• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is Back

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

Today our host managed to get a restore of our database working and we were able to implement additional measures to combat the DDoS attack. We are hopeful these mitigation tactics will hold. No data was lost during this attack and in all the forums were down for 24 days. We appreciate all the patience the Smash community has shown, and if you were wondering what was going on, you weren't following our social media!
While we were down we implemented a temporary frontpage which was well received. We will try to actually get to a frontpage-forum setup like other sites in the near future.
Premium Members: check the disco room for a special gift. If your premium expired during the downtime please send me a PM and I'll get you restored with three months of Premium Membership. It is so early after recovering from the downtime that I'm not sure yet if new Premium Memberships can be accepted and there are likely other kinks as a result of the downtime that will need to be worked out over the next few days.
Thanks Smashers again for sticking with us during this community crisis,
-aZ

Discuss this by going here!

Top Bottom