• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vote on returning ally contacts!
Please vote on which ally contacts will return! Please note that this will disconfirm that character for the remainder of base game, but not for DLC

Submit an ally contact that is itself hardware!

Please submit an ally contact based on hardware! This doesn't have to be Mario-related, but it also must not have any explicit branding of another series (The Hey You Pikachu microphone is on the table, but not the PokéWalker) - this can be a toy

Submit an ally contact from Mario Kart!

Yep, a double day for allies! Please submit an ally contact based on Mario Kart to go alongside Robo-Mario! This doesn't need to be a character, it can also be an inanimate object or piece of level scenery/geometry. If desired, the Spiny Shell can be submtted to replace its item counterpart.

Submit music for Pipe Maze!

Since both of these submissions have virtually the same location, we'll be doing the music in advance,

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

FazDude

Smash Master
Mario Kart Ally: Thunder Cloud
1657641061214.png

When summoned, the Thunder Cloud will begin hovering over the summoner's head. Once the summoner attacks an opponent, the Thunder Cloud moves over to them, where the opponent can change ownership the same way. After a few seconds, the Thunder Cloud strikes its current owner with lightning, shrinking them.

Hardware Item: Virtual Boy
1657641196796.png

When summoned, the Virtual Boy flies around the stage (don't ask how), latching onto opponents' faces and assaulting them with the... unique visuals of its library. It's essentially a reskinned Metroid.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart Ally: Boss Bass

While he appears in many Mario Titles, many remember being absolutely traumatized by this big lad from Banshee Boardwalk. He jumps from off stage and does flopping leaps in arcs across the stage.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Mario Kart Ally:
06AB07C2-730E-4A11-9BD9-E7E644327C42.jpeg

Traffic
Remember how Porygon worked in Melee? Imagine that but it’s a freaking car suddenly popping up and running you down! It comes in three color variants but it’s purely cosmetic.

Hardware Ally:
Now, I don’t know if this will count, but I still think the idea is interesting anyway. I don’t mind if it doesn’t qualify…
5DB3B37C-3C4B-4EFF-98FC-A76A0D6D20CF.jpeg

Photos With Mario
This assist spawns in an AR Card featuring a picture of a random playable character. The Card shines as a model of that character rises into existence, and they… just kinda stand there and pose for pictures. But they aren’t useless! Character models will counterattack you with one of their smash attacks if you attack them! They don’t discriminate- they’ll counter anyone and anything, and nobody is immune to them without invincibility.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hardware ally: Dance Pad

The pad flies around and will eventually go underneath people. When it goes underneath someone they’ll go into a rhythm game mode where if they can’t press a button in time they’ll take a bit of damage

If this isn’t eligible since it’s too similar to DDR branded products please tell me

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude's Pipe Maze concept wins, as does my music. The layout will be done on Friday

All 3 ally contacts will return

Referee Lakitu

If you get KO'd, Referee Lakitu will pick you up, no stocks lost and extra I frames!

Link Cable

Stretches out to the left and right of the stage, in front of the foreground - magically, the fighter count will be doubled! Only appears with 4 or less fighters of course.
Mario Kart Ally: Thunder Cloud
View attachment 356422

When summoned, the Thunder Cloud will begin hovering over the summoner's head. Once the summoner attacks an opponent, the Thunder Cloud moves over to them, where the opponent can change ownership the same way. After a few seconds, the Thunder Cloud strikes its current owner with lightning, shrinking them.

Hardware Item: Virtual Boy
View attachment 356423
When summoned, the Virtual Boy flies around the stage (don't ask how), latching onto opponents' faces and assaulting them with the... unique visuals of its library. It's essentially a reskinned Metroid.
Mario Kart Ally: Boss Bass

While he appears in many Mario Titles, many remember being absolutely traumatized by this big lad from Banshee Boardwalk. He jumps from off stage and does flopping leaps in arcs across the stage.
Mario Kart Ally:
View attachment 356446
Traffic
Remember how Porygon worked in Melee? Imagine that but it’s a freaking car suddenly popping up and running you down! It comes in three color variants but it’s purely cosmetic.

Hardware Ally:
Now, I don’t know if this will count, but I still think the idea is interesting anyway. I don’t mind if it doesn’t qualify…
View attachment 356447
Photos With Mario
This assist spawns in an AR Card featuring a picture of a random playable character. The Card shines as a model of that character rises into existence, and they… just kinda stand there and pose for pictures. But they aren’t useless! Character models will counterattack you with one of their smash attacks if you attack them! They don’t discriminate- they’ll counter anyone and anything, and nobody is immune to them without invincibility.
Hardware ally: Dance Pad

The pad flies around and will eventually go underneath people. When it goes underneath someone they’ll go into a rhythm game mode where if they can’t press a button in time they’ll take a bit of damage

If this isn’t eligible since it’s too similar to DDR branded products please tell me
Hardware:
  1. Dance Mat
  2. Link Cable
  3. Photos wih Mario
  4. Virtual Boy

Mario Kart:
  1. Traffic
  2. Boss Bass
  3. Thunder Cloud
  4. Referee Lakitu
Please vote for your top 2 of each. Note that voting for VB will disconfirm it from being a hat

1. Ukiki
  2. Nabbit = 4
  3. Koopa Troopa = 5
  4. Rabbid Peach = 6
Rabbid Peach joins the battle!

Her jobs will open shortly

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a moveset for Rabbid Peach!

Please submit a moveset for Rabbid Peach! This can be based on Mario + Rabbids, or the entire Rabbids franchise.

Submit a Final Smash for Rabbid Peach!

Please submit a Final Smash for Rabbid Peach! This can also be based on Mario + Rabbids or the entire Rabbids franchise

Submit animations for Rabbid Peach!

Please submit 4 taunts and/or 4 victory animations for Rabbid Peach!

Submit alt costumes for Rabbid Peach!

Please submit 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Rabbid Peach. These can be Rabbid versions of other characters so long as there isn't an official Rabbid equivalent to them, they can also take from non-Mario Rabbids games. A generic Rabbid will be an elegible alt, but do try to consider that no alts will have unique animations.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rabbid Peach victories
  1. Rabbid Peach takes a selfie, this is from the phone camera's POV
  2. The Mario + Rabbids Rabbid squad try to do an epic pose, but Rabbid Peach is dancing around and trying to get attention - they try to hold in their embarassment
  3. A timelapse of other Rabbids building a trash throne on top of a shopping kart for Rabbid Peach - it ends with Rabbid Peach smugly sitting next to the moon.
  4. Rabbid Peach does a 70s disco style dance with a group of generic Rabbids

Rabbid Peach taunts
  1. Up: the iconic Rabbid plunger DAAAAAAAAH!
  2. Side: Rabbid Peach holds out her hands and twirls
  3. Down: Rabbid Peach flosses
  4. Back: Rabbid Peach gets hit by a flying white fist from off-screen

FazDude

Smash Master
Rabbid Peach Moveset
I wanted to combine a zoner playstyle (which is essentially what Rabbid Peach has in the M+R games) with the sheer absurdity of the Rabbids games.
  • Neutral Special: Blaster
    • Rabbid Peach locks onto a target (similarly to Palutena's Autoreticle) and fires four weak, yet fast Blaster shots at it.
  • Side Special: Plunger Gun
    • Rabbid Peach charges up before firing a plunger from her Blaster. Despite the charge needed to do so, the plunger deals no damage, but gets stuck to the opponent's face, temporarily reversing their controls and making their attacks weaker.
  • Up Special: Royal Tower
    • A stack of three Rabbids appear beneath Rabbid Peach and fling her into the air. You can angle the fling (and the Rabbids comically struggle to bend their tower back to accomodate for the launch).
  • Down Special: Sentry
    • Rabbid Peach places down a sentry. When the sentry is approached by a target, it will explode dealing damage to any opponent within range of the blast. It's also a damage sponge, taking many, MANY projectiles to destroy safely. However, Rabbid Peach can only have one out at a time, and you can't spawn another until the first is destroyed.
  • Final Smash: Dance Party
    • Rabbid Peach poses as a spotlight shines around her, trapping any hit opponent in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts... a dance party. Yep. It's just Rabbid Peach, the opponent(s), and a bunch of Rabbids dancing. It's weird, and it certainly doesn't look very dangerous, but somehow it works; When the cinematic ends, the caught opponents are give considerable damage and put to sleep, having partied 'til they dropped.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel we're ready for the base game finish rush, so I'm finally breaking the schedule to focus on the last two characters and finishing off things like statues, victory themes, and clapping. Adventure and events won't be finished off (unless someone wants to go on a mega-submission binge of course)

Submit a clone of a Melee high tier!

1. Fox
  2. Marth
  3. Jigglypuff
  4. Falco
  5. Sheik
  6. Captain Falcon
  7. Peach
7 legendary characters, almost all of which have primarily original movesets - seems like perfect clone material! Please submit a clone for one of these 7 characters!

Discussion: How should Rudy be featured in multiplayer?

Source

The Final Boss of Rudy's Big Top Brawl, I feel we should at least discuss how he could be implimented outside of his mode - a stage? an ally contact? a unique mode? a playable fighter, possibly a clone? kept to RBTB? Note that if he is made a fighter, that will eliminate the planned final fighter job (a no-criteria fighter job) - personally I feel he'd be best off limited to RBTB.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I am almost certain that this is a stretch and I have alternates but I'm going to shoot my shot anyways

Pauline over Jigglypuff

She would just be taller and potentially less floaty
Yeah, I think this is a little too much of a stretch, same with Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's Ninji submission to a lesser extent

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I now know what I must do.....
Kiddy Kong (Jigglypuff)

God himself has arrived! Jigglypuff's singing is replaced with a deafening cry, leaving fighters prone, and the final smash is replaced with the giant Banana Bird egg crashing through the stage.
I'm a little on the fence about this one, but I think I'll allow it - the body shape isn't as distant as Ninji or Pauline were and we could just say he's been redesigned to appear a little more plump.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rudy will not be included as a playable fighter.

Classic Clasher (Captain Falcon)

A fighter who can call Mushroomy Kingdom home, there's something a little off about this guy, at least in contrast to the world he's in. He'd likely have the Bowser kaiju suit as an alt costume.
Resubmitting Prince Peasley over Marth for the… third time? Fourth time?

Princess Scroob

The leader of the Shroob army. Would be a clone of Peach. Would obviously have Shroobs in place of Toads.
That makes sense, I have another submission.

Kalypso over Falco

Due to Kalypso not having much of a personality there is a lot of room here.

Add the Barrel Jets to up and side special and visually change reflector and blaster.
I now know what I must do.....
Kiddy Kong (Jigglypuff)

God himself has arrived! Jigglypuff's singing is replaced with a deafening cry, leaving fighters prone, and the final smash is replaced with the giant Banana Bird egg crashing through the stage.
  1. Kiddy Kong
  2. Kalypso
  3. Princess Shroob
  4. Classic Clasher
  5. Prince Peasley
Please vote for your top 2

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My proposition for Pipe Maze is for its layout to be directly lifted from the Great Cave Offensive - mine carts and chests do not spawn, but pipes - rather than being a permanent fixture - randomly rise out of the danger zones, at least 4 will be out at any given time and pipes always spawn and disappear in 2s to ensure an even number. Items will spawn out of the pipes. The center; top left; top right; bottom right; and bottom left of the stage all have their own colours, which are randomly decided at the beginning of the match and apply to the pipes as well - with the only exception being the center, which will always be green. The pipes themselves have a unique colour coding to signify which leads to which - however, they can change colour to redirect, sometimes while you're travelling in one! You can also, unlike MK3, throw projectiles and items into them. The platforms themselves are made from the same material as pipes, but are not pipes. The lava is scorching hot water, with a slight orange glow and smoke to signify it as such.

Last edited:
Top Bottom