• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Fighter Wave 7 Results
Voters: 6

Tankman from Newgrounds: 1
Paraster: 8
Darkonedagger: 6
Baysha: 3

My Mii roster (Papyrus, Kris, X, Quote, and Shovel Knight) wins.

Submissions for criteria to fill Challenger Pack 8 are now open! As a reminder, the real CP8 was Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, announced at the Game Awards 2020.

Also, I would like to again encourage additional discussion. Not just debating the merits of candidates, but discussing stuff already set in stone as well. Maybe share what sort of reactions or memes you think a character would invoke? (For instance, Sans's Classic Mode could lead to jokes that, after everything that happened in Undertale, he just despises children in general by now.)

D

Deleted member

Submit a villian

Was gonna go for "submit a character from a third party Franchise that already has a character" but Eggman is already in and Chun-Li has been Mii costumed

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP8 Criteria Vote
A villain. (@Darkonedagger )
Rarely speculated fighter owned by a company that owns a more commonly popular/requested fighter. ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Character with a shirtless alt (must be canon). ( Baysha Baysha )
Character that can also serve as an optional boss. ( Perkilator Perkilator )
RPG Villain. ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
From a franchise that is already in Smash, but underrepresented. ( Paraster Paraster )

Vote your top 3 from this list. You may vote your own for #2 or #3.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
shirtless alt
From a franchise that is already in Smash, but underrepresented.
Rarely speculated fighter owned by a company that owns a more commonly popular/requested fighter. (

Paraster

Smash Lord
#1: Optional boss (This would just be fun.)
#2: Underrepresented (There are a few franchises that deserve more than what they've gotten.)
#3: Shirtless (Honestly, I find it funny how many points it has and want to see if it has a real chance of winning.)

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP8 Criteria Results
Voters: 8

A villain: 4
Rarely speculated fighter owned by a company that owns a more commonly popular/requested fighter: 9
Character with a shirtless alt (must be canon): 9
Character that can also serve as an optional boss: 6
RPG Villain: 2
From a franchise that is already in Smash, but underrepresented: 18

Well, that was something of a blowout. Challenger Pack 8 will be from a franchise already represented in Smash, but not as much as it deserves!

A few pointers: this job is intended for franchises that already have at least one fighter, as the standards for "primary franchises" are inherently larger and this feels more loyal to how Sephiroth's side content was handled. "Secondary franchises" will not automatically be disqualified, but you should make a strong case it needs a fighter and additional content. (In fact, explaining why a franchise should be considered underrepresented is strongly advised no matter what you submit.) Also, remember to look at all sorts of content--fighters, stages, music, remixes, items, spirits, etc.--and to take overall history into account (if a franchise technically has a lot of content but an important part of it is neglected, or the franchise has gotten little new content recently, it may qualify). Lastly, it may be preferable to look at larger characters/franchises to fit the Game Awards reveal.

(Also, just to be clear: while Sephiroth is not viable here, Final Fantasy in general is still valid.)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ghost Gang

The original named gaming villains, Blinky; Pinky; Inky; and Clyde could be handled a variety of ways - be it alternate costumes; stance fighters; a tag team like Banjo/Duck Hunt/NASB Ren & Stimpy/Multiversus Tom & Jerry; or sharing a vehicle. (Though I'd prefer a stance fighter) They could use a variety of abilities originating from classic Namco games including both Pac-Man and other arcade games.

Pac-Man has very few Spirits, a music list mostly taken up by other series, almost no Spirits for those said series, and is missing its essential location as a stage. There is no form of reference at all to the Pac-Man World series in particular.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Challenger Pack 8: Captain Syrup

While Wario has been with the Smash series since Brawl, he hasn't had too much in terms of overall series representation. What I mean by that is that Wario Land, the series that kickstarted his rise to fame, has barely any representation in Smash, with most of his moveset, songs, trophies, both stages, and even his default appearance are based around WarioWare, not to mention the smaller amount of content compared to other franchises. Heck, Star Fox and Fire Emblem have more content than Wario, yet have sold less units!

To combat this, I'm submitting Captain Syrup, the main antagonist of the first Wario Land, who would go on to make some more appearances over the years. In addition to fixing the lack of non-WarioWare content, she would add to the lineups of females and villains. Her last appearance was years ago, but that hasn't stopped K. Rool, Banjo, and the retros.

Underrepped Character:
Louie (Pikmin)

Louie is one of Side Characters in Pikmin Universe. He was Olimar's co-worker and acquaintance. He is an employee of Hocotate Freight.
He is relatively new to the shipping business and has a ravenous appetite. He was raised by his grandmother, who taught him to play with bugs, as well as eat them, which he seems to partake in on PNF-404.
Louie reappears in Pikmin 3 as a side character, and as Olimar's teammate in Bingo Battle. He is captured by first the Scornet Maestro and later the Quaggled Mireclops and is rescued by Alph, Brittany, and Charlie on both occasions.
Louie is also one of known character in Pikmin Series and he could deserve to be a playable character in Smash.

Louie could have similar stats to Olimar, but unlike Olimar, he attacks by using Pikmin Enemies like Bulbord as Side Smash for example. Louie could also summon Bulbmins and throw them like Pikmin, since Louie culd have similar attacks to Olimar, but he also has different moveset.
Alph's Final Smash could be, where he sends opponents into Cutscene, where they are attacked by Plasm Wraith and they get KOed by Plasm Wraith's attacks.

I nominate Louie, because he could be another Pikmin Rep (Not counting Alph, since he is alternate Costume) and he could have really unique moveset while using Enemies from Pikmin as Attacks, which is very cool.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Underrepped Character:
Louie (Pikmin)

Louie is one of Side Characters in Pikmin Universe. He was Olimar's co-worker and acquaintance. He is an employee of Hocotate Freight.
He is relatively new to the shipping business and has a ravenous appetite. He was raised by his grandmother, who taught him to play with bugs, as well as eat them, which he seems to partake in on PNF-404.
Louie reappears in Pikmin 3 as a side character, and as Olimar's teammate in Bingo Battle. He is captured by first the Scornet Maestro and later the Quaggled Mireclops and is rescued by Alph, Brittany, and Charlie on both occasions.
Louie is also one of known character in Pikmin Series and he could deserve to be a playable character in Smash.

Louie could have similar stats to Olimar, but unlike Olimar, he attacks by using Pikmin Enemies like Bulbord as Side Smash for example. Louie could also summon Bulbmins and throw them like Pikmin, since Louie culd have similar attacks to Olimar, but he also has different moveset.
Alph's Final Smash could be, where he sends opponents into Cutscene, where they are attacked by Plasm Wraith and they get KOed by Plasm Wraith's attacks.

I nominate Louie, because he could be another Pikmin Rep (Not counting Alph, since he is alternate Costume) and he could have really unique moveset while using Enemies from Pikmin as Attacks, which is very cool.
Not to criticise your choice, but I remember Sakurai saying that all DLC fighters (excluding :ultmythra:) would be unique. Still, his moveset could be completely distinct from Olimar's, adding onto the differences you mentioned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Xenlblade does deserve a second character. It's grown in both size and popularity since Shulk was added to Smash 4. X kind of missed the boat IRL due to bad timing but Elma was a pretty popular request for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP8 Submission
1642681944765.png

Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)

Final Fantasy is arguably the most obvious candidate for underrepresented franchises due to the striking lack of spirits and music tracks, and my personal pick for a new rep would be Zidane from the fan-favorite Final Fantasy IX. He could be a fast-paced rushdown character with interesting gimmicks revolving around his status as a thief and/or IX's Trance system.

D

Deleted member

Before I start voting, I want to ask: would it be necessary to group Terra and Zidane together to prevent splitting the FF vote, or would it be fine to keep them separate?
I could swap out my submission if you want? Gimmie a min

Paraster

Smash Lord
I could swap out my submission if you want? Gimmie a min
Well, that makes things less complicated, I suppose. Thank you to Darkonedagger.

CP8 Fighter Vote
Ghost Gang

The original named gaming villains, Blinky; Pinky; Inky; and Clyde could be handled a variety of ways - be it alternate costumes; stance fighters; a tag team like Banjo/Duck Hunt/NASB Ren & Stimpy/Multiversus Tom & Jerry; or sharing a vehicle. (Though I'd prefer a stance fighter) They could use a variety of abilities originating from classic Namco games including both Pac-Man and other arcade games.

Pac-Man has very few Spirits, a music list mostly taken up by other series, almost no Spirits for those said series, and is missing its essential location as a stage. There is no form of reference at all to the Pac-Man World series in particular.
Challenger Pack 8: Captain Syrup

While Wario has been with the Smash series since Brawl, he hasn't had too much in terms of overall series representation. What I mean by that is that Wario Land, the series that kickstarted his rise to fame, has barely any representation in Smash, with most of his moveset, songs, trophies, both stages, and even his default appearance are based around WarioWare, not to mention the smaller amount of content compared to other franchises. Heck, Star Fox and Fire Emblem have more content than Wario, yet have sold less units!

To combat this, I'm submitting Captain Syrup, the main antagonist of the first Wario Land, who would go on to make some more appearances over the years. In addition to fixing the lack of non-WarioWare content, she would add to the lineups of females and villains. Her last appearance was years ago, but that hasn't stopped K. Rool, Banjo, and the retros.
Underrepped Character:
Louie (Pikmin)

Challenger Pack 8: Bandana Waddle Dee
View attachment 343194

This submission is specifically referring to a character focused on modern Kirby, which a lot of people feel is underrepresented.

Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Xenlblade does deserve a second character. It's grown in both size and popularity since Shulk was added to Smash 4. X kind of missed the boat IRL due to bad timing but Elma was a pretty popular request for a bit.
CP8 Submission
View attachment 343221
Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)

Final Fantasy is arguably the most obvious candidate for underrepresented franchises due to the striking lack of spirits and music tracks, and my personal pick for a new rep would be Zidane from the fan-favorite Final Fantasy IX. He could be a fast-paced rushdown character with interesting gimmicks revolving around his status as a thief and/or IX's Trance system.
Please vote your top 3 of this list. You may vote your own for #2 or #3.

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP8 Vote
#1: Elma (I don't know much about Elma, but she seems neat, Xenoblade fits the criteria well, and it could be nice to have more sci-fi rep. Also, she's doing surprisingly well at time of writing this, and I want to help give her a chance.)
#2: Zidane (Just see my original submission post.)
#3: Ghosts (Could be really interesting depending on how they're approached, especially if we incorporate gameplay from spinoffs like Pac-Man World.)

Top Bottom