• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My removing my vote for the Key, Superball Flower and Pal Pill will be the new items!

The Snake Block and Rotating Platform will be new ally contacts! Wonder how you talk to those guys?

FazDude's events will be added.

My E. Gadd content wins by default, as is Janx's Rawk Final Smash.

Stay tuned, because the first cosmetic job is coming up!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit music for Fiendish Floats

Please submit 4 music tracks for Fiendish Floats! These can be Smash original music

Introducing cosmetic content!

There are 3 kinds of cosmetic content
  1. Headwear
  2. Patterns
  3. Trails
Headwear is, of course, worn on the head. They can be hats; masks; glasses; mouthwear; neckwear; ears; or even little creatures! Please note that if an alt is only distinguishable from another alt by the hat/head, (for example, the Bucket Mario Dr. Mario alt) it can't be used but say, a plumber Wario hat could be added because there's no alt that's the same as another just with the hat. Headwear will not disconfirm,

Patterns are part of the custom colours feature, they're - well - patterns. They can be animated. Most are customisable in colour.

Trails follow their user around, think like how Commander Video looks in Fraymakers. Trails cannot be animated. These aren't customisable in colour

To begin, these pieces of headwear are included
  1. Mario Hat
  2. Luigi Hat
  3. Peach Wit
  4. Daisy Wig
  5. Captain Toad hat
  6. Bowser mouth hat
  7. Bowser Jr. teeth bandanna
  8. Rosalina wig
  9. Goomba mask
  10. Piranha Plant mouth hat
  11. Penguin hat
  12. Pink Gold Peach wig
  13. Undodog collar
  14. Dr. Mario head mirror
  15. E. Gadd glasses and wig
  16. Gooigi hat
  17. Donkey Kong mouth hat
  18. Diddy Kong hat
  19. Dixie Kong wig
  20. Funky Kong bandanna
  21. King K. Rool swolen eye and crown
  22. Klump army hat
  23. Timber mouth hat
  24. Yoshi mouth hat
  25. Baby Peach pacifier
  26. Birdo mouth hat
  27. The Stork hat
  28. Biker Wario hat
  29. Plumber Waluigi hat
  30. Ashley wig
  31. Penny wig
  32. Captain Syrup wig and bandanna
  33. Geno hat
  34. Fawful hat
  35. Mimi pigtails
  36. Rawk Hawk hat
  37. President Koopa wig
All new main fighters will get a piece of headwear tied to them

Now, let us begin with cosmetic content!

Submit headwear based on an ally contact!

Please submit up to 4 pieces of headwear based on a character featured as an Ally Contact! How many will be added based on how many submissions are made.

Submit a simple, non-animated pattern!

Please submit a simple non-animated pattern with only 2 customisable colours and geometric shapes! You can submit up to 5.

Submit a trail!

Please submit any trail! You can submit up to 5.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Headwear
  • 8-Bit Mario hat
  • Cappy Hat (resembles his base form as opposed to his Mario hat form)
  • Koopa Troopa mouth hat
  • Stingby Hat
  • Foreman Spike helmet
Patterns
  • Question Marks
  • Super Mushrooms
Trails
  • Leaves
  • Pixels

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yesterday's jobs will close after FazDude responds.

Submit animations for Goomba!

Please submit 4 taunts and/or 4 victory animations for Goomba!

Submit layouts for Tiny-Huge Island!

Please submit layouts for Tiny-Huge Island! It has been said to have two forms: a tiny form that is the size of Final Destination, and a huge form that is a walk off and features enemies that can trample you. These will be voted on in batch

Submit a travelling stage!

Please submit a stage that flies around a bigger map and stops off at certain points like Delfino Plaza, Skyloft, Mute City Melee, or Mario Circuit U! From my research into public opinion on Smash stages these seem to be the most popular archetype of stage, so multiple will be added as we don't yet have a new stage of this archetype - though just how many is up in the air.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
All elegible submissions from yesterday will be added.

Tiny-Huge
9D4D0EC0-9031-4777-8BB7-3FD538B76680.jpeg

Red is soft platforms as usual. Yellow is climbable trees, and blue is the "huge" area. Enemies appear on the tiny form, but will be trampled with any kind of contact.

Travelling stage: Demonic Dinner

Credit to Brenda Gonzalez on ArtStation

You begin outside Ashley's mansion in a garlic patch (a slightly sloped walk-off), you will then be picked up by a giant plate and sent inside the mansion's kitchen - there you are put in these phases in random order, seperated by more plate flying. When the plates fly, other plates will fly in as soft platforms.

1. A shelf - there are walls on the sides of this form
  2. A sieve - this a hard, U-shaped platform - however, projectiles will go right through it. There is a sink tap above it that can be used as a hard platform
  3. A chopping board - a knife will slam down, indicated by a warning sign. Walkoff.
  4. A frying pan on a stove top - the frying pan is the safe zone, while the stove functions like Brinstar lava. The frying pan moves. Walkoff
  5. A fruit basket and bottles of water - the fruit basket is really bumpy and you can drown in the water. Walkoff.
  6. A chair - there's a wall on on side and a ceiling on the other
  7. Inside a microwave - you fight on top of a burger with a bit of lettuce leaning out one side and devilish horns made with tomato slices, it spins like Spiral Mountain
  8. An oven - you fight on a loaf of bread that slowly becomes more sloped
Once you've been through all the phases, you will go inside a cauldron and fly around Ashley's Mansion for a bit, meaning no stops for a while, and land on the garlic patch restarting the cycle

I've wanted an Ashley stage since we got her in, heh.

I'll submit Goomb taunts later, and try for an Adventure route or two

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also, a quick poll on a change to one of my submissions I've been pondering for a while.

One of my stage additions to SMSB was Sunset Beach from Mario Hoops 3 on 3, a submission originally intended for Infinite, however I copied it over without considering that 1. we already had Sunset Shore from Donkey Kong Country Returns and 2. SMSB doesn't have any conventional crowd and stadium-type stages yet, which goes against the reason I chose Sunset Beach over a stadium for Infinite - and it's something that's kinda been bothering me since.

Thus, I've decided to open a poll on the fate of this stage's (that being the basketball stage) aesthetic - whether to keep it as Sunset Beach or change it to Mario Stadium. The music will not be changed, including the Sunset Beach theme. I try not to do unplanned stuff like this and hopefully no other stages will recieve changes this drastic after submission.

FazDude

Smash Master
Goomba Taunts
  • Up: The Goomba marches in place, with the animation resembling its walk from Super Mario Bros. (albiet choppier to not get the taunt confused for its Down Special).
  • Left: The Goomba sprouts its Paragoomba wings and flutters them.
  • Right: The Goomba bites at the air.
  • Down: The Goomba flattens itself for a second before popping back up.
Goomba Victory Animations
  • Mario is seen standing in-frame, with only the upper half of his body visible. Suddenly, we hear the little "beep" that proceeds the death jingle in SMB1 as Mario's face becomes shocked. He then falls down as the camera pans down to reveal a very satisfied Goomba.
  • Only the sole Goomba is seen on-screen at first before a Goomba Tower suddenly sprouts beneath them, now looking down at the camera menancingly.
  • Goomba happily dances around before posing on one foot.
  • Goomba chases a pack of terrified Toads off before giving the camera a glare.
Traveling Stage: Music Box World (Wario Land 3)

This stage takes players through four levels from WL3 - The Peaceful Village, the Pool of Rain, Above the Clouds, and the Castle of Illusions. The Peaceful Village is a walk-off stage with some destructible terrain, the Pool of Rain is a stage comprised mainly of soft platforms over a pool of water, Above the Clouds is a more traditional stage, and the Castle of Illusions is another walk-off.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a criteria for Monday's clone job!

Please submit a criteria for the echo fighter job on Monday! I will not be partaking in this job since I make all the other criterias

Submit music for Wart's Throne!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Wart's Throne! You may want to move over the SMB2 Boss remix from Mushroom Kingdom 2

Submit a special move change to a Melee newcomer!

Please submit a special move change to either Peach, Bowser, or Dr. Mario! This can be cosmetic, functional, or both. Only one will be added per character, and at least one character of the three will go without a change

Vote on DK, Diddy, and K. Rool's new voice actors!

While it goes without saying that Bowser will be voiced by Kenny James, I feel DK; Diddy; and K. Rool have a bit more ambiguity to who could voice them.
Toshihide Tsuchiya
Chris Sutherland
Ben Campbell

Takashi Nagasako
Grant Kirkhope

Katsumi Sazuki
Chris Sutherland

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Special move change: Angel Bomber (Peach)

The final stop in my quest to erradicate all ass-related attacks from Peach - Peach glides forwards with P-Wings growing on her back, with her dress puffing up briefly as the move starts, and does a powerful slap attack. Functions the same as Peach Bomber otherwise. Pink Gold Peach punches instead of a slap.
Wart’s Throne
Wart (All-Stars)
SMB2 Boss (New Remix V1)
SMB2 Boss (New Remix V2)
SMB2 Metal Medley

Mushroom Kingdom 2 gets Overworld (All Stars)

I gotta admit that the Newgrounds boss remix is kinda starting to grow on me.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Bowser Special Change: Fire Ball / Fire Breath (N. Special)
That's right; We're doing the unforgivable and giving Bowser a projectile.

This version of the Fire Ball would be more akin to Ryu's Hadoken, with Bowser taking a second to charge up and spewing out a fireball. The fireball is slow and deals little knockback, but has pretty good damage and range. However, Bowser can only have one fireball on the screen at a time.

Overall, the Fire Ball is more of a pressure tool than a zoning tool. Keep in mind, though, that you'll only spew a fireball if you press the special button - Holding it causes Bowser to use his regular fire breath he's used since Melee.

Clone Criteria: Submit a clone for a character who debuted in Smash Brawl/4/Ultimate.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Submit a clone of a Smash 64 veteran.

For a moveset change, I'll sit out on Bowser as I'm perfectly content with his current one (including the punch FazDude added a bit ago), but I will submit a Doc change.

Down B: Bottle Up
Dr. Mario takes out a pill bottle (Explorer Mario takes out a safari bag, Chef Mario a cookie jar, Bucket Mario a small vase) and swipes it forward. Alone it functions like a Shine-type move, very quick and very weak but great for combos if a bit hard to hit consistently. However, you can also use Bottle Up to put an item in your container when standing near one, and now you have a throwable of your own. The item's original usage is lost, like it's been converted to a standard projectile which you can throw four ways or Z-drop. You can only have one container out at a time, and like most items they despawn after being out for too long. All of the containers have the same hitbox despite being different shapes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Wart music wins by default
Special move change: Angel Bomber (Peach)

The final stop in my quest to erradicate all ass-related attacks from Peach - Peach glides forwards with P-Wings growing on her back, with her dress puffing up briefly as the move starts, and does a powerful slap attack. Functions the same as Peach Bomber otherwise. Pink Gold Peach punches instead of a slap.
Bowser Special Change: Fire Ball / Fire Breath (N. Special)
That's right; We're doing the unforgivable and giving Bowser a projectile.

This version of the Fire Ball would be more akin to Ryu's Hadoken, with Bowser taking a second to charge up and spewing out a fireball. The fireball is slow and deals little knockback, but has pretty good damage and range. However, Bowser can only have one fireball on the screen at a time.

Overall, the Fire Ball is more of a pressure tool than a zoning tool. Keep in mind, though, that you'll only spew a fireball if you press the special button - Holding it causes Bowser to use his regular fire breath he's used since Melee.
Down B: Bottle Up
Dr. Mario takes out a pill bottle (Explorer Mario takes out a safari bag, Chef Mario a cookie jar, Bucket Mario a small vase) and swipes it forward. Alone it functions like a Shine-type move, very quick and very weak but great for combos if a bit hard to hit consistently. However, you can also use Bottle Up to put an item in your container when standing near one, and now you have a throwable of your own. The item's original usage is lost, like it's been converted to a standard projectile which you can throw four ways or Z-drop. You can only have one container out at a time, and like most items they despawn after being out for too long. All of the containers have the same hitbox despite being different shapes.
Please vote here for the moveset change to not be used:

Please vote here for the clone criteria

Ben Campbell of DKC cartoon fame will be the new voice of King K. Rool, while Takashi Nagasoko and Katsumi Sazuki will reprise their usual roles as DK and Diddy respectively

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vote for the next dojo reveals!
We'll be revealing two fighters along with stages related to them,

Submit a Final Smash for Birdo!

Please submit a Final Smash for Birdo!

Submit a hat!

Please submit any one piece of headwear - only two will be added, crossover content isn't accepted. Both original concepts and Mario references will be accepted.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Birdo FS: Egg-squiste Show
Birdo poses as a spotlight appears around her, trapping any hit opponent in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts the opponent(s) being thrown onto a stage, with Birdo being lowered down onto it by a cardboard moon. The stage then lights up, revealing a fleet of smaller Robirdos around the fighters. These Robirdos pelt eggs into the opponents before Birdo herself fires a flaming egg at them, launching them back into the stage and ending the cinematic.

Hat: Artist Beret

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dr. Mario will not recieve a new move, however Bowser now has Fire Ball in addition to Fire Breath, while Peach's Peach Bomber has outclassed by the new, more age rating friendly, Angel Bomber!

Both the Shadow Mario Mask Bandanna and Artist Beret will be added

FazDude's Birdo Final Smash wins by default

Klump and Captain Syrup will be revealed on the dojo, along with Music Box World and Homecoming Hijinxs!

I have voted myself to break the criteria tie, so stay tuned to find out what our next clone may be!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a villainous clone of a hero, or vice versa!

Please submit a clone who is either a villain or enemy over a protagonist, or a protagonist over a villain or enemy!

Submit two stages that go together!

Please submit two stages that, in some form, can go together! These will be voted on in batch. They can have similar locations; source material; gimmicks; layouts; so on - or they can even be themed around some kind of opposing themes! just make sure they aren't identical and have some sort of reason to be associated

Submit music for Demonic Dinner!
86241C03-4F44-4A1F-B55D-BF06D67299FE.jpeg

Please submit 4 music tracks for Demonic Dinner! You may want to move over Ashley's Theme (Brawl) from WarioWare Inc. and Ashley's Theme (3DS/Wii U) from Gamer

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dinner
Ashley's Theme (Brawl)
Ashley's Theme (3DS/Wii U)
Ashley's Star Revolution
Introducing Wario Deluxe

Gamer gets Rudy (Dr. Mario 64), WarioWare Inc. gets Wario de Mambo, 9-Volt’s Game Boy gets WarioWare Inc. Medley

resubbing Blooper Nanny (Olimar)

Blooper Nanny would be Olimar's clone/substitute. Her babies wouldn't have the distinguishing factors of the Pikmin, but in exchange she'd also have lots of reason to fight with a lower amount of bloops (or at least more than just the Up-B weight)

my stages will be two new pixel stages: Mushroom Underwater and Mushroom Bowser

8EE03F3A-4C84-42B3-80D8-34671565308B.jpeg

Mushroom Underwater has one soft platform in the middle - however, you have unlimited jumps! You can't jump into the blast zone however, the water cuts off at the top. There's a few notable modifications to fighters to make this more fun to play: helpless states don't exist; each character falls slower; and each character moves more quick in the air. Items are suspended in air instead of falling to be picked up

4DBE9E9C-0BDD-40A2-A68D-2601E7CEFF14.jpeg

Mushroom Bowser, named so to avoid the Peach's Castle confusion that'd be caused by the name "Mushroom Castle", features a wall in the middle with a fire bar (orange) inside, as well is two other walls with no fire bar. The fire bar, of course, is damaging - however the fire bar will occasionally extinguish when it's facing either directly left or directly right, that's the cue that 8-bit Bowser is going to shoot fire from off-screen wherever the bar was pointing - now you're gonna want to be very close to the wall! There's rising lava below the stage, it covers up anyone inside it but doesn't deal any damage or knockback. The fire bar is very slow for both navigatability and predictability's sake.

View attachment 354153
Kamek
He would be a clone of Ashley. I don't know if she quite counts as a protagnist but I think it fits.
I'd say Ashley is more of a neutral, but I'll allow this either way

Last edited:
Top Bottom