• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Podcast Episode 1: Let's Chat With Xander Mobus!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Smashboards is incredibly proud to present the very first episode of the official Smashboards podcast! The podcast is intended to be a biweekly feature where we bring in Smashers to talk about recent hot topics and news within the competitive Smash community. Alongside this, each podcast will feature one larger topic for guests to discuss and debate.

This episode we sit down to discuss a bit about the Summer of Smash and tournament travel plans before diving in to talk shop with Xander Mobus! For those who don't know, Xander is the announcer for the latest games in the Super Smash Bros. series. Learn a little bit about voice acting, Xander, and more alongside SmashCapps, Xiivi, PopiPenguin, and Duppy. Fair warning there are a few swears here and there in case that is something bothersome. Sit down, listen, and enjoy!

The podcast will be available on iTunes as soon as it passes the approval process. A special thanks goes out to Xander for agreeing to be on the podcast! Be sure to check out what he does and thank him by following him on Twitter. To suggest a theme for the next podcast leave a comment below or send them to @SmashCapps on Twitter. Thanks to all that listened, and here's looking forward to the next podcast!

Last edited:

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I hate reading long articles so videos and podcast to get information is nice. Thnks Smashboards

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Honestly surprised it took this long for SmashBoards to have their very own Podcast, job well done though, can't wait for the next SBPC

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Xander is going to have to watch his back after making that Ridley comment lol. Personally, I do agree with his POV on the issue.

Also, it was pretty jokes to hear him sing the Pokemon theme and him announcing Shrek.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
For the future, I think you should put a "Table of Contents" in the description of the podcast. That is, list what topics you're covering and when in the podcast they appear.

Mahie

Smash Lord
So apparently I'm on the picture but it's got nothing to do with me either way haha.

Good news though!

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Very nice, I'll add this to my list, hopefully I'll listen to it earlier next time around; I love hearing about the game and it's community so this is a treat.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Xander Mobus please commentate like, every game at EVO in your smash voice please. it would be amazing.

mothernaturer

Smash Rookie
NNID
teinus
Lit a candle and finished an art project while listening to this. Pretty nice.

I love this ****ing guy. Thanks for this interview thing, guys! Really appreciate it.

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the podcast, great thing to listen to while refreshing r/amiibo :ness:

Top Bottom