• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

D

Deleted member

Mine. Feel like we should have at least one Nier pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraster

Smash Lord
2B Mii Results
Wario Wario Wario: 0
Darkonedagger: 3
Tankman from Newgrounds: 2

With that, it's time to determine the criteria for Challenger Pack 7! The original CP7 was Steve from Minecraft, announced on 10.1.2020 via a standalone release of his trailer. Come up with criteria that could apply to Steve!

However, a brief note: as of now, our ratio of first party to third party characters is larger than the canon Ultimate DLC was at the corresponding point (we are at 25% first party while canon Ultimate was at 37.5% as of CP6). I decided early on that I would not institute a rule governing the amount of first parties vs. third parties, but I am mildly worried about this game leaning too much in the wish-fulfillment direction. As such, while I will not require this, I would like to encourage more gravitation towards first parties going forward.

Baysha

Smash Ace
A character who uses things that usually aren't considered weapons for (at least some of) their attacks.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm sorry if I come off as judgemental, but why do you tend to fixate on this whole "20 million copies" thing? I don't really see the significance given most characters who would be seriously considered for Smash would probably have this many sold.
I mostly wanted to widen the net with characters to fit a criteria.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Challenger Pack 7 Criteria Vote
Could be considered a "meme pick." ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
From a game/series that has sold at least 20 million copies. ( Perkilator Perkilator )
Uses things that usually aren't considered weapons for at least some of their attacks. ( Baysha Baysha )
Is, or was at some point, indie. ( Yiptap Yiptap )
From a game that was huge in the 2010's. ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
From a modern game with a pixel-based artstyle. ( Paraster Paraster )
From a PC game. (@Darkonedagger )

Vote for your top 3 from this selection. You may vote your own for #2 or #3.

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP7 Criteria Results
Voters: 8

Could be considered a "meme pick.": 12
From a game/series that has sold at least 20 million copies.: 2
Uses things that usually aren't considered weapons for at least some of their attacks.: 8
Is, or was at some point, indie.: 10
From a game that was huge in the 2010's.: 3
From a modern game with a pixel-based artstyle.: 7
From a PC game.: 6

This should be interesting. Challenger Pack 7 must be a character that could be considered a "meme pick"!

A "meme pick," as I understand it, would be a character that is often pushed for the sake of a joke--or, at least, is often considered to be a joke by those who do not push them. Most often, these would either be long-time requests with extremely devoted fanbases or characters from memetic, "normie" properties. (I would also like to ask Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , who submitted this prompt, whether he has a different definition in mind.)

When making a submission, I would recommend explaining how your character qualifies as a meme pick.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would say a "meme pick" is a character who is either 1. not conventionally considered a character (Wii Fit, Tetromino, Piranha Plant, Duck Hunt, maybe Villager); or 2. the basis of an actual meme or similar status of infamy for reasons not directly related to Smash, to the point where that's what they're primarily known for in certain circles. (Steve, Sans, Waluigi, Untitled Goose, Bubsy).

In short, someone who people would laugh about if they got in.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My submission will be: Bubsy

What could PAWsibly go wrong? This chatty bobcat is one of the most infamous characters ever coded, and stays in people's minds thanks to his narcy coward personality and questionable game design decisions - however, he does have earnest fans who would die to see him in Smash. Bubsy would be be a fast, slippery fighter like Luigi who can, like Steve, glide.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I wanna submit a Fire Emblem character--I feel like the "too much Fire Emblem" thing would qualify anyone from that series by this point--but I don't know whether Edelgard or Anna would be a better pick. Maybe Cinderace instead? Is it memey enough?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanna submit a Fire Emblem character--I feel like the "too much Fire Emblem" thing would qualify anyone from that series by this point--but I don't know whether Edelgard or Anna would be a better pick. Maybe Cinderace instead? Is it memey enough?
I did briefly consider submitting an FE rep tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Nah, let’s do FE ALL THE WAY, BABY!

And you should do Edelgard as well, since she has an axe. Just a suggestion, though.

Meme Pick character: Jonesy (Fortnite) (Resubmission)
Multiple Weapon character:
Jonesy (Fortnite)

View attachment 340752
(Sorry, Image is too big, but that's ok)
Who is Jonesy? (You guys know him)
Jonesy
is a main protagonist of Fortnite franchise and he is known for being Player's default avatar and leader of Imagined Order in Fortnite Lore. In Fortnite, his purpose is being last one standing person while fighting 100 players on huge maps through chapters and his second purpose in Fortnite Lore is balancing the bridge between Islands and Dimensions.
Jonesy is one of iconic VG Characters, who could represent well-known ground-breaking Battle Royale genre and he could fit in smash due to Fighting with Multiple Weapons.

How Jonesy could work?
Just like Steve, Jonesy could have building gimmick and he could use different weapons in the fight like Rifles or Shotguns. His building gimmick would work while he could switch between Gun Mode or Build Mode by using his Shield Special like Inkling does when it's running out of Ink. The Build mode would work like steve's, but he could build ramps, walls and rooftops to protect from Enemy's Attacks. While gun mode would allow him to shoot and using ranged weapons like Grenades. His jab could be his Pickaxe and side smash can be Tactical Shotgun that can make a headshot by occasion.
Jonesy could be Middle-Weight mix up character with no additional movement options.

Why Jonesy needs to be in Smash?
Yeah, I know some people hate Fortnite, but I include him, because he is one of Iconic Modern game characters like Steve from Minecraft and he could represent Battle Royale Genre, which he could fit into this game as Newcomer. Since Fortnite was booming in 2017-2018, that could mean that he can join smash due to it's popularity. Despite that, he could be a suprise pick since people won't expect him to join the Battle.

Paraster

Smash Lord
This submission has been retracted.

CP7 Submission: Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
1641911250253.png

Edelgard is a major character from the game Fire Emblem: Three Houses whose role is...let's say a bit complicated, as well as variable based on which route you pick. Commonly pushed as a potential 3H rep before Byleth's announcement in the real world, Edelgard would also lean into the common perception/meme of Fire Emblem being overrepresented.

One benefit to Edelgard specifically would be her usage of axes, which would help her stand out among the FE fighters (who all mainly use swords) and the Smash cast as a whole (as none so far mainly wield axes).

Last edited:
Top Bottom