• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Replaces Smash Ultimate (Currently replacing an Assist Trophy and Street Fighter content)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I want to replace Ground Theme (Band Performance) with Dire Dire Docks

Resubbing my version of Spencer Mansion from Infinite
Job #72
Spencer Mansion

Spencer Mansion takes place outside the mansion rather than inside. Layout wise it has an upside down Battlefield platform layout with a walled bottom platform. This allows it to be suitable for competitive play with hazards off.

With hazards on, a small blue cloud of C-virus (no relation) will sometimes appear on stage, if you jump or get knocked into it you’ll become a zombie. Zombies have a unique, slumped over idle animation. They also have the red eyes used by Dharkon’s clones. If they are human or highly human-like they also gain cartoonish green skin. Zombies are EXTREMELY powerful, with every move’s power being doubled and their weight being slightly increased, however they also take continual damage and KOing them takes away two points from them, one for them and another for the virus. Zombification wears off either after 30 seconds or upon KO. There can only be one zombie at a time.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I want to replace Ground Theme (Band Performance) with Dire Dire Docks

Resubbing my version of Spencer Mansion from Infinite
I've said before that submissions aren't actually open yet, but I will take note of your and Tankman's submissions. Anyhow, I'm kind of just looking for freedback on the system right now, but since everyone seems to be on board, I guess it's okay.

BUT - like I said, I have only done Smash series music so far, so try to stick to that for now. I'll have more lists ready soon - Mario and Metal Gear will be at the top of my priorities for these lists.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've said before that submissions aren't actually open yet, but I will take note of your and Tankman's submissions. Anyhow, I'm kind of just looking for freedback on the system right now, but since everyone seems to be on board, I guess it's okay.

BUT - like I said, I have only done Smash series music so far, so try to stick to that for now. I'll have more lists ready soon - Mario and Metal Gear will be at the top of my priorities for these lists.
Ah, sorry.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
All good man! Since we're replacing 75% of every series' music, I just want to keep everything noted of so lists help.
I might try to think of a way we can do this without lists being neccessary, but I am going to continue making them because I want there to be an easy-to-get-to resource thing for everyone to use on page 1, rather than cross-referencing a billion things like I've done before on Smash Infinite to see if something's been added/replaced yet.

D

Deleted member

Just posting to let everyone know I changed my stage submission a fair bit.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alright. Slight update: I'm going to go through ssbwiki and see how many spirits/songs each series has, and then just have a master list of those numbers so we know how many we need to hit. So you can submit stuff for any series now - two songs and two spirits per day. Starting tomorrow, however, there will be an Event system to it so that we can make it more fun and less broad. I'll be spinning a random spinner of everyone who's contributed at least one message to the thread thus far, and they will decide what the spirit and song themes are (one event for each, different people choose either one). Not sure how long events will last yet, I'll eyeball it as we go along. If we need to go back and figure out which replacements are getting re-replaced, we can do that. I'll be adding Tankman's Metal Gear song submission and Wario's Mario submission shortly.
Also lmao we need to replace 69 Mario songs

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Two questions - really sorry this day in the thread has been kind of messy/experimental, lol.

1. Do you guys like the events idea or would you rather just go unhinged on the music? I'd rather that not be the case because there are some series (like Metal Gear) where the song count is so low that we'll be over pretty soon. But I also don't want the thread to feel boring as you wait for an event where you know stuff that you can contribute.

2. I'm gonna go ahead and merge Mario music and Mario Kart music, I see no reason to keep them seperate.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alright, so, I'm bringing this thread back. Here's how that's gonna work.

First of all, the Spirits and songs that WWW and Yiptap previously submitted get to stay. I think they're really good at giving us an idea of what the guidelines for submissions look like. However, I am gonna start that event system I was talking about earlier (like how Infinite used to do it before DLC where it lasts about a week and it's up to the individual contributors on what the events are). It will begin soon but I don't know about tomorrow.

Spirit and Music submissions are not currently open.

But of course, we still have Street Fighter content to replace!

Job #72
Spencer Mansion

Spencer Mansion takes place outside the mansion rather than inside. Layout wise it has an upside down Battlefield platform layout with a walled bottom platform. This allows it to be suitable for competitive play with hazards off.

With hazards on, a small blue cloud of C-virus (no relation) will sometimes appear on stage, if you jump or get knocked into it you’ll become a zombie. Zombies have a unique, slumped over idle animation. They also have the red eyes used by Dharkon’s clones. If they are human or highly human-like they also gain cartoonish green skin. Zombies are EXTREMELY powerful, with every move’s power being doubled and their weight being slightly increased, however they also take continual damage and KOing them takes away two points from them, one for them and another for the virus. Zombification wears off either after 30 seconds or upon KO. There can only be one zombie at a time.
View attachment 349824
Spencer Mansion
Since we're doing Resi 1 this makes the most sense. Takes place in the middle of for mansion with some platforms. It will transition to other parts of the mansion. These include:

Attic
A dingy old dusty attic with a broken cage in the back. Yawn, the snake boss, will slither around, looking to gobble up the fighters.

Hallway
A tight cramped hallway. Suddenly the windows will smash open. Some hungry zombie dogs will attempt to rush the players.

Greenhouse
The stage will fill up with greenery, and Plant 42, will wriggle around in the back.

Aquarium
The bottom of the stage fills up with water, and Neptune, the shark boss, will swim around aand jump up, attempting to snack on fighters.

Cabin
The cabin from one of the most iconic parts of the game. Platforms here might break due to being disued. Lisa Trevor, one of the most horrifying and tragic characters in all of the franchise, can be spotted in the back.

Lab
The final chase of the game. Takes place in a high tech lab full of equipment and test tubes. A tyrant will escape and try to claw the fighters.
We only had two submissions this time around - two versions of Spencer Mansion from Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and @Darkonedagger ! Please vote for only one. Keep in mind that this stage is taking the place of Suzaku Castle.

Movesets for Chris and Jill are now open! Keep in mind our rules for moveset submissions. 1/4 moves you submit must be kept from the original fighter. Also be sure to mention which characters Jill and Chris respectively are replacements for. If you're only doing special moves, you might want to keep Down Special specifically since it doesn't have a command input variant.

Once we are finished with stages and movesets, we will move on to RE spirits and music as well as general jobs as to not oversaturate the thread with one series.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Chris and Jill moveset
Chris replaces Ryu, Jill replaces Ken.

Down B: Kept from the Fight Streeters, except now Chris and Jill use a Stun Gun.

Up B: Hookshot, tether recovery. You can also use it to pull towards opponents like Batman's Grappling Hook in Multiversus.

Neutral B: The survivor shoots forward as long as the button is held and Jill uses a Beretta, whereas Chris uses a Colt Python (the latter of which is stronger but slower). You can walk slowly to the left or right while shooting, but cannot jump or dodge. Can be cancelled into a melee attack like Ryu and Ken's specials.

Side B: Grenade Launcher/Flamethrower. Jill uses the former, Crhis uses the latter. The Grenade Launcher functions like a more powerful version of Snake's neutral B that only has the forward thrown arc, whereas Flamethrower is like a less powerful Charizard neutral B that has more range.

My vote for Spencer Mansion goes to Wario Wario Wario's concept.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We have reached a winner - Wario Wario Wario's Spencer Mansion! Fighters will destroy personal property and get zombified like its nobody's buisness.

Here are our next few jobs.

Submit Resident Evil music to replace Street Fighter music with
You may submit up to four songs per day from the Resident Evil franchise to replace Street Fighter songs already in SSBU.
You may submit music from the Resident Evil films as well as long as it was made for the movies specifically. This job does not have a due date, so feel free to submit for it anytime. Active jobs like this, maybe I could put them in my signature or something? Still trying to figure out how to make this stuff work.

Submit Resident Evil spirits to replace Street Fighter spirits with
Keep in mind that SSBU already has Jill and Chris spirits, as well as Leon and Wesker. Becuase of this, Ryu and Ken will stay. So, we need 24 Resident Evil Spirits (not Jill/Chris/Leon/Wesker), as well as one Master Spirit from the series.
First come first serve for the Master Spirit. You may submit two per day. Please use the format seen in Spirit submissions above (name, class, picture)

Alright, now that that's out of the way...

Replace an Assist Trophy!

Please choose an Assist Trophy from Ultimate to replace with another character. Assist Trophies are not eligible to be replaced, so if there's a character you want to have a chance later on, but is currently an assist, be sure to replace them here. You may choose to replace a first party Assist Trophy with a character from the same series, or a third party Assist Trophy with a character from the same series or company. First party characters who count as "other" like Dr Kawashima or Devil can be replaced with other characters who count as "other".

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I want to replace Knuckles with Bonanza Bros.

The Bonanza Bros. will steal items in their bag and tranquilise foes. Once they're done they'll give the items they've caught to their summoner, but if they're KO'd the items will fall all over the stage. They are technically two seperate entities, but only split if they're hit.

If we do this again, Waluigi will be my next target, heh.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Oh yeah and I probably should've mentioned lol, Guile is ineligible since we'll replace him later with a Resident Evil character.

Replacing Zero with Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright will spawn on his desk in the middle of the stage, speaking in text that scrolls so fast it's unreadable, while he slaps papers or nervously runs his mouth. If the summoner attacks an opponent, Phoenix will slam his desk in frustration or sigh, and he gets increasingly nervous the more the summoner attacks opponents (but keeps his cool if they're pacifistic). If the summoner has attacked opponents less than 3 times after 20 seconds, Phoenix will shout "OBJECTION!" causing most opponents to shoot up in percent. If the summoner attacked opponents 3 times or more after 20 seconds, Phoenix buries his head in his hands, and the summoner is instantly KO'd.

Assist replacemant:
Waluigi with Tatanga!

1653416652248.png

Tatanga (Super Mario)

Villainous role:
Super Mario Land as Final Boss and Super Mario Land 2 as Boss.
Traits: Spaceship Control and Mischevious planning.

