• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

D

Deleted member

1. Chuck
2. Goombario
3. Bob-omb

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Due to conquests remaining a tie, we'll do all 3, starting with Love vs. Money

1. King Bob-Omb = 3
  2. Cocomin = 6
  3. Goombario = 7
  4. Cranky Kong = 10
  5. King Kut Out = 13
  6. Chargin Chuck = 14
Chargin' Chuck touches down!

His jobs will start shortly

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Chargin' Chuck's moveset!
Introducing a new Mario Sports title, from the developers that brought you Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Power Tennis...
Fans expect a trailer to start, but then they just see some DiC Mario footage.

Hey, Mario! Look what I made!

It's a stone, Luigi. You
didn't make it.

It's a football. I chiseled it!

Well, what are you waitin' for? Throw me a pass!

Mario goes long, and Luigi tosses it, just like in the original cartoon. However, a major difference is present - the football gets closer and closer to the camera until it takes up the entire view, and slowly transitions into a highly-textured 3D football. The camera then zooms out to show the football flying through a stadium filled with Toads, Koopas and more watching an American football game. The ball is caught by Mario mid-run, who tucks it under his arm and runs forward, towards the menacing faces of Waluigi and Wario, which the camera zooms in on for a bit. Mario jumps and launches off of their helmets one after another, like a series of platforms, as their unsuccessful tackles take their faces to the paint-marked grass. The end zone is in sight, and Mario smiles widely, before Bowser dropkicks him with great force.

A new down starts, mostly good guys vs. bad guys. It's now in gameplay footage, but with a special cinematic camera. Daisy (the quarterback for Mario's team) laterals the ball to Luigi, who fakes a run (narrowly avoiding Bowser Jr. and - Tatanga?????) before passing to Peach, who's not too far away. Peach gets almost gets tackled by Shy Guy, but she fortunately uses her Hyper Blitz, which rolls a bunch of peaches around her that trip up opposing players. There is then a compilation of Hyper Blitzes - Mario jumping onto a flagpole that just grew out of the ground and swinging off of it above the crowd, Luigi holding onto the poltergust as it sucks up a Greenie that holds the football (effectively leading them both to the endzone as they knock over anyone in their way), Paratroopa basically going into free flight and out of everyone's range, etc.

As all of the aformentioned characters' touchdown taunts are shown, the title appears: Mario Hyper Blitz!

Other footage of the game is shown after a few short words from the Nintendo Direct host. Multiplayer modes are given special attention, as well as the Career Mode, which features the character's Mii being on a custom team with players of their choice, which is coached by Chargin' Chuck!

The final shot of the trailer is again in CGI. A bunch of Boo referees are validating the weight of the ball, before they throw up a yellow flag. The camera pans to Luigi and Bowser Jr. The former says to the latter, "It's official size, but not official weight!" in his cartoon voice. The trailer ends, and we get a release date and more!

As expected, it's coming out in two months and already has the entire DLC roster planned out.
Sigh...

Mario Hyper Blitz marks the first time Mario and his pals shall partake in American Football! With that comes the new Mario Smash character, Chargin' Chuck!

Chargin' Chuck is an absolute powerhouse of a rushdown character whose hook is Halftime Show. Unlike other characters who get powerful as they increase in damage, Chargin' Chuck has a sweet spot of 40%-70% where he becomes faster and stronger. During the Halftime Show buffs, the crowd chants his name more often/with more enthusiasm and, if he manages to KO someone in this boosted state, there are way more cool effects that pop out of the blast zone and in the sky (fireworks, gatorade, #1 fingers, the whole shabang). After going past the 70% threshold, he returns to his normal state and any Halftime Show effects (gameplay or visual) end with a whistle blow.
Submit Chargin' Chuck's victory theme!

Submit Chargin Chuck's Final Smash!

Please vote here on Chuck's stage

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Victory theme: I'm kinda cheating with this one, but an original composition from Hyper Blitz

Final Smash: The Pile

A bunch of Chargin' Chucks build a pile in the middle of the stage - if you're trapped in it you'll be insta KO'd once the Final Smash ends, while if you'rd not caught in it the pile works like the ICs' giant icicle.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Chargin' Chuck Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Football
    • Chargin' Chuck pulls out a football which has similar properties to Banjo & Kazooie's Rear Egg - It bounces erratically and can be picked up and thrown like a regular item. However, it doesn't explode (obviously) and lasts much longer.
  • Side Special: Charge
    • Chargin' Chuck charges forwards with a shoulder ram. He has considerable super armor and deals high damage upon contact with an opponent, but has fixed knockback, limiting its kill potential in favor of being an approaching tool.
  • Up Special: Clappin' Chuck
    • Chargin' Chuck jumps upwards, clapping his hands above himself at the apex of the jump before ending freefall. Despite being a relatively poor recovery, the clap does deal insane damage and knockback to opponents hit by its sweetspot.
  • Down Special: Kick Bomb
    • Temporarily swapping to the other kind of football, Chargin' Chuck pulls out the Kick Bomb from the Bowser battles of Super Mario 3D World and kicks it forward, causing it to roll forwards and explode after a few seconds. As a special aesthetic detail, the Kick Bomb's explosion releases fireworks during the Halftime Show.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Chargin' Chuck's intro and taunts

Submit Chargin' Chuck's victory animations and clapping!

Submit 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Chargin' Chuck!

Submit Chargin' Chuck's Hyper Blitz stage!

This time around, the music choice will not need to be specified, as like my victory theme submission the stage will use an original composition from Hyper Blitz

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage: Hyper Pitch

This stage is bar-none the longest stage in the game, being slightly above the horizontal length of Pipe Maze/Great Cave Offensive - KO'ing off the side is borderline impossible - however, the upper blast zone, represented by a line of fireworks rather than being off-screen, is significantly low. There are a few Pokémon Stadium-style screens. It's also filled with ads for fictional sponsors. The team logo on the field is random from the many teams in Hyper Blitz. There are no platforms - the goal posts are untangible. Projectiles go further and higher on this stage.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Intro / Taunts
  • Intro: Chargin' Chuck runs through a banner depicting his emblem.
  • Up Taunt: Chargin' Chuck beats his chest.
  • Left Taunt: A red flag is thrown at Chargin' Chuck from off-screen, causing him to get angry.
  • Right Taunt: Chargin' Chuck flexes his muscle, grinning.
  • Down Taunt: Chargin' Chuck stomps the ground, being a small nod to the Sumo Bro.
Victory Animations
  • V1: Chargin' Chuck is hoisted into the air repeatedly by a team of other Chargin' Chucks. In a team match, Chuck's allies join the group.
  • V2: The Chargin' Chuck team pours (legally distinct) Gatorade on the player's Chargin' Chuck, with the latter striking a victorious pose afterward. In a team match, Chuck's allies join the group in pouring the Gatorade.
  • V3: Chargin' Chuck kicks a football through a football post, causing confetti to shoot out from the sides of the screen as a crowd is heard cheering.
  • V4: Chargin' Chuck flexes repeatedly.
  • Clapping: Chargin' Chuck holds his head in his hands, obviously not taking the loss well.
Alts:
All of these are basic color alts that I think would correspond to teams found in Hyper Blitz.
  1. Default
  2. Mario (Red/Blue)
  3. Luigi (Green/Blue)
  4. Peach (Pink/White)
  5. Daisy (Orange/Green)
  6. Bowser (Red/Black)
  7. Yoshi (White/Green)
  8. Donkey Kong (Brown/Red)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a new piece of content for Yoshi's Island (Melee)!

Please submit some form of modification or new content for the Yoshi's Island (Melee) stage! Note that this cannot directly change the gameplay of the stage, but you can add an extra alternate version if you desire to change gameplay.

Submit 20 pieces of cosmetics based on Square Enix properties!

Submit a new Wario or Yoshi stage and 1 song!
This can mean either, a stage from their games or a stage themed on them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yoshi's Island submission: Beta Yoshi's Island as an alternate stage form

The walls are destructible and the note blocks function as springs like the source material.

Stage: Wario Blast - Featuring Bomberman!

This is an a downwards scrolling stage in a light grey void with dark purple stone, the battlefield is actually a big purple rectangle of stone that you can hit to carve as you dig through. When you have I-frames, you will automatically destroy stone, meaning recovery platform clipping isn't an issue. Bomberman will occasionally drive by in front of the foreground to plant a bomb that's very powerful and carves a huge space. Due to the plain nature of the stage's background, the Omega/Battlefield/Ringout forms feature many Bombermen watching at stands like the Super Game Boy border.

