• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd imagine that these two would be less like the Ice Climbers and act as a single unit. If one gal is launched, she'll grab the other to force her along for the ride.

Also for gown designs (if that alt is added, anyway), I imagine they'd look fairly raggedy. The two beat each other enough that they can't really have nice looking clothes.
Those are both what I had in mind! Great Smash attacks BTW, unless the winning moveset has Smash attacks or functions as stance/ICs I'll add those Smash attacks alongside it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit music for Ruined Kingdom, The Vice, and/or Yoshi Valley!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Ruined Kingdom; The Vice; and/or Yoshi Valley! From now on music will also be done with a stage's addition too.

Submit a "following" trail!

Please submit a trail that is a creature of some kind which follows you around! You can submit up to 4. Phanto is already a trail

Submit a slightly transparent pattern!

Please submit a pattern that is in part translucent! This cannot be full on invisibility mind you. You can submit up to 3

Submit headwear that covers the entire head!

Please submit a piece of headwear that would cover the entire head! Note that because of Doc's Bucket Mario alt, the Mario & Wario bucket alt won't be avaliable. You can submit up to 3

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Trails:
Winged Banana (DKC:TF)
Helper Monkey (Jungle Beat)
Pixel Egg (Yoshi's Island)
Bonetton Resident

Pattern:
Sunshine level entry warp
Shadow Mario translucence
Stained Glass

Headwear:
Tostarena Skull
KAOS Head
Topper's Too-Large Top Hat

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
There's already a Yoshi's Island egg trail, but the rest should be fine!

Also I'm not sure what "Sunshine level entry warp" means in the context - the little paint blobs? The texture of the M itself?
It is supposed to be the little paint blobs; I had no idea how to properly explain what I was talking about lol.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The magical potion will be an item

My music will be used

Please vote here for patterns:

here for following trails:

and here for covering hats:
https://strawpoll.com/polls/YVyP2Gem1gN

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a stage from the later era of Paper Mario!

Please submit a stage from the later era of Paper Mario! So Origami King, Sticker Star, Paper Jam, or Colour Splash.

Submit a Mario & Luigi stage!

Please submit a stage from the Mario & Luigi series!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Luigi's Dream World

I feel we have enough competitive stages as is (I counted, about 22), but I like this layout enough to submit - basically, it's Smashville but the platform is a bit smaller and moves very differently, over a bigger stage. The platform stays in place on either the left or right - further than Pokémon Stadium but nearer than Kalos, and every 10 seconds it shakes to signify that it's about to move very quickly to the other side. The platform is a blue-outlined sleeping Luigi, upside down to better fit the hitbox...

and the hard platform is a bunch of Luigis! These Luigis are holding each other up, but are still sleeping.

When the platform is shaking, the sky briefly turns dark and the Luigis open their eyes in shock as to imply a nightmare.

Stickers

Snappy name, eh? You fight atop a big sticker book - it's not in the middle page so the platform is uneven. There's a fan in the background that will blow foes away a la Whispy Woods. Red platforms are soft as usual, but the yellow blocks are stickers, which capture foes and leave them vulnerable. If not hit while on a sticker, you'll be launched back onto the stage - unless the fan's in your direction of course.
51B190D1-5405-4512-854C-6D2B8CA5FC53.jpeg

The book itself does not have the pop-up grassy-field appearance of Super Happy Tree, it's just a book. The background is taken from this screen, it moves diagonally and occasionally changes direction. There's glitter perpetually dropping from the top.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Chateau de Chucklehuck

A stage taking place inside the building where Chuckola Cola is brewed. The layout is a walkoff with various crates and barrels lying around that can be used as soft platforms. Some crates and barrels are stacked, allowing for layered platforms.

Cork and Cask will usually make cameo appearances, but Popple and Rookie can appear on occasion instead- as long as Bowser isn’t in the match that is!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stickers will be the Paper Mario stage by default.

Even though it technically wasn't officially submitted, the Mario Bros' House will be counted as a Mario & Luigi submission, co-submitted by FazDude and BlustersBest

Luigi's Dream World

I feel we have enough competitive stages as is (I counted, about 22), but I like this layout enough to submit - basically, it's Smashville but the platform is a bit smaller and moves very differently, over a bigger stage. The platform stays in place on either the left or right - further than Pokémon Stadium but nearer than Kalos, and every 10 seconds it shakes to signify that it's about to move very quickly to the other side. The platform is a blue-outlined sleeping Luigi, upside down to better fit the hitbox...

and the hard platform is a bunch of Luigis! These Luigis are holding each other up, but are still sleeping.

When the platform is shaking, the sky briefly turns dark and the Luigis open their eyes in shock as to imply a nightmare.

Stickers

Snappy name, eh? You fight atop a big sticker book - it's not in the middle page so the platform is uneven. There's a fan in the background that will blow foes away a la Whispy Woods. Red platforms are soft as usual, but the yellow blocks are stickers, which capture foes and leave them vulnerable. If not hit while on a sticker, you'll be launched back onto the stage - unless the fan's in your direction of course.
View attachment 356193
The book itself does not have the pop-up grassy-field appearance of Super Happy Tree, it's just a book. The background is taken from this screen, it moves diagonally and occasionally changes direction. There's glitter perpetually dropping from the top.
Chateau de Chucklehuck

A stage taking place inside the building where Chuckola Cola is brewed. The layout is a walkoff with various crates and barrels lying around that can be used as soft platforms. Some crates and barrels are stacked, allowing for layered platforms.

Cork and Cask will usually make cameo appearances, but Popple and Rookie can appear on occasion instead- as long as Bowser isn’t in the match that is!
Please vote here

Vanish Cap Dots, Stained Glass, and Cloudy Fog will be added as patterns

Keyzer, Cosmic Clone, Winged Banana, Helper Monkey, and Mini Mario will be trails - extreme apologies to FazDude, but Pixel Pals can't be accepted due to already being items. I wish I could've caught that before opening voting, so sorry.

The hats will be KAOS' head, the gold block, a DS head, a Game Boy head, and the cannon block

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a Final Smash for Warupichi and Warudaisi!
Please submit a Final Smash for Warupichi and Warudaisi!

Submit animations for Warupichi and Warudaisi!
Please submit 4 taunts and/or 4 victory animations for Warupichi & Warudaisi!

Submit music for Stickers!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Stickers! You may want to move over Sticker Star's title theme from 3D Land

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Waru taunts
  1. Up: Warudaisi starts to limp, Warupichi picks her up, holds her above her head, and snaps her into a healthy posture
  2. Back: The girls laugh in a way resembling this meme
  3. Side: Warudaisi blows a raspberry, but her slobber ends up on Warupichi
  4. Down: Warudaisi dabs, while Warupichi winces and grunts "cringe..."

Waru victories
  1. The Wa-Girls fight over their victory trophy
  2. Warupichi looks at the camera and grunts "Bleh." while sitting down - before Warudaisi jumps super close to the camera and shouts "BLEH!"
  3. Warudaisi is chased by a Reznor, while Warupichi smirks and shrugs
  4. Warudaisi boasts and brags about winning, Warupichi is embarassed and facepalms
Final Smash: Party Bus
A cutscene Final Smash - instead of running over a foe like a normal vehicle-related move, the girls drive their personalised; bacteria-covered budget neon party bus with their foes in the back, they stop the bus abruptly and send the foes flying through the front window and into space

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Down: Warudaisi dabs, while Warupichi winces and grunts "cringe..."
i love this one just for the implication of the word "cringe" in a mario game

Anyway, I really like Wario3's submissions for the current jobs, so I'll just be doing some events.

Warupichu and Warudaisi: Destructive Duos
  • Stage: Battlefield WarioWare Inc.
  • Alt: Default
  • Music: Waluigi Stadium - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  • Opponents: Rosalina and Luma, Mama & Tuxie, Undodog & Yamamura, Baby Bros., Kamek & Toady, Fawful & Cackletta, Wario + Waluigi (all defaults)
  • Rules: All opponents spawn one at a time, with the exception of the Wario bros, who both show up at once as a team. It's basically an endurance match.
Waluigi: Waluigi's Mansion
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion
  • Music: Luigi's Mansion (Big Band Style)
  • Opponents: Luigi (Poltergust alt), Geno (infinite, Dimentio alt)
  • Rules: Your goal is simply to KO Luigi once. Up to two Genos can be on-screen at once (with one appearing soon after one is KO'd), and will attack both you and Luigi. If the Genos somehow manage to KO Luigi, you'll still win the event.
Geno: Mushroom Kingdom's Most Wanted
  • Stage: Smithy's Factory
  • Music: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (New Remix) - Super Mario RPG
  • Opponents: Waluigi, Captain Toad, Professor E. Gadd, Fawful (all default)
  • Rules: Opponents spawn one at a time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Imajin has one taunt for each party member - if you use a character's taunt while not being played as they will magically appear while the player character does their taunt - using the taunt in your character's assigned input will make them do it with no spawns (same for 5-or-more player matches)
  1. Up: Imajin meditates
  2. Back: Mama presents a fresh roast turnip on a tray
  3. Down: Papa does a heel click, but lands belly-first on the ground
  4. Side: Lina belly dances

Victories
  1. Either Mama and Papa or Imajin and Lina will hold hands while on a magic carpet, Aladdin style, depending on which of the couples you're playing as a character from
  2. The quartet celebrate atop the podium from the ending of Mario 2 specifcially, with the player character cheering while the other 3 wave. fairies can be seen carrying Wart off-screen to be beat up
  3. The player character tells a story to the babies, the other 3 aren't seen in this one.
  4. Your player character waves goodbye to the camera as they walk through a door. which then disappears. The other 3 don't appear

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a set of stages to reveal!
I had a strawpoll set up for this, but new tab reload deleted it so instead I'll do another shorten-a-list job, please submit a list of 10 stages for us to reveal in the leadup to the fighter direct! You can check which stages have been revealed on the front page under "Reveal timeline" - note that all stages that are reskins of Mario stages have been revealed, but not necessarily all reskins of other returning stages

Submit music for Luigi's Dream World!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Luigi's Dream World

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Luigi's Dream World music will be used by default
  1. Mushroom Underwater
  2. Mario Paint
  3. Maple Tree
  4. Delfino's Secret
  5. Twilight Town
  6. Electrodrome
  7. Club Toad
  8. Fiendish Floats
  9. Music Box World
  10. Mario Clash
Stage Reveals
  1. Stage Play
  2. Delfino's Secret
  3. Painted Swampland
  4. Cheese Land
  5. The Vice
  6. Twilight Town
  7. Lockjaw's Locker
  8. Mario & Yoshi
  9. Wrong Warp
  10. Mario Clash
Please vote here for the stages to be revealed before launch, everything else will be saved to be discovered in the launch game

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit an animal fighter!

Please submit a fighter who is an animal! They don't have to literally be that animal, all that is required is that they're very clearly recognisable as one specific animal rather than something vague (so Koopa Troopa would be elegible despite not actually being a turtle). Additionally, animal suited humans (or otherwise non-animals) will also be elegible. Mythical beasts are elegible so long as they're not human-like in the base mythology. (no mermaids for example) Kongs and Kremlings will also be elegible.

Submit a stage with travellable Warp Pipes!

Please submit a stage that, like Mushroom Kingdom 64 (or Mushroom Kingdom 3 as we know it) lets you travel through warp pipes!

FazDude

Smash Master
Animal Fighter: Koopa Troopa

It would be so awesome.

It would be so cool.

In all seriousness, though, I think Koopa Troopa is a really important Mario enemy and should be represented as a fighter.

Pipe Stage: Pipe Maze (Super Mario Bros. 3)
1657499572969.png

Despite sharing its name with a world from SMB3, this stage moreso resembles one of the levels shown in the image (the image itself is from a smbx level but shhhh it's our little secret). Naturally, there's a lot of warping Warp Pipes here, which provides a means of quick travel around the rather large stage.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really wanted to submit King Totomesu for this, but forgot he's part of Daisy's Final Smash - so I guess I'll have to go with Rabbid Peach

She would, of course, be a zoner - and possibly impliment status ailments and/or references to earlier Rabbids games

Pipe Maze (Mario Party)

So... Remember the Omega form of Golden Plains?

This is basically that, but you can actually travel through the pipes.
838FBA09-66C1-4954-82D1-8ED0157E5FE4.jpeg

Yellow is the pipes (which are green) and red is soft platforms. It features the lights from the minigame, but they have no gameplay purpose. The stage is large, slightly bigger than the 8 player omega forms.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Animal Character:
1657502505542.png

Ukiki
An iconic monkey enemy from the series, I think Ukiki would fit in pretty well. While I could understand potential fears of clashing with Diddy Kong, I still believe Ukiki has enough to bring to the table. He would be a much more projectile centric fighter, being able to spit watermelon seeds, throw Needlenoses, or even drop explosives. I could also see him having a "Theft" ability, allowing him to steal items or even certain visual elements of a character (such as a hat or shell) to weaken their defenses and make them take extra damage and knockback from attacks. This is a dual reference, acknowledging how Ukiki could steal Babies off Yoshi's back in Yoshi's Island, but also how Ukiki could steal caps in Mario 64 which caused the player to take more damage from attacks.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
By removing my Self-Vote, FazDude's stage reveal list will be used

View attachment 356327

Despite sharing its name with a world from SMB3, this stage moreso resembles one of the levels shown in the image (the image itself is from a smbx level but shhhh it's our little secret). Naturally, there's a lot of warping Warp Pipes here, which provides a means of quick travel around the rather large stage.
Pipe Maze (Mario Party)

So... Remember the Omega form of Golden Plains?

This is basically that, but you can actually travel through the pipes.
View attachment 356328
Yellow is the pipes (which are green) and red is soft platforms. It features the lights from the minigame, but they have no gameplay purpose. The stage is large, slightly bigger than the 8 player omega forms.
Please vote on the stage here, if FazDude's wins we will do a stage design job later (with the condition that the stage must be very big and feature at least 4 pipes, therefore making my Pipe Maze layout inellegible

Animal Fighter: Koopa Troopa

It would be so awesome.

It would be so cool.

In all seriousness, though, I think Koopa Troopa is a really important Mario enemy and should be represented as a fighter.

View attachment 356327

Animal Character:
View attachment 356330
Ukiki
An iconic monkey enemy from the series, I think Ukiki would fit in pretty well. While I could understand potential fears of clashing with Diddy Kong, I still believe Ukiki has enough to bring to the table. He would be a much more projectile centric fighter, being able to spit watermelon seeds, throw Needlenoses, or even drop explosives. I could also see him having a "Theft" ability, allowing him to steal items or even certain visual elements of a character (such as a hat or shell) to weaken their defenses and make them take extra damage and knockback from attacks. This is a dual reference, acknowledging how Ukiki could steal Babies off Yoshi's back in Yoshi's Island, but also how Ukiki could steal caps in Mario 64 which caused the player to take more damage from attacks.

Nabbit

I've always liked this funny little guy. He doesn't get nearly as much love as he should. He could have a fun moveset making use of his role as a thief.
  1. Nabbit
  2. Ukiki
  3. Rabbid Peach
  4. Koopa Troopa
Please vote for your top 2

Top Bottom