• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

D

Deleted member

Sim House

Layout wise it would be pretty similar to the Tomodachi Life stage in Smash. Players would fight through a house and in various rooms, with various sims making appearances. However. The fight actually takes place inside a game of the Sims. Furniture may appear and disappear, which can help or hidner fighters. Whole rooms themselves may disappear. It's pretty chaotic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sims House will be stage. Now onto the next job:

Job #183: Submit A Moveset For Sim
Submit the moveset for Sim. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash although you can do more if you want to.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
--Gimmick--
Emotions: Sim will have a Plumbob that appears above their head, their emotion directly affects their gameplay
Neutral: The Default
Happy: Damage is increased
Sad: Damage is decreased
Angry: Damage is increased but you receive more damage
Embarrassed: Sim takes more knockback
Inspired: Special Moves deal more damage
Focused: A-attacks deal more damage
Dazed: Controls are inverted
Confident: Smash Attacks have more knockback
Energized: Speed is increased
Playful: Item Effects are increased
Tense: Speed is decreased
Uncomfortable: You take damage over time
Bored: Only cosmetic but it is obtained by not attacking for a while
Asleep: Another Cosmetic one, This appears when you are asleep

Whims: Bubbles will appear above the sims hud, Completing the whim nets you the emotion displayed on the whim, Whims are things like, Perform this move or pick up this item.

Skill Building: The more you use an attack the stronger it becomes.

--Specials--
Neutral: Outfit change, Pressing B bring up a wheel where you can change your outfit, Each outfit is tied to a different emotion.

Side: Redecorating, A Wall will stretch out in front of the sim letting go builds the wall and random furniture will appear on the walls and floors next to it, interacting with the pieces of furniture will give you a mood depending on the piece of furniture. For instance say a Sad Clown portrait spawns, interacting with that portrait will give you the sad mood.

Down: Gardening, Sim will plant something into the ground, it starts as a dirt patch, pressing down b again lets the sim water it, when it is fully grown you can harvest the plant with Down-B again, There are a few options for what the plant could be
-Food
-Flowers, If the sim pulls a flower, they get the happy emotion immediately
-Forbidden Fruit, This gives Sim green skin, And doubles the effect of the Happy mood

Up: Rocket Ship, The Sim will get into a rocket and launch into the air, A successful launch and landing can give inspired or focused moods while a crash landing can give any negative emotion

Final Smash: Grim Reaper, The Grim Reaper spawns and slashes it's scythe forward anyone hit is sent into cutscene where they are in a pool with no ladders where they proceed

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The move set of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #184: Submit A Character
This will be the second-last DLC character submission period, so submit a character who you think should get in as DLC. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. Two characters will be added.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 184

Arthas (Warcraft)

Arthas is the most iconic antagonist from the Warcraft franchise, A death knight and wielder of Frostmourne Arthas has the powers of Ice and the Undead.

Say what you will about Blizzard (I certainly have) but Warcraft changed the gaming landscape especially with the release of World Of Warcraft and representing WoW and MMOs would be another step towards a true gaming crossover.

D

Deleted member

Agumon

I'm not even a huge Digimon fan but Pokemon vs Digimon is such an iconic part of popular culture that pepole would pop off if we referenced it, especially if we add that long talked about second Pokemon rep this round. Though Digimon is definitely iconic and popular enough to get in on its own merits. Augmon has more than enough abilities to lend themselves to an interesting moveset, and it would be fun to work Digivolving into his gameplay in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was thinking Tetromino, but we already have two Tetris stages and I have no clue how we'd handle a third... my submission will be...

Kung Fu Man

From MUGEN, the DIY fighting game engine-turned-****post machine, Kung Fu Man is as standard shoto as it gets - however, with his source material being so customisable that would give him a unique gimmick: being able to freely modify his stats (and possibly recode certain moves) on the fly. He could possibly also have moves that indirectly reference popular MUGEN creations

Last edited:
Job 184:
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)

Reimu Hakurei is main character of Touhou series, an indie game series. Reimu is a young girl that uses her magic to fight others to destroy the evil who threatens the Touhou universe.
Reimu is considered as one of Iconic Indie game characters, who was made by Team Shanghai Alice.

Reimu's moveset would borrow from Touhow games like her Shooting Ability or flying for example. She coukd have a Gimmick related to unique hitbox while flying in air.
Her Final Smash is shooting a large Spirit Ball that KOes opponents instantly.

I nominate her, because she could be another Indie Rep, but from Eastern company.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Good submissions so far everyone! I might submit one later. So I don’t know if I mentioned this before but I’ll do it now: for our final character I want us to do something extra exciting like what smash ultimate did in adding the most requested character for the final DLC slot. So it would likely be a good idea to think about what character you want to include for that exclusive slot now. It doesn’t necessarily have to be absolutely game-changing and more hype than everything else but it would be a good idea to pick someone who would get people especially excited and happy.

For that final character job, I know this is really vague-sounding but some characters who weren’t really eligible before will probably be allowed now. To an extent though, this doesn’t mean someone like batman or spiderman would be allowed but maybe (as an example of a character submission I unfortunately had to say no to before) someone like john madden might be eligible. It really is a case by case basis but I personally think a character that kind of blurs the line between game and non-game would be cool, but that’s just my opinion.

also this isn’t related to any of that but when I add some chrono music I’m gonna add some tracks from radical dreamers so we can get what this thread truly needs: satellaview representation.

oh and one more thing: this thread has passed 2000 replies! That’s pretty cool, thanks everyone!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate Monomuma
Alright then...
Monokuma Schools Smash!

Monokuma is my submission representing the Danganronpa series. Monokuma could use items from his various executions to fight. I chose Monokuma because Danganronpa is a very popular VN which has countless fangames, so I think Monokuma is deserving of a spot.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Impostor from Among Us. It’s been submitted a few times so I won’t go too in detail now but I think we could use some more indie characters as well as western characters and it would be a good pick thanks to their popularity.

With that, here are all of the options for Job #184. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
cashregister9 cashregister9 Arthas
@Darkonedagger Agumon
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Kung Fu Man
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Blanc
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Reimu
Pupp135 Pupp135 Monokuma
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Impostor

My votes:
1. Kung Fu Man
2. Arthas
3. Impostor

D

Deleted member

Good submissions so far everyone! I might submit one later. So I don’t know if I mentioned this before but I’ll do it now: for our final character I want us to do something extra exciting like what smash ultimate did in adding the most requested character for the final DLC slot. So it would likely be a good idea to think about what character you want to include for that exclusive slot now. It doesn’t necessarily have to be absolutely game-changing and more hype than everything else but it would be a good idea to pick someone who would get people especially excited and happy.

For that final character job, I know this is really vague-sounding but some characters who weren’t really eligible before will probably be allowed now. To an extent though, this doesn’t mean someone like batman or spiderman would be allowed but maybe (as an example of a character submission I unfortunately had to say no to before) someone like john madden might be eligible. It really is a case by case basis but I personally think a character that kind of blurs the line between game and non-game would be cool, but that’s just my opinion.

also this isn’t related to any of that but when I add some chrono music I’m gonna add some tracks from radical dreamers so we can get what this thread truly needs: satellaview representation.

oh and one more thing: this thread has passed 2000 replies! That’s pretty cool, thanks everyone!
Would a character who is from a non video game Franchise, but was created for and only appearers in video games for said Franchise count? I have an idea.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #184 voting:
Arthas 5
Agumon 5
Kung Fu Man 12
Blanc 0
Reimu 9
Monokuma 3
Impostor 13

And so Impostor and Kung Fu Man will be the next DLC characters!… okay let’s just take a moment to appreciate how amazingly bat**** crazy this roster is…

okay next job
Job #184: Submit A Stage For Impostor
Submit the stage to come along with Impostor. Please submit a location and a layout.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I‘ll nominate the Skeld.
1642016179955.jpeg

I see this as a multipart map, all of which are walk-offs.

The map starts in the Cafeteria, and layout allows players to stand on the tables, with the center being the button used for calling emergency meetings. When the button is hit, crewmates rush into the room, and players in contact with the crewmates get damaged.

The next section of the map is the Admin room, which will not be as chaotic as the other areas.

The third room is electrical, where at some point in time, the lights will turn out, so players are fighting in the dark.

Finally, there is the reactor room. At a random point in time, there is a reactor meltdown, and crewmates rush to the reactor room to fix it.

For each section of the map, there is a vent where if players are by it for too long, an imposter will come out of the vent and strike the player.

Last edited:
Job 184:
Airship (Henry Stickmin/Among Us)

Airship is one of Vehicles and Locations from Henry Stickmin, where it's owned and controlled by Reginald Copperbottom in HS games. The Airship first time appeared in "Infiltrating the Airship" Flash game and it served as main setting. It also appeared in "Fleeing the Complex" and "Completing the Mission".
Airship is one of well known Locations from Henry Stickmin and it appeared as 4th Map in Among Us, which it was released in 31st March of 2021.

Just like you did with Cloud and Epoch (Chrono Trigger), I did this same thing to put a stage based on other IP made by Company (Innersloth), so I won't count as cheating, since you did this for favor of stage for Cloud.

The Layout could be similar to Great Cave Offensive and Jet Set Willy stage, where the stage scrolls in random direction to explore places on the map, but there are places in this Airship taken from Among Us or OG Henry games like Corridor for example.
This would be the second largest stage along with Jet Set Willy.

I nominate this Stage, because it would fit Impostor and even it could represent Henry Stickmin at some point which it would be cool to have Flash game stuff represented in this Smash AU.
Nuff said about the Map, since you guys know it from Henry Stickmin and Among Us.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The Skeld will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #185: Submit An Impostor Moveset
Submit a moveset for the impostor. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash although you can do more if you want.

I’ll literally just submit the moveset Brawlfan1 gave him. I think it’s a good moveset and would work for him

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 185

Neutral: Sabotage, A wheel of Sabotage options appear around Impostor and whichever Item selected applies a debuff to every player in the match
-Poison Mushroom
-Flower
-Slumber
-Super Mushroom

Side: Tongue Spear: This is an attack that can be charged and once you let go

Up: Airship, A replica of the airship from the Henry Stickman series appears below the Impostor and it floats upwards with Impostor on top

Down: Vent, The first time using it has Impostor set a vent on the ground, the second time using it has impostor jump down into another vent and the pop out of the old vent.

Final Smash: Ejected, The Emergency Meeting notification pops up and all the players sit around a table in a cutscene and a random player is then ejected and seen floating in space before they are instantly KO'd

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My moveset will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #186: Submit A Stage For Kung Fu Man
Submit what you think should be Kung Fu Man’s stage. So for this and future MUGEN content, I’m setting a rule that content from fangames made in MUGEN is allowed just as long as they’re original to MUGEN and not based on anything that isn’t currently represented in this thread.

Anyways my submission will be Character Select Screen:

It starts in a roster that’s 3x4 with two versions of Kung Fu Man. Eventually new parts will be added to a random spot on roster and will be filled up by character portraits for characters that are already in the game. The roster acts as the platform for this stage meaning as it goes on it’ll get bigger and bigger.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I did have an idea for MUGEN stage, but I couldn't possibly beat CSS.

I think the MUGEN stage should allow all songs from the game, because, y'know, MUGEN.
Yeah I was thinking that too, it’s probably what we would do especially because there aren’t really that many original music that we can use.

Anyways, here’s the poll for Kung Fu Man’s stage:

And just so everyone knows, since this thread was made before the acquisition happened, I’m gonna keep crash bandicoot and all the activision blizzard properties on their own and not list them with microsoft.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Kung Fu Man’s stage will be Character Select Screen. Now onto the next job:

Job #187: Submit A Moveset For Kung Fu Man
Alright so this should be fun. Submit what you think should be Kung Fu Man’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash but you can do more if you want to.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Up B: Kung Fu Knee

KFM jumps in a set arc and kicks at the peak of his trajectory, which sends foes flying upwards. You can't control when the kick comes out, but you can angle it a little

Side B: Triple Kung Fu Palm

Kung Fu Man strikes forward with his palm, if you press the B button again right as the hitbox comes out you can cancel into it into another B move including itself - upon the third side B press he unleashes an especially powerful blow that can't be cancelled

B: Riot Crossover Jab

A very tricky command jab where KFM rushes forwards to choke like a certain yellow patriarch and, should he hit, begins morphing into all sorts of different characters from the game and performing their jabs. When B is pressed again it will go to a random, fully chargefforward Smash. Alternatively you can tap the joystick in a direction to do a random tilt for a less devistating finisher. It can, like most command grabs, be mashed out of by foes. The hitbox of this move only effects anyone caught in the command grab, so it leaves KFM vulnerable in a free-for-all or if it's mashed out of - this is with the exception of tilts or Smash attacks, which can still hit anyone.

Down B: Coding

A HUD menu that lets you increase and decrease certain stats. Each stat begins at 50 and can go up to 100 or down to 0. Each stat has a disadvantage that can be remedied by decreasing the stat.

speed = speeds you up, slows attacks down
weight = you become heavier, but jump lower
attack = you deal more damage, but less knockback

Final Smash: F1

Easily the least climactic FS in the game, an F1 button appears on screen and is pressed - everyone except Kung Fu Man is suddenly in stumble and has very high damage, allowing KFM to choose how to follow up similar to Peach's Final Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom