I just suck at it very very very hard.
Along with the MK (DSF), Falco(Larry), G&W(Lee) and D3(teba) and having alittle trouble with Wario (Fiction).
You got better everytime you played? Wow I got better everytime I STOPPED playing and picked it up again lol, maybe this huge break is what I need for Genesis =]
Haha oh what NINJALINK COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha ****en ****
Its like that time I bent the girl over, charged up the gyro, did a few f-smashes, then she started figuring me out and started d-smashing me all over the place, the set when on for about 1 hr and finally i got a smash ball, did the infinite on her and then finished it off by shooting the gyro and ending it with a fully charged laser..... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
I call it... THE Shadow C-c-c-combooooo comboooo combooo comboo combo... just alil humor hahaha
So confused lmao

I assume the snake camps u right. UGH P.O.S. snake...

Home fry.

inb4gettingofftopicagain.

is NL's link rly that good? Some people say it's great and others say it's bad.
I think my link is good. Just look it up on my account.

ANYWAY fug wifi.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Make them recover high, then glide toss a gyro straight up and tap them at any % and it kills them. Great for stages like halberd.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
So confused lmao

I assume the snake camps u right. UGH P.O.S. snake...

I think my link is good. Just look it up on my account.

ANYWAY fug wifi.
They camp but I mean idk why but I just freeze when I fought Snakes, just before I stopped playing I realized I was just doing to much at first like being too flashy and whatever so I calmed down and did much better but I still freeze at times, idk why.

Confused about what? The whole girl thing? lol
It was a joke brodie hahaahah

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The only Snake I've ever had trouble with is Ally....

everyone else? Just be patient, shoot lasers, and KO with glide toss to u-smash or get a gimp.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
5/2*

Hopefully going to do even better next tourney... play smarter, patienter, harder, better, faster, stronger...

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hmm
I'm having trouble with the snake/GW match ups right now. All other match ups are getting handled.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hmm
I'm having trouble with the snake/GW match ups right now. All other match ups are getting handled.
Key vs snake. Dont get grabbed. U'll get tech chased to hell. If he wants to spam grenades dont bother approaching. Yes its annoying but that has to be done.

Vs GW. Walk away Fsmash stops all of gws approachs. Use tilts alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1XLVLypJU vs both Snake and GW. Not too recent but its good enough. Hope it helps HugS.

buenob

Smash Lord
no the reason is fsmash is disjoint, while ftilt extends your hurtbox with the hitbox... GAW's turtle gets beat by robs up-angled fsmash... really, his only good move that doesn't just get beat by it is gaw's fsmash, and even then they're so close to the exact same range that it'd be impossible for him beat you with it (ie. I'd say it's a tie)... also fsmash is a ko move :)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
^^ Exactly. and its harder to turn around ftilt anyway. U can hold left and cstick right with no problem.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It's significantly easier to punish the turtle with FTilt than it is FSmash. Mayeb it's just me but I've had little success trying to pixel-perfect out-range the Turtle with FSmash. :rolleyes: Using FTilt, I just walk out of its range and pop him in the head during landing lag.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
unless the GaW is smart that is and sees you trying to walk away fsmash, then they will do it going towards you but then DI back everytime. It wont hit you but itl keep you at bay giving GaW control of the match. If he gets spammy with it I just run away and laser gyro or run at him, powershield the bair then grab him when he lands. iv never found the fsmash or ftilt reliable unless they mess up, which is something you cant really rely on :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
At low %s, you can take the bair, SDI up, and get a 2-3 hit fair combo on him. I'd gladly trade that.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just a random tip. Does anyone use the non charged laser, like the one that doesnt shoot a beam? Point blank it does damage still lol. I've done it to ppl and it throws them off. Its kinda like a fake fsmash.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I've done it a few times. Usually on accident. It's one of those things that seems only to work when you're not trying to do it...

Sudai

Stuff here
I do it in the air. It's a better trajectory that FAir, IMO and it has more of a surprise factor since people don't expect it. It also hits through the stage if you ledge drop then immediately press B and angle it all the way up. Only two real uses I've found for it and the second thing you have to have really fast fingers for. Mainly just a way to plank and cover the whole "grab the edge before they regrab it" thing and it's ******** to time because only like 5 pixels go above the stage, but yyeeaahhhhh. lol Rather just FSmash on the ground.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Back to G&W: Chibo, FTilt simply outranges the Turtle by a good margin. Room permitting, you just walk away from him (out of turtle range) and smack him when he lands. The ground hitbox comes out immediately so you've got a good ~10 frames of ending lag to punish. I don't get the issue with doing turnaround FTilts ??? :( It's harder to do UTilt from a standing position, instead of an accidental USmash, than it is to FTilt in the direction opposite your facing. I guess we all have different things that muck us up...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Should OS still be considered that high?
I beat his R.O.B.
also, the last tourney he used R.O.B. in was a small local tourney and he placed 4th..
do consider.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
If he wants to play me again, gladly do. He did ask to go easy on him. I dont have a problem with the matchup.
Ok. I didnt know he asked you to go easy on him. I thought you just didnt know the matchup as well as you should. And that wasn't a challenge, I was just sayin.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Should OS still be considered that high?
I beat his R.O.B.
also, the last tourney he used R.O.B. in was a small local tourney and he placed 4th..
do consider.
Overswarm's ROB is still a beast. I think he should be placed that high. He's better than a lot of ROBs.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help guys, but I think this is something I can only learn with my own experience. If I ask questions, I'll make them more specific, to make sure the answers are geared towards my way of thinking.

Not to be cynical or anything, but to this day I don't think anyone I've seen is playing ROB the way he is supposed to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom