• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Bonus Fighter Results

Koopa Troopa: 3
Shy Guy: 6
Lakitu: 4
Skulltula: 2
Kamek: 14
Primid: 10
Zinger: 3

Kamek the Magikoopa is our bonus fighter, and our first Yoshi rep since Smash 64!
1636153782826.png

Since this is the bonus fighter, there will not be any submissions for additional content, but we will be submitting gameplay-relevant content for him. First will be a moveset.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Kamek Moveset Submission
  • Attributes
    • Kamek has light weight and average-at-best ground speed, but good air speed and frame data.
  • Basic attacks
    • Neutral attack: Kamek does a three-hit combo smacking opponents with his wand.
    • Dash attack: Kamek boards his broomstick and flies forward a short distance. Gravity does not affect him until the animation is finished.
  • Tilts
    • Forward tilt: Kamek thrusts his wand forward as it glows.
    • Up tilt: Kamek swings his wand upward, creating a stream of fire as he does.
    • Down tilt: Kamek swings his broom along the ground.
  • Smash attacks
    • Forward smash: Kamek swings his wand downward and summons three magic rings that fly forward a short distance.
    • Up smash: Kamek thrusts his wand upward and causes an explosion above himself.
    • Down smash: Kamek thrusts his broom forward to hit with its handle, then backward to hit with its head.
  • Aerials
    • Neutral aerial: Kamek holds out his arms and summons tiny stars that fly out of him in multiple directions.
    • Forward aerial: Kamek thrusts his wand out and shoots three projectiles at slightly different angles.
    • Back aerial: Kamek shoots a burst of electricity behind himself.
    • Up aerial: Kamek creates a small snowstorm above his head.
    • Down aerial: Kamek summons a Thwimp in front of himself that falls straight downward.
  • Grab & throws
    • Grab: Kamek waves his wand and summons a wave of energy that traps an opponent.
    • Pummel: Kamek fires small magic bolts.
    • Forward throw: Kamek makes a magic explosion that throws the opponent forward.
    • Back throw: Kamek uses telekinesis to fling the opponent around himself.
    • Up throw: Kamek uses telekinesis to throw the opponent upward.
    • Down throw: Kamek uses telekinesis to slam the opponent into the ground.
  • Specials
    • Neutral special: Magic Spell
      • Kamek shoots a Magikoopa-style magic spell (the shapes) forward; the angle can be slightly altered by the Control Stick. When hitting an enemy, the spell inflicts damage and briefly stuns them. When hitting an enemy projectile, the spell reflects it. When hitting a non-active item, the spell transforms it into a different item (the item cannot be transformed a second time).
    • Side special: Koopa Troop Summon
      • Kamek twirls his wand to charge and summons a Mario enemy. Which varies based on charge time (think Sephiroth's Flare except each tier is even more different from each other). Only one enemy can be summoned at a time.
        • No/little charge: A Goomba that walks forward and headbutts opponents.
        • Some charge: A blue Koopa Shell that behaves like the Green Shell item, but it starts in its "launched" state and cannot be stopped by jumping on it.
        • Max charge: A Bullet Bill that flies forward quickly and explodes on contact.
    • Up special: Broomstick Swoop
      • Kamek flies upward at a diagonal angle, damaging opponents he hits. At the end of the attack, he glides on it (think Steve's Elytra, except with slower horizontal speed and the ability to turn around).
    • Down special: Fakamek
      • Kamek summons an illusory copy of himself. The copy, which does not move but can turn around, shoots Magic Spell projectiles until it despawns, but its spells merely damage on opponents and have no other effects. Only one illusion can exist at a time.
  • Final Smash: Naval Piranha
    • Kamek hops on his broomstick and flies forward a short distance as he casts a wave of magic below himself. Anyone hit by the broom or the magic is caught in a cinematic where Naval Piranha bites them repeatedly while Kamek laughs--until Kamek fires a large spell that causes a rainbow explosion.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Since no one else submitted anything, we'll adopt my moveset for Kamek. (If you're working on one and it isn't finished, let me know.)

Next, we'll discuss Kamek's cosmetic elements. This includes his taunts, alternate colors, victory animations, and Boxing Ring title. You may submit for as many or as few of these as you want.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alternate Color: Red Magikoopa

Wand stays the same, clothes look like how they do above.
(This Magikoopa also appeared in Mario Super Sluggers, Puzzles and Dragons, and Mario and Luigi games.)

Alternate Color: Kammy Koopa Colors

Just gives Kamek Kammy's outfit.
(Once I mentioned this idea replying to Wario Wario Wario's post, I couldn't stop thinking about it.)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alternate colours - #1 and #7 are referred to by the announcer as Kamek, but the rest are Magikoopa.

1. Default
  2. Red robe and hat (based on Toadies and SMRPG Kamek)
  3. Super Mario Maker SMB1 Magikoopa colours
  4. Kamella colours
  5. Magenta hat with blue diamonds and brown brims, magenta robe with blue and green stripes (based on the Kamek costume in Crafted World)
  6. Purple scales, purple robe with white brims, pink and white striped hat (based on Vivian from Paper Mario)
  7. Yarn Kamek
  8. Red robed Yarn Magikoopa
Are we supposed to submit the whole thing? If not go with the Vivian alt.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alternate colours - #1 and #7 are referred to by the announcer as Kamek, but the rest are Magikoopa.

1. Default
  4. Kamella colours
  5. Magenta hat with blue diamonds and brown brims, magenta robe with blue and green stripes (based on the Kamek costume in Crafted World)
  6. Purple scales, purple robe with white brims, pink and white striped hat (based on Vivian from Paper Mario)
  7. Yarn Kamek
Could I ask why Vivian is getting so much priority? She is really only a Paper Mario partner who appeared in one game, I'm not completely sure why she deserves to be an alt for Kamek, especially when you consider that she isn't associated with Kamek at all. A Kammy Koopa alt, on the other hand, would be a good subsitute.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Could I ask why Vivian is getting so much priority? She is really only a Paper Mario partner who appeared in one game, I'm not completely sure why she deserves to be an alt for Kamek, especially when you consider that she isn't associated with Kamek at all. A Kammy Koopa alt, on the other hand, would be a good subsitute.
I like her colour scheme, and "witch hat" is a close enough connection for me.

Also, we have to get "OH MY!!" in here somehow.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
For colors, submissions of entire sets would be preferred, but I have a backup system if someone can't or doesn't want to--if an incomplete set is voted in, the second runner-up will be used to complete the set, with the winner picking which of the runner-up's colors are replaced. Apologies for not specifying this earlier.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Kamek Color Vote
Alternate Color: Red Magikoopa

Wand stays the same, clothes look like how they do above.
(This Magikoopa also appeared in Mario Super Sluggers, Puzzles and Dragons, and Mario and Luigi games.)

Alternate Color: Kammy Koopa Colors

Just gives Kamek Kammy's outfit.
(Once I mentioned this idea replying to Wario Wario Wario's post, I couldn't stop thinking about it.)

1. Default
  4. Kamella colours
  7. Yarn Kamek
Please vote for your favorite color lineup. If Yiptap wins, he will pick which of Wario Wario Wario's colors are used to complete his set.

In addition, we still need two taunts and three victory animations to complete Kamek's aesthetics.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Taunt: Kamek moves his wand in an "infinite" pattern, with magic energy (the rainbow magic used to transform the Mushroom Kingdom U stage).

Paraster

Smash Lord
Kamek color lineups are tied. Is anyone else willing to place a vote?

Down Taunt: Baby Bowser appears in Front of Her, doing Funny Mocking Face.
Would you be alright with making this a victory animation instead?

Many Different Forms
Kamek fights other characters that can transform. Only transformation-type items appear.

Round 1: :ultyounglink: on Great Bay (Termina Field)

Round 2: :ultinkling: :ultinklingboy: on Moray Towers (Split & Splat)

Round 3: :ultlittlemac: :ultwario: on Boxing Ring (Mike's Song) (item restriction overridden; only Smash Balls appear)

Round 4: :ultcorrin: :ultcorrinf: on Coliseum (Lost in Thoughts All Alone)

Round 5: :ultkirby: :ultpacman: on Dream Land GB (PAC-MAN (Club Mix))

Round 6: :ultmario: :ultyoshi: on Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island (for 3DS / Wii U))

Bonus Game

Final Round: Giga Bowser

Credits:
Music: Main Theme - Yoshi's New Island
Congratulations Screen: Kamek guarding Bowser and Bowser Jr. as they sleep.

Kamek color lineups are tied. Is anyone else willing to place a vote?

Would you be alright with making this a victory animation instead?

Many Different Forms
Kamek fights other characters that can transform. Only transformation-type items appear.

Round 1: :ultyounglink: on Great Bay (Termina Field)

Round 2: :ultinkling: :ultinklingboy: on Moray Towers (Split & Splat)

Round 3: :ultlittlemac: :ultwario: on Boxing Ring (Mike's Song) (item restriction overridden; only Smash Balls appear)

Round 4: :ultcorrin: :ultcorrinf: on Coliseum (Lost in Thoughts All Alone)

Round 5: :ultkirby: :ultpacman: on Dream Land GB (PAC-MAN (Club Mix))

Round 6: :ultmario: :ultyoshi: on Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island (for 3DS / Wii U))

Bonus Game

Final Round: Giga Bowser

Credits:
Music: Main Theme - Yoshi's New Island
Congratulations Screen: Kamek guarding Bowser and Bowser Jr. as they sleep.
Yes.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Still no additional votes for Kamek's colors. I'll just go with Wario Wario Wario's because I get the sense it'd be best to move on as fast as possible.

Additionally, my Classic Mode was the only submission, so we'll be going with that.

Now, let's move on to the meat of our little game with Challenger Pack 1! Some things to keep in mind:
  • The real-life CP1 is Joker from Persona 5.
  • Joker was revealed at the Game Awards 2018, mere hours before Ultimate's base release.
  • Joker was released in April 2019, following the release of a standalone gameplay overview.
Submit criteria that Joker falls under, and that would lead to a fighter capable of kicking off the main DLC like he did!

Paraster

Smash Lord
1. Limited Nintendo
2. PS Association

Very similar prompts, I was considering changing mine after it was submitted, heh.
I hesitated on my own after seeing yours, but I think they're just different enough. Sora, for example, is a character that I'd argue is strongly associated with PlayStation yet still has plenty of exposure on Nintendo.

Top Bottom