• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Baysha

Smash Ace
How do I reply to profile posts? I can't seem to find any option to.
Edit: It seems to have appeared now. I'm guessing it was because of my post count?

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I haven't been to smashboards in a while and I suddenly can't reply in any support thread I've been part of or in general. Not even one I made myself.

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here." What's going on?
Come join the new discussion if you're interested.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is there any particular board where I can post Smash moveset concepts? I know of things like Make Your Moveset, but I was wondering if I could post any movesets I make for fun.
Think this will suffice.

FazDude

Smash Master
Think this will suffice.
Thank you!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do I reply to profile posts? I can't seem to find any option to.
Edit: It seems to have appeared now. I'm guessing it was because of my post count?
Yep, users with low post count can't make or reply to profile posts. Looks like you've unlocked it!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m curious if there’s a way to see the rankings of each title and how close I am to getting to the next level. For example, I’m a Smash Champion but I don’t really know what that means in relation to other titles.

On a related note, I noticed that some people’s reactions are worth more points than others. I’m guessing this is based on their title and those points are probably what determine your level but I’m not sure. I’m also curious what causes someone to have a certain reaction score or points. I noticed my points were pretty high for the average at over 1,000 but I have a much lower reaction score than some with a similar point score.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I’m curious if there’s a way to see the rankings of each title and how close I am to getting to the next level. For example, I’m a Smash Champion but I don’t really know what that means in relation to other titles.

On a related note, I noticed that some people’s reactions are worth more points than others. I’m guessing this is based on their title and those points are probably what determine your level but I’m not sure. I’m also curious what causes someone to have a certain reaction score or points. I noticed my points were pretty high for the average at over 1,000 but I have a much lower reaction score than some with a similar point score.
So.....

Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
Smash Champion ([[1]] posts)
Smash Master ([[2]] posts)
Smash Hero ([[3]] posts)
Smash Legend ([[4]] posts)
Smash Obsessed (20000+ posts)

Note this is from a deprecated wiki so it's accuracy may be off and I'm really not sure what [1] - [4] values are from Champion to Legend though by math [4] ends at 19,999 posts. Perhaps another staff member can fill in that info?

But yeah so to calculate until next level would be [next level] minus your current post count.

For the related questions...

Reaction Score is how many "Likes" you have
Points is the total points you've accumulated here

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So.....

Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
Smash Champion ([[1]] posts)
Smash Master ([[2]] posts)
Smash Hero ([[3]] posts)
Smash Legend ([[4]] posts)
Smash Obsessed (20000+ posts)

Note this is from a deprecated wiki so it's accuracy may be off and I'm really not sure what [1] - [4] values are from Champion to Legend though by math [4] ends at 19,999 posts. Perhaps another staff member can fill in that info?

But yeah so to calculate until next level would be [next level] minus your current post count.

For the related questions...

Reaction Score is how many "Likes" you have
Points is the total points you've accumulated here
Thanks. I don’t know how I managed to post here for over 10 years and never really pay attention to any of this until now lol. That clears things up.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
How can I make an image or attachment I upload transparent with the forum background? As an example, take this photo:
375px-Vampire_Wario_normal_WL3.png
I don't really like how the white background clashes with the black background of the forum. Can anyone give me any tips so the image background matches the forum background? Thank you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How can I make an image or attachment I upload transparent with the forum background? As an example, take this photo:
View attachment 342117
I don't really like how the white background clashes with the black background of the forum. Can anyone give me any tips so the image background matches the forum background? Thank you.
What you have to do is make the image transparent; our forum supports the display of transparent images.

TC Lappens

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to private message users? I have 2 "conversations" from a while ago that indicate that this is possible. It's probably right in front of me and I'm missing it. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Why can't I post messages on my own profile yet? I have a lot of thoughts I wanna write that I don't want to have to search a specific forum for.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there a way to private message users? I have 2 "conversations" from a while ago that indicate that this is possible. It's probably right in front of me and I'm missing it. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Users with very few messages cannot initiate conversations. Participate in some discussions on the forum and this feature should become available to you.
Why can't I post messages on my own profile yet? I have a lot of thoughts I wanna write that I don't want to have to search a specific forum for.
Similarly, this feature can be earned through some activity on our forums. Spend some time in threads and soon enough, you'll have the ability to post status updates.

Quillion

Smash Hero
It seems that some time after this thread, SmashBoards has gained the capability to delete accounts.

Is there a way I can delete my account or request the staff to do so? I really don't give a darn about discussing things on forums, message boards, or what have you online anymore.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Top Bottom