• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Pipe Maze layout will be used
Mario Bros. House (Paper Mario)

Surprised this one isn't in yet. Appears in Color Splash, with variations appearing in just about every Mario RPG.
  1. Peasley
  2. Shroob

Choco Island

This is basically a reskin of Mute City SNES. You can stand on the karts' seats and wheels.
  1. #KiddySweep
  2. Peasley
Stage 1: Forest Maze (SMRPG)
View attachment 356572

Kinda surprised this isn’t a stage yet - I’d imagine it’d have a fairly simple layout despite the name.

Might update this with a second stage and Pipe Maze layout when I’m on PC.
Trampoline Time

This stage is vertically shaped - trampolines will be added in random places with random lengths at random times, trampolines are soft platforms and can be stood on, you can jump off them for extra height of course
View attachment 356573
Since we only got 1 more than expected, and I'm the only one to have submitted 2, we'll do a vote on which of my stages will be added, while Forest Maze and Mario's House get in by default.

1. Classic Clasher
  2. Kalypso = 1
  3. Kiddy Kong = 5
  4. Princess Shroob = 5
  5. Prince Peasley = 9
Do not scoff, Prince Peasley has joined the roster as Marth's clone! Jobs relating to him and the two new stages will open shortly

Tomorrow we'll do the final base game newcomer; followed by a filler job relating to grabs and throws; that newcomer's content, and then we'll finally finish off victories, statues, unlock conditions e.t.c. before shifting into DLC mode.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Prince Peasley's differences from Marth!

Submit Prince Peasley's Final Smash!

Submit Prince Peasley's animations!

Please submit 4 taunts and/or 4 victory animations for Prince Peasley

Submit Prince Peasley's alt costumes!
Please submit either 8 or 16 alt costumes for Prince Peasley!

Submit music for Mario Bros' House and/or Forest Maze!
Please submit 4 music tracks for Mario Bros' House and/or Pipe Maze!

Submit a layout for Mario Bros' House!

Submit a layout for Forest Maze!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Forest Maze
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (New Remix) - Super Mario RPG
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (New Remix V2)
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (New Remix V3)
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (New Remix V4)

Lost Kingdom gets NSMBW Forest (New Remix), Painted Swampland gets Unsettling Area Battle

Mario Bros. House
March Ahead
Mario's House
SM64 Castle Ambience
Super Pipe House

Paper Mario gets Paper Mario Medley (New Remix)

House layout
6648FA85-29AB-43C5-8C88-0FF1C9F4C8E7.jpeg

This is the interior. The red walls/floors are destructable in a similar manner to ringout walls - right is a door, left is a window, up is the entrance to the attic, and down is the entrance to the basement - KOing through the window or attic creates a light that makes it hard to see; while KOing through the door or basement covers the stage in little birds or scuttlebugs respectively that swarm the stage and deal damage. The big block is a table

Forest Maze would be a Delfino's Secret esque competitive stage - its main difference from Delfino is that the middle platform doesn't move, only the two platforms around it, also there will always be exactly 3 platforms at a time, the platforms never disappear or combine into one. When moving, the moving platforms have a golden glow as if they're being possessed by stars - the idle platform is a natural and messy-looking part of a tree while the moving platforms have a more refined look, like polished-up wood meant to be played with.

His down B makes him stroke his hair with a shine as Torgo suggested in her original submission

When he dashes, he flies on his flying bean - he doesn't do so when walking however

Since he'll likely be the roster's only sword user, he has no tipper like Lucina

Taunts
  1. Up: Holds up his sword, much like Marth
  2. Back: Pats himself on the back, a lot like Dr. Mario's old taunt
  3. Side: Presents and throws a yellow rose
  4. Down: Takes a bow

Victories:
All of Peasley's victories have a Sailor Moon style abstract background
  1. Peasley gracefully throws a yellow rose to the side in slow-mo, surrounding himself with petals
  2. Peasley plants his sword in the ground and strokes his hair
  3. Peasley jabs with his sword towards the screen rapidly, and then spins before the graceful final hit
  4. Peasley stands atop his flying bean, pointing his sword to direct it
Final Smash: Timed Hit
Peasley will jab a foe with his sword, much like the infamous scene with Luigi, and the player will be prompted to press buttons to increase damage - it begins slow but eventually becomes so fast you'd never be able to press every button correctly without a TAS (though the hits are still powerful if you do nothing)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit the final newcomer!

Please submit a newcomer! No rules this time aside from no previously disconfirmed characters.

Submit music for Trampoline Time!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Trampoline Time! You may want to move over SMS Secret Course from Delfino's Secret

Submit a completion bonus!
Since we're completing the game ourselves, we may as well submit a bonus for players completing the game! When I say this, I mean clearing Big Top Brawl; Adventure; and All-Star with all characters. This can be anything other than a character or unique stage - a skin or set of skins? sure! a mode? why not! a variant stage or set of variant stages? Go ahead! A powerful item or ally contact? Why not?

DLC Plans
The current plan for DLC is to have 11 characters - 6 guests, 1 of which is a Smash veteran and pre-order bonus, while the other 5 are non-video game characters; and 5 Mario characters - base game disconfirmed characters will be elegible but all Mario newcomers need to have a hook, this isn't necessarily a gimmick, just a small thing that makes them distinct from other fighters - this could be as complex as a unique mechanic or as simple as just having alt costumes with unique animations, that being said it must either be something never done before in Smash or a greater exploration of a concept previously used in Smash (for example, you can't reuse the ICs' gimmick, but if you want to make a duo fighter who have different attacks when split compared to together that would be considered a hook)

Nintendo series will be represented through DLC cosmetics.

Guest characters will come with 2 stages and 8 songs - those 8 songs can all be played on both stages. Mario newcomers will not come with new stages, but we may do Mario-themed DLC stages - if we do so, then those stages can share songs with base game stages without having to move anything over and will probably have 4 songs (though this may change if we add a form of music customisation in the current job)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Trampoline Time
SMS Bonus
Minigame Menu
Big Ape City
Trampoline (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games)

Delfino’s Secret gets SMS Bonus (New Remix)

Final newcomer: Koopa Paratroopa

Dude's earned it! I feel Paratroopa would be a more interesting character with his extra air mobility and wings serving as extra hands to slap with - perhaps his wings could fall off with a certain amount of damage as a sort of reverse-Rage

Completion bonus: My Music

Put any song on any stage! Want to recreate the epic DKC2 battle with Crocodile Cacophony on Airship? meld old and new with 25M BGM on New Donk City Hall? Juxtapose Super Happy Tree against some kickass metal? Transform Luigi's Mansion into Ashley's mansion? You can do all that and more! There's three settings for My Music once unlocked: Off, Classic (set a playlist of songs to change the variables of like Brawl through Ultimate), and New (set exactly 4 songs and assign them to a shoulder button) - songs that are only used in Adventure Mode or menus are avaliable too, and you can modify the menus; multi-man modes; and Smash Race stages to your liking!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MCBallyhoo.png

MC Ballyhoo & Big Top
A playable Mario Party character could be really fun. They could have a moveset that uses various minigames and Mario Party elements. The contrast between the quiet and soft-spoken Big Top and the over the top Ballyhoo would lead to some fun animations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I know I've had an extended absence from the thread, but who would I be to not partake in the final newcomer job?
Princess Shokora (Wario Land)

(I am fairly certain this fanart was created by a deleted Tubmlr user named Cloveochai, but if not please let me know!)
After learning of her existence in a Wario Land newcomer job way back when, Princess Shokora has become my favorite princess from the Mario universe!
She is a shapeshifter who takes many forms, including a cat, a stick person, a giant disembodied hand, and even a princess variant of Wario!
Maybe not "big, epic, final reveal" material, but all the same she would be very cool!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Peasley alts
  1. Default
  2. Baked beans (orange skin; white and green clothes)
  3. Kidney beans (red skin; brunette hair; black and brown clothes)
  4. Purple bean (Dark purple skin; green hair; dark pink and black clothes)
  5. Cranberry & apple jelly bean (Red skin with green spots; orange hair; yellowish orange and blue clothes)
  6. Candy floss jelly bean (Pink skin with purple spots; hot pink hair; green and white clothes)
  7. Prince Dreambert colours (pale skin; red hair; red and yellow clothes)
  8. Peach colours (pale skin; blue eyes; pink and dark pink clothes with blue jewel)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Completion Bonus: Rudy The Clown

After copmpleting Super Mario Smash Bros, a multiplayer mode-only cheat code is given to you out of context (which does not work if you have not completed the game, so you can't just look it up or anything). When the match starts, rather than playing as your selected character, you'll be fighting as Rudy The Clown! He'll appear in the background as he does in Big Top Brawl, except certain actions with the controller activate his different attacks - like with the playable Master Hand at the end of World of Light, you'll have to experiment for a bit to figure out what does what. Rudy isn't a traditional character, so you can't play as him outside of the main multiplayer mode, he does not have a Final Smash or alt costumes, and the results screen is just the character you selected before the match began.
Oh yeah, and he's the best character in the game without a doubt. Banned from most competitive tournaments within Day 1. Also, if two players do the cheat code they both appear as the characters they normally selected.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace

Mad Piano

The KING of "Top 10 creepiest things in Nintendo games" videos. Mad Piano strikes a chord! It's obscure enough to be a shock, but well-known enough for people to know what it is. Smash Remix has already shown that it can work in Smash, so let's get this petrifying piano into Mario Smash.

Resubmitting Mad Piano from the very start of the thread. I missed all the jobs that it would be eligible for, but I really want this thing in. It has really great moveset potential and I feel like Smash Remix did it dirty by making it a boss.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Katsini
See the source image

This well dressed fellow is Katsini, the first boss in the SNES version of Wario's Woods. We don't technically have a puzzle games rep and so I think this really obscure character would be a good pick. He could use moves based on Wario's Woods as well as moves based on stage magic in general. I don't think he has been officially called a magician before but look at him, he looks like a magician. We do already have Ashley and Kamek as magicians but I think his moveset could be very different with things like saws, doves and smoke bombs which users of actual magic would not tend to use

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Peasley alts and Trampoline music wins by default

FazDude's Forest Maze music will be used.

Completion bonus: My Music

Put any song on any stage! Want to recreate the epic DKC2 battle with Crocodile Cacophony on Airship? meld old and new with 25M BGM on New Donk City Hall? Juxtapose Super Happy Tree against some kickass metal? Transform Luigi's Mansion into Ashley's mansion? You can do all that and more! There's three settings for My Music once unlocked: Off, Classic (set a playlist of songs to change the variables of like Brawl through Ultimate), and New (set exactly 4 songs and assign them to a shoulder button) - songs that are only used in Adventure Mode or menus are avaliable too, and you can modify the menus; multi-man modes; and Smash Race stages to your liking!
Completion Bonus: Rudy The Clown

After copmpleting Super Mario Smash Bros, a multiplayer mode-only cheat code is given to you out of context (which does not work if you have not completed the game, so you can't just look it up or anything). When the match starts, rather than playing as your selected character, you'll be fighting as Rudy The Clown! He'll appear in the background as he does in Big Top Brawl, except certain actions with the controller activate his different attacks - like with the playable Master Hand at the end of World of Light, you'll have to experiment for a bit to figure out what does what. Rudy isn't a traditional character, so you can't play as him outside of the main multiplayer mode, he does not have a Final Smash or alt costumes, and the results screen is just the character you selected before the match began.
Oh yeah, and he's the best character in the game without a doubt. Banned from most competitive tournaments within Day 1. Also, if two players do the cheat code they both appear as the characters they normally selected.
Please vote here for the completion bonus

Final newcomer: Koopa Paratroopa

Dude's earned it! I feel Paratroopa would be a more interesting character with his extra air mobility and wings serving as extra hands to slap with - perhaps his wings could fall off with a certain amount of damage as a sort of reverse-Rage
View attachment 356681
MC Ballyhoo & Big Top
A playable Mario Party character could be really fun. They could have a moveset that uses various minigames and Mario Party elements. The contrast between the quiet and soft-spoken Big Top and the over the top Ballyhoo would lead to some fun animations.
Final Fighter: Kiddy Kong

#KiddySweep
I know I've had an extended absence from the thread, but who would I be to not partake in the final newcomer job?
Princess Shokora (Wario Land)