When Summoned via Ally Phone, he floats over stage and shoots the Bullets from sides to sides like in Original Super Mario Land. He even can dash at opponents with high speed that knock players to Blast Zone or stun sometimes.
He can be harmed or KOed by ranged Attacks like projectiles.
His Assist Incarnation is based on OG Super Mario Land game (His design is taken from artwork).

Inclusion of this assist is actually about revival of most forgotten character in Mario series, Tatanga would be cool if he was in Smash again, but as assist. He doesn't do so much, so we can include him as assist character. He could fun assist for the game like if you play with your friends on 8-player Smash with items and you can let anybody don't evade his bullets or his painful airdash. He could even represent SML in assist form.

(We need Waluigi playable, so we are making Tatanga as AT)

Attachments

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alright, time to vote! I included an "all of the above" option since there was a low number of submissions and they're all great ideas in their own right. For reference, we will be replacing 45 Assist Trophies by the end of this thread.

RE Spirits and Music are still open. If we don't recieve submissions within about a week or so, I'll close the job and we'll wait to revisit spirits and music in general until there's enough interest again. New job soon!

Replace Crazy Hand with a different kind of hand
Okay this could've been a joke submission but we're gonna do it anyway 'cause it sounds really fun! Simply find another kind of hand to go alongside the Master. Body parts other than hands are not allowed.

okay that is actually really based, yeah post it
Thanks for the answer.

Power Glove (Crazy Hand)

Power Glove is a peripheral for NES that was made in 1980's by Mattel and it was approved by Nintendo later on. The Inclusion of Power Glove would represent the history of Nintendo, especially the hardware part.

As for attacks, Power Glove would have the same attacks as Crazy Hand, but some of them are replaced with attacks related to Nintendo Hardware.
Typical examples of swapped attacks:

- Zapper Barrage - Goes into background and blasts bullets into foreground with the Zapper (It's like Andross AT and Lugia Pokeball)

- Super Scope shot - Power Glove grabs a super scope and sends out the Missile alongside the Reticle that homes towards player. When it locks on player, the Scope shoots out the voxel rocket into fighter.

- Joycon shake - PG grabs a left Joycon and it shakes the screen, causing a difficulty to defeat him.

- Wiimote Swing - PG swings the Wiimote like a baseball bat and it attempts to knock-off the fighter. It occasionally can throw the Wiimote at fighter when it fails to smash it.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Shadow Hand

Shadow Hand would morph into a form of these puppets, rather than casting them himself. He'll try to bite as an alligator, hop as a bunny (burying grounded fighters), fly from the background to the foreground as an owl, heal Master Hand as a swan, among many other attacks. They're not all animals - for instance, one attack has him cast a projectile spell as a witch.
Also, "versus...Master Hand!...and...Shadow Hand!" just sounds awesome.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Shadow Hand

Shadow Hand would morph into a form of these puppets, rather than casting them himself. He'll try to bite as an alligator, hop as a bunny (burying grounded fighters), fly from the background to the foreground as an owl, heal Master Hand as a swan, among many other attacks. They're not all animals - for instance, one attack has him cast a projectile spell as a witch.
Also, "versus...Master Hand!...and...Shadow Hand!" just sounds awesome.
Shadow Hand is already a thing in Smash Bros(technically as it appeared in a fan comic which I recommend reading:Here's the Link)

The idea is still cool tho

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, time to vote! I included an "all of the above" option since there was a low number of submissions and they're all great ideas in their own right. For reference, we will be replacing 45 Assist Trophies by the end of this thread.

RE Spirits and Music are still open. If we don't recieve submissions within about a week or so, I'll close the job and we'll wait to revisit spirits and music in general until there's enough interest again. New job soon!

Replace Crazy Hand with a different kind of hand
Okay this could've been a joke submission but we're gonna do it anyway 'cause it sounds really fun! Simply find another kind of hand to go alongside the Master. Body parts other than hands are not allowed.
You know what? Screw it.

Hand Name: Ultra Hand
Hand Origin: Nintendo Toys (but also Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! for the Wii)

Whilst not a human hand in a similar ilk to Master Hand, I think this would be a very fun boss battle to go up against. Ultra Hand would act more as a semi-summoner character, using lots of attacks based directly on Nintendo toys aside from their game consoles. For example, I can picture it using the Ultra Pitcher as a projectile swarm that tosses a lot of balls onto the stage and the like, or perhaps tossing hanafuda cards across the stage. The main mechanic is that, well, it's based on something you'd find in a child's bedroom, beign a toy - so it's fought on the Smash 64 desk, pulling various Nintendo toys out of the toybox seen in the opening video. It's even able to pull doll-like replicas of the first 8 characters as added characters to fight, for even more variety.

I'm not really sure if this is technically allowed, given how different the Ultra Hand would actually be compared to Master Hand, but I couldn't help but think of it when given the opportunity. It's a great way to represent not only Smash Bros, but also Nintendo's earlier history, and would be really unique as a boss concept (after all, it's literally a claw hand extending in from outside of the screen.) This just seemed really fun to me, though feel free to tell me if this is disallowed - I totally get it if so.

Top Bottom