• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards ROB Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
OS doesn't play ROB much but his ROB is still sexy as hell. I wasn't aware that Hugs doesn't play anymore, so I'll fix that. NinjaLink's ROB is legitimately beastly and he doesn't only use it against Snakes. I have witnessed it many times in person.

Mr. E, the last real MD/VA tourney toasty made it to was the big C3 a few months ago and he got 65th... so, yeah.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Is toasty not within reasonable driving distance of the largest collection of talent in the eastern half of the country? no johns X( I mean, come on, I live in the Midwest, it's different for me...
Mr. E, the last real MD/VA tourney toasty made it to was the big C3 a few months ago and he got 65th... so, yeah.
Chudat Biweeklies don't count?

But anyway...this is about Ranking based on tourney results, not actual skill (don't start an argument about that, I won't even respond...) so I'll just stop talking about this before I sound too defensive of something that doesn't matter :)

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
HugS attends some tourneys, he just doesnt practice as much so he isnt as good. I would put him in the middle tier. but that's just me

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
someguys said:
ZOM~B for top tier!
These guys know what they're talking about...

lol jk. I find this list really useful actually. Gives me a ideas on who to search for for videos. Although I guess that's kind of what the video thread's for... but it's always interesting to get another take on things.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I wasn't aware that Hugs doesn't play anymore, so I'll fix that. NinjaLink's ROB is legitimately beastly and he doesn't only use it against Snakes. I have witnessed it many times in person.
HugS attends some tourneys, he just doesnt practice as much so he isnt as good. I would put him in the middle tier. but that's just me
I placed 17th in the Pro Bracket at the West Coast Smash Circuit this past weekend. I also placed 5th in teams with DEHF (The best falco on the WC)

I'm actually active again. I've been attending tournaments every weekend now that I have my new job. I'm still easily the 2nd best ROB in Socal; a very strong region.

So take from that what you will.

CO18

Smash Hero
How is ShadoROB the undisputed best ROB?

Not saying its impossible that he is but I don't see anything that would somehow make him undisputed best rob.

Holy is probably the best rob.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Hmm, Gigs just got over and my rob represented :D
Prelim brackets i went 4-1 and in top 32 (outta 100 something people) got paired against Sebrik(DDD T__T) and yea....
I had two of my matches Live streamed over Ustream, Im not sure if any of them were actually seen by people or recorded but who knows

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I placed 17th in the Pro Bracket at the West Coast Smash Circuit this past weekend. I also placed 5th in teams with DEHF (The best falco on the WC)

I'm actually active again. I've been attending tournaments every weekend now that I have my new job. I'm still easily the 2nd best ROB in Socal; a very strong region.

So take from that what you will.
Fair enough, you're back on. (also, I'd love to hear about some team strategies with Falco. I'm teaming with one of the best EC Falcos next week at a major regional EC tourney)

How is ShadoROB the undisputed best ROB?

Not saying its impossible that he is but I don't see anything that would somehow make him undisputed best rob.

Holy is probably the best rob.
Shadow consistently places very well in a very strong region, even at major regional tourneys, and beats amazing players all the time. Holy has been to one major regional tourney that I know of, and got 9th (which I did myself at a major tourney with a similar level of competition, and I wouldn't even put myself in the "Very High" tier). I do agree that he's probably the best EC ROB though.

Where does shadow live?
What state?
Cali.

Hmm, Gigs just got over and my rob represented :D
Prelim brackets i went 4-1 and in top 32 (outta 100 something people) got paired against Sebrik(DDD T__T) and yea....
I had two of my matches Live streamed over Ustream, Im not sure if any of them were actually seen by people or recorded but who knows
I'll add you to Mid. What place did you end up getting?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
OS doesn't play ROB much but his ROB is still sexy as hell. I wasn't aware that Hugs doesn't play anymore, so I'll fix that. NinjaLink's ROB is legitimately beastly and he doesn't only use it against Snakes. I have witnessed it many times in person.

Why thank you Jcaesar. I use rob more than other char atm.

and lawl at the tier list of players..............i dont like it :-<

Deadweight

Smash Ace
@Deadweight: Where did everyone else from Tally place?
Me Jssn And DBS were the only 3 to make it out of prelims
Jssn went out same time as me, and DBS made it 2 more rounds after us...
Doubles we had 3 teams top 10 and me and lizard top 15

Ruse

Fox
Cool, cool. Glad you guys did well. I'll make it to a Gigs once I'm done with school (after February).

Keep representing R.O.B., Deadweight. See you in Tally this weekend.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i dont enter many tourney's because i dont wake up in time, but teba tells me in person all the time that im one of the only robs that can beat his d3, but i cant tell u any recent tourneys that ive placed ok in.

i know beating only one d3 isnt really that good, but teba really is that good. like i said ive kept up with the best and i only lose to ranked players

Ruse

Fox
I hear that Ken is really good at Brawl, too, but if he never plays, he'll never be considered a pro.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Hey JCaes... I only have two recent tourneys to go by, but Ive got a big one coming up (like, 75+ people). In December I placed 17th out of 50, (I played three DDDs lol) and last month I placed 13th out of like 30 (Only 2 DDDs this time...lol?). I play in the Long Island,NY region, if that helps. I don't understand why there are so many DDD's on LI.
But, I digress. What do you think?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey JCaes... I only have two recent tourneys to go by, but Ive got a big one coming up (like, 75+ people). In December I placed 17th out of 50, (I played three DDDs lol) and last month I placed 13th out of like 30 (Only 2 DDDs this time...lol?). I play in the Long Island,NY region, if that helps. I don't understand why there are so many DDD's on LI.
But, I digress. What do you think?
I'll throw you on Mid. Let me know how you do at the big one.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Wow JCT you're tourney results are like the same as mine...cept you placed one spot higher than me XD (25th of 48) (17th of 35) (17th of 29) I suck :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Haha...all 3 NC robs are in high

But why is Dull on here? He never even comes to tourneys. Once he comes he should be put on here, but until then...

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
i'm actually da greatest r.o.b. user n da world. and if anyone is lookin 4 a match my fc is 2105-8323-5356. just rite me back on my visitor profile.

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm interested to see how I'm going to place on this list once the montreal tournament is over... I consider myself at, or just behind Holy, since our matches were extremely close when we played, though I didn't know he was considered so highly... maybe i'll have to settle for just above overswarm :D (a personal goal of mine from way back when he played rob lol)

now watch me not even make it out of pools :(

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'll get on there once I go to more too. I know I'm mid, maybe a level higher. I just need to get to more tourneys.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I am?! Holy poop. I'll be here all week. You better be on there too then if I'm on there.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
i'm actually da greatest r.o.b. user n da world. and if anyone is lookin 4 a match my fc is 2105-8323-5356. just rite me back on my visitor profile.
lolwifiisseriousbizness

i'm interested to see how I'm going to place on this list once the montreal tournament is over... I consider myself at, or just behind Holy, since our matches were extremely close when we played, though I didn't know he was considered so highly... maybe i'll have to settle for just above overswarm :D (a personal goal of mine from way back when he played rob lol)

now watch me not even make it out of pools :(
You know they aren't ordered according to skill within the tier right? Its A-Z order lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Darth Waffles added to Mid.

Dull demoted to Mid until he goes to some tourneys.

Waiting on some tourney results from bluenob.

I'd just like to reiterate that wifi is a terrible place to judge skill, and wifi matches/tourneys will NOT be taken into account under any circumstances when deciding on tier placement. This list is for RL tourney ROB players only.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Lol, Stingers is just on a mission to somehow berate me. He posted three times in the thread about "Why is dull in thar? Why? huh? Huh? huh? Can i haz candy please? Why?". Sounds like someone is on a mission. But, squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose. Its all good, I don't go to tourneys-hence, why I've never once felt the need to try to post in the "index of ROBs" or make a fuss about anything here. So feel free to put me in a special "wtfrusgtfo low", if that's what you feel is necc, as my e-peen doesn't need to be stroked that bad. Once again, mad props to JC for throwin this ish together, which is essentially a good overall indiciation. ^^

Also, in response to CJT... that post made me realize I can not read internet speak without actually having to minimize distractions and focus. LoL.

Edit: threw in more props to JC

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
squeaky wheel gets the grease
Sounds like it might be from a fortune cookie or something =)
Also know that "the nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered down"

Oh, and my most recent one... "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a car payment"

...say what?

Oh well, we all want to be at the top of the list, no matter how much we keep telling each other that this list doesn't matter. It's more of the fact that we want to be at the level where we would be at the top of anybody's "best ROB" list, not just this one. That's how it is for me, at least.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Sounds like it might be from a fortune cookie or something =)
Also know that "the nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered down"

Oh, and my most recent one... "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a car payment"

...say what?

Oh well, we all want to be at the top of the list, no matter how much we keep telling each other that this list doesn't matter. It's more of the fact that we want to be at the level where we would be at the top of anybody's "best ROB" list, not just this one. That's how it is for me, at least.
Haha, ive heard all those before. Squaky wheel was the first one that popped into my head. I used to know a slew of them, but- I can't think of them at the moment.

Edit:Also JC... how far back are you dating the tourney results to? As in, does a more recent 'outweigh' a less recent one, or are you going by overall consistency? I ask... because anyone can have a "bad day" or a "great day" etc. Just curious. There, on topic.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Edit:Also JC... how far back are you dating the tourney results to? As in, does a more recent 'outweigh' a less recent one, or are you going by overall consistency? I ask... because anyone can have a "bad day" or a "great day" etc. Just curious. There, on topic.
Good question :)

I'm looking back about 6 months or so, anything beyond that is too outdated to matter. Overall consistency matters a lot, but there's definitely more weight on recent tourneys as well. This is supposed to be a current list of the best ROBs.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Wow, undisputed? I like where I stand and all but I dont think anyone should have that title just yet. I know alot of people are saying they are much better then me too lol. I havent heard alot of these ROB players but I hope to see alot of you at Genesis =]
I really wanna see NinjaLink, Sudai, JC, Nacker and Holy (I thought he was only Wifi?)
But either way I heard all you guys were really good =]

How many of you are going to Genesis though?!

Sudai

Stuff here
Undisputed as far as we're concerned. I personally think you're the best, JCZ think's your the best, pretty much all of the SmashBoards ROBs think you're the best..and you've seen how dumb the AiB ROBs are. XD

I'm at about 70% chance of going to Genesis. I just got a speeding ticket (80 in a 45) on Sunday and that's gonna chop into my Genesis funds.. : (

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm definitely coming to Genesis.

And the "undisputed" thing was just for lulz, but I do think you're currently the best ROB.

Holy went to a major regional EC tourney and got 9th, and I've heard a lot of good things about him. Wifi means nothing to me so that's not why he is where he is.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
I am aiming to go to Genesis. Ive been puttin some cash back, but, things keep popping up that chip away at it. :|

Also, JC- there's a biggish NC tourney in March if you're free that month. Just thought I'd mention it to ya as its more probable I'll be there than Genesis and I defs wanna see you and possibly jj in action. Dun know what part of MD you guys are in, but- it'd be swell.

Also x2, thanks for clearing that up about 'weighting' (used loosely) tourney results based on recency. (Is that even a word?)

buenob

Smash Lord
If you guys get the chance, you should hit up the Montreal (Ally and Holy's hometown) tourney, details are http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217370

this has already attracted the top Eastern canadian players (here in ottawa we're sending 2 cars, toronto/niagara are confirmed, and everything in-between) as well as the Michigan scene and well, there are other names confirmed which you can check out for yourself... gonna be hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom