• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Aight, if this one isn’t allowed I can just sit out for submissions.
Chain Chomp

(Credit to the artist MutationFoxy on DeviantArt)
Chain Chomp would be a superheavyweight physics-based fighter. He’s a main cast character that would be really neat to see, and there are a ton of routes to go down for his moveset.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Timber's Final Smash will remain open

Undodog & Yamamura Final Smash: Maker Mania
Undodog runs forward while Yamamura flies straight up. Anyone that either hits along the way is thrown into a cinematic where there is a Mario castle level that constantly changes between SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMBU themes, all surrounded by the Mario Maker creation UI. The fighters hit are thrown into a large pit consisting of as many dangerous enemies that could fit there, as if it was designed by a young person. Yamamura looks worried and tries to make the level more thoughtfully designed by pressing on the buttons at the top for blocks and switches, while Undodog continues to run around on the enemy buttons. Eventually he makes two giant Bowsers stack ontop of each other in the SMB3 style, which is Yamamura's breaking point. He flies over to Undodog and picks him up, and the level is erased as the pair fly across it.
Undodog Final Smash: Course Maker
Undodog and Yamamura hop into a Reset Rocket fly forwards, trapping any hit opponent in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts the opponents in a Super Mario Maker course, where Undodog and Yamamura (represented by the dog hand from SMM1) create a gauntlet of enemies and traps to brutally damage the opponent before ending the cinematic with the classic “invisible blocks over a pit” trick.

(i just want nintendo to acknowledge little timmy levels tbh)
Please vote here for Undodog's Final Smash: https://strawpoll.com/polls/LVyKxvjobn0

My stage submission will be Delfino's Secret from Project M
For Sunshine I'll resubmit Pinna Park. It takes place on the rollercoaster as it goes around the park, but there aren't any hazards apart from falling off, layout doesn't change as opposed to Delfino Plaza.
Please vote here for the Sunshine stage:

I'm submitting Pauline

Appearing all the way back in Donkey Kong and as recently as Mario Golf she has gained popularity and has changed throughput the years
View attachment 352924
Koopa Troopa
If were gonna have Goomba then this only mLss sense. He could have a moveset that brings in elements from all the Koopa sub types.
Birdo

This glamorous chick (literally - you know what dinosaurs evolved into, right?) has been getting the short end of the stick lately, so I think we should do her justice in SMSB! Her main mechanic would likely be shooting egg projectiles which she can stand on. Since there's posibility of adding another Mario 2 rep later down the line, we can give her a moveset that is 100% Birdo and save other Mario 2 references for a later fighter.
Main Character: Kamek

Kamek’s been around since the very beginning (of the Mario game timeline, that is, not the series), and having a magic-focused fighter could be really fun.
Shy Guy

One of the most prominent Mario enemies and has tons of variations to pull from.
Aight, if this one isn’t allowed I can just sit out for submissions.
Chain Chomp

(Credit to the artist MutationFoxy on DeviantArt)
Chain Chomp would be a superheavyweight physics-based fighter. He’s a main cast character that would be really neat to see, and there are a ton of routes to go down for his moveset.
Submitting Monty Mole

I think Monty would be a very fun character, capable of burrowing through the stage and throwing rocks. I can also easily see Rocky Wrench being included as an echo or alternate costume!
View attachment 352976
Wiggler
Worm-bodied fighters aren't really seen that often, even in traditional fighting games. I think he'd be a unique and fun fighter with his body type. You could even incorporate angry wiggler into the moveset.
  1. Wiggler
  2. Monty Mole
  3. Chain Chomp
  4. Shy Guy
  5. Kamek
  6. Birdo
  7. Koopa Troopa
  8. Pauline
Please vote for your top 3

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit music for Painted Swampland

Please submit 4 music tracks for Painted Swampland.

Submit support for an accessory!

Please submit a unique type of support for one of the official Switch accessories! This can be Labo, the Ring-Con, single Joy-Con, the NSO controllers, so on - hell, even the Poké Ball Pro if you can figure out a way to use it!

Submit an ally contact from non-game media!

Please submit an ally contact that originates from non-game media - like movies, commercials, cartoons, comics, toys, so on.

The few "adult-themed" Mario media Nintendo has made or owned will not be elegible (this applies primarily to commercials - so yeah, no exploding fat guys)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Painted Swampland
Sub Castle/Forest of Illusion (New Remix)
Phantom of the Bwahpera
Bayou Boogie (New Remix)
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (New Remix V2)

Accessory: Joy-Con Shooter

One player can point a single joy-con at the screen to interact with players - it's up to them who's side they're on.

The interactions are
  1. B - Create a hard platform
  2. A - Created a soft platform
  3. X - spawn a random offensive item
  4. Y - spawn a random healing or transforming item
  5. L/R - pick up and drag a character or item
  6. ZL/ZR - shoot
Non-Game Media: Conjoined Dog
631D6BF2-3DAB-47A9-A079-1FDD0512DFB6.jpeg

From the commercial for Tetris & Dr. Mario, the conjoined dog fetches two items. If its summoner is being attacked, it will ram into their foe and drop off the item or items it's caught. I feel we need some kind of rep for a commercial, and while maybe not the most (in)famous Mario commercial, it's also tame enough to not bump up the rating while also being weird enough to capture the gross-out nature of the Play It Loud era.

1. Pauline
  2. Birdo
  3. Chomp

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Voting
  1. Kamek
  2. Monty Mole
  3. Koopa Troopa
Accessory: Labo Keyboard Music
If you have this connected during a match, you'll be able to play sound effects from Mario Paint with it, complete with a small icon appearing on the screen corresponding to the effect.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Sunshine stage will be Delfino's Secret

Conjoined Dog
joins the ally roster by default

My Painted Swampland music will be used by default

Maker Mania will be Undodog's Final Smash.

Accessory: Joy-Con Shooter

One player can point a single joy-con at the screen to interact with players - it's up to them who's side they're on.

The interactions are
  1. B - Create a hard platform
  2. A - Created a soft platform
  3. X - spawn a random offensive item
  4. Y - spawn a random healing or transforming item
  5. L/R - pick up and drag a character or item
  6. ZL/ZR - shoot
Labo VR

It has the same functionality as it does in Ultimate only there is a feature to use First Person on a character.
Accessory: Labo Keyboard Music
If you have this connected during a match, you'll be able to play sound effects from Mario Paint with it, complete with a small icon appearing on the screen corresponding to the effect.
Please vote here:

1. Chain Chomp = 3
  2. Wiggler = 4
  3. Koopa Troopa = 4
  4. Kamek = 8
  5. Pauline = 8
  6. Monty Mole = 8
  7. Shy Guy = 10
  8. Birdo = 15

Birdo joins the roster at long last! We will open her jobs shortly. Also stay tuned to hear about the coming schedule change.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a moveset for Birdo!

Please submit a moveset for Birdo! All that's needed is the special moves, but more would be appreciated. Please do not include a Final Smash or animations, they will be handled later

Submit Birdo's alternate costumes!

Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Birdo!

Submit animations for Captain Syrup and/or Klump!

Please submit 4 taunts and/or 4 victory animations for Captain Syrup and/or Klump!

Here's the new schedule I have planned out:
  1. Monday: Fighter + Stage job
  2. Tuesday: Ally Contact + Item(s)
  3. Wednesday: Fighter content
  4. Thursday: Adventure + Events
  5. Friday: Stage job + misc. job (possibly a second stage job on rare occasions)
  6. Saturday: Misc. job
  7. Sunday: Item OR ally contact without criteria.
The music-FS-music-animations pattern will continue

This will start tomorrow, meaning that we will be jumping straight into a fighter job tomorrow! This will be put on the front page shortly, if only for my own benefit.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Birdo alts
  1. Default
  2. Light Blue
  3. White
  4. Red
  5. Green
  6. Light Green (Lime)
  7. Yellow
  8. Black
  9. Brown
  10. Orange
  11. Dark Blue
  12. Purple
  13. Robirdo
  14. Red Robirdo
  15. Green Robirdo
  16. Dark Blue Robirdo
Birdo moveset
Birdo is a surprisingly heavyweight bruiser character who has poor base mobility, but some great options for getting where she needs to be with her specials. A Birdo player will need to choose wisely where they go and how they get there.

B: Egg Spit

Birdo spits an egg out her mouth - this is a powerful projectile that goes right through foes. Birdo cannot herself be hit by this, even if reflected, and can stand atop it. She can have two eggs out at a time, and the speed of the egg is determined by how long the button is pressed for.

Side B: Suction Kiss

Birdo does a Kirby-esque inhale, being propelled backwards by the force - if she goes off a platform she will start to fly. There's a windbox a little far from Birdo that will slowly draw foes near, and a grabbox closer to her nose/mouth, that when you're hit by she will kiss you then throw backwards.

Up B: Egg Hop

Birdo retreats into an egg and squashes down to charge up a jump. This move doesn't attack, but goes high when charged and has a limited super armour - though the shell can crack with too much damage. The shell also cracks once the egg reaches peak trajectory. This move doesn't leave Birdo helpless, even if the egg is cracked. It can't be cancelled until the hatch expect for one way - if you press any buttom during the jump portion, you will go into Birdo's Down B...

Down B: Pirouette Drill

Birdo gets out a ribbon and performs a pitouette downwards and goes through any soft platforms. If she goes down a soft platform, damaging stars will linger on that platform. This move can be cancelled at any point, but leaves her helpless. This is a multihit attack.

Syrup taunts
  1. Up: Syrup flips a coin, it goes up to the sky and a huge bag of coins land for her to grab
  2. Forward: Syrup stares smugly, stroking her chin
  3. Down: Syrup plants a sword in the ground
  4. Back: Syrup bursts into uncontrollable laughter and points at either the lowest ranked fighter or, if the foe(s) are off-screen, the camera.
Syrup victories:
  1. Syrup pokes a barrel of maple syrup (written with red paint, with a barely legible "RUM" printed beneath it) with her sword, and grabs a wine glass to scoop and drink the oozing syrup.
  2. Syrup sits down on a throne, resting her fist on her cheek and silently chuckling as she smirks, and staring at the camera which is at her side.
  3. A parallel to Penny's Wario victory, Syrup runs off from a panicked plumber Wario, holding what is now her bike.
  4. A gold Peach statue is seen, which Syrup picks up with an grab arm from her pod, paralleling Mario in the WL ending

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Klump Animations
  • Taunts
    • Up: Klump laughs, resembling his animation from DKC.
    • Forward: Klump tosses an orange grenade in his hand, only for it to explode in his face.
    • Back: Klump salutes.
    • Down: Klump marches in place.
  • Victory Animations
    • Klump performs General Klump's amazing victory dance from the DKC cartoon.
    • Klump fires his Kannon repeatedly before posing.
    • Klump and a few Kremling troops are seen feasting on bananas in victory.
    • Klump begins laughing, only to fall over, unable to get up. Unlike Wario's similar animation, Klump stops laughing once he falls over, seeming quite frusturated as he tries to get up.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Birdo Alts

1. Pink Birdo
2. Blue Birdo
3. Yellow Birdo
4. Green Birdo
5. Light Blue Birdo
6. Orange Birdo
7. Purple Birdo
8. Light Green Birdo
9. Golden Birdo
10. Gray Birdo
11. Black Birdo
12. White Birdo
13. Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue & White Birdo
14. Strikers Birdo
15. Green Strikers Birdo
16. Blue Strikers Birdo

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Joycon Pointer sill be a new mode!

My Birdo moveset and Syrup animations win by default, as do FazDude's Klump animations

Birdo alts
  1. Default
  2. Light Blue
  3. White
  4. Red
  5. Green
  6. Light Green (Lime)
  7. Yellow
  8. Black
  9. Brown
  10. Orange
  11. Dark Blue
  12. Purple
  13. Robirdo
  14. Red Robirdo
  15. Green Robirdo
  16. Dark Blue Robirdo
Birdo Alts

1. Pink Birdo
2. Blue Birdo
3. Yellow Birdo
4. Green Birdo
5. Light Blue Birdo
6. Orange Birdo
7. Purple Birdo
8. Light Green Birdo
9. Golden Birdo
10. Gray Birdo
11. Black Birdo
12. White Birdo
13. Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue & White Birdo
14. Strikers Birdo
15. Green Strikers Birdo
16. Blue Strikers Birdo
Please vote here for Birdo's alt list

In line with the new schedule, a fighter and stage job will start shortly!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a clone fighter originating from a Mario RPG!

Please submit a clone fighter who originates from a Mario RPG! Rabbids characters are allowed, as are "paper" varients - but keep in mind they won't have an original moveset. Super Paper Mario, although technically being a platformer, is allowed. This can be of a fighter on the roster, or an absent non-Mario veteran. Keep in mind that cloning a veteran disconfirms them for the future pre-order bonus job

Submit a stage from a Donkey Kong; Yoshi; or Wario game released in the 2010s or 2020s!

Please submit a stage based on a Donkey Kong; Yoshi; or Wario game released between 2010 and today! Depending on the turnout and variety of submissions multiple stages may be added

Submit music for Raphael's Moon!

Please submit 4 music tracks for Raphael's Moon. You may want to move over Mini-Boss from Inside Bowser

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Boshi (Sonic)

(Render by PUPPERCASE on DeviantArt)
Boshi, the lightning fast dinosaur from Super Mario RPG, would be a clone of Sonic from the core Smash series. I'm sure many will wonder how we'll reskin Sonic's ball moves, but I think it's possible.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Raphael’s Moon
Big Boss
Bowser (JP) (Yoshi's Island DS)
Kamek (Yoshi's New Island)
Boss (Tetris Attack) (New Remix)

Stage: Drawbridge Dilemma

This stage has you fight on a bridge in what seems to be London. There are two extremely high and tough to reach platforms that, when stood on, will raise up the opposite half of the bridge and turn it into a wall. The water is not swimmable.
D775F40E-B8FB-442A-B112-694B40478FFB.jpeg

The maroon platform raises the red half of the bridge while the orange platform raises the yellow half.

There are busses going by that will react the bridges, but they're purely a fun aesthetic touch,

I mostly chose this stage because it's theme goes hard. I also think a stage based on a single microgame would be fun.

My clone submission will be Fake Bowser

This would be a weaker, lighter Bowser clone. Despite its joke origins, its better speed and frame data makes it a worthy fighter in its own right!

FazDude

Smash Master
2010s Stage: Homecoming Hijinx (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)

Gonna be honest; I just really dig the snow/jungle mix here. Plus, I think we could use a few more snow stages. This stage would see the return of the Barrel cannon, which works just as it does in Kongo Jungle 64, but the stage itself has a different layout somewhat resembling the source image.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Birdo alt list will be used

My Raphael's Moon music will be used by default
Stage: Drawbridge Dilemma

This stage has you fight on a bridge in what seems to be London. There are two extremely high and tough to reach platforms that, when stood on, will raise up the opposite half of the bridge and turn it into a wall. The water is not swimmable.
View attachment 353185
The maroon platform raises the red half of the bridge while the orange platform raises the yellow half.

There are busses going by that will react the bridges, but they're purely a fun aesthetic touch,

I mostly chose this stage because it's theme goes hard. I also think a stage based on a single microgame would be fun.
2010s Stage: Homecoming Hijinx (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)

Gonna be honest; I just really dig the snow/jungle mix here. Plus, I think we could use a few more snow stages. This stage would see the return of the Barrel cannon, which works just as it does in Kongo Jungle 64, but the stage itself has a different layout somewhat resembling the source image.
  1. Homecoming Hijinxs
  2. Drawbridge Dilemma
Please vote here:

Boshi (Sonic)

(Render by PUPPERCASE on DeviantArt)
Boshi, the lightning fast dinosaur from Super Mario RPG, would be a clone of Sonic from the core Smash series. I'm sure many will wonder how we'll reskin Sonic's ball moves, but I think it's possible.
My clone submission will be Fake Bowser

This would be a weaker, lighter Bowser clone. Despite its joke origins, its better speed and frame data makes it a worthy fighter in its own right!
I’m gonna resubmit my idea for Prince Peasley as a Marth Clone

I’ll get a stage around later today~
View attachment 353190
Rawk Hawk (Incineroar)
Pretty sure this has been brought up before but here I am. He would probably loose a lot of the fire moves but still be a wrestler charatcer.
  1. Rawk Hawk (Incineroar)
  2. Fake Bowser (Bowser)
  3. Prince Peasley (Marth)
  4. Boshi (Sonic)
Please vote for your top 2. Note that if we vote in a clone for them, Sonic; Marth; or Incineroar will be inellegible come the pre-order bonus round.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a Final Smash for The Stork and/or Gooigi

Please submit a Final Smash for the Stork and/or Gooigi!

Submit an item based on a WarioWare Microgame!

Please submit an item based on, instead of the cutscenes, a WarioWare microgame! This can be based on a boss game, but it can't be based on an unlockable minigame (so no Pyoro; Vs. Ding Dong; e.t.c.)

Submit an ally contact that goes to the background!

Please submit an ally contact that spawns in the background, and in some form interacts with the foreground - like the Andross or Moon assist trophies

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Rawk Hawk (I remember submitting this guy not too long ago, pretty based choice I think)
2. Fake Bowser (I really want a faster Bowser (as someone who mains him) and obviously Dry Bowser is out of the running)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Peasley
  2. Rawk

Item: Mars Jar

Pick up the Mars Jar and throw it - it expands upon impact and they'll be stuck - the jar will break by being attacked (either by victim or perpetrator) and attacks from the outside will deal damage.

when are you going to do i hate mars jars

Ally Contact: Gooper Blooper

Gooper Blooper spawns in the background, and tries to grab the fighters in the foreground with its tentacles.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gooigi: Negative Zone
Fits him a lot better than OG Luigi I think. The alternative option is to give him a psychological horror type move where he suffocates his opponents so I'd rather have this.

WW item: Baseball Glove

From the microgame Heads Up!, a baseball glove hovers in front of your character which will catch any item thrown to you, making it yours. (lmk if this one already exists in a similar form cause I feel like it does for some reason)

Background contact: Banzai Bill

Pretty self explanatory. Hides in the back for a bit before flying towards the camera. If any fighter is in the way of the Banzai Bill, not including the summoner, it will explode and cause damage to nearby opponents (but not as much as if they were to get hit by the actual thing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Homecoming Hijinxs will be a stage!

1. Boshi (Sonic) = 2
  2. Fake Bowser (Bowser) = 1
  3. Prince Peasley (Marth) = 5
  4. Rawk Hawk (Incineroar) = 6

Rawk Hawk
joins the battle!

1. Peasley
  2. Rawk

Item: Mars Jar

Pick up the Mars Jar and throw it - it expands upon impact and they'll be stuck - the jar will break by being attacked (either by victim or perpetrator) and attacks from the outside will deal damage.

when are you going to do i hate mars jars

Ally Contact: Gooper Blooper

Gooper Blooper spawns in the background, and tries to grab the fighters in the foreground with its tentacles.
Gooigi: Negative Zone
Fits him a lot better than OG Luigi I think. The alternative option is to give him a psychological horror type move where he suffocates his opponents so I'd rather have this.

WW item: Baseball Glove

From the microgame Heads Up!, a baseball glove hovers in front of your character which will catch any item thrown to you, making it yours. (lmk if this one already exists in a similar form cause I feel like it does for some reason)

Background contact: Banzai Bill

Pretty self explanatory. Hides in the back for a bit before flying towards the camera. If any fighter is in the way of the Banzai Bill, not including the summoner, it will explode and cause damage to nearby opponents (but not as much as if they were to get hit by the actual thing.
Background Assist: Kerozene (Donkey Kong Country 2 [GBA version only])

When summoned, this crocodilian colossus rises into the background, ready for a fight. He attacks by throwing Kleevers into the stage and breathing fire at fighters.
Negative Zone will be Gooigi's FS by default. Stork's FS will remain open.

Please vote here for an ally contact

and here for an item

Rawk jobs will open shortly!

Top Bottom