• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Stage Customization: Baisc Mode
Yeah it just makes stages competitively legal. Some repeats will be made of course.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage Customization: Baisc Mode
Yeah it just makes stages competitively legal. Some repeats will be made of course.
While I like this idea, I don't think it fully qualifies as it'd involve all new stages and not customising or modifying the existing stages. Would've been allowed for the stage forms job though.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Alright. I'll just do the opposite.
Stage Customization: Extreme Mode
Basically just somewhat-randomly adds things to make the stage layouts absolutely crazy. New platforms, hazards, maybe even spawning enemies for some. Like Cap Kingdom with a bunch of moving thwomps. Peach's Castle Melee being invaded by a bunch of goombas and koopas. Waluigi pinball with even more bumpers. You never know what you're gonna get with this mode.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a stage from Donkey Kong Country 2 or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze!

We did a job for stages from DK's awkward age, so how about the widely-agreed-upon magnum opuses of the franchise? Please submit a stage based on a level from either Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Submit a new Yoshi series fighter!

Please submit a unique fighter from or associated with the Yoshi game series! This character doesn't have to have debuted in the Yoshi games, but does need to have played a relatively major role in one. (so for example, Shy Guy would be allowed but not Birdo) Remember that Poochy is an ally contact and therefore disconfirmed

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DK stage: Bramble Blast

This stage would have a main platform with a spiky underside; two platforms that are vertically stacked and move horizontally; and one barrel each on the left and right side of the stage you can jump into - the function like the Kongo Jungle 64 barrel, but blast horizontally instead of vertically and move vice versa, so you have to time it right to be sure you won't get brambles to the face. The stage also has two spikey ceilings and Squawks cameos.

Fighter submission: The Stork

From the Yoshi's Island series, the stork's job is to deliver babies to parents - however, it's a bit clumsy and often makes mistakes. In Smash, the Stork would fight using it's long legs and swift wings, as well as flying around and pecking.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jelly Jamboree

The left and right side of the stage have platforms much like the left and right sides of Jungle Japes. In the center there are 5 Jelly Blocks that you can bounce on and occasionally a platform will fly to and from the center.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
DK level: Scorch N Torch

Layout is an upside-down Battlefield. If hazards are on, fiery enemies will sometimes get launched in from the background, perhaps by a Kong rolling into them, and walk around. However, you can combat them by attacking with the watery fruits that sometimes spawn in the ground like turnips and act as normal items, or by using a character's water or ice based attack should they have one.

Yoshi newcomer: Hint Block

No, not an April Fool's joke.
Hint block would likely take inspiration from Orby's Rivals Workshop moveset - utilizing the various concepts they teach to Yoshi in their series in order to deal damage.

Yoshi Character:
Shy Guy

That's right! Shy Guy, the enemy, who always wears a mask and we don't know about his identity. He appeared in SMB2 as enemy and he later appeared in Yoshi games as an enemy again.

His moveset would be interesting, since he could use other Guys' attacks to fight.
Also, he has a lot of potential for his alts and even taunts.

It's a short write-up, since y'all guys know him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
As easy as it would be to go for Kamek who is genuinely very deserving (and also not in enough Mario multiplayer games IMO), I'm going to go with someone else...

Yoshi character: Raphael the Raven

Raphael.jpg

Why yes, I am submitting my favourite boss from Yoshi's Island. Raphael Raven is the leader of the Ravens. He used to be regular size but Kamek's magical meddling has turned him gigantic and he's been a big bird boy ever since. He fought Yoshi when Mario was a baby.

Despite his status as a boss, Raphael is a pretty good guy. Maybe he mellowed with age, but as of Paper Mario he not only aids the plumber, but writes a letter to offer aid to Sushie, requesting if she'd like him to cook her any food and wishes to hear all about her adventures with Mario.

Despite the lack of visible wings, Paper Mario also reveals that Ravens can fly. By flapping their feet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kamek
I wanted to do something less obvious, but I think it would would a shame if Kamek didn't get nominated. I truly think he's one of the kart major Mario characters with no representation on our roster yet. He's a recurring villian who for some reason doesn't get nearly enough play in crossovers. A magic user would be very fun for this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Marion Clubhouse music wins by default, Janx_uwu's Mama & Tuxie alts win.

Submit alternate costumes for Fawful and Cackletta

Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Fawful & Cackletta, based on the design above.

This will be the last regular alt costume job - starting with the Yoshi newcomer, alts will be done along with a character's addition. Animations and newcomer Final Smashes will take the place of the regulat alt costume jobs

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The winners of the stage customisation vote are Weather & Time and, by removing my vote for Extreme Mode, Mii spectators!

Who should be the 5th revealed newcomer?

Character reveals will primarily be shadowdropped on a Dojo-esque blog, with only a few getting shared trailers. In this job we'll decide which newcomer reveal to shadowdrop a week or so after the trailer releases. We will be revealing the top 1, but you can vote for up to 3. Try to choose a fighter who could make a good 2nd impression after the first set of 2 classic comebacks and 2 obvious inclusions!

DKC stages and Yoshi newcomers will close soon

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fighter and stage subs are closed!
DK stage: Bramble Blast

This stage would have a main platform with a spiky underside; two platforms that are vertically stacked and move horizontally; and one barrel each on the left and right side of the stage you can jump into - the function like the Kongo Jungle 64 barrel, but blast horizontally instead of vertically and move vice versa, so you have to time it right to be sure you won't get brambles to the face. The stage also has two spikey ceilings and Squawks cameos.

Fighter submission: The Stork

From the Yoshi's Island series, the stork's job is to deliver babies to parents - however, it's a bit clumsy and often makes mistakes. In Smash, the Stork would fight using it's long legs and swift wings, as well as flying around and pecking.
Jelly Jamboree

The left and right side of the stage have platforms much like the left and right sides of Jungle Japes. In the center there are 5 Jelly Blocks that you can bounce on and occasionally a platform will fly to and from the center.
DK level: Scorch N Torch

Layout is an upside-down Battlefield. If hazards are on, fiery enemies will sometimes get launched in from the background, perhaps by a Kong rolling into them, and walk around. However, you can combat them by attacking with the watery fruits that sometimes spawn in the ground like turnips and act as normal items, or by using a character's water or ice based attack should they have one.

Yoshi newcomer: Hint Block

No, not an April Fool's joke.
Hint block would likely take inspiration from Orby's Rivals Workshop moveset - utilizing the various concepts they teach to Yoshi in their series in order to deal damage.
Yoshi Character:
Shy Guy

That's right! Shy Guy, the enemy, who always wears a mask and we don't know about his identity. He appeared in SMB2 as enemy and he later appeared in Yoshi games as an enemy again.

His moveset would be interesting, since he could use other Guys' attacks to fight.
Also, he has a lot of potential for his alts and even taunts.

It's a short write-up, since y'all guys know him.
Blockafeller

Robots from Yoshi's Crafted world, they appear all over the game. in terms of moveset they could incorporate many arts and crafts.
As easy as it would be to go for Kamek who is genuinely very deserving (and also not in enough Mario multiplayer games IMO), I'm going to go with someone else...

Yoshi character: Raphael the Raven

View attachment 349107

Why yes, I am submitting my favourite boss from Yoshi's Island. Raphael Raven is the leader of the Ravens. He used to be regular size but Kamek's magical meddling has turned him gigantic and he's been a big bird boy ever since. He fought Yoshi when Mario was a baby.

Despite his status as a boss, Raphael is a pretty good guy. Maybe he mellowed with age, but as of Paper Mario he not only aids the plumber, but writes a letter to offer aid to Sushie, requesting if she'd like him to cook her any food and wishes to hear all about her adventures with Mario.

Despite the lack of visible wings, Paper Mario also reveals that Ravens can fly. By flapping their feet.

Kamek
I wanted to do something less obvious, but I think it would would a shame if Kamek didn't get nominated. I truly think he's one of the kart major Mario characters with no representation on our roster yet. He's a recurring villian who for some reason doesn't get nearly enough play in crossovers. A magic user would be very fun for this game.
  1. Bramble Blast
  2. Jelly Jamboree
  3. Scorch N' Torch
Please vote here for a stage:
https://strawpoll.com/polls/kogjvY8lPg6

1. The Stork
  2. Hint Block
  3. Shy Guy
  4. Blockafeller
  5. Rapheal the Raven
  6. Kamek
Please vote for your top 3 ranked.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Adventure Mode routes for Daisy, Captain Toad, and/or Luigi!

Please submit adventure mode routes for Daisy, Captain Toad, and/or Luigi. Remember these guildlines:
  1. 10 rounds consisting of 6 platforming levels and 4 battles on regular stages
  2. Please provide songs for all stages, remixes are only allowed if they are already on one of the multiplayer stages
  3. Extra details like which enemies and items spawn are appreciated
  4. While not in effect yet, there will eventually come points where more and more platforming stages and enemies will need to be reused (though the prior's deadline before reuse inforcement will be little longer due to the introduction of Smash Race.) so try to submit content that could also fit other fighters
  5. If you feel later stage, song remix, or fighter content is fit for your route, ask me and I can retroactively add it.
Refer to the front page under "Modes and Features" > "Routes" for examples on previous routes

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Daisy
  1. Vs. Baby Bros. on Ringout Delfino Plaza
  2. Platforming level: Mario Circuit - enemies: Toad Kart, Shy Guy Kart
  3. Platforming level: Flower Garden - enemies: Yoshi Kart, Koopa Troopa Kart
  4. Vs. "Cool Chimp" Diddy Kong on Ringout Jungle Hijinxs (Rainy)
  5. Platforming level: Desert - enemies: Bombshell Koopa, Gao
  6. Platforming level: Beach - enemies: Mekabon, Pionpi
  7. Vs. Tennis Waluigi on Ringout Waluigi Pinball (Sunset)
  8. Platforming level: Mushroom Kingdom - enemies: Hammer Bros, Paragoombas
  9. Platforming level: Peach's Castle - enemies: Koopatrols, Chargin' Chucks
  10. Vs. Peach on Ringout Peach's Castle Melee (Nighttime)

Captain Toad
  1. Platforming level: Mushroom Kingdom - enemies: Goomba, Biddybuds
  2. Platforming level: Mountain - enemies: Shy Guy, Biddybuds
  3. Platforming level: Millstone Mayhem - enemies: Thwomp, Bill Blaster
  4. Vs. gorilla arcade DK team on Kongo Falls
  5. Platforming level: Jungle Hijinxs - enemies: Necky, Klaptrap
  6. Vs. Geno on daytime Lost Kingdom
  7. Vs. Kaptain K. Rool on stormy Gangplank Galleon
  8. Platforming level: Underground - enemies: Goombas, Piranha Plants
  9. Vs. giant Rockhopper Penguin Mama & Tuxie on Omega Minecart Tunnel Throwdown
  10. Platforming level: Mushroom Kingdom - enemies: Biddybuds, Goomba
Luigi
  1. Platforming level: Haunted Forest - enemies: Boos, Peepas
  2. Platforming level: Ghost House - enemies: Boos, Stretches
  3. Vs. Bone Piranha Plant team with ally Gooigi on Luigi's Mansion
  4. Platforming level: Factory - enemies: Mini Bowser, Mini Bowser Jr.
  5. Vs. black tennis Waluigi on Battlefield Smithy's Factory
  6. Platforming level: Underground - enemies: Piranha Plant, Shy Guy
  7. Platforming level: Macro Zone - enemies: Mini Luigi, Mini Waluigi
  8. Vs. giant Ashley with ally tiny Dimentio-colours Geno on Gamer
  9. Platforming level: Bowser's Castle - enemies: Chain Chomp, Bone Piranha Plant
  10. Vs. N64 "L is Real" Mario team on Baby Bowser's Castle
I have a feeling I went a slight bit too far with the "horror" element of the Luigi one in the latter half lmao

Speaking of which, I've added some weather and time changes to my Adventure routes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Discussion: Should we have "guest stages"?

We've had a lot of stage thus far, and I don't want to slow down or put a cap - I like to think of them as this game's gimmick like how Ultimate's is the fighter count, playing up the "platform" part of "platform fighter" if you will. (I'd love to hit 200 by the end of base game)

The thing is, I've been pondering Wuhu Island for a while and kinda feel that some more generic stages with small ties to the Mario universe could potentially return without any reskinning

The stages I'm pondering are:
  • Meta Crystal (Metal Mario's home stage, crystals seem inspired by Mario 64 and/or Yoshi's Island)
  • Wuhu Island (Was in Mario Kart 7 and 8 Deluxe, Miis are already featured)
  • Flat Zone 1, 2, or X (There are Mario games on Game & Watch, and Mario headlined the Game & Watch Gallery series) (I would personally prefer 1)
  • Boxing Ring (Mario and DK have both been in Punch-Out, stage already has a genericised form, represents a fighting theme the same way Mute City and Excitebike in Mario Kart represent a racing theme)
Though I welcome you to suggest any returning stages you think fit.

I want to discuss this rather than voting or submitting, and I'll decide the next step to take (be it voting, auto-adding all or a set, disregarding the idea altogether, so on) from there. note that Mr. G&W, Little Mac, and any oher characters who's stages may be discussed in this period are still off the table for base game even if all these stages are added.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel this should be okay. More content is always good and these being port jobs means that (in our hypothetical world) they'd be farily easy to include. I think maybe Duck Hunt could be one because of the pack in, but this is a soild list.

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm honestly on the fence. On one hand, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world (given we already have a stage with Sonic characters appearing), and the rationale behind the suggested stages does make sense, but at the same time, I don't really want it to become too much. For example, I think Wuhu Island and Boxing Ring make sense since those games have truly "crossed over" with Mario, but Flat Zone is kind of a stretch IMO. Also, I'd probably want the music for said stages to stem primarily from Mario games (I would make exceptions for things such as Donkey Kong's theme from Punch-Out Wii).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm honestly on the fence. On one hand, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world (given we already have a stage with Sonic characters appearing), and the rationale behind the suggested stages does make sense, but at the same time, I don't really want it to become too much. For example, I think Wuhu Island and Boxing Ring make sense since those games have truly "crossed over" with Mario, but Flat Zone is kind of a stretch IMO. Also, I'd probably want the music for said lists to stem primarily from Mario games (I would make exceptions for things such as Donkey Kong's theme from Punch-Out Wii).
I feel like this is fair. Maybe for now keep it to games Mario (or Mario related characters) has appeared in (or vice versa in the case of wuhu)?

Honestly we could prolly add a new G&W stage based on a game like cement factory down the line anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Honestly we could prolly add a new G&W stage based on a game like cement factory down the line anyway.
I'd be down for that! The reason I'm against Flat Zone being in the game is because it's a collection of non-Mario games, but I'd be thrilled to get Mario's Cement Factory in (plus, we could use Game & Watch Gallery music, since those games make heavy use of Mario characters anyway).

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I do think we could probably reskin Summit into an ice level from Mario, or maybe even the first half of a Freezeflame Galaxy stage. Other than that I got nothing that hasn't been stated already.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This is a mega ultra Super Stretch but a version of Minecraft world that has the textures and some buildings from the Mario Mash-up pack could be something

Other than that idea I agree with everyone else with Boxing Ring, Wuhu Island, Meta Crystal and Flat Zone would all be good fits

Last edited:
Top Bottom