• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Arcade Mode:

You will battle a string of fighters, each on a "home stage" of sorts (Peach on Peach's Birthday Cake, K. Rool on Gangplank Galleon, etc).
A minigame will play halfway through, and the final match will be against a character-specific Rival (every character is paired with a rival). After beating the Rival, you fight a Boss.

We can vote on the minigames, Rival pairings, and possible bosses.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Job #10: Character-Specific Adventure Mode

Since Wario3 didn't specify this, I assume it's okay.

It's the "adventure" of Melee's adventure mode combined with the uniqueness of Ultimate's classic mode. Basically, each character has their own specific route with 4 unique platforming segments. (In reference to the amount of levels in a world in the original Super Mario Bros) You may think this seems like a lot. But it's not as large as you think. Nintendo made a total of 179 levels for Super Mario Maker 2. So if we have a roster of 44 characters, we'd have 176 segments. Inbetween the platforming segments are the classic Smash Bros battles with characters relating to the theme. Before finally culminating with the boss.

I feel this would be a nice way to have an Ultimate style classic mode while calling back to Mario's platformer roots. This would also be able to represent the different subseries better than having them be worlds in a predefined route. Being able to get both the recognizable and obscure locations in.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #10: Character-Specific Adventure Mode

Since Wario3 didn't specify this, I assume it's okay.

It's the "adventure" of Melee's adventure mode combined with the uniqueness of Ultimate's classic mode. Basically, each character has their own specific route with 4 unique platforming segments. (In reference to the amount of levels in a world in the original Super Mario Bros) You may think this seems like a lot. But it's not as large as you think. Nintendo made a total of 179 levels for Super Mario Maker 2. So if we have a roster of 44 characters, we'd have 176 segments. Inbetween the platforming segments are the classic Smash Bros battles with characters relating to the theme. Before finally culminating with the boss.

I feel this would be a nice way to have an Ultimate style classic mode while calling back to Mario's platformer roots. This would also be able to represent the different subseries better than having them be worlds in a predefined route. Being able to get both the recognizable and obscure locations in.
This should be fine as long as there's a relatively large amount of overlap and reused levels.

Speaking of which, I'm currently thinking this game will have about 50 characters (give or take) which means 36 newcomers (including Waluigi, Goomba, and Geno) - 34 newcomer jobs may be a lot to handle, but I am thinking of adding some characters in batch like I have with stages, though given how big a deal character-related jobs are that will be done very sparingly.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel the music and item votes are at enough of a landslide to end now - Goomba Shoe will be the new item courtesy of Baysha Baysha while each stage will have 4 different songs. I have a submission method in mind for songs, which I will now present:

Job #11 and #12: Submit songs for 75M and Rainbow Road
Please submit 4 songs for these stages - fanmade remixes are allowed, but you can't just link the original song and say it'd be remixed. We will vote on the songs for these stages and the top 4 individual songs will make it in.

If a later stage would be a better fit for a song already added (say, 25M is added but 25M BGM is already on 75M) then you can submit a replacement song for the earlier stage in the later submissions for the new stage (for example "25M BGM - Donkey Kong (Replaced with Opening (Donkey Kong) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl on 75M)" come 25M's hypothetical music submissions if 25M BGM is included in 75M's tracklist)

I hope to have music submissions or voting open at all times in some form if possible.

Last edited:
This should be fine as long as there's a relatively large amount of overlap and reused levels.

Speaking of which, I'm currently thinking this game will have about 50 characters (give or take) which means 36 newcomers (including Waluigi, Goomba, and Geno) - 34 newcomer jobs may be a lot to handle, but I am thinking of adding some characters in batch like I have with stages, though given how big a deal character-related jobs are that will be done very sparingly.
I have a question.
Will be there DLC Content in this game or not?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 10
My submission will be Smash 3DS' take on Classic mode, where there are various forks in the road and you can choose ones with more rewards but also have more challenging fights, or easier routes with less rewards. However, in Super Mario Smash Bros, the parts where you select routes is based on various Mario world maps which you can change between in the Settings menu.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy moveset submissions will remain open for an extended period to allow WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever to submit. Single player submissions will close soon and 75M/Rainbow Road music submissions will close shortly after - if nobody else submits songs for 75M and Rainbow Road we'll skip voting and go straight to the next songlist job.
Actually, I’m backing Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear ‘s submission

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ah, OK! In that case I'll close submissions now and open voting

One player mode submissions are also now closed,

1. Adventure mode ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  2. Arcade mode ( Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear )
  3. Character-specific adventure mode ( Baysha Baysha )
  4. Character themed classic mode paths a la Ultimate ( Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy )
  5. Alternating paths classic mode a la 3DS ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Please vote for your top 2. Ranked voting is in effect.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Music submissions are now closed! As my submissions win by default due to a lack of any other subs, we will jumping straight into...

Jobs #13, #14, and #15: Submit music tracks for Super Happy Tree 64, Kongo Jungle 64, and Mushroom Kingdom Melee!

That's right, the three stages that's counterpart stages have just been reskinned. Try to consider the other avaliable stages for this, because while we can swap things around for later introduced stages, if a song that may be more fitting for Jungle Hijinx; Super Mario Maker; or Yoshi's Island Brawl (for example) gets put here it's stuck there!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Track #1 and #3 for Super Happy Tree, and Track #1 for Mushroom Kingdom are both already on my list - I apologise if I wasn't clear enough when describing the music process in the past, but basically songs are voted for individually instead of as a list. Great picks either way though!
oh sorry, i didn't catch that part. I'll swap em out real quick!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Character-specific Classic: 0
Alternating paths: 3
Arcade: 5
Adventure: 6
Character-specific Adventure: 7

Baysha Baysha 's character-specific Adventure Mode wins! Votes on the worlds for this mode won't begin until we have more battle stages.

Job #16 will be opening shortly, get ready: it's a character job!

Job 16:
Kamek the Magikoopa (Yoshi Series)

1644604034630.png

Kamek is main Antagonist of Yoshi series. He is magikoopa that stole Baby Luigi from Yoshi and Baby Mario and they need to save Baby Luigi before Kamek gives him to baby Bowser.
Kamek is one of iconic and popular evil Mario Characters and he could have potential for appearing in Super Mario Smash Bros.

His moveset in Mario Smash would be similar to his appearances in the Game's like he could use his Spells as Neutral B that gives opponents random effects or Up B can be Broom Flight like Ashley's, but he could also use his Neutral B while flying. He could also do random stuff like sending Shy Guys or Yoshi Mooks for help in random attacks like Side Smash for example.
Also, his Final Smash could be Naval Piranha, where it eats fighterz and KOes them without any issues.

Now he could even have his own home stage: Baby Bowser's Castle. (For crying out loud, HOW COOL IS THAT?!)

I picked Kamek as new character, because he could be another Yoshi rep for the roster and we needed it for long time. Also, it could be inspiration taken from Paraster Paraster 's thread of Alternate SSBU DLC and cashregister9 cashregister9 's Smash Reboot, where he appeared in those creation threads. Also he could fit like Piranha Plant, since they both are Enemies from Mario Universe (Notably Yoshi universe).
THAT'S ALL I WANT TO SAY ABOUT KAMEK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 16:

Kamek is main Antagonist of Yoshi series. He is magikoopa that stole Baby Luigi from Yoshi and Baby Mario and they need to save Baby Luigi before Kamek gives him to baby Bowser.
Kamek is iconic Mario Character and he could have potential for Super Mario Smash Bros.

His moveset in Mario Smash would be similar to his appearances in the Game's like he could use his Spells as Neutral B that gives opponents random effects or Up B can be Broom Flight like Ashley's, but he could also use his Neutral B while flying. He could also do random stuff like sending Shy Guys or Yoshi Mooks for help in random attacks like Side Smash.
Also, his Final Smash could be Naval Piranha, where it eats fighter and KOes them without the issue.

I picked Kamek as new character, because he could be another Yoshi rep for the roster and we needed it for long time. Also, it could be inspiration taken from Paraster Paraster 's thread of Alternate SSBU DLC and cashregister9 cashregister9 's Smash Reboot, where he appeared in those creation threads. Also he could fit like Piranha Plant, since they both are Enemies from Mario Universe (Notably Yoshi universe).
The job's not open yet

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #16: Submit a fighter from either Wario or Yoshi games!

Compared to DK, these two series have always got the short end of the stick in Smash - let's change that! You can only submit one fighter for this job, so pick wisely which of the two subseries you want to represent right now. Note that these characters must be from Wario or Yoshi games, so Boshi or Birdetta (for example) wouldn't be allowed.

Job #17: Submit a Super Mario RPG stage

Since we have Geno it's only fair we give him a home stage. This should be a location that is instantly recognisable as Mario RPG and it couldn't be interpreted as any other game. This is for Legend of the Seven Stars exclusively, so Paper Mario; Mario & Luigi; or Rabbids stages are not allowed.

D

Deleted member

Ashley_WW_Gold.png

Ashley

Cool witch girl. She was a pretty common request for the main series and is arguebly the most popular Warioware character who's not the big man himself. It would make a lot of sense to include her here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job 16:

View attachment 344876
Kamek is one of iconic and popular evil Mario Characters and he could have potential for appearing in Super Mario Smash Bros.

His moveset in Mario Smash would be similar to his appearances in the Game's like he could use his Spells as Neutral B that gives opponents random effects or Up B can be Broom Flight like Ashley's, but he could also use his Neutral B while flying. He could also do random stuff like sending Shy Guys or Yoshi Mooks for help in random attacks like Side Smash for example.
Also, his Final Smash could be Naval Piranha, where it eats fighterz and KOes them without any issues.

