• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Replaces Smash Ultimate (Currently replacing an Assist Trophy and Street Fighter content)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We are going to create a new entry within the Smash series - with a catch. We start with Ultimate's roster of content - modes, stages, characters, items, etc. Whenever a specific piece of content is submitted, another piece of similar content must be cut to make way for it.
So, let's say you want to submit a new first-part echo. You can submit someone like Funky Kong, but would have to cut someone like Chrom. Same goes for items; if you want the Shield Monitor to be an item, you might have to sacrifice the Star Rod.
That means, throughout the entirety of the thread game, this hypothetical entry in the Smash series will have exactly 89 characters, 115 stages, 1,086 music tracks, 9 bosses, 133 Mii hats, 144 Mii outfits, 1,513 Spirits, and 20 modes.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Bowser
Dr Mario
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Piranha Plant
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Link
Midna & Wolf Link (replacing Young Link)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Samus
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Eevee (Replacing Jigglypuff)
Mewtwo
Pichu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Greninja
Incineroar
Muddy Mole (Replacing Captain Falcon)
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Lucina
Roy
Chrom
Ike
Robin
Corrin
Byleth
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucina
Villager
Isabelle
Shulk
Pyra & Mythra
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt
Inkling
Min Min
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Chris Redfield (Replacing Ryu)
Jill Valentine (Replacing Ken)
Cloud
Sephiroth
Bayonetta
Simon
Richter
Joker
Hero
Banjo & Kazooie
Terry
Steve
Kazuya
Sora

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Small Battlefield
Final Destination
Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom II
Delfino Plaza
Mushroomy Kingdom
Figure-8 Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
3D Land
Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Mario Circuit
Super Mario Maker
New Donk City
Super Happy Tree
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island
WarioWare, Inc.
Gamer
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Falls
Jungle Japes
75m
Wrecking Crew
Hyrule Castle
Great Bay
Temple
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Skyloft
Great Plateau Tower
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Poké Floats (Replacing Green Greens (Melee))
Halberd
Dream Land GB
Great Cave Offensive
Corneria
Venom
Lylat Cruise
Saffron City
Pokémon Stadium
Pokémon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Unova Pokémon League
Prism Tower
Kalos Pokémon League
Big Blue
Port Town Aero Dive
Mute City SNES
Onett
Fourside
New Pork City
Magicant
Castle Siege
Arena Ferox
Coliseum
Garreg Mach Monestary
Skyworld
Reset Bomb Forest
Palutena's Temple
Smashville
Tortimer Island
Town & City
Gaur Plain
Cloud Sea of Alrest
Summit
Flat Zone X
Distant Planet
Garden Of Hope
Boxing Ring
Wii Fit Studio
Duck Hunt
Moray Towers
Spring Stadium
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Tropical Resort (Replacing Windy Hill Zone)
Wily Castle
Pac-Land
Spencer Mansion (Replacing Suzaku Castle)
Midgar
Northern Craver
Umbra Clock Tower
Dracula's Castle
Mementos
Yggdrasil's Altar
Spiral Mountain
King of Fighters Stadium
Minecraft World
Mishima Dojo
Hollow Bastion
Hanenbow
Pictochat 2
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomodachi Life
Wuhu Island
Pilotwings
Dire Dire Docks - Super Mario 64 (Replacing Ground Theme (Band Performance) - Super Mario Odyssey)

Item Room Ambience - Super Metroid (Replacing Lockdown Battle Theme - Metroid: Other M)

It Has To Be This Way - Metal Gear Rising (Replacing 'Calling To The Night' - Metal Gear)

Doopliss, Advanced (Replacing Vivian, Advanced)

Paper Toad, Novice (Replacing Toad, Advanced)

Referee Lakitu, Ace (Replacing Petey Piranha (Strikers), Advanced)
Pencil and Eraser, Novice (Replacing Flying Man, Ace)

This thread has only one universal rule on submissions, in that they must originate from a videogame. Content from non-game media based on games (like Advent Children) is fine, as long as it isn't an entire character. And try not to worry too much about making this an actual game, it's purely for fun. If you have any issues with how the thread is run, let me know!

JOB 1a: Submit a first-party character to cut, and a first-party character to replace them.
and JOB 1b: Submit criteria for JOB 2. (We'll usually do this for all of the rounds, JOB 1 is the only exception)

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 1a: Young Link (Ocarina of Time) -> Wolf Link and Midna (Twilight Princess)
1644096524004.png
->
1644096996386.png

Young Link is another Link, and while that's not inherently a flaw as I'm even suggesting a Link as a replacement, Young Link is another version of the same play style already seen in two other fighters and is a semi-clone (but not an echo, so I'm assuming we'll be treating him as a unique fighter). And yes, OoT is important to the Zelda series, but we already have two Zelda characters from that game (Shiek and Ganondorf) and I couldn't find a Majora's Mask reference in YL's moveset so I think YL is exclusively based off OoT (So I don't think it makes sense to keep him as a MM's rep if he doesn't even properly represent it).

I'm suggesting WL&M as replacements because I think having Twilight Princess Link return by replacing a Link after being replaced by BOTW Link would be some great irony, and also I think they would have a fun and cool moveset (being a Wolf and Twili). Plus Midna was the best helper in the series according to a lot of Zelda fans and me, Twilight Princess was the second best selling Zelda game meaning it holds a special place in a lot of people's hearts and mine, and it is a decently popular suggestion to add WL&M so this would please a lot of fans.

Job 1b: Replace a Stage

Pretty basic but it gets the job done. We replaced a fighter, we should replace a Stage for battle afterword.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 1: Goodbye to Dr. Mario, welcome Small Mario

I was gonna replace a Smash character I dislike like Rosaluma or Pythra, but I feel this thread is where this little man would probably have the best chance. Small Mario is basically Pichu but Mario, and in a sense the opposite of Dr. Mario. He'd be very floaty and jump high like Jigglypuff, and also highly fast, but also be quite light and weak fitting his 1-hit-death powered-down origins. He would lack a hat to further distinguish him from Mario. He may also have a few unique moves apart from Mario (I think the Mario Maker spin jump would be a good one.)

Job 2 criteria: replace a member of the original 12
Some people just want to watch the world burn (I'm torn between giving Captain Falcon or Pikachu the axe)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 1: Dr. Mario is fired, Toad is hired
1644099854561.png

Toad is the only member of Mario's main cast that isn't in the game yet, and despite his simple appearance I think there's a lot you could with him using elements from Captain Toad as well as different Power-Ups. Definitely more interesting than a plumber in a lab coat if you ask me.

Last edited:
Job 1:
Goodbye Dark Pit, welcome Viridi!
(Drak Put flew away while Viridi came here)

Viridi is one of side characters in Kid icarus: Uprising and she is a goddess, who hates humankind for ruining the nature.
She could replace Dark Pit, since she is more popular than him.

Her moveset could revolve about her army like she could use her mooks or her members of her forces.

Job 1b:
Replace a Retro character.
Well, we could execute Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt for ExciteBiker or Takamaru.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 1a:
Lucario fled the battle!...and in turn, a wild Zacian appears!

Lucario was cut for no particular reason other than him feeling the most uneccessary out of all the Pokemon reps, and Zacian was chosen for his unique archetype (a non-anthropomorphic dog with a sword) and to represent Generation 8.

JOB 1b. Replace a Games & More mode (Classic Mode, All-Star Mode, Stage Builder, etc) with a new one.

Also, apologies Venus but X is inelligible for this round due to it being first parties only.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
:ultlucas: was taken out back and shot by [REDACTED FOR SPOILER REASONS.] Given we're not getting Mother 3 in the West, ever, he needs replacing because Reggie's back is aching enough with his years of sitting in a below-standard chair and doesn't need several quintillion requests to localise Mother 3.

(Jokes aside, I suggest this mostly because as much as I love Lucas and Mother 3, it seems a little unreasonable to keep him here if he's going to be a semi-clone of Ness and a representative of a game that's never likely to be localised officially.) To replace him is:

Character Name: Giegue
Character Origin: Mother (1989)

People often ask to see a Mother rep of some description, and whilst I do love the idea of seeing Porky, Giegue seems more logical to me at least. To an extent, they could take certain aspects from Mewtwo, but I'd like to make it clear - Giegue is not a Mewtwo clone. A lot of Giegue's attacks are rather based on various PSI and PK attacks seen in the Mother series that aren't used by Ness, as well as various villains (including EarthBound's Gigyas of course.) It'd be a very different take on the Psychic formula - a very lightweight and almost twitchy character, much faster than Mewtwo and Ness and with great power, but being a glass cannon.

Also, this is important for other reasons. For instance - certain Mother 3 tracks in this continuity could be replaced with other tracks - most notably, battle themes. I think I can safely say that the current lack of any battle themes from the Mother series is a crime, so this would work well to start the ball rolling on sorting that out. Likewise, we could see New Pork City (a stage almost universally disliked due to its size and gimmicky nature) replaced with alternate stages - my own suggestion would personally be the Cave of the Past, but there's tons of potential otherwise. Of course, these don't come into play right now, but they'd be changes that could be made in the future in response to this.

Overall, I think it'd be reasonable to see this as a genuine pick here. They have unique moveset potential, unique animation and theme potential, and even the potential to bring in tons of content that kinda should be here already? I think they'd be cool at least.

Oh, and for 1B, Submit an Assist Trophy!

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Job 1: Greninja has been replaced with Zoroark
571Zoroark.png

Zoroark (and it's pre-evolution, Zorua) were one of the first Pokemon to be revealed for Gen 5. However, due to the game's release date, they couldn't get into Smash Bros 4. They could play somewhat like Forsburn from Rivals of Aether with more of a rushdown focus. If this seems familiar, it's because it's the first replacement I did in my thread, "The Smash Bros Ultimate Roster Replacer"

Job 1B: Replace a franchise
Yep. I'm aiming big with this one. For this job, we will have to replace every bit of representation a franchise has with another. Now, the specifics of what to replace won't be chosen for this job. Just the broad idea of franchise replacement itself. The specifics will be chosen through other jobs. (So I could replace all Mario representation with Tetris. But nominating I Block to replace Mario would be for another job.) I don't know if this idea is too out there for this thread, but I'm gonna put it out there and see the reaction.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 1:
Goodbye Dark Samus, hello Mother Brain

Using her bipedal design, she would fight with lasers, those cheerio things, and moves that references other bosses as well as some referencing sci-fi horror and aliens in general.

Job 1b: replace a third party series characters and stages with another third party series.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Corrin is cut for

Azura

Sure Corrin is the main character of fates & has a decent thing going with dragon abilities but Azura is a more interesting pick in my opinion. She is the secondary protagonist of Fates, a dedicated lance wielder, & showcases abilities with dance & water which could offer much more potential for Smash.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, I originally never said anything about a cut character and a newcomer having to come from the same series, but it seems like a good rule to have going forward, except when the job states otherwise. So, here are your choices!
1a: Veterans are on the left, newcomers on the right.
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Young Link/Midna & Wolf Link
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Dr. Mario/Small Mario
cashregister9 cashregister9 Toon Link/Tetra
Otoad64 Otoad64 Dr. Mario/Toad
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Dark Pit/Virdi
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Lucario/Zacian
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Roy/Brigand Boss
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Lucas/Giegue
Baysha Baysha Greninja/Zoroark
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Dark Samus/Mother Brain
nirvanafan nirvanafan Corrin/Azura

1b:
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Replace A Stage
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Replace A Member Of The Original 12
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Replace Crazy Hand With A Different Kind Of Hand
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Replace A Retro Fighter
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Replace A Games & More Mode
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Replace An Assist Trophy
Baysha Baysha Replace A Franchise
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Replace A Third Party Series' Characters and Stages with another Third Party Series

Voting goes like most other creation threads - vote for top three, with your top 1 vote getting three points, 2 getting two points, and 3 getting one point. The voting period will go on until tomorrow, as soon as I get the chance to post the results.

Also, the thread may be a bit slow starting out, but hopefully soon I'll figure out how spirits/songs will work so we can be more active in the future.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So, I originally never said anything about a cut character and a newcomer having to come from the same series, but it seems like a good rule to have going forward, except when the job states otherwise. So, here are your choices!
1a: Veterans are on the left, newcomers on the right.
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Young Link/Midna & Wolf Link
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Dr. Mario/Small Mario
cashregister9 cashregister9 Toon Link/Tetra
Otoad64 Otoad64 Dr. Mario/Toad
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Dark Pit/Virdi
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Lucario/Zacian
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Roy/Brigand Boss
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Lucas/Giegue
Baysha Baysha Greninja/Zoroark
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Dark Samus/Mother Brain
nirvanafan nirvanafan Corrin/Azura

1b:
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Replace A Stage
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Replace A Member Of The Original 12
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Replace Crazy Hand With A Different Kind Of Hand
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Replace A Retro Fighter
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Replace A Games & More Mode
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Replace An Assist Trophy
Baysha Baysha Replace A Franchise
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Replace A Third Party Series' Characters and Stages with another Third Party Series

Voting goes like most other creation threads - vote for top three, with your top 1 vote getting three points, 2 getting two points, and 3 getting one point. The voting period will go on until tomorrow, as soon as I get the chance to post the results.

Also, the thread may be a bit slow starting out, but hopefully soon I'll figure out how spirits/songs will work so we can be more active in the future.
Dr. Mario/Small Mario

Champion of Hyrule's Suggestion

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The results are in!

With eight votes, Young Link will be booted from the roster, with Midna and Wolf Link taking his place!

JOB 2: Replace a member of the original 12!
So, you have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ness, Kirby, and Fox to choose from. Replace them with whomever you wish.

Job 2:
Jigglypuff was hoping around the Battlefield, but then a guy on motorcycle roadkilled a cat-eared puffball. This guy's name was ExciteBiker!

ExciteBiker (Excite)

1644301649190.png

ExciteBiker is one of Characters from Excite Series and he is a Guy, who rides on Bike and races with other ExciteBikers on ExciteBike Arena. He is one of Nintendo's Classic characters with modern titles and even Iconic Retro character, who was made by Nintendo.
ExciteBiker debuted on 1984's Side-Scrolling racing game called "ExciteBike" released on Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which it had huge sales.
He originally was meant to be in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice Climbers and he later appeared in Brawl as Assist Trophy and in SSB4 was Trophy along being a spirit in Ultimate.

His moveset could borrow stuff from "Excite" games, like NES ExciteBike, ExciteBike 64 and other titles like ExciteTruck, which it could be unique moveset due attacking opponents on Bike. He could be Middleweight Rushdown character with Fastest speed from Nintendo Characters and he could have a Gimmick named "Temperature Meter" where Excitebiker Dashes or attacks, which it rises the Temperature in his Bike. When it's full, his bike Explodes and after 2 seconds while being stunned, it rejoins and he comes back on his Bike.

I nominate ExciteBiker as Fighter, because he could represent NES Era in Smash as Fighter, which it could be very cool addition to Smash like Ice Climbers in Melee.
Besides that, his game is so Iconic that new and old Nintendo fans can recognize him, especially if you're not a Nintendo fan that grew up back in 80's.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, it seems like we'll be singing a lullaby to :039:. In their place, I may as well suggest another character that could fill an... interesting niche in Smash at the moment: :212:

Yep, I honestly think Scizor is a solid choice here. Allow me to explain a couple reasons why!

1. Scizor acts as an original representation of Gen II, unlike Pichu who's literally just an objectively worse Pikachu clone.
2. We actually don't have a Bug-type Pokemon in Smash yet, and it's a good chance to represent that movepool.
3. Scizor has the potential to have an unusual archetype, being fast-moving and heavy-hitting but with low defence - like a mosquito!
4. Who could say no to a bright red bug?

I think that whilst Jigglypuff is a pretty gimmicky character, Scizor would be a cool semi-serious pick in their place. Not only that, but I think the idea of an uber-fast, uber-aggressive character is a pretty appealing one to consider!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Jeez why are y'all targeting Puff?
I think it doesn't help that Puff's been on the chopping block before... but here's my own thinking at least.

Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox and Pikachu unequivocally have to stay. I know you could make an argument that Fox is the least relevant, but his importance in Smash specifically cements him a place - a similar situation to Captain Falcon, who for me at least, came very close to not making the cut. Luigi has to stay too - he's too important to cut and he's essentially unique nowadays. Ness is an interesting situation, but given the modern popularity of EarthBound, I think he's a logical pick. That only leaves Puff - a Gen I Pokemon despite us technically having 5 others, as well as being already considered to be cut in at least two games. I'll admit, I almost kept Puff in due to their importance in the Melee scene, but then there's been a ton of controversy over the main Puff player (I'm not going to get into it) so I kinda had to look at it that way.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Everyone is gonna get replaced at some point...
Yoshi------> Toad
Bup man himself. I love Yoshi, but I love Toad ever so slightly more. He could use moves from Mario Party and other spinoffs, referencing his host status. Hell, we could even add Toadette as an echo when we get to there! Overall, I think Toad is very deserving. He has been playable since the second Mario game.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I won't be submitting one for this job. Also sorry for such a long pause, had a crazy week.
Submissions are closed, here are the ones you can vote for! (voting works as normal, 1 for 3, 2 for 2, 3 for 1)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Captain Falcon/Muddy Mole
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Jigglypuff/Excitebiker
@Darkonedagger Jigglypuff/Eevee
Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy BotW Link/OoT Link
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Jigglypuff/Scizor
Yiptap Yiptap Yoshi/Toad
nirvanafan nirvanafan Ness/Andy

Here are my votes:
1. Puff/Excitebiker
2. BotW Link/OoT Link
3. Falcon/Muddy Mole

Top Bottom