(I am fairly certain this fanart was created by a deleted Tubmlr user named Cloveochai, but if not please let me know!)
After learning of her existence in a Wario Land newcomer job way back when, Princess Shokora has become my favorite princess from the Mario universe!
She is a shapeshifter who takes many forms, including a cat, a stick person, a giant disembodied hand, and even a princess variant of Wario!
Maybe not "big, epic, final reveal" material, but all the same she would be very cool!
Donkey Kong Jr.
View attachment 356682

I think there should be a character to represent Mario’s arcade roots, and this guy deserves to come back after only appearing as a sprite for so long
Broque Monsieur

Since Kiddy has already been submitted, I think that this guy from the RPG series would be a fun rep, especially if he uses Broggy in his moveset.

Mad Piano

The KING of "Top 10 creepiest things in Nintendo games" videos. Mad Piano strikes a chord! It's obscure enough to be a shock, but well-known enough for people to know what it is. Smash Remix has already shown that it can work in Smash, so let's get this petrifying piano into Mario Smash.

Resubmitting Mad Piano from the very start of the thread. I missed all the jobs that it would be eligible for, but I really want this thing in. It has really great moveset potential and I feel like Smash Remix did it dirty by making it a boss.
Final Fighter

Tumble

View attachment 356763

We do not really have a rep for Mario Party so why not have him to represent the series? He can have a fun moveset with dice, coins, Mario Party items as a gimmick, etc. A super fun character who has been forgotten about for quite some time.
Katsini
See the source image

This well dressed fellow is Katsini, the first boss in the SNES version of Wario's Woods. We don't technically have a puzzle games rep and so I think this really obscure character would be a good pick. He could use moves based on Wario's Woods as well as moves based on stage magic in general. I don't think he has been officially called a magician before but look at him, he looks like a magician. We do already have Ashley and Kamek as magicians but I think his moveset could be very different with things like saws, doves and smoke bombs which users of actual magic would not tend to use
  1. Katsini
  2. Tumble
  3. Mad Piano
  4. Broque Monsieur
  5. Donkey Kong Jr.
  6. Princess Shokora
  7. #KiddySweep
  8. MC Ballyhoo and Big Top
  9. Koopa Paratroopa
Please vote for your top 4 - 1 gives 3 points, 2 and 3 both give 2 points, and 4 gives 1.

D

Deleted member

1. DK. Jr
2. Paratroopa
3. #KiddySweep
4. Mad Piano

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My throws will be used.

My Music will be the completion bonus

1. Tumble = 2
  2. Broque Monsieur = 2
  3. Katsini = 3
  4. MC Ballyhoo and Big Top = 6
  5. Donkey Kong Jr. = 7
  6. Koopa Paratroopa = 11
  7. #KiddySweep = 12
  8. Princess Shokora = 13
  9. Mad Piano = 13
We have a tie! Princess Shokora and the Mad Piano! Since he was one vote off, I'll also add Kiddy Kong to the tiebreaker.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit unlock criteria for stages!

Due to the sheer number of stages (a kiddilion maybe?), I'll be handling this a unique, somewhat authoritarian way: I will not be submitting for this round, but I will be choosing my favourite submissions myself and then rounding out any stages without (elegible) submissions with my own - please do not include "Play X number of rounds" unlocks, as - like fighters in other Smash games - I will choose the order of unlocks based on varying factors including the difficulty of the submitted criteria; tournament legality; darkness or beauty of the aesthetic; and obscurity of the source material. That being said, something like "Play X number of rounds as Fighter Y" or "Play X number of rounds on stage Z" is fine. Fighter unlocks will be handled in a more traditional manner.

The unlockable stages are...
  1. Mushroom Underground
  2. Mushroom Underwater
  3. Mushroom Bowser
  4. Mushroom Athletic
  5. Mushroom Kingdom 2
  6. Wart's Throne
  7. Mushroom Kingdom 3
  8. Stage Play
  9. Pipe Maze
  10. Skies of Sarasaland
  11. Mario Zone
  12. Tiny-Huge Island
  13. Meta Crystal
  14. Delfino's Secret
  15. Trampoline Time
  16. Star Festival
  17. Clock Tower
  18. Painted Swampland
  19. Frozen Glacier
  20. Great Tower of Bowser Land
  21. Super Mario Maker
  22. Tostarena
  23. Lost Kingdom
  24. Ruined Kingdom
  25. Bowser's Kingdom
  26. Lake Lapcat
  27. Yoshi Valley
  28. Cheese Land
  29. Waluigi Pinball
  30. Wario's Gold Mine
  31. Maple Tree
  32. Block Fort
  33. Peach's Birthday Cake
  34. Western Land
  35. Burnstile
  36. Minecart Tunnel Throwdown
  37. Pyropuff Peak
  38. The Vice
  39. Marion Clubhouse
  40. Mario Stadium
  41. Mario Paint
  42. Mundane Mansion
  43. Mario Bros. House
  44. Lineland Road
  45. Stickers
  46. Inside Bowser
  47. Luigi's Dream World
  48. Forest Maze
  49. Smithy's Factory
  50. Christmas Village
  51. Mario Bros.
  52. Mario Clash
  53. Wrecking Crew
  54. Mario's Cement Factory
  55. Kongo Falls
  56. Millstone Mayhem
  57. Gangplank Galleon
  58. Lockjaw's Locker
  59. Bramble Blast
  60. DK Rap Studios
  61. Boxing Ring
  62. Jungle Hijinxs
  63. Sunset Shore
  64. Homecoming Hijinxs
  65. Rumble Falls
  66. Timber's Island
  67. Rapheal's Moon
  68. Baby Bowser's Castle
  69. Descent
  70. Woolly World
  71. Mario & Yoshi
  72. Yoshi's Safari
  73. 9-Volt's Game Boy
  74. Demonic Dinner
  75. Music Box World
  76. Arabian Night
  77. Mushroomy Kingdom
  78. Mushroomy Underground
  79. Construction Site
  80. Mario Brothers Plumbing
  81. The World
  82. Dinohattan Police Chase
  83. Wrong Warp
  84. Kamek Con
  85. Fiendish Floats
  86. Waluigi's Ego Trip
  87. Skipsqueak Cage
  88. Koopa Warehouse
  89. Club Toad
  90. Wuhu Island

Discussion: Should Kongo Falls get a DKC3 makeover?

Even if we don't add Kiddy, I feel this is worth discussing - all this would change is putting a big "FUNKY'S RENTALS" sign on the log cabin and adding a barely-visible K. Rool castle in the back - perhaps we could also change the rock to a jammed hovercraft or add a hidden Squirt cameo, but I'm not sure on that.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
  • The World: Play at least 1 match on every other stage you have unlocked.
  • Club Toad: Visit the music page.
  • Mushroomy Underground: Scroll to the end of Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Wrong Warp: Scroll to the warp zone in Mushroomy Underground
  • Boxing Ring: Win a 1v1 match against a level 9 King K. Rool as any Kong
  • Mario Pant: Make a custom color with a pattern in every slot
  • Arabian Night: Change the game's language to Japanese and play on Mushroom Kingdom 2. I don't know what the unlock condition would be in the Japanese version but I just thought this would be funny.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Christmas Village: Play at least 1 round of every multiplayer mode.
Skies of Sarsaland: Be KO'd from the top blast zone of Sarsaland GB.
Clock Tower: Leave the game on for an hour.
Waluigi's Ego Trip: Play as Waluigi 5 continuous times in any mode. Wah!
Kamek Con: Play a match where everyone is wearing a hat.
Inside Bowser: As Bowser, KO an opponent (and yourself) with Flying Slam.
Super Mario Maker: Build a stage in Stage Builder.
Wario's Gold Mine: Collect 300 coins in Wario's Castle.
Mario Stadium: KO 4 opponents with a mix of throws and meteor smashes.
Jungle Hijinx: Get a star KO.
Mario Clash: Get a screen KO.
DK Rap Studios: KO an opponent with Coconut Gun.
Peach's Birthday Cake: Heal 20% in any given match with food items.
9-Volt's Game Boy: Let time run out on Sarsaland GB.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Wuhu Island: Complete an adventure mode route with a Mii head enabled
Pyropuff Peak: Complete Rudy's Big Top Brawl with Captain Toad
Yoshi's Safari: Win a Duo battle playing as Yoshi, with Mario as your partner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom