• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards localises: Puzzle League Switch!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nintendo have just released a brand new title in Japan: Panel de Pon Switch! Although their original plan was to bring the original game's colourful fairy cast worldwide, they ran into a problem - Panel de Pon is doing horribly on Nintendo Switch Online, more people are playing the game literally called "SCAT" than the cute tile swapper for cryin' out loud! So to draw attention Nintendo are bringing back one of the oldest tricks in the book: retheming!

Quite obviously this is a little different from a usual creation thread in that we're not adding content, but rather replacing, renaming, and otherwise modifying it! It'll still be done in the usual job format though.

CONTENT (replaced, modified, or renamed in bold):
Modes:
Story Mode
Multiplayer
Endless
3D
Clear Line
Timed
Touch Screen

Story characters (playable in single player and multiplayer):
Lip (Fairy)
Windy (Wind)
Sherbet (Ice)
Thiana (Nature)
Ruby (Jewel)
Elias (Water)
Flare (Fire)
Neris (Sea)
Seren (Moon)

Boss characters (exclusively playable in multiplayer, appear as bosses in single player):
Phoenix
Dragon
Thanatos
Cordelia

Job #1
Choose a series, game, character, or set of characters to replace the fairies with

Submit a first party Nintendo IP you believe would fit the Panel de Pon gameplay. This can be a starring role for a character who has not previously had one. (for example Waluigi) We cannot make up new characters, but using obscure or lesser known characters should be fine, especially if in conjunction with better known ones. This is the utmost important job so submit and vote wisely. The fairies will not be allowed for this job, nor will the generic techno theme from Puzzle League DS.

Yoshi, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing will be options by default - however, be aware that we will have to come up with a plotline for Story Mode as well as some other modes so Animal Crossing may not be the best option. You cannot submit this plotline yet, we will vote on it after choosing an IP.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #1
Waluigi and forgotten Mario characters

Waluigi's tired of waiting for his own game, so he's hijacking another and bringing the outcasts of the Mushroom Kingdom with him! Mario, DK, Wario, Yoshi, and RPG characters will all appear, with the oddest characters getting top priority. A sneaky trickster like Waluigi is a perfect fit for a mind-intensive puzzle challenge, especially with back-stabbing multiplayer.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB #1: Captain N and non-game characters
Ever watched an episdoe of Donkey Kong Contry and thought, "wow, I wish I could play as Bluster Kong!"? No? Nobody? Good to know I'm alone on that front.
Anyways, Nintendo shows hardly get mentioned in-game or even noticed by Nintendo these days. Giving them a puzzle game would be a good way of showing recognition and pleasing thier admittedly small fanbases.
In my idea, Captain N would serve as the central character who would visit the worlds of other characters, just like the show (at least, I think-haven't watched Captain N before).
There are some very obvious picks like aforementioned Bluster Kong, but also some deeper cuts-I myself would love to see Salvodor Drainotto added to the roster. Also, while it should be kept to a minimum, we could feature third party characters, such as Comedy Chimp or one of the original Ruby Spears Megaman robots.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Ho
JOB #1: Captain N and non-game characters
Ever watched an episdoe of Donkey Kong Contry and thought, "wow, I wish I could play as Bluster Kong!"? No? Nobody? Good to know I'm alone on that front.
Anyways, Nintendo shows hardly get mentioned in-game or even noticed by Nintendo these days. Giving them a puzzle game would be a good way of showing recognition and pleasing thier admittedly small fanbases.
In my idea, Captain N would serve as the central character who would visit the worlds of other characters, just like the show (at least, I think-haven't watched Captain N before).
There are some very obvious picks like aforementioned Bluster Kong, but also some deeper cuts-I myself would love to see Salvodor Drainotto added to the roster. Also, while it should be kept to a minimum, we could feature third party characters, such as Comedy Chimp or one of the original Ruby Spears Megaman robots.
Bro, i'm hoping that Oogtar is the is the main villain of the game.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 1: Donkey Kong
There's no methodical reason why I chose DK - I just really like the franchise. While anyone from the DK pantheon is allowed (including characters from the Teletoon lineup) I wanna specify that the main character of the game is the ape who sold one kiddilion copies of Ultimate Deluxe - Kiddy Kong!

kiddy's been submitted to two wawawa threads gotta keep the train going

Top Bottom