Now he could even have his own home stage: Baby Bowser's Castle. (For crying out loud, HOW COOL IS THAT?!)

Job 17:
Forest Maze
1644604506108.png

Forest Maze
is a labyrinth of trees and underground passages found in the game Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It includes some underground caverns accessed by traveling down tree stumps as well as some regular forested areas, but the main part is a maze infested with unlimited enemies. Also scattered throughout the forest are Mushrooms that the player can collect.

After Gaz's Geno doll is possessed by ♡♪!?, he walks out of Rose Town and into the Forest Maze. Mario and Mallow, upon hearing this from Gaz, give chase to the doll. They eventually arrive at a a part of the forest that is taken over by Bowyer, a bow-like creature that is shooting Aeros at Rose Town. While Mario and Mallow spy on Bowyer, an Aero arrives and presents Bowyer with one of the Star Pieces. However, it is at this moment that Geno shows up, and attempts to fight Bowyer. With help from Mario and Mallow, Geno is able to defeat Bowyer and claim the second Star Piece. Afterward, Geno decides to join Mallow and Mario in claiming the remaining Star Pieces to repair Star Road.

The "maze" portion of the forest is navigated by following Geno at first. Eventually, however, he stops appearing. At this point, however, the player is close enough to Bowyer to judge where to go based on the trajectory of the falling Aeros. If a wrong turn is made, the player starts back at the beginning.

Later, in Seaside Town, there is a Toad called the Mushroom Boy that can taste a Mushroom collected here or bought to see if it is a rare Mushroom.

In the children's book, Mario and the Incredible Rescue, Mario, Luigi and Toad go to Forest Maze in search for one of the six magic mushrooms. After finding the orange mushroom, the trio fights two Hammer Bros.

The above text is from the Super Mario Wiki and is available under a Creative Commons license. Attribution must be provided through a list of authors or a link back to the original article.
Source: https://www.mariowiki.com/Forest_Maze

The layout:
1644604485305.png

Well, the layout would be the same as in Smash Crusade, which there are 2 tilted platforms and one platform on middle.

Why?
Because the Forest Maze is one of most known locations in SMRPG on SNES and this is the place, where Geno became alive.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since Tankman's submission does qualify for this job, it will be allowed unless he wants to change it - please don't post submissions early in future though.

My fighter submission: The Stork

From the Yoshi's Island series, the stork's job is to deliver babies to parents - however, it's a bit clumsy and often makes mistakes. In Smash, the Stork would fight using it's long legs and swift wings, as well as flying around and getting help from the babies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 16: Fighter Submission
The Shake King (Wario Land)
Shake_King_WLSI_sack.png

As a one-off character appearing way back in Wario Land: Shake It as the antagonist, this dimensional pirate/Viking captain took over the Shake Dimension with his many minions as well bosses. Wario later confronted him with the two having a battle until he was defeated and is now gone.

While he may be a forgotten character, I think he would great to see as a fighter and another villain rep.

I picture him being pretty heavy and able to do powerful attacks with brute strength, he would be the heaviest character with Bowser in second. Also, he can manipulate electricity, either to use hyper beams, shoot projectiles, and lightning bolts which would be pretty cool.
(For example he can glow blue and charge at opponents, as well do a ground pound attack)

For his Final Smash, I would go with his giant blue laser attack.

(My first time here)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Yoshi character:
1644639272863.png
1644639562772.png

Flutter
I think Flutter should qualify as a Yoshi character because it originated in Yoshi's Island for the SNES, was one of the playable characters (and Yoshi's friends) in Tetris Attack, and rarely appears otherwise outside of spinoff games like Mario Party. It would rely heavily on air combat, with multiple jumps and probably a float ability like Peach. I could also envision Flutter having aerial smash attacks like Wrastor in Rivals of Aether. It could also potentially team up with Eggo-dils like in Tetris Attack.

Super Mario RPG Stage:
1644639629968.png
1644639663201.png

Belome Temple
A mysterious golden temple in Land's End owned and guarded by Belome. Belome himself will appear on the stage as a boss. He can be fought and KO'd by players, and whoever defeats him gains a point or extra stock. Belome has many attacks, but his most notable one is swallowing a fighter, which produces a clone of that fighter who fights on Belome's side. Defeating this clone does not score a point.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Wario Character: Mona

Mona would be an interesting character from WarioWare. Her attacks would include using her scooter, hitting people with pizza boxes, and using her cheerleading baton.

Super Mario RPG stage: Smithy’s Factory

For the Mario RPG stage I pick Smithy’s Factory. It’s large stage that contains a lot of platforms and conveyer belts. It also occasionally brings out machine made enemies who attack the characters.

Top Bottom