• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't think an FE rep would count - as I mentioned in my description or what makes a character a meme, they'd have to be known as memes primarily in large circles (and for reasons) not associated with Smash
Saw quite a few Eldegard memes tbh. She's pretty deviseve character for her story actions.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Most of Waluigi's meme status came from Smash, to be fair.
I would say in Waluigi's case it was indirectly - the roots of Waluigi as a meme were (arguably) Brawl in the Family, a Smash webcomic yes, but not in directly-Smash-themed strips, and to my memory most of Waluigi's meme popularity spread through Tumblr stories and music remixes, not Smash specifically.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Paraster didn't specifically mention "cannot be associated with Smash" in regards to meme picks, so I think he makes a good case for his submission.
I submitted the prompt and was asked to further clarify - here is what I said
I would say a "meme pick" is a character who is either 1. not conventionally considered a character (Wii Fit, Tetromino, Piranha Plant, Duck Hunt, maybe Villager); or 2. the basis of an actual meme or similar status of infamy for reasons not directly related to Smash, to the point where that's what they're primarily known for in certain circles. (Steve, Sans, Waluigi, Untitled Goose, Bubsy).

In short, someone who people would laugh about if they got in.

Paraster

Smash Lord
While I personally believe Edelgard would qualify as a "meme pick," I believe deferring to a prompt's submitter is best. If I were not the thread's owner, I would not want a prompt of mine to be interpreted in a way that contradicts my intent when I submitted it. As such, I withdraw my Edelgard submission and instead put forth...
1641945732999.png

...yes, seriously.

Dracovish is a Fossil Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield, the product of a scientist splicing together two fossils that don't match. While not the most famous Galar Pokemon, it has proven distinctive for a few reasons.
  • The "mismatched fossils" concept (also applicable to Galar's other Fossil Pokemon) allows for jokes about a pained existence.
  • Dracovish has proven surprisingly powerful in competitive Pokemon thanks to its "Fishious Rend" move being capable of hitting an effective 255 base power under the right conditions.
  • It looks very goofy.
  • Thanks to YouTuber Alpharad, it has gained the nickname "Mr. Fish."
Voting will start probably within the hour.

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP7 Fighter Vote
I was going to submit Morshu, but i changed my mind

Tetromino (Tetris)

This "character" comes from a game that once WAS the highest-selling video game, but Crusade made it a plaayble one.
My submission will be: Bubsy

What could PAWsibly go wrong? This chatty bobcat is one of the most infamous characters ever coded, and stays in people's minds thanks to his narcy coward personality and questionable game design decisions - however, he does have earnest fans who would die to see him in Smash. Bubsy would be be a fast, slippery fighter like Luigi who can, like Steve, glide.

Waluigi

OP mentioned wanting more first party characters and there is no Nintendo character more infamous and meme worthy than this lanky fella.
sans.
that's the submission.
Multiple Weapon character:
Jonesy (Fortnite)

View attachment 340752
(Sorry, Image is too big, but that's ok)
Who is Jonesy? (You guys know him)
Jonesy
is a main protagonist of Fortnite franchise and he is known for being Player's default avatar and leader of Imagined Order in Fortnite Lore. In Fortnite, his purpose is being last one standing person while fighting 100 players on huge maps through chapters and his second purpose in Fortnite Lore is balancing the bridge between Islands and Dimensions.
Jonesy is one of iconic VG Characters, who could represent well-known ground-breaking Battle Royale genre and he could fit in smash due to Fighting with Multiple Weapons.

How Jonesy could work?
Just like Steve, Jonesy could have building gimmick and he could use different weapons in the fight like Rifles or Shotguns. His building gimmick would work while he could switch between Gun Mode or Build Mode by using his Shield Special like Inkling does when it's running out of Ink. The Build mode would work like steve's, but he could build ramps, walls and rooftops to protect from Enemy's Attacks. While gun mode would allow him to shoot and using ranged weapons like Grenades. His jab could be his Pickaxe and side smash can be Tactical Shotgun that can make a headshot by occasion.
Jonesy could be Middle-Weight mix up character with no additional movement options.

Why Jonesy needs to be in Smash?
Yeah, I know some people hate Fortnite, but I include him, because he is one of Iconic Modern game characters like Steve from Minecraft and he could represent Battle Royale Genre, which he could fit into this game as Newcomer. Since Fortnite was booming in 2017-2018, that could mean that he can join smash due to it's popularity. Despite that, he could be a suprise pick since people won't expect him to join the Battle.
While I personally believe Edelgard would qualify as a "meme pick," I believe deferring to a prompt's submitter is best. If I were not the thread's owner, I would not want a prompt of mine to be interpreted in a way that contradicts my intent when I submitted it. As such, I withdraw my Edelgard submission and instead put forth...
View attachment 342386
...yes, seriously.

Dracovish is a Fossil Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield, the product of a scientist splicing together two fossils that don't match. While not the most famous Galar Pokemon, it has proven distinctive for a few reasons.
  • The "mismatched fossils" concept (also applicable to Galar's other Fossil Pokemon) allows for jokes about a pained existence.
  • Dracovish has proven surprisingly powerful in competitive Pokemon thanks to its "Fishious Rend" move being capable of hitting an effective 255 base power under the right conditions.
  • It looks very goofy.
  • Thanks to YouTuber Alpharad, it has gained the nickname "Mr. Fish."
Voting will start probably within the hour.
Vote your top 3 of these 6. You may vote your own for #2 or #3.

My votes:
#1: Sans
#2: Dracovish
#3: Waluigi

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP7 Fighter Results
Voters: 8

Tetromino: 12
Bubsy: 5
Waluigi: 10
Sans: 13
Jonesy: 4
Dracovish: 4

...well, well, well.
Untitled.png

(render source)

I'd have liked a first party, but you won't hear me complain about this victory! Our Challenger Pack 7 is indie rep #1--from one of my favorite indies, at that--Sans from Undertale!

Submissions for Sans's moveset, stage, and music list are open.

Paraster

Smash Lord
This moveset is very stupid--maybe to a fault--but I feel like a Sans moveset has to be a bit stupid.
  • Attributes
    • Sans is designed to be a wacky, unpredictable character that doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else. He is very light.
    • Gimmick: Sans is capable of damaging opponents through invincibility. Specifically, his attacks will deal a much smaller amount of damage (not sure of the exact number; maybe somewhere from one-tenth to three-tenths?) and cannot apply knockback to "invincible" opponents.
  • Basic Attacks
    • Neutral attack: Sans pushes his hand out palm-first.
    • Dash attack: Sans slides forward, as if slipping on ice.
  • Tilts
    • Forward tilt: Sans squeezes a ketchup packet, releasing a burst of ketchup forward. This applies a red-colored version of Inkling's Ink effect.
    • Up tilt: Sans swings his arm up, entering a "high-five me!" pose.
    • Down tilt: Sans points to the ground and a small wave of short bones shoots along it.
  • Smash Attacks
    • Side smash: Sans summons a Gaster Blaster in front of himself with its mouth open; it bites down.
    • Up smash: Sans swings a telescope upward before briefly looking through it.
    • Down smash: Sans summons a wave of bones from the ground on both sides of himself.
  • Aerials
    • Neutral aerial: Sans flops forward, as if falling asleep, though he quickly wakes up. (The hitbox lasts for the full sleeping animation, and ends when he wakes up.)
    • Forward aerial: Sans throws a handful of ketchup-covered fries forward. This attack can also apply Ink.
    • Back aerial: Sans squeezes a whoopie cushion with the "nozzle" pointing directly behind himself.
    • Up aerial: Sans thrusts his head upward, causing three hot dogs to bounce straight up.
    • Down aerial: Sans thrusts his butt downward. This attack can spike.
  • Grab & Throws
    • Grab: Sans holds his hand out while a blue SOUL sprite appears over the opponent.
    • Pummel: Sans reaches forward and smacks the opponent.
    • Forward throw: Sans thrusts his hand forward, causing the opponent to be flung in that direction.
    • Back Throw: Sans teleports behind the opponent, then performs the same actions as forward throw.
    • Up Throw: Sans lazily flings his hand up, causing the opponent to fly upward.
    • Down Throw: Sans telekinetically pushes the opponent down as he summons some short bones out of the ground.
  • Specials
    • Neutral special: Gaster Blaster
      • Sans summons a Gaster Blaster about his size in front of himself. The Blaster fires a laser (about one-third the length of Final Destination) 1.5 seconds after it is summoned. If B is held, however, the laser is delayed until B is released.
    • Side special: Blue Bones
      • Sans throws a small series of flying cyan bone projectiles forward. If an opponent is doing any control stick inputs at the moment they are hit by a bone, they are damaged and put in a hitstun; while in a blue bone's hitstun, the opponent is capable of being hit by other bones from the same group even if the control stick is released.
      • If an opponent is not making a control stick input, the bones do nothing. The bones can be blocked by shields, but cause significant shield-stun.
      • This move has a cooldown after use (maybe somewhere from 5-10 seconds?).
    • Up special: Shortcut
      • Sans's body blinks in place before instantly transporting to a spot a short distance away (direction determined by control stick input). This does not put him into freefall, but until he lands, each subsequent use will result in longer startup.
    • Down Special: Blue Attack
      • Sans releases a burst of blue light. Any opponents hit by the flash (which has a small and short-lasting hitbox, like Rest) will be surrounded by a blue aura; their movement speed and jump height are temporarily reduced slightly. The bone itself does no damage.
      • Landing this move while the target is already affected will reset the timer.
  • Final Smash: Sans's Final Smash
    • Sans summons a hollow white box in front of himself. Any opponents trapped inside the box are transported into a cinematic where their SOULs are in Undertale's UI--trapped inside the Bullet Box. A barrage of bone attacks are unleashed upon the opponents, ending with four Gaster Blasters firing at once.
    • The UI displays the LV as 19 and has the health bar constantly decreasing over the attack (completely cosmetic). No name is displayed. The SOULs' colors match the player colors. The SOULs can be controlled by the corresponding players, but this does not affect damage.
Snowdin
1642042867472.png

(image from this Rivals of Aether workshop stage--does not reflect the layout of my design)

A snow-covered underground forest where Sans and his brother Papyrus are primarily based out of. This stage consists of a plateau high above the forest and several platforms made from outcroppings of earth (think the grass area of Mushroom Kingdom U). On both sides of the plateau are collapsed bridges--completely cosmetic. In the background is a wooden sentry station.

If hazards are on, Papyrus will occasionally appear by literally bursting out of the snow. He them presses a button on a small remote and activates one of several puzzles. There are six specific spots where puzzles may appear. Only one puzzle will be active at a time. All puzzles will end after 15-20 seconds.
  • Spikes appear at three of the spots. These deal damage.
  • Colored tiles appear at two of the spots. These deal damage and briefly stun fighters before knocking them away.
  • Snow sculptures of Papyrus appear at two of the spots. These act as additional terrain, but can be destroyed.
  • A pair of spotlights on stands appears at one of the spots. If a fighter enters the light while grounded, they automatically taunt while a Mettaton logo appears in front of them. A victim of this is made immune to the effects for 5 seconds or so.
  • A large red button appears at one of the spots. If the button is attacked, it is pressed, causing flame geysers to appear at three of the spots and move back and forth while cannonballs rain from above.
  1. Enemy Approaching / Stronger Monsters
  2. Heartache
  3. sans.
  4. Bonetrousle (includes the extended ending from the trailer version)
  5. Spear of Justice
  6. CORE
  7. Death By Glamour
  8. ASGORE
  9. Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World
  10. MEGALOVANIA (yes, just the one we got in real life again)
  11. Mad Mew Mew
  12. Rude Buster
  13. Chaos King
(i almost added megalo strike back because i thought it'd be really funny)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
You cannot tell me Toby Fox wouldn't be like SNK and just say "yes" when he sees the proposed music list

1. Once Upon a Time
2. Ruins
3. Ruins (Remix)
4. Enemy Approaching/Stronger Monsters
5. Heartache
6. Snowdin Town
7. sans.
8. sans. (Remix)
9. Bonetrousle
10. Bonetrousle (Remix) (With the trailer bit)
11. Waterfall
12. Spear of Justice
13. Battle Against a True Hero
14. Dummy!
15. Dummy! (Remix)
16. Another Medium
17. Can You Really Call This a Hotel, I Didn't Receive a Mint On My Pillow Or Anything
18. CORE
19. Death by Glamour
20. Death by Glamour (Remix)
21. Spider Dance
22. ASGORE
23. Megalovania
24. Megalovania (Remix)
25. Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World
26. Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World (Remix)
27. Field of Hopes and Dreams
28. Rude Buster
29. Lancer's Theme
30. Chaos King
31. Temmie Village

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
My moveset and stage win by default. Voting for music:
1. Once Upon a Time
2. Ruins
3. Ruins (Remix)
4. Enemy Approaching/Stronger Monsters
5. Heartache
6. Snowdin Town
7. sans.
8. sans. (Remix)
9. Bonetrousle
10. Bonetrousle (Remix) (With the trailer bit)
11. Waterfall
12. Spear of Justice
13. Battle Against a True Hero
14. Dummy!
15. Dummy! (Remix)
16. Another Medium
17. Can You Really Call This a Hotel, I Didn't Receive a Mint On My Pillow Or Anything
18. CORE
19. Death by Glamour
20. Death by Glamour (Remix)
21. Spider Dance
22. ASGORE
23. Megalovania (Remix)
24. Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World
25. Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World (Remix)
26. Field of Hopes and Dreams
27. Rude Buster
28. Lancer's Theme
29. Chaos King
30. Temmie Village
Vote your favorite of these two. You may vote your own.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Baysha's music list wins.

Submissions for Sans's alternate colors, entry animation, taunts, victory music, victory animations, Boxing Ring title, and Classic Mode are open.

Also, I realized we never got around to making symbols for our newly-introduced series. As such, submissions for series symbols based on PaRappa the Rapper, Shin Megami Tensei, Guilty Gear, NieR, and Undertale are open. (Like reveal trailers, symbols will be first-come first-served.)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PaRappa series symbol: the frog from PaRappa's hat

I submitted a Sans boxing ring title here, but I removed it because I think others could do better.

Sans victory theme: a victorious rendition of Undertale's Game Over theme, loops. If you stick around for the key change at 0:20, it becomes slightly melancholic similar the source.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Would it be OK if I revised some of my earlier PaRappa content?

Specifically I would like it changed so

1. Fox is replaced with a black Mario in the Chief Puddle Spirit Battle
  2. Mario spamming down B is a new rule in the Chief Puddle Spirit Battle
  3. Bob-Omb rain and Gust Bellows rules are both removed from the Chief Puddle Spirit Battle
  4. Tiki ATs will spawn in the Chief Puddle Spirit Battle
  5. The Chief Puddle Spirit Battle takes place on Tomodachi Life instead of Wrecking Crew
  6. Controls will reverse in the Instructor Mooselini Spirit Battle
  7. The Instructor Moosesha Spirit Battle takes place on Omega Mushroomy Kingdom
  8. The shirt and trousers on the blue hat PaRappa alt is orange instead of red
  9. The song for the Spirit Board is Funny Love instead of Loading Screen

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Sans taunt: Sans plays a trombone he pulls out of nowhere.

Sans entry animation: Sans lies on a lawn chair like in the Kickstarter tiers video. The lawn chair then blinks away, and Sans just lies on the air for a second until he puts his legs down to stand up.
Original colored Sans sprite from here.
sans 1.png

Blue: default
sans 2.png

Orange: based on Papyrus
sans 3.png

Purple: based on Toriel
sans 4.png

Red: based on Undyne (slipper color may be subject to change)
sans 5.png

Pink: based on Mettaton
sans 6.png

White: based on Alphys
sans 7.png

Yellow: based on Flowey
sans 8.png

Black: based on Undertale's monochrome battle sprites
You've Gotta Be Kidding Me
Sans fights child characters.

Round 1: :ultbowserjr: on Delfino Plaza (Rolling Hills A)
Round 2: :ultyounglink: :ulttoonlink: on Pirate Ship (Saria's Theme)
Round 3: :ultpokemontrainer: :ultpokemontrainerf: on Pokemon Stadium (Route 209 - Pokémon Diamond / Pokémon Pearl)
Round 4: :ultkirby: :ulticeclimbers: on Summit (Frozen Hillside)
Round 5: :ultvillager: :ultvillagerf: :ultinkling: :ultinklingboy: on Smashville (Don't Slip)
Round 6: :ultness: on Onett (Pollyanna (I Believe In You))
Final Round: Marx (Hopes and Dreams / SAVE the World)
Credits/Congratulations Screen: A cyan Lucas approaches Sans on the fire version of Kalos Pokemon League (just before the platforms appear). (Once Upon A Time)

Paraster

Smash Lord
All submissions from this round are accepted by default. Unfilled submissions will be added to the Incomplete list.

Submissions for Sans's DLC Spirit Board and Mii Fighter Wave 7 are now open.

Unused Old Miis
Jacky (Virtua Fighter)
Gil (The Tower of Druaga)
Hunter, Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
MegaMan.EXE, Proto Man, X (Mega Man)

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Fighter Wave 7 Submission
Papyrus (Undertale) - Brawler
Kris (Deltarune) - Swordfighter (the "hat" is actually facepaint that turns the Mii's skin cyan)
X (Mega Man X) - Gunner
Quote (Cave Story) - Gunner
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - Swordfighter (Bonus song: Strike the Earth! [Remix])

Music: Snowdin Town
Background: A full-screen version of the "Beauty Border" from console versions of Undertale.
Untitled.png
The Human
Class: ✩ Novice
Type: Primary (Neutral), 3 slots
Trait: Item Throw ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Lucas (cyan)
    • Metal Lucas (cyan)
  • Stage: Final Destination
  • Music Track: Enemy Approaching / Stronger Monsters
  • Match: Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy tends to avoid conflict (first Lucas)
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items (first Lucas)
    • The enemy has increased attack power (Metal Lucas)
Toriel
Type: Support (Shield), cost 1
Skill: Fire & Explosion Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Zelda (violet)
  • Stage: Unova Pokemon League
  • Music Track: Heartache
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy favors side specials
Untitled.png
Papyrus
Class: ✩✩ Advanced
Equip: Primary (Neutral), 0 slots
Trait: Weight ↓
  • Puppet Fighter: Shulk (yellow) or Mii Brawler (Papyrus, 1312)
  • Stage: Snowdin
  • Music: Bonetrousle [Remix]
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Item: Hothead
    • Gravity is reduced (for the player)
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
Untitled.png
Undyne
Class: ✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Primary (Attack), 1 slot
Trait: Fire Weakness
  • Puppet Fighter: Lucina (black)
  • Stage: The Great Cave Offensive (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Spear of Justice
  • Match: Stamina
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Item: Back Shield
    • The enemy has increased power when badly damaged
Untitled.png
Alphys
Type: Shield
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Fire Flower Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Mewtwo (yellow)
    • Kirby (grey) x5
  • Stage: Midgar (hazards off)
  • Music Track: CORE
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy (Mewtwo) tends to avoid conflict
    • Reinforcements (Kirbies) will appear during the battle
Untitled.png
Mettaton
Class: ✩✩ Advanced
Trait: Can Be Enhanced at Lv. 99 (into Mettaton EX)
  • Puppet Fighter: R.O.B. (grey)
    • Captain Falcon (white)
  • Stage: Wily Castle
  • Music Track: Death By Glamour
  • Match: Timed
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Item: Bombs
    • Hazard: Zap Floor
    • Reinforcements (Captain Falcon) will appear after an enemy (R.O.B.) is KO’d
    • The enemy loves to taunt
Untitled.png
Mettaton EX
Skill: Foot Attack ↑
  • No Spirit Battle
Untitled.png
Asgore Dreemurr
Type: Primary (Attack), 1 slot
Trait: Weight ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser (yellow)
  • Stage: Dracula’s Castle (Ω form)
  • Music Track: ASGORE
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Death’s Scythe
    • The enemy favors neutral specials
    • The enemy has super armor but moves slowly
Untitled.png
Flowey
Class: ✩✩✩✩ Legend
Type: Grab
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Second Chance (gives an extra stock, though you respawn with 30% damage)
  • Puppet Fighter: Ivysaur (yellow)
    • Giant Ivysaur (red)
  • Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (forest area)
  • Music Track: Ruins [Remix]
  • Match: Stamina
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with an enhanced Lip’s Stick
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
    • Reinforcements (Dark Samus) will appear after an enemy (Ivysaur) is KO’d
Untitled.png
Kris & Susie & Ralsei
Type: Primary (Grab), 3 slots
Trait: N/A
  • Puppet Fighter: Roy (cyan) or Mii Swordfighter (Kris, 1132)
    • Ike (purple)
    • Lucario (green)
  • Stage: Gamer (hazards off)
  • Music Track: Rude Buster
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy (all) has increased defense after a little while
    • The enemy (Ike) can unleash powerful critical hits at random

Baysha

Smash Ace
Mii Costumes:
Mettaton EX (Gunner)
Kris (Swordfighter)
Papyrus (Swordfighter)
Axe (Little Town Hero) (Swordfighter)
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) (Brawler) (Comes with Collapsing Time Rift remix)
Dr. Andonauts (Earthbound) (Brawler) (As a stealth reference to the Halloween Hack)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Costumes:
1. Papyrus (Brawler)
2. Mettaton EX (Gunner)
3. Jacky Bryant (Brawler)
4. MinMin (Brawler)
5. Byleth (FE) (Swordfighter)
6. Steve (Minecraft) (Swordfighter Deluxe) (Comes with Minecraft Medley)
Mii Fighter Wave 7 Submission
Papyrus (Undertale) - Brawler
Kris (Deltarune) - Swordfighter (the "hat" is actually facepaint that turns the Mii's skin cyan)
X (Mega Man X) - Gunner
Quote (Cave Story) - Gunner
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - Swordfighter (Bonus song: Strike the Earth! [Remix])
  • Papyrus (Brawler)
  • Undyne (Swordsman)
  • X (Gunner)
  • MegaMan.EXE (Gunner)
  • Cadence (Swordsman. Uses her Shovel. Comes with a remix of Disco Descent)
Mii Costumes:
Mettaton EX (Gunner)
Kris (Swordfighter)
Papyrus (Swordfighter)
Axe (Little Town Hero) (Swordfighter)
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) (Brawler) (Comes with Collapsing Time Rift remix)
Dr. Andonauts (Earthbound) (Brawler) (As a stealth reference to the Halloween Hack)
Vote your two favorite of these Mii lists. You may vote your own for #2. My votes:
#1: Darkonedagger
#2: Paraster

My Spirit list wins by default.

Top Bottom