• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection! (Updates every weekend)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Resident Evil 4 Achivements:
Master of Melee: Defeat 10 enemies with melee attacks
Animal Lover: Rescue the dog
Explosion Escaped: Disable a trap
Even More Animal Lover: Defeat no zombie dogs through out the whole game
Awful Bodyguard: Try to shoot Ashley

Tetris Achivements:
Tetromino Cyclone: Fully spin a tetromino around three times
T-Spinner: Perform a T-Spin
The Tetris Effect: Last at minimum ten minutes in a game

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Doom (Classic)

I'm submitting The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom. Okay this probably won't be accepted because these were all released separately, but allow me to make my case. These are all pretty much the same game but with unique levels and a few added bits of new content. Therefore, for people not into classic Doom, this would basically be 3 of the same game each with their own slots. This would also allow us to get each game into it without having to get it voted in 3 separate jobs.

As for why I didn't just submit one of them, each one of them brings something unique to the table that I feel would be lost if you didn't bring the others. Doom 1 is the first that broke new ground and brings the levels that I believe people generally consider better than those of II's. Doom II brings some of the most iconic monsters and weapons in the franchise. And Final Doom has the challenging Plutonia levels and also brings what, in my opinion, has made Doom stand the test of time, levels made by the community with TNT Evilution.

Also, this is technically not a compilation. 😎

Yeah Faz also submitted Doom but I started typing this before that and this is technically different. His sub technically doesn't even have Thy Flesh Consumed.
Sorry, this is ineligible. If you want to vote for Doom come Saturday and then make your case for Doom II and/or Final Doom later on down the road, feel free too, but I really don't wanna think about the implications of allowing people to submit multiple games whenever they want.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submission is Star Wars: Dark Forces

Maybe a little obscure and not as influential as something like doom, but it was still a huge influence in the genre and was one of the first truly successful FPS games to have a Y-axis for aiming (which games like the aforementioned doom didn’t have) and was the first in the very popular Star Wars Jedi Knight series. It hasn’t been re-released yet to my knowledge so I think this would be a great opportunity for it to get some attention it deserves

edit: its on steam disregard my never been re-released thing lol

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Sorry, this is ineligible. If you want to vote for Doom come Saturday and then make your case for Doom II and/or Final Doom later on down the road, feel free too, but I really don't wanna think about the implications of allowing people to submit multiple games whenever they want.
S'all good.

Tetris Achievements:
Octris: Perform two tetrises in a row. (As in having your next line clear be a tetris. Not your next move being a tetris.)
I Don't Know What You Expected: Rotate an O piece.
Jammed Gears: Clear 10 lines without rotating

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will submit Tempest 2000

Widely considered to be in competition with Alien vs. Predator and Rayman for the title of best Jaguar game, Tempest 2000 combines classic 80s gameplay with ahead-of-its-time psychedelic graphics.

Tetris
  1. Striving for Better - Set a high score above the built-in dev scores and immediately beat it in your next round
  2. Acquired Taste - Play with any song other than Type A

Last edited:
Shooter game submission:
Halo: Combat evolved
1668931225156.png

Halo: Combat evolved is a FPS video game made by Bungie studios and Microsoft game studios and it takes place in 26th century, with the player assuming the role of the Master Chief, a cybernetically enhanced supersoldier. The Chief is accompanied by Cortana, an artificial intelligence. Players battle aliens as they attempt to uncover the secrets of the eponymous Halo, a ring-shaped artificial world.
This game was a killer app for Xbox consoles when it was released.

Halo: Combat evolved became a critical and commercial success and is often praised as one of greatest video games of all time. Heck, it even started an iconic franchise after the success of the first game by selling games, novels and other stuff.
Also this game has very good soundtrack like the main theme for notorious example.

I think I would make sense to include Halo: Combat Evolved since we don't have a Microsoft game in our game collection, so Halo would be the first game to represent Xbox consoles.
Also Halo is one of influential FPS games alongside DOOM (1993) and Quake.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Plenty of good options here, but I'm going with Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein-3d.jpg

Before even Doom was a thing, there was Wolfenstein. This game is often credited as the "grandfather of FPSes", and while I'm frankly no expert on the genre, I do feel like it's important enough that it warrants a spot. I will say though, if the Nazi imagery is a problem, then I have no issue with switching it to something else

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gonna say, there are a lot of games I wanted to submit - Battlefield 1, Destiny, Overwatch, Fortnite, Modern Warfare II - but as we're just laying the foundation right now, I'll keep my favorites with me right now and go ahead and propose...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

A title that pretty much paved the way for modern shooters and received universal acclaim upon release. It should definitely be considered in the debate of the most influential FPS games to ever be released.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Shooting Video Game:

Not sure if this is necessarily eligible but...

Spacewar! (1962)

spacewar_-4ea4ffe-intro.jpg

Spacewar! is deemed to be the great-grandfather of shooting games. It's also one of the very first video games as well and will probably be the oldest video game in this compilation. Basically, the game features two spaceships, "the needle" and "the wedge", engaged in a dogfight while maneuvering in the gravity well of a star. Both ships are controlled by human players. This game also inspired multiple video games included some of the first arcade games. In fact, Spacewar! was named one of the top ten most important video games in the game section of the Library of Congress. Overall, this game has influenced a whole genre of games.

The Museum Layout:

Basically, I am thinking the layout of the museum should be by era of video games just like the National Videogame Museum in Texas. Therefore, you can explore how video games evolved and what not. This game is just a big archive of some of the most influential video games ever in the industry.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission for how games will be stored is that the museum is a 3D environment you can walk in with different rooms dedicated to each decades. Maybe even some other rooms for bonuses and some other fun stuff outside. Each game is on an arcade machine. This is partly inspired by those haunted PS1 demo discs things

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Time Crisis II

1668971460716.png

I think we would be remiss to exclude light gun games from this shooter category. They're one of the most immersive and hectic video game experiences you can get for cheap! We'd of course have to include the ability to play with a gun peripheral for something like this, but using a regular controller would be an option. There's lots of arcade highlights that could fit this category, and I heavily considered The House of the Dead for this category. There's also the obvious Ur-example, Duck Hunt, but that one is a bit too barebones for this. I went with Time Crisis II in the end, one of the most popular arcade games of all time and one of the best co-op experiences you could get at an arcade.

Exhibit by console

A big part of video game history is the hardware itself. If we dedicate a whole room in the virtual museum to each console, then we could include specific details and history about the console that wouldn't be found in the games themselves. In the center would be a TV and couch with the highlighted console hooked up to it (or a PC desk or an arcade cabinet where applicable). There'd be a shelf that houses all available games for that console, and then the rest of the walls would be lined with authentic advertisement posters for the console. Another shelf would contain all the different models released of the console (think NES top-loader or the Slim PlayStation 2) that you can switch out the main playable one for.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Are you still interested in keeping this thread up? If not would you be fine with me making a continuation on a different thread?
That's totally fine! Yeah, while I do still love the idea, running it just isn't as appealing to me anymore. Wish you luck and I'll submit as often as I can!

Top Bottom