• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Is Looking for Volunteers

sbvolunteers.jpg
With the Smashboards news team’s recent change in leadership, we’re looking for some new volunteers to fill some gaps in the team. Whether you’re a writer, a graphic designer or you have a knack for working with social media, now’s your chance to dip your toes into the world of esports journalism. We’re currently looking for applicants for the following positions:
  • Writing Team - The writing team is the perfect place for those looking to dip their toes into the world of esports journalism and expand their portfolio. They primarily cover tournaments and community happenings, but also offer plenty of opportunities for those looking to try their hand at editorial writing - be it opinion pieces, interviews with a community figure or something highlighting a regional scene.
  • Social Media Team - Smashboards has relied heavily on its social media presence in recent years, particularly on Facebook and Twitter, and we need people to maintain it. If you want to gain experience working with these and other platforms, or if you have an existing talent with them that you’d like to leverage, this team may be the perfect fit for you.
  • Graphic Design - This position involves creating graphics for various teams within the site's staff. In particular, you’ll be working closely with the writing team, creating thumbnails, infographics, and other images for articles.
If you’re looking to get on board with the largest Smash-centric publication on the web, now’s the perfect chance. We can’t wait to see what everyone has to offer.

Scribe

Comments

Id like to start a conversation about what the expectations of these roles would be! Specifically the graphic design role.

Graphic and Web Designer willing to help with any design project, small to large. Well experienced in formal project management and branding of web and graphic development. but I would be more than grateful to help with the social media, whether it be advertising and gaining publicity or running and maintaining. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries on here or at travis.trotto@gmail.com.

I have a history in social media and am a contributor for the Huffington Post I am interested in a social media role

I wanna help.... but I don't have much experience or anything to give. My social media is small and sure my writing is ok, but i dont have any examples of that :/

Top Bottom