• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is Looking for Reporters

looking-for-reporters.jpg
Smashboards is once again looking for volunteers for our writing team. With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the way and new information set to emerge over the coming months, we need all the help we can get to cover it in a timely manner.

We’re also looking for writers to handle news about existing games and their tournament scenes. Melee and Smash Wii U coverage are top priority right now, though writers for Smash 64, Project M and other platform fighters are welcome to apply, so long as you can write quality news in a timely fashion.

If you're looking for a chance to join the largest Smash-centric publication on the web and can cover breaking news in the Smash community as it emerges, feel free to submit an application for our writing team. We can't wait to hear from you.

Scribe

Comments

I was going to fill out the form, but then I realized I would probably be terrible at writing articles interesting to this community, so I shared the link to people who might be interested. Hope I can get you a few bites.

As much as I would like a chance to work on my writing, I don't wanna waste anybody's time. Haha.

I sent in an application. I'd love to help out especially since I can travel now!

Last edited:
I was going to fill out the form, but then I realized I would probably be terrible at writing articles interesting to this community, so I shared the link to people who might be interested. Hope I can get you a few bites.

As much as I would like a chance to work on my writing, I don't wanna waste anybody's time. Haha.
I would say if you're willing to improve, it's not a waste of anyone's time. We're not a big publication (IGN, Polygon, Waypoint, etc), and most of the time, we're not looking for "ground breaking" pieces.

I'll message you further. Definitely send an app - Regardless, thank you for sharing the link!

can we get someone to cover smash wii u tournaments? all we seemed to have last time was melee
If you can find them and they're willing to, yes. We'll give them the outlet and the guide to, but it really depends on them.

Top Bottom