• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards develops WarioWare Switch!

Who should split off into their own stages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let me preface this by saying that my sleep schedule is all over the place and I don't have a good grasp of the time so this will be a bit wonky. I'll always give an hour's warning at least before a job closes.

If you've seen the Smash Infinite or Mario Kart 9 threads you'll know what to do here. However, we haven't got any old CEO backing us, but Wario himself! He promises to pay us generously, there were a few asteriskses and a tiny small print but that probably doesn't mean much.

We will be voting on:

Stages and their characters (this includes WarioWare, Wario Land, Super Mario Land and Wario's Woods characters, as well as canon Mario characters with ties or similarities to Wario. OCs are also allowed as long as they fit the world)
Plots and themes for stages
Microgames (returning and new)
Minigames
Multiplayer modes
Toys
Small details (for example what animal to use on the variety tower)

We will not be voting on control schemes - Mash, Twist, and Touch are set in stone, but we will be able to make use of them in more unique ways, like upwards tilting; shoulder button use; or microgames that combine multiple control schemes. Control schemes will be tied to specific characters/stages and characters will be seperated by theme instead. Mic will not appear due to a lack of microphone on the Switch

CONFIRMED CONTENT SO FAR:

Stages: (order to be decided, asterisks signify characters who may be split but for now share a single stage)
Wario (Intro)
Jimmy T.
Mona
Dribble and Spitz
9-Volt
18-Volt
5-Volt
Ashley and Red
Dr. Crygor and Mike
Penny Crygor
Kat and Ana
Young Cricket and Master Mantis
Orbulon
Waluigi
Tatanga
Captain Syrup
Boom
Katsini
Reporter Ken
Wanda
Mad and Aqualea
Princess Shokora
A variant of Wario (Finale, TBA)

So, now on to our first jobs.
JOB #1:
Decide whether to split certain characters
See above poll. Once this and the next job's outcomes have been decided on we will assign each character microgame themes - with the exception of Wario who will get Wario-themed games and the Volts who will get Nintendo microgames, though if we split them up we will find some specific subcategories for each. Every character to get more than half of the most popular character's votes will be split.

JOB #2:
Submit the 6 new characters
For a game like this, getting the character list out of the way first is probably best - and what's more WarioWare than finishing everything at the same time? We will be allowing each participant to submit 3 employees each. these characters can be from WarioWare, Wario Land, Super Mario Land or Wario's Woods, as well as canon Mario characters with ties or similarities to Wario. OCs are also allowed as long as they fit the world and you can provide a design for them when submitting. Crossover, Yoshi, and DK characters will not be allowed for now. The Finale Wario variant will be decided on later into development. This vote will not include Jimmy T. duplicates or anything in those veins. Since he would likely sweep this poll, Waluigi has been confirmed in advance. Please do not submit the plots or themes for your character's stages, we will decide those later down the line. A description of the character is not required unless they're an OC. You can submit duos or teams. Remember that we will be voting on these characters.

Good luck chump-I mean champs! Wahahaha! Oh, I love mone-I mean my employees.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll have to think about whether Chunky should be allowed or not. Most likely a no, but I wouldn't rule him out either.
At first I thought he was allowed because he is technically canon to the Mario universe, but I must've skimmed over this part:
DK characters will not be allowed for now
So I'll edit in a different character I had in mind if need be.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 2:
(I'm most familiar with Wario's career as an antagonist being a big Wario's Woods guy, so bare with me here)

Katsini:

A true showman, Katsini is Toad's first opponent in Wario's Woods (SNES).

May or may not be related to fellow Wario potential employee Tatanga, we're not sure, but we do know he looks totally dapper in a top hat and he's not particularly great at puzzle games...

Seizer:

Seizer is from what we gather, the grim reaper, but he's worked for Wario before. Yes, Wario seems to (possibly) have even death himself on his pay roll.

Once defeated Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Wanda in Super Mario-Kun and almost claimed victory for Wario, only for Toad to come back and defeat him in the end, just like he did in Wario's Woods (NES).

Wanda:
Wanda.png

Wanda is a magical sprite/fairy who previously was an opponent of Wario in Mario & Wario. In that game Wario had blinded Mario, Yoshi and Peach by...dropping buckets, egg shells or barrels on their heads and it was Wanda's job to guide them safely to Luigi who would remove the bucket from their heads. Apparently it never occured to Mario, Yoshi or Peach to do it themselves...

Wanda is full of magic, but also fury as she would attack Wario's plane with her hammer, and is the one providing Toad with bombs to battle Wario in some interpretations of Wario's Woods(notably Super Mario-Kun).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
At first I thought he was allowed because he is technically canon to the Mario universe, but I must've skimmed over this part:

So I'll edit in a different character I had in mind if need be.
I'd say edit in a different character.

As this is an important job, submissions will continue for a bit.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have an Idea for a Minigame! Its called Mini Wario Land!

Mini Wario Land

It has a Theater Artstyle

You control it by using the Buttons

Stick Controls A jumps and b is this:

There are 4 Difficulty Levels!

Level Easy is set on a Beach
Level Medium is set in a Volcano
Level Hard on a Pirate Ship
Level Extreme in Syrups Castle

It play like Wario Land 1 and has 3 formns that being Small, Normal and Biker

Smal and Normal are like in Wario land while Biker uses the Wario Bike to dash which goes Farther and can break Harder Block

Enemys: (they look like Dolls)
Goom
Pirat Goom
D.D.
Gura Gura
Penkoon
Pouncer
Red

Bosses: (are other Wario ware Chars in Disguise)
Spiked Koopa Trio (is Jimmy T and brothers in Disguise)
The evil Witch (is the boss of the Spooky world in SML2 who could this be HMMMMMMMM)
Giant Mecha Pirate Goom (is controled by 9- Volt)
Syrup (first phase faked by Mona in the second phase the real syrup angriely kicks her away)

You can beat the 4 levels easily but collecting money is the hard part also they get harder each time you beat the Boss!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I want to close up submissions and start voting soon, first I want to know if BonafideFella BonafideFella has some OCs he can submit. If he answers no we will instantly continue into voting. If he answers yes we will wait for him to submit his OCs then continue into voting, I have the rules ready for votes. Remember that this is the only vote we'll do for stages (unless we enter a DLC cycle) so choose wisely!

The poll will close extremely soon - be sure to get in your votes! Red, Mike, and Master Mantis are all one vote away from getting their own stages - assuming Penny doesn't get any extra votes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK then, voting is officially closed! The Volts and Penny now officially have their own stages.

The submissions are:

Reporter Ken
Rudy the Clown
Mad and Aqualea
Shake King
Cractus
Boom
Garlic Dispenser
Dr. Payne
Elephant Ogre
Captain Syrup
Tatanga
Princess Shokora
Katsini
Seizer
Wanda
Greenfist
King Totomesu
Three Little Pigheads

One thing I must emphasise is that some characters (Cractus or Rudy for example) may not fit the more mundane world of WarioWare - however, if these characters get voted in we can have a go at redesining them to fit Diamond City better. I have a small bit of experience in redesigning characters so there's at least one guy fit for the job here.

So, now here's how voting works for this job:
You can vote for 6 characters, 3 "Top" characters, who get 2 votes from you, and 3 "Normal" characters, who get 1 vote from you. You can only vote for one of your own submissions and they must be in the "Normal" tier. Once all characters are decided on we will choose their level themes, and when that's done... that's when microgame mania begins. (something I should note: there will be 20 microgames per stage. With 21 characters that will leave us with, by coincidence, a very nice 420 microgames - 120 more microgames than Gold!)

Just so you know, the marketing materials will say "Over 400 microgames", not "420 microgames". We've got a family friendly reputation to keep up! The red punk's already on my trail for all the copyright infringement in 9-Volt's games!

My votes shall be:

Top:
Boom
Pigheads
Katsini

Normal:
Syrup
Totomesu
Reporter Ken

In the mean time, here's Job 3:

Job 3
Decide the distinguishing factor between the Volts' levels.
Stages will have themes tied to them that are reflected through all of their microgames (for example: ghosts, sports, animals), but unlike Gold there will be no duplicates - therefore we need a way to distinguish the Volts' stages while still making them all Nintendo themed. Submit 3 different subcategories of "Nintendo", one tied to each Volt.

My submission is:
9-Volt: 2010s-2020s Nintendo
18-Volt: 90s-2000s Nintendo
5-Volt: Toy era to 80s Nintendo

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I really like Torgo's set up for the Volts actually.

My only concern is who gets peripherals in that scenario; stuff like the Power Glove, NES Zapper, Super Scope, etc; 9-Volt or 5-Volt?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I really like Torgo's set up for the Volts actually.

My only concern is who gets peripherals in that scenario; stuff like the Power Glove, NES Zapper, Super Scope, etc; 9-Volt or 5-Volt?
I would say 5-Volt. She probably has the least amount of source material in this example, so...

Unless of course the Zapper is being used for Duck Hunt or something, ya know? But then I guess there wouldn't be any point to using the Zapper...maybe that's not a good idea...

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Voting is closed!

Tatanga (6 votes) and Captain Syrup (9 votes) will be getting their own stages. Also joining will be all of the following, who all got 4 votes:
Boom
Katsini
Reporter Ken
Wanda
Mad and Aqualea
Shokora

This is more than the initially planned amount which of course, means more microgames, therefore more money for Wario.

I have also closed submissions for Volt subcategories due to a lack of thread activity.

The options are:
Eras (WWW)
Platforms (Torgo)

Arcade games, as suggested by Otoad, will be incorporated into 5-Volt's stage if Torgo's is chosen. You only get one vote this time. Once this is over we'll make the Volts' microgames, then choose themes for other microgame devs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom