• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

EpicNoob

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
4534-6472-5030
Firstly, how do you change the mains that appear on your profile?
And Secondly, how do you add that extra thing that appears under your post?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why I can't use my usual all-black profile picture today?
Tis April Fools and Crash crashed into the boards. It will be like this until the end of the day.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
There's this 9 year old thread in the "General Social" forum: if I wish to discuss the same topic, would it be better for me to bump that thread or make a new one?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
There is currently a glitch where you can't search up posts from the last few years using the search function.

For example I searched posts that have the term "Quote" in the title. The latest result is from 2014 despite there being a Quote support thread from 2017.

Try searching any term in the searchbar and you won't get that many recent results.

Oddly enough, phrases that are used in quote/spoilers can still be found. Search up "Geno" to see what I mean.

EDIT: Search up posts from me and you will only get stuff from today and around 2014. Everything else is gone.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
There is currently a glitch where you can't search up posts from the last few years using the search function.

For example I searched posts that have the term "Quote" in the title. The latest result is from 2014 despite there being a Quote support thread from 2017.

Try searching any term in the searchbar and you won't get that many recent results.

Oddly enough, phrases that are used in quote/spoilers can still be found. Search up "Geno" to see what I mean.

EDIT: Search up posts from me and you will only get stuff from today and around 2014. Everything else is gone.
I've been running a rebuild of the search index today, so that would explain this. It takes a number of hours to do a full rebuild, so it's still currently running

I would expect this to be working as expected in another few hours once it's finished :happysheep:

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I keep seeing people with sweet pictures in their signature but I haven't been able to find out how to add images into the signature. The only option it seems is that I have to add it using a URL but I can't just add them from my computer? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello everyone, I keep seeing people with sweet pictures in their signature but I haven't been able to find out how to add images into the signature. The only option it seems is that I have to add it using a URL but I can't just add them from my computer? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!
That is the only way. Easiest way is to upload your images to a image hosting site like imgur or the like.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Mic_128 Mic_128 , or anyone who sees this first, I am aware that someone's thread was locked due to its expression of support for a fourth party character. I told them about it, but they were confused because Goku is a fourth party character. Is there some missing piece of information?

Last edited:

Tenchu

Smash Rookie
How do I access my drafts from threads I started but haven't posted? I saved one as a draft but now I can't access it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is in depth discussion of cryptocurrency allowed here? I was thinking of making a thread for it under general social.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do I access my drafts from threads I started but haven't posted? I saved one as a draft but now I can't access it.
Post/thread drafts are not intended to be used as a long-term storage solution. Drafts are discarded if they are not edited for 48 hours. If you need to keep one around for longer than that without changing it at all, I recommend using a word processor program on your computer or Google Docs.
Is in depth discussion of cryptocurrency allowed here? I was thinking of making a thread for it under general social.
Hmm, I guess you can make one, I'd just make a clear note that our users aren't qualified to give financial advice and that Smashboards is not a place to seek out financial advice. If the thread goes in that direction anyway we may have to close it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I've been wondering, how do the top pinned threads work?

For context, we've been discussing the possibility of a "Character Exploration Thread" in the general DLC discussion thread. It's kinda like Rate Their Chances, but it would eschew the ratings and debates in favor of casual discussion of the character in question; Who they are, what they could bring, what their games are like, etc. The intent is that it helps liven things up a bit and get more topics, since a lot of people feel the DLC Spec has gotten kinda repetitive as of late.

I came here to ask some questions because I'm wondering if a thread like this could/should be pinned at the top of the messages, like with the aforementioned General DLC Spec and RTC threads. There's also a community Echo voting thread, but that seems to be dead. A general yet organized thread like the Character Exploration pitch I've suggested seems like it would fit in with those, but I'm not quite sure what the criteria is regarding those pinned channels and if the hypothetical CET would fit those requirements.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The posts section of profiles is acting glitchy. For example if you check out my most recent content:

It'll say that my most recent post was on June 14th. This is wrong since I made a bunch of posts on the 15th and none of them are showing up.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yo! I'm just a bit sick and tired of not being able to add a photo to my signature. It was easy to do before, just upload to Imgur, and add the text/link within; "insert photo" by url. However, each time I try there is this error; "Something went wrong, try again or ask an administrator". I have even resized it plenty of times, and it's really getting tiering. Is there any solution to this? It would be appreciated.

Kittyrah

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
KTTY#413
How do I add the Pacific West prefix to my tournament listings post?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I haven't been to smashboards in a while and I suddenly can't reply in any support thread I've been part of or in general. Not even one I made myself.

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here." What's going on?

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I did a thread poll on a forum game I'm running to crowdsource a solution to a rules technicality, but I can't find any way to edit the poll title or delete the poll itself now (I know the delete button used to be there). Why is this, and how can I do these?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I did a thread poll on a forum game I'm running to crowdsource a solution to a rules technicality, but I can't find any way to edit the poll title or delete the poll itself now (I know the delete button used to be there). Why is this, and how can I do these?
Link?

Do you see Is there an edit button in the top right?

Box with a pencil followed by EDIT.

If not lemme know.

Screen shot follows

Screenshot_20211120-163839.jpg

End screenshot

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I haven't been to smashboards in a while and I suddenly can't reply in any support thread I've been part of or in general. Not even one I made myself.

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here." What's going on?
Apologies for the late reply. The Newcomer Speculation forum was closed following the final DLC character reveal. No one can post there - even me!

Top Bottom