Song: Wario Blast Medley (New Remix)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Cloud Wig
  2. Sephiroth Wig
  3. Black Mage Hat
  4. White Mage Hood
  5. Chocobo Hat
  6. Moogle Hat
  7. Cactuar Hat
  8. Erdrick Wig
  9. Luminary Wig
  10. Slime Hat
  11. Sora Wig
  12. Organization XIII Hood
  13. Neku Wig
  14. Crono Wig
  15. 2B Wig
  16. Space Invader Hat
  17. Materia Pattern
  18. Eight-Bit FF1 Party Trail
  19. KH Stained Glass Pattern
  20. Flowmotion Trail

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a finale conquest!

Submit a finale fighter and their hook!

Please submit a fighter to end the game on and their hook! This fighter should have some element of finality to them - maybe because they're funny, maybe because fans want them, maybe because they're historically significant, just make sure something about their inclusion is special.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Conquest:
Mario (Mario, animated rotating power-ups Mario hat) vs. Wario (Wario, animated rotating Wario Land power-ups hats)

Finale submission: Mario & Peach - Hook: Double Alt Costumes

The final fighter would bring SMSB to the end all good Mario stories have - the hero and his princess together. They would fight as a romantic team, a lot less slapstick and a lot more teamwork.

Mario & Peach's hook is that you can select two alt costumes independantly - one from Mario's alt list and another from Peach's. We would expand Peach's alt list with an extra 8 costumes if this submission went through.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Finale Fighter
Since this is the last fighter, I wanted to go in and do some blatant fanservice (not that kind); As cool as all the Mario DLC fighters have been, none of them really feel like “fan demand” picks aside from Koopa Troopa. Nothing wrong with this, but I wanted the final newcomer to be someone fans have been asking for for eons.

And across all my research, the consistent number one most-wanted Mario fighter in Smash (who isn’t named Waluigi or Geno) is… Paper Mario!

Frankly, I’m not too well-versed on Paper Mario, but I do think that he'd be a fairly popular character in the "SMSB Universe" when it comes to new fighters and deserving of being our final fighter. His hook would be Timed Hits - Rather than his smash attacks getting stronger the more they're charged, a small meter appears over his head as he charges. The attack would be at its strongest right when the meter fills up to its max, gradually becoming weaker if it's charged beyond that point. Of course, other Paper Mario partners (sans Vivian) could be a part of his moveset, and potentially a hook in their own right!

Again, I don't too much about this subseries. However, what I do know is that despite all the arguments across the several factions of its fanbase, people love Paper Mario, and I think the final DLC slot's the chance for him to end Super Mario Smash Bros. with a bang.

(not me writing a pitch for retro mario before remembering the pixelated perpetrator pack exists...)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will be resubmitting Cranky Kong one last time.

Cranky Kong

images.jpeg

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Therefore, I feel the best way to end the SMSB roster is by ending it with a character who came from the beginning. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Basically, I was thinking he can be a bit of a comic relief fighter. Each move involves him doing an action and gaining new voice lines about him talking about the old days throwing barrels and the liking. That’s what I’m thinking about for his hook.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
maybe because they're funny,
I read this, and it felt like a challenge. I felt as though I must take this to its logical extreme. So, here I am.

Finale Fighter: Pinball Mario (Mario Pinball Land)

Pinball Mario would be a lightweight who is a bit of a summoner in terms of pinball-like obstacles/bells and whistles, and his hook is ricochet - many of his moves have him launch himself at an opponent with a flipper or spring, and if it hits, Pinball Mario will ricochet off of that fighter with somewhat realistic physics.

Finally, Mario can be ballin' in Mario Smash.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
? Block

The ? Block is a highly iconic item from Mario. This block has limitless potential and can do many things

It's hook would be Power Up - Attacking ? Block has a chance for it to spawn an item regardless of if items are enabled or not, This can only be activated by teammates as well as some of ? Blocks attacks.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
? Block

The ? Block is a highly iconic item from Mario. This block has limitless potential and can do many things

It's hook would be Power Up - Attacking ? Block has a chance for it to spawn an item regardless of if items are enabled or not, This can only be activated by teammates as well as some of ? Blocks attacks.
I can see the reveal trailer now, the camera slowly zooms in on a question mark in a black void until the lights turn on and the ? block is just floating there

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
"This is it, Luigi."
Hotel Mario

Nice of the Super Mario Smash Bros. Crew to invite us to the final fighter submission, eh Luigi? If we are going with joke-y picks that also make sense as a climatic fighter, it's gotta be from Mario's most infamous joke of a game. His gimmick is simple, but it is CD-i Resolution; he appears basically as a sprite in all of his Microsoft paint glory. Hotel Luigi could also be a great alt.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
"This is it, Luigi."
Hotel Mario

Nice of the Super Mario Smash Bros. Crew to invite us to the final fighter submission, eh Luigi? If we are going with joke-y picks that also make sense as a climatic fighter, it's gotta be from Mario's most infamous joke of a game. His gimmick is simple, but it is CD-i Resolution; he appears basically as a sprite in all of his Microsoft paint glory. Hotel Luigi could also be a great alt.
I read this whole thing in the hotel mario voice and I think it’s best that way

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The final conquest has started!

Conquest:
Mario (Mario, animated rotating power-ups Mario hat) vs. Wario (Wario, animated rotating Wario Land power-ups hats)

Finale submission: Mario & Peach - Hook: Double Alt Costumes

The final fighter would bring SMSB to the end all good Mario stories have - the hero and his princess together. They would fight as a romantic team, a lot less slapstick and a lot more teamwork.

Mario & Peach's hook is that you can select two alt costumes independantly - one from Mario's alt list and another from Peach's. We would expand Peach's alt list with an extra 8 costumes if this submission went through.
Finale Fighter
Since this is the last fighter, I wanted to go in and do some blatant fanservice (not that kind); As cool as all the Mario DLC fighters have been, none of them really feel like “fan demand” picks aside from Koopa Troopa. Nothing wrong with this, but I wanted the final newcomer to be someone fans have been asking for for eons.

And across all my research, the consistent number one most-wanted Mario fighter in Smash (who isn’t named Waluigi or Geno) is… Paper Mario!

Frankly, I’m not too well-versed on Paper Mario, but I do think that he'd be a fairly popular character in the "SMSB Universe" when it comes to new fighters and deserving of being our final fighter. His hook would be Timed Hits - Rather than his smash attacks getting stronger the more they're charged, a small meter appears over his head as he charges. The attack would be at its strongest right when the meter fills up to its max, gradually becoming weaker if it's charged beyond that point. Of course, other Paper Mario partners (sans Vivian) could be a part of his moveset, and potentially a hook in their own right!

Again, I don't too much about this subseries. However, what I do know is that despite all the arguments across the several factions of its fanbase, people love Paper Mario, and I think the final DLC slot's the chance for him to end Super Mario Smash Bros. with a bang.

(not me writing a pitch for retro mario before remembering the pixelated perpetrator pack exists...)
I will be resubmitting Cranky Kong one last time.

Cranky Kong

View attachment 361325

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Therefore, I feel the best way to end the SMSB roster is by ending it with a character who came from the beginning. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Basically, I was thinking he can be a bit of a comic relief fighter. Each move involves him doing an action and gaining new voice lines about him talking about the old days throwing barrels and the liking. That’s what I’m thinking about for his hook.
I read this, and it felt like a challenge. I felt as though I must take this to its logical extreme. So, here I am.

Finale Fighter: Pinball Mario (Mario Pinball Land)

Pinball Mario would be a lightweight who is a bit of a summoner in terms of pinball-like obstacles/bells and whistles, and his hook is ricochet - many of his moves have him launch himself at an opponent with a flipper or spring, and if it hits, Pinball Mario will ricochet off of that fighter with somewhat realistic physics.

Finally, Mario can be ballin' in Mario Smash.
? Block

"This is it, Luigi."
Hotel Mario

1. Hotel Mario
  2. ? Block
  3. Pinball Mario
  4. Cranky Kong
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Mario & Peach
That's a lot of Mario variants... either way, get voting - and remember: this will be the final fighter, so make it count!

D

Deleted member

1. ? Block
2. Hotel Mario
3. Cranky Kong

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom