• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The moveset of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #177: Submit A Stage For Chun-Li
Submit what you think should be Chun-Li’s stage. Please submit a location and a layout.

I will submit Forgotten Waterfall. I think the layout will just be completely flat. It makes sense since it’s from a fighting game and I think it’s always nice to get new competitive stages in DLC.

I know it’s not really related to the character of Chun-Li (and I have a feeling someone’s gonna submit a certain stage that is related to chun-li and currently has a chokehold on smashboards creation threads) but I think it would be a good pick because it’s a cool location that would look fairly unique in this game, and street fighter v specifically hasn’t really been in many crossovers like this yet

Job 177:
Shopping District

The Shopping District is one of locations in Street Fighter universe and it's Chun-Li's home stage, which is in China, where she comes from. The Shopping District appeared in games like Street Fighter 2 and later in other games as Chun-Li's home stage.

The Layout could be Walk-Off stage with roofs as platforms. Some people watch fighters in Background.

I nominate this stage, because it could fit Chun-Li, which is her home stage in her Games.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit a moveset:
Like she is in the games, Chun-Li would be a light and quick fighter. Pretty much all her normals are pulled from her games. She also has the same “gimmick” that Ryu and Ken have where pressing A harder makes her do a heavy attack. Mashing A is a rapid kick attack though.

Neutral Special:

A pretty simple fireball attack

Side Special: Spinning Bird Kick

She turns upside down and spins around while flying forward.

Up Special: Tenshokyaku

She jumps upwards while kicking a few times

Down Special: Renkiko

Her V-Trigger move from street fighter 5. She has a meter next to her character profile which will fill up when she takes enough damage. Once it’s filled up enough using the move will cause a blue aura to appear around her which buffs her for 15 seconds. Her V-Trigger won’t fill up when she has the buff.

Final Smash (from afar): Super Fireball

She makes a huge fireball move which surrounds her and hits away other opponents

Final Smash (close): Super Lightning Legs

She repeatedly kicks forward like her rapid jab. This one is much stronger and lasts longer though.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My moveset will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #179: Submit A DLC Fighter
You know the drill, submit a character you think should be added as DLC. Please submit a character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight and why they should be in this game. Two characters will be added.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 179

Resubmitting Sim

Sim (The Sims)

Saying the sims is influential is a massive understatement. The sims has redefined gaming for casual audiences since it's first release and continues to do so with new content being released all the time.

In terms of gameplay, Sims have emotions and skills that can be honed by doing normal every day tasks. Go about your day and achieve victory.

Each Alt would also be a different famous sim from throughout the franchise from Bella Goth to a Sad Clown

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m resubmitting Spyro
I’ll go with Spyro

I won’t go too much in detail because spyro has already been submitted but I think we could use more cartoon-ish characters as well as more platformer characters and spyro would be a great choice in my opinion. Also, his series is really connected to crash bandicoot which is good because of how crash was one of the first series we got in this thread.

DLC character Submission:
Resubmitting ROB for last chance!

Job 175:
R.O.B. (Nintendo Hardware/Other Nintendo series)

View attachment 340683
(Render taken from Smash Ultimate)
Who is R.O.B?
R.O.B. (Robotic Operated Buddy) is a NES Accessory/Peripheral and one of Nintendo Characters, who is very Iconic and he appeared in a lot of Nintendo Games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart DS. R.O.B. was created by Gunpei Yokoi, who was working at NIntendo in 1980's and he saved Gaming Industry from Market Crash in 1983, which is very important event of Gaming History when ROB saved it before crashing.
In overall, ROB is one of Iconic gaming Accesories of all time in Gaming History and he really deserves a spot for the Roster.

How ROB could work in Alternate Universe Smash?
Well, he could work identically like in Smash, but he could have some changes in this Universe.
First, he could have some overhauls in Moveset like he could use Weapons from other Nintendo Games like Super Scope as Side Smash, where it shoots short range Rocket-like projectile that explodes in front of it for Example. Rest of the moveset stays like in Real Smash.

Why ROB deserves the spot for Celebration of Gaming?
I nominate ROB as Fighter in AU SSB, because he could represent other Nintendo Properties unrepresented earlier like Space Harrier and Amingo did it earlier. In fact, since it's a Celebration of whole Gaming, why can't we just implement ROB as Fighter to be Hardware Representant in Smash? Besides, the roster actually needs an another Hardware rep like Clippy, but from Nintendo and it can also bring a lot of Nintendo fans to Game because of being Iconic Accessory character.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Hee Ho!
Jack Frost makes Smash Bros cool!

Hee Whoo is Jack Frost?
Jack Frost is the mascot of the Shin Megami Tensei series and Atlus in general who has a tendency to say "Hee Ho." And fun fact to some of you: Atlus developed Persona! Persona is even a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series! Anyway, Jack Frost is an enemy who has appeared in every Shin Megami Tensei game to date (SMT). Jack Frost's popularity has even gotten him TWO games, with Jack Bros on the Virtual Boy and Synchronity Prologue, a limited edition game for PC. Jack Frost has several versions of him, including King Frost, Black Frost, Demonee-ho, and Frost Ace, all of which can be included in his moveset in some way (but we get there when we get there!)

Hee How would Jack Frost play?
Keeping it simple: Jack Frost would use ice spells and various other skills in his arsenal, as well as using his different forms. He could even summon certain Demons from the SMT series for certain attacks!

Why should Jack Frost get in, ho?
Jack Frost could not only be a representative of Atlus, but also a representative of SMT and Persona. SMT is the original series, but Persona is more popular, so why not add a character who appears in both games? And also, Jack Frost is a true neutral in the alignment chart, something we have very little of. Overall, Jack Frost is very deserving of a spot, so be sure to vote for him!
Resubmitting Jack Frost.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here are the results of the voting for Job #179:
Pokemon Trainer 6
Sim 7
Cloud 11
Spyro 6
R.O.B. 2
Jack Frost 6
Solaire 6
Monokuma 4

And so Sim and Cloud will be our next DLC characters! Now onto the next job:

Job #180: Submit A Stage For Cloud
Submit what you think should be Cloud's stage. Please submit a location and layout.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so since final fantasy already has two stages, I thought I’d submit something from another Square Enix IP. I think it makes sense because it’s also from an RPG. Since not even mario and sonic have three stages I think it would be weird to give final fantasy three stages.
The Epoch (Chrono Trigger)

The layout is pretty simple, you play on the ship which is a mostly flat surface besides the seating area. As the ship flies it goes through all the main time periods of the game:
65000000 BC (Prehistory), 12000 BC (Antiquity) 600 AD (Middle Ages), 1000 AD (Modern), 1999 AD (Apocalypse) and 2300 AD (Future). The settings don’t change gameplay at all.

With that, I think I’ll do a poll for the stage to come with Cloud:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Epoch will be chosen as Cloud’s stage. Now onto the next job:

Job #181: Submit A Moveset For Cloud
For this job I’d like you to submit a moveset for Cloud. Please submit all the specials and final smash at minimum. Now I know most people are probably gonna want him to retain his moveset from smash ultimate so if you do just say so. You can submit small changes to his ultimate moveset as your submission if you want to.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d like to nominate this moveset from a Crusade mod:

His final smash is something that is a combination of Marth’s and Link’s old one where he runs in a line, and if he hits a player, then he would slash the opponent 16ish times before launching the opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom