• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit cosmetics for Godzilla!

Please submit 20 pieces of cosmetic content for Godzilla (not including the Godzilla mouth hat, which is included by default) - you can have any distribution between hats/trails/patterns you want, you can use any Toho IP including non-kaiju IPs. King Kong is also elegible.

Submit two stages for Godzilla!

Please submit up to two stages for Godzilla!

Submit a conquest based on board games!
Not a licensed IP, just a general concept

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Board game: Snakes and Ladders vs. Chutes and Ladders

Stage: Tokyo Debris

Just like When Worlds Collide, this would be a competitive stage - this time with a layout akin to hazards off Castle Siege. This stage portrays fighters as giant (which there are already a few stages that do) upon a firey backdrop, the base platform is multple crushed skyscrapers and the soft platforms are helicopters (you stand on the blades, no wind or hitbox)

Monster Island

This is a flat walkoff, but features boss battles - a LOT of boss battles: Mothra, Ganimes, Bagan, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Kumonga all appear as enemies - defeat one and another will spawn. This stage is from a human size POV, not a kaiju size, which means Godzilla is abnormally small compared to the other kaiju (I didn't use Mechagodzilla since he could be saved as an alt, but I don't know enough about Godzilla to say if that would work)

D

Deleted member

Pagoda Destruction
Players fight on a classic Japanese style Pagoda. You can jump up to each level. Eventually a monster will appear, probably in a a battle with the Big G himself, and cuase destruction to the structure, cutting down the number of platforms you have. The monster can vary, though it doesn't change the effect. If Godzilla isn't in play then it will be him himself.

Mosura_trailer_-_Mothra_flying.png

Mothra's Flight
Players fight on top of Mothra herself as she flies though the air. Her wings will flap, so you have to move around a lot. Eventually Mothra will get into an air battle with a flying monster like Battra, Megaguirus or Rodan. This will cuase the stage to shake, as the players have to avoid attacks from the monster.

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Janx's moveset will be used

Please vote here for the board game conquest

I don't know nearly enough about Godzilla to confidently suggest any stages or cosmetics, but I do have a victory theme in mind since we're still lacking one - the ending of the theme from his HB cartoon (which Godzilla's design in SMSB is based on).

As a side note, my submission for Godzilla's FS is incorrectly credited to Janx_uwu.
Victory theme: The opening to the iconic Godzilla theme

I'll try and do cosmetics later
Please vote here for Godzilla's victory theme

Board game: Snakes and Ladders vs. Chutes and Ladders

Stage: Tokyo Debris

Just like When Worlds Collide, this would be a competitive stage - this time with a layout akin to hazards off Castle Siege. This stage portrays fighters as giant (which there are already a few stages that do) upon a firey backdrop, the base platform is multple crushed skyscrapers and the soft platforms are helicopters (you stand on the blades, no wind or hitbox)

Monster Island

This is a flat walkoff, but features boss battles - a LOT of boss battles: Mothra, Ganimes, Bagan, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Kumonga all appear as enemies - defeat one and another will spawn. This stage is from a human size POV, not a kaiju size, which means Godzilla is abnormally small compared to the other kaiju (I didn't use Mechagodzilla since he could be saved as an alt, but I don't know enough about Godzilla to say if that would work)

Pagoda Destruction
Players fight on a classic Japanese style Pagoda. You can jump up to each level. Eventually a monster will appear, probably in a a battle with the Big G himself, and cuase destruction to the structure, cutting down the number of platforms you have. The monster can vary, though it doesn't change the effect. If Godzilla isn't in play then it will be him himself.

View attachment 360810
Mothra's Flight
Players fight on top of Mothra herself as she flies though the air. Her wings will flap, so you have to move around a lot. Eventually Mothra will get into an air battle with a flying monster like Battra, Megaguirus or Rodan. This will cuase the stage to shake, as the players have to avoid attacks from the monster.
  1. Tokyo Debris
  2. Monster Island
  3. Pagoda Destruction
  4. Mothra's Flight
Please vote for your top 2.

Cosmetics will remain open.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Godzilla's taunts and intro!

Submit Godzilla's victory animations and clapping!

Submit 8, 16, or 24 alternate costumes for Godzilla!

Remember, Godzilla is using a composite design with elements of the standard Godzilla and the Hanna Barbera Godzilla - however, he will also be grey in his default costume, not green.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Tokyo Debris
  2. Pagoda Destruction
Big G victories: all Godzilla's foes are on a building in the distance instead of a square, and his allies are on his shoulder for team battles
  1. Godzilla breathes atomic breath into the sky
  2. Godzilla tears down NDC Hall
  3. Godzillla returns to the ocean
  4. Bowser tries to scare a Yoshi, but is himself scared away by Godzilla
  5. Clapping: Godzilla stomps his foot, which is the only thing visible in the frame (under normal conditions)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Tokyo Debris
  2. Pagoda Destruction

1. Mothra Hat
  2. Rodan Hat
  3. Anguirus Hat
  4. Baragon Hat
  5. Ghidorah Hat (has two Extra Heads)
  6. Mechagodzilla Hat
  7. Gigan Mask
  8. Hedorah Hat
  9. Megalon Mask
  10. Biollante Hat
  11. Minilla Hat
  12. Space Godzilla Hat
  13. Jet Jaguar Mask
  14. King Kong Mask
  15. Mechani-Kong Mask
  16. Godzooky Hat
  17. Atomic (Blue) fire trial
  18. Destroyed Buildings Trail
  19. Scales Pattern
  20. Mothra Wing Pattern

D

Deleted member

Entrance:
A small bundling appears on screen, which Godzilla smashes and roars

Taunts:
Up: Godzilla picks up an (empty) train and eats it
Right: Godzilla preforms his iconic roar
Left: A basketball hoop appears and Godzilla dunks a basketball
Down: Godzilla does a jolly dance

1. Default
  2. Green
  3. Black & White
  4. Mothra Colours
  5. Ghidorah Coulors
  6. Brown
  7. Space Godzilla Inspired (Red, Blue and White)
  8. NES Sprite Blue
  9. Burning Godzilla
  10. Snow Godzilla
  11. Tristar Godzilla (An inspired by costumes rather than a full model swap. Grey)
  12. Legendry Godzilla (An inspired by costume. Black and Blue)
  13. Goggles and Sneakers (Godzilla vs Barkley)
  14. Mecha Godzilla (an orignal desgin to fit with our Godzilla desgin. Would have some minor visual chnages and a unique announcer call)
  15. Jet Jaguar Colours Mecha Godzilla
  16. Gigan Colours Mecha Godzilla
I had a Shin costime but I felt it might be a little much.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Darkonedagger's taunts, comstics, alts and entrance will be used, as will my victories

1. Tokyo Debris = 7
  2. Monster Island = 4
  3. Pagoda Destruction = 3
  4. Mothra's Flight = 1
Tokyo Debris and Monster Island will be stages

The original Godzilla theme will be used as a victory

Please vote here in the conquest

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Godzilla's music!
Godzilla will come with 8 music tracks that will play on both stages, please submit those 8 tracks!

Submit a free set of alternate costumes
Please include between 5 and 15 new alt costumes - these can be for DLC if you want, but there must be a theme that ties together all the alts

Also I forgot yesterday's votes, I'll edit the previous post with the results and conquest shortly

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
New Alts:
  1. Mr. L (Luigi)
  2. Hammer Slam Bowser
  3. Aurora Rosalina
  4. Boshi (Yoshi)
  5. Wario Land 1 Wario (long sleeves, safari hat)
  6. Sonic Boom scarf/tape (Sonic)
    1. Not sure if alts for DLC characters are acceptable; I'll gladly axe this if it isn't eligble.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
1. Godzilla's Theme
2. Jet Jaguar's Theme (Godzilla vs. Megalon)
3. Love Theme (The Return of Godzilla)
4. Deeper Underground (Jamiroquai)
5. Godzilla (Blue Öyster Cult)
6. Main Title (King Kong Escapes)
7. Boss Theme (Super Godzilla)
8. San Francisco (Godzilla Unleashed. Double Smash)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chess wins

@Darkonedagger's music list will be used, HyperSomari's is disqualified due to its inclusion of Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla song, which as far as I know isn't a Toho sanctioned song.

I will submit my own alt costume list
Anthropomorphic pack - all of these are literal anthropomorphic animal (meat in the case of the Wa-girls) characters, not costumes.
  1. Dog Mario
  2. Cat Luigi
  3. Swan Peach
  4. Squirrel Daisy
  5. Peacock Rosalina & Seagull Luma
  6. Aye Aye E. Gadd
  7. Pig Wario
  8. Baboon Waluigi
  9. Sausage Warupichi and Eggs Warudaisi
  10. Owl Ashley
  11. Dolphin Jimmy T.
  12. Panda Penny
  13. Raccoon Captain Syrup
  14. Ant Baby Bros.
  15. Parrot Pauline
Ah, my bad! Let me try this again - For this theme, I'm going with "outdoor activities" - All costumes listed are from MK Tour unless stated.
  1. Sunshine Mario
  2. Vacation Luigi
  3. Egg Hunt Yoshi
  4. Sailor Daisy
  5. Hiker Wario

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a cosmetic pack based on any Nintendo IP!

Please submit 20 cosmetic items for any Nintendo IP you want! Note that EarthBound isn't elegible due to the conquest.

Submit a "philosophical" conquest!

Please submit a conquest that could in some way be interpreted as "deep" like "Love vs. Money" or "The Chicken or the Egg", please don't submit anything actually controversial, serious, or political in nature. Please also specify which sides Mario and Wario are on as well as the hats.

FazDude

Smash Master
Nintendo IP Cosmetics: Retro Games (this feels like cheating but we've already done cosmetics for all the ips i know well)
  1. Diskun hat
  2. ROB visor
  3. Professor Hector wig
  4. Balloon Fighter helmet
  5. Excitebiker helmet
  6. Mach Rider helmet
  7. Ice Climber parka hoodie
  8. IC Topi hat (censored version of course)
  9. Condor mouth hat
  10. Starman (Pro Wrestling) mask
  11. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) hat
  12. Urban Champion wig
  13. Sukapon head
  14. Little Mac wig
  15. King Hippo crown
  16. Ice Climber veggie pattern (non-customizable)
  17. Bubbles pattern (non-customizable)
  18. Mr. Game & Watch trail
  19. Excitebiker trail
  20. Doc Louis on bike trail
Deep Conquest: Love (Mario) vs. Money (Wario)
  • Love: Heart hat
  • Money: Money bag on head

D

Deleted member

Pikmin
  1. Oilmar Helmet
  2. Louie Helmet
  3. Alph Helmet
  4. Brittany Wig + Helmet
  5. Charile Wig + Helmet
  6. Red Pikmin Hat
  7. Blue Pikmin Hat
  8. Yellow Pikmin Hat
  9. Purple Pikmin Hat
  10. White Pikmin Hat
  11. Rock Pikman Hat
  12. Winged Pikmin Hat
  13. Bulborb Hat
  14. Wollywog Hat
  15. Burrowing Snagret Hat
  16. Smokey Progg Hat
  17. Plasm Wraith Hat
  18. Pikmin Trail
  19. Ghost Trail
  20. Flowers Pattern (non-customizable)
Conquest: Science (Wario. Mad scientist wig) vs Magic (Mario. Magicians Hat.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rhythm Heaven cosmetic pack
  1. Wrestler mask
  2. Reporter wig
  3. Chorus Kid mouth hat
  4. Yuka wig
  5. Monkey hat
  6. Transparent Fillbot mask
  7. Filled Fillbot mask
  8. Purple sunglasses monkey hat
  9. Clappy Trio wig
  10. Mako wig and pillow
  11. Widget mask
  12. Airboarder goggles
  13. Squadmate helmet
  14. DJ Yellow headphones
  15. 🗿 Kid mask
  16. Rhythm Tweezers Onion mask
  17. Spinning starburst pattern (animated, customisabls)
  18. Micro-Row trail
  19. Rat Race trail
  20. Karate Man debris trail

AlRex

Smash Lord
Philosophical: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Mario says “no” and has a tree growing out of his head that has a muted speaker 🔇 in it. Wario says “yes” and has a loud speaker on top of his head.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The outdoor activities skins will be released

Nintendo IP Cosmetics: Retro Games (this feels like cheating but we've already done cosmetics for all the ips i know well)
  1. Diskun hat
  2. ROB visor
  3. Professor Hector wig
  4. Balloon Fighter helmet
  5. Excitebiker helmet
  6. Mach Rider helmet
  7. Ice Climber parka hoodie
  8. IC Topi hat (censored version of course)
  9. Condor mouth hat
  10. Starman (Pro Wrestling) mask
  11. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) hat
  12. Urban Champion wig
  13. Sukapon head
  14. Little Mac wig
  15. King Hippo crown
  16. Ice Climber veggie pattern (non-customizable)
  17. Bubbles pattern (non-customizable)
  18. Mr. Game & Watch trail
  19. Excitebiker trail
  20. Doc Louis on bike trail
Deep Conquest: Love (Mario) vs. Money (Wario)
  • Love: Heart hat
  • Money: Money bag on head
Pikmin
  1. Oilmar Helmet
  2. Louie Helmet
  3. Alph Helmet
  4. Brittany Wig + Helmet
  5. Charile Wig + Helmet
  6. Red Pikmin Hat
  7. Blue Pikmin Hat
  8. Yellow Pikmin Hat
  9. Purple Pikmin Hat
  10. White Pikmin Hat
  11. Rock Pikman Hat
  12. Winged Pikmin Hat
  13. Bulborb Hat
  14. Wollywog Hat
  15. Burrowing Snagret Hat
  16. Smokey Progg Hat
  17. Plasm Wraith Hat
  18. Pikmin Trail
  19. Ghost Trail
  20. Flowers Pattern (non-customizable)
Conquest: Science (Wario. Mad scientist wig) vs Magic (Mario. Magicians Hat.)
Rhythm Heaven cosmetic pack
  1. Wrestler mask
  2. Reporter wig
  3. Chorus Kid mouth hat
  4. Yuka wig
  5. Monkey hat
  6. Transparent Fillbot mask
  7. Filled Fillbot mask
  8. Purple sunglasses monkey hat
  9. Clappy Trio wig
  10. Mako wig and pillow
  11. Widget mask
  12. Airboarder goggles
  13. Squadmate helmet
  14. DJ Yellow headphones
  15. 🗿 Kid mask
  16. Rhythm Tweezers Onion mask
  17. Spinning starburst pattern (animated, customisabls)
  18. Micro-Row trail
  19. Rat Race trail
  20. Karate Man debris trail
Please vote here for the final Nintendo cosmetic pack

Philosophical: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Mario says “no” and has a tree growing out of his head. Wario says “yes” and has a loud speaker on top of his head.
This one isn't elegible because there's already multiple tree hats. AlRex AlRex Please provide a new hat for the "no" answer.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a Mario or related series character, their hook, and a brand new game to base their moveset off of!

Shill pick time! Please submit an established Mario universe character, their hook, and a brief synopsis of a new game their inclusion would serve to promote and therefore allow us to build a moveset from! They don't need to be the protagonist of that game, just have a major role, and the game in question doesn't have to be some completely original concept (so "Mario Kart 9" or "Super Mario 64 Remastered" is completely fine) so long as there's some new concepts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cocomin

The intergalactic chef from the new WarioWare spin-off Crazy Galaxy! She's more of a supporter in the source material - in fact she's the only non-playable character of Ashley's gang - and makes special power up soup. The game is itself a Gradius-style shmup with a rhythm game element.

Cocomin's hook is soup recipies. She will get ingredients whenever she shields an attack and has the choice to make them into a soup to eat, make them into a soup to throw as a grenade, or throwing a single ingredient as a projectile - in team battles, she can heal her whole party by eating soup. If her shield breaks, she'll lose all her ingredients

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
It took me a while to think of a good submission, but I think I finally have something...

King Bob-Omb

The dynamite monarch of the Bob-Ombs is a recurring face in the Mario series, but in his latest game, King Bob-Omb: Explosive Conquest, he properly leads his army into battle against neighboring kingdoms in order to gain some more land. This is an RTS-style game, similarly to Age of Empires or the Warcraft series.

In SMSB, King Bob-Omb's hook is something I'm calling "Grab Detonator".
  • Like Rambi before him, King Bob-Omb cannot mash out of grabs and takes double their damage/knockback. Unlike Rambi, he can be grabbed as normal no matter what he's doing.
  • However, should King Bob-Omb be grabbed a certain amount of times in one stock, he will enter what I'm calling "Lit Mode", glowing red and gaining an increase in power and speed for the remainder of the stock. (I'd also imagine he gets a self-detonating ability in this form, but that's what the moveset job is for).
  • This leads to an interesting dilemma: Should King Bob-Omb's opponents exploit his weakness to grabs/throws while risking activating Lit Mode, or should they play it safe and whittle down the king with normal attacks as he bombards them with his own?

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
King Kut Out

"Guhhaha-Owughhghghg!" -King Kut Out, probably

What?!?! No one could have seen this coming! The King of (K)arboard returned, with his model of course, in Donkey Kong 64 Returns, A remake of 64 with notable graphical updates, new features, less frustrating gameplay (looking at you, racing minigames), and refreshed boss battles. King Kut Out's fight was much improved and expanded, which must have inspired the devs to make him a moveset concept.

Despite his looks, he's no clone of the heavyweight champion himself. His first gimmick is his appearance, which is of course Hand-made, with Cardboard, duct tape, and all. How does he move around? Simple: A Kremling is holding handles on the other side of the cutout, running along while puppeteering it to an exuberant degree. His appearance gimmick actually applies to his moveset gimmick as well. Being crude and homemade, the Kut Out is Tearable. After taking enough damage, his arms fall off and are able to be picked up and thrown around as items. This decreases his attack power but dramatically enhances his speed and mobility.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Presenting the latest classic game to receive a modern remake… Please take a look.

PAPER MARIO REFOLDED!

In this new reimagining of an old classic, revisit the beloved story and world of Paper Mario from the Nintendo 64, with brand new visuals on par with those of the latest Paper Mario entries! And as a very special promotional bonus, one of Mario’s faithful partners from the game will be making an appearance as a brand new fighter in the Super Mario Smash Bros game! Say hello to…

GOOMBARIO!
1663566016307.jpeg

Goombario joins the battle as a fighter with a few similarities to the Goomba fighter you already know and love. However, as a neat little hook, he is joined by Mario’s other partners for help in battle! And as another fun detail, Goombario has the Tattle ability available to him via his taunts, allowing him to recite fun information and comments about his opponents! We hope you have fun with Goomabrio, and look forward to the Paper Mario Refolded game for Nintendo [N E X T C O N S O L E]!

But wait! That’s not quite all!

Launching sometime after the Paper Mario Refolded game, there will be…

PAPER MARIO: THE THOUSAND YEAR DOOR REFOLDED!

And as a special treat to tide everyone over until it arrives, Goombario will have a very special alternate costume in the Super Mario Smash Bros. game!

GOOMBELLA!
1663566328617.jpeg

Featuring cameos from her respective partner allies instead, and having her own personal spin on the Tattle mechanic, it’s almost like getting two brand new fighters in one!

We hope you enjoy!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will be resubmitting Cranky Kong

Cranky Kong

C68B843E-391A-4F1E-96D8-23A9BD37D572.jpeg

Making a special appearance in the prequel to the original Donkey Kong game that will be a platformer, Donkey Kong: Origins! Cranky is here as the protagonist of the game telling his stories as a young ape and how he came to be evil towards Mario.

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Basically, I was thinking he can be a bit of a comic relief fighter. Each move involves him doing an action and gaining new voice lines about him talking about the old days throwing barrels and the liking. That’s what I’m thinking about for his hook.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Introducing a new Mario Sports title, from the developers that brought you Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Power Tennis...
Fans expect a trailer to start, but then they just see some DiC Mario footage.

Hey, Mario! Look what I made!

It's a stone, Luigi. You
didn't make it.

It's a football. I chiseled it!

Well, what are you waitin' for? Throw me a pass!

Mario goes long, and Luigi tosses it, just like in the original cartoon. However, a major difference is present - the football gets closer and closer to the camera until it takes up the entire view, and slowly transitions into a highly-textured 3D football. The camera then zooms out to show the football flying through a stadium filled with Toads, Koopas and more watching an American football game. The ball is caught by Mario mid-run, who tucks it under his arm and runs forward, towards the menacing faces of Waluigi and Wario, which the camera zooms in on for a bit. Mario jumps and launches off of their helmets one after another, like a series of platforms, as their unsuccessful tackles take their faces to the paint-marked grass. The end zone is in sight, and Mario smiles widely, before Bowser dropkicks him with great force.

A new down starts, mostly good guys vs. bad guys. It's now in gameplay footage, but with a special cinematic camera. Daisy (the quarterback for Mario's team) laterals the ball to Luigi, who fakes a run (narrowly avoiding Bowser Jr. and - Tatanga?????) before passing to Peach, who's not too far away. Peach gets almost gets tackled by Shy Guy, but she fortunately uses her Hyper Blitz, which rolls a bunch of peaches around her that trip up opposing players. There is then a compilation of Hyper Blitzes - Mario jumping onto a flagpole that just grew out of the ground and swinging off of it above the crowd, Luigi holding onto the poltergust as it sucks up a Greenie that holds the football (effectively leading them both to the endzone as they knock over anyone in their way), Paratroopa basically going into free flight and out of everyone's range, etc.

As all of the aformentioned characters' touchdown taunts are shown, the title appears: Mario Hyper Blitz!

Other footage of the game is shown after a few short words from the Nintendo Direct host. Multiplayer modes are given special attention, as well as the Career Mode, which features the character's Mii being on a custom team with players of their choice, which is coached by Chargin' Chuck!

The final shot of the trailer is again in CGI. A bunch of Boo referees are validating the weight of the ball, before they throw up a yellow flag. The camera pans to Luigi and Bowser Jr. The former says to the latter, "It's official size, but not official weight!" in his cartoon voice. The trailer ends, and we get a release date and more!

As expected, it's coming out in two months and already has the entire DLC roster planned out.
Sigh...

Mario Hyper Blitz marks the first time Mario and his pals shall partake in American Football! With that comes the new Mario Smash character, Chargin' Chuck!

Chargin' Chuck is an absolute powerhouse of a rushdown character whose hook is Halftime Show. Unlike other characters who get powerful as they increase in damage, Chargin' Chuck has a sweet spot of 40%-70% where he becomes faster and stronger. During the Halftime Show buffs, the crowd chants his name more often/with more enthusiasm and, if he manages to KO someone in this boosted state, there are way more cool effects that pop out of the blast zone and in the sky (fireworks, gatorade, #1 fingers, the whole shabang). After going past the 70% threshold, he returns to his normal state and any Halftime Show effects (gameplay or visual) end with a whistle blow.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Due to a 3-way tie, conquest voting will remain open

The retro cosmetic pack will be used

Cocomin

The intergalactic chef from the new WarioWare spin-off Crazy Galaxy! She's more of a supporter in the source material - in fact she's the only non-playable character of Ashley's gang - and makes special power up soup. The game is itself a Gradius-style shmup with a rhythm game element.

Cocomin's hook is soup recipies. She will get ingredients whenever she shields an attack and has the choice to make them into a soup to eat, make them into a soup to throw as a grenade, or throwing a single ingredient as a projectile - in team battles, she can heal her whole party by eating soup. If her shield breaks, she'll lose all her ingredients
It took me a while to think of a good submission, but I think I finally have something...

King Bob-Omb

The dynamite monarch of the Bob-Ombs is a recurring face in the Mario series, but in his latest game, King Bob-Omb: Explosive Conquest, he properly leads his army into battle against neighboring kingdoms in order to gain some more land. This is an RTS-style game, similarly to Age of Empires or the Warcraft series.

In SMSB, King Bob-Omb's hook is something I'm calling "Grab Detonator".
  • Like Rambi before him, King Bob-Omb cannot mash out of grabs and takes double their damage/knockback. Unlike Rambi, he can be grabbed as normal no matter what he's doing.
  • However, should King Bob-Omb be grabbed a certain amount of times in one stock, he will enter what I'm calling "Lit Mode", glowing red and gaining an increase in power and speed for the remainder of the stock. (I'd also imagine he gets a self-detonating ability in this form, but that's what the moveset job is for).
  • This leads to an interesting dilemma: Should King Bob-Omb's opponents exploit his weakness to grabs/throws while risking activating Lit Mode, or should they play it safe and whittle down the king with normal attacks as he bombards them with his own?
King Kut Out

"Guhhaha-Owughhghghg!" -King Kut Out, probably

What?!?! No one could have seen this coming! The King of (K)arboard returned, with his model of course, in Donkey Kong 64 Returns, A remake of 64 with notable graphical updates, new features, less frustrating gameplay (looking at you, racing minigames), and refreshed boss battles. King Kut Out's fight was much improved and expanded, which must have inspired the devs to make him a moveset concept.

Despite his looks, he's no clone of the heavyweight champion himself. His first gimmick is his appearance, which is of course Hand-made, with Cardboard, duct tape, and all. How does he move around? Simple: A Kremling is holding handles on the other side of the cutout, running along while puppeteering it to an exuberant degree. His appearance gimmick actually applies to his moveset gimmick as well. Being crude and homemade, the Kut Out is Tearable. After taking enough damage, his arms fall off and are able to be picked up and thrown around as items. This decreases his attack power but dramatically enhances his speed and mobility.
Presenting the latest classic game to receive a modern remake… Please take a look.

PAPER MARIO REFOLDED!

In this new reimagining of an old classic, revisit the beloved story and world of Paper Mario from the Nintendo 64, with brand new visuals on par with those of the latest Paper Mario entries! And as a very special promotional bonus, one of Mario’s faithful partners from the game will be making an appearance as a brand new fighter in the Super Mario Smash Bros game! Say hello to…

GOOMBARIO!
View attachment 361024

Goombario joins the battle as a fighter with a few similarities to the Goomba fighter you already know and love. However, as a neat little hook, he is joined by Mario’s other partners for help in battle! And as another fun detail, Goombario has the Tattle ability available to him via his taunts, allowing him to recite fun information and comments about his opponents! We hope you have fun with Goomabrio, and look forward to the Paper Mario Refolded game for Nintendo [N E X T C O N S O L E]!

But wait! That’s not quite all!

Launching sometime after the Paper Mario Refolded game, there will be…

PAPER MARIO: THE THOUSAND YEAR DOOR REFOLDED!

And as a special treat to tide everyone over until it arrives, Goombario will have a very special alternate costume in the Super Mario Smash Bros. game!

GOOMBELLA!
View attachment 361025

Featuring cameos from her respective partner allies instead, and having her own personal spin on the Tattle mechanic, it’s almost like getting two brand new fighters in one!

We hope you enjoy!
I will be resubmitting Cranky Kong

Cranky Kong

C68B843E-391A-4F1E-96D8-23A9BD37D572.jpeg

Making a special appearance in the prequel to the original Donkey Kong game that will be a platformer, Donkey Kong: Origins! Cranky is here as the protagonist of the game telling his stories as a young ape and how he came to be evil towards Mario.

Mario’s original rival. His whole hook involves talk not being cheap and his moveset being based around…well, his stories about his youth. Truly, I’m surprised Cranky is not in this game despite being one of the first ever Mario characters to chronologically make their debut. Plus, there’s not many older adults represented on the roster. Thus, Cranky Kong makes his talks worth it in a fight.

Basically, I was thinking he can be a bit of a comic relief fighter. Each move involves him doing an action and gaining new voice lines about him talking about the old days throwing barrels and the liking. That’s what I’m thinking about for his hook.
Introducing a new Mario Sports title, from the developers that brought you Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Power Tennis...
Fans expect a trailer to start, but then they just see some DiC Mario footage.

Hey, Mario! Look what I made!

It's a stone, Luigi. You
didn't make it.

It's a football. I chiseled it!

Well, what are you waitin' for? Throw me a pass!

Mario goes long, and Luigi tosses it, just like in the original cartoon. However, a major difference is present - the football gets closer and closer to the camera until it takes up the entire view, and slowly transitions into a highly-textured 3D football. The camera then zooms out to show the football flying through a stadium filled with Toads, Koopas and more watching an American football game. The ball is caught by Mario mid-run, who tucks it under his arm and runs forward, towards the menacing faces of Waluigi and Wario, which the camera zooms in on for a bit. Mario jumps and launches off of their helmets one after another, like a series of platforms, as their unsuccessful tackles take their faces to the paint-marked grass. The end zone is in sight, and Mario smiles widely, before Bowser dropkicks him with great force.

A new down starts, mostly good guys vs. bad guys. It's now in gameplay footage, but with a special cinematic camera. Daisy (the quarterback for Mario's team) laterals the ball to Luigi, who fakes a run (narrowly avoiding Bowser Jr. and - Tatanga?????) before passing to Peach, who's not too far away. Peach gets almost gets tackled by Shy Guy, but she fortunately uses her Hyper Blitz, which rolls a bunch of peaches around her that trip up opposing players. There is then a compilation of Hyper Blitzes - Mario jumping onto a flagpole that just grew out of the ground and swinging off of it above the crowd, Luigi holding onto the poltergust as it sucks up a Greenie that holds the football (effectively leading them both to the endzone as they knock over anyone in their way), Paratroopa basically going into free flight and out of everyone's range, etc.

As all of the aformentioned characters' touchdown taunts are shown, the title appears: Mario Hyper Blitz!

Other footage of the game is shown after a few short words from the Nintendo Direct host. Multiplayer modes are given special attention, as well as the Career Mode, which features the character's Mii being on a custom team with players of their choice, which is coached by Chargin' Chuck!

The final shot of the trailer is again in CGI. A bunch of Boo referees are validating the weight of the ball, before they throw up a yellow flag. The camera pans to Luigi and Bowser Jr. The former says to the latter, "It's official size, but not official weight!" in his cartoon voice. The trailer ends, and we get a release date and more!

As expected, it's coming out in two months and already has the entire DLC roster planned out.
Sigh...

Mario Hyper Blitz marks the first time Mario and his pals shall partake in American Football! With that comes the new Mario Smash character, Chargin' Chuck!

Chargin' Chuck is an absolute powerhouse of a rushdown character whose hook is Halftime Show. Unlike other characters who get powerful as they increase in damage, Chargin' Chuck has a sweet spot of 40%-70% where he becomes faster and stronger. During the Halftime Show buffs, the crowd chants his name more often/with more enthusiasm and, if he manages to KO someone in this boosted state, there are way more cool effects that pop out of the blast zone and in the sky (fireworks, gatorade, #1 fingers, the whole shabang). After going past the 70% threshold, he returns to his normal state and any Halftime Show effects (gameplay or visual) end with a whistle blow.
  1. Chargin Chuck
  2. Cranky Kong
  3. Goombario
  4. King Bob-Omb
  5. King Kut Out
  6. Cocomin
Please vote for your top 3

Top Bottom