• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Bowel Movement - A YouTube Poop Fighting Game! (submit rivals for K. Rool and Skooks!)

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's time to tally up the votes and see who our next fighters are!

Job #19 (Non-Gaming Fighters):
  • Caillou (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ) - 0 votes
  • Nostalgia Critic (Channel Awesome, submitted by FazDude FazDude ) - 3 votes
  • asdfguy (asdfmovie, submitted by me) - 1 vote
  • Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 4 votes
Job #20 (2010s Memes Fighters):
  • Tito D. (The Nutshack, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ) - 0 votes
  • Shrek (submitted by FazDude FazDude ) - 4 votes
  • Robbie Rotten (LazyTown, submitted by me) - 4 votes
  • Peppa Pig (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 0 votes
Job #21 (Second Chance Poll #1):
  • Angry Video Game Nerd (Cinemassacre, Job #3) - 6 votes (4 priority votes)
  • AoStH Sonic (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Job #16) - 0 votes
  • Dennis Prager (PragerU, Job #18) - 0 votes
  • Discord (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Job #9) - 2 votes
  • Fluttershy (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Job #9) - 0 votes
  • Grand Dad (Mario 7 in 1, Job #15) - 6 votes (6 priority votes)
  • HH (hhgregg, Job #3) - 4 votes (1 priority vote)
  • Malleo (Mario is Missing, Job #15) - 0 votes
  • Mama Luigi (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Job #3) - 0 votes
  • Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob SquarePants, Job #10) - 5 votes (1 priority vote)
  • Phil Swift (Flex Seal, Job #18) - 5 votes
  • Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Job #9) - 1 vote
  • Pyro (Team Fortress 2, Job #8) - 0 votes
  • Scout (Team Fortress 2, Job #8) - 1 vote
  • SpongeBob (SpongeBob SquarePants, Job #10) - 0 votes
1684882739475.png
Vegeta, Nostalgia Critic, Robbie Rotten, Shrek, Grand Dad, and Angry Video Game Nerd have been added to the roster!

1684884923885.png
Now, before we get into the next job, I'd like to cover the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place fighters in the second chance poll (which includes the other 2 priority votes): Mr. Krabs, HH, and Phil Swift. While they won't be back on the roster immediately, they will get an increased priority in chances to do so. In the case of the latter two, this easily translates into an automatic submission for...

Job #23 - Submit a Fighter from an Advertisement/Commercial
Since the sources of both HH and Phil Swift were ads, this felt like a natural choice for the next fighter submission job. I look forward to seeing which fighters from advertisement sources you come up with!

Mr. Krabs is a more complicated case - while I feel that he's our best option for a second SpongeBob representative on the roster, I've found it hard to come up with ideas for jobs that could include him without risking roster variety or wasting submissions. Ultimately, I decided to set up a StrawPoll to determine whether we should just get Mr. Krabs out of the way now or if we should wait until the roster is nearly complete to try to get him in: Should Mr. Krabs be added to the roster now or lat... - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Submissions for Job #22 (Stages for Weegee, King Harkinian, Spingebill, and Sanic) are still open, so be sure to submit stages for that job if you haven't already!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Spinge stage: Holy S**p!

The Flying Dutchman's ship - it flies through Bikini Bottom. You can see hallucinations of different SpongeBob meme faces in the sky.
Stage gimmick - "Our hands are clean!" Knifes, grenades, and - most dangerous of all - Gay Luigi Cereal boxes appear, which you can throw like Smash items.
Stage finisher - you get your foot caught on a rope and used as an anchor, destroying SpongeBob's house.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #22 - Dodomai Palace (King Harkinian's Stage)
1684943455304.png

Details: The residence of Gamelon's ruler Duke Onkled, whom King Harkinian went to aid upon hearing he was under attack by the evil forces of Ganon, only to end up betrayed by the treacherous Duke and imprisoned by Ganon. Fighting takes place within the palace's halls, with Ganon's minions patrolling in the background, and Duke Onkled himself occasionally passing through.
Breakable Object: Lord Kiro (a.k.a. Fari) can be seen chained up on the far right of the stage. Fighters can free him by attacking his chains, after which he can be seen fighting Ganon's minions in the background for the remainder of the match. He'll make sure that traitor Duke Onkled doesn't get away!
Hazard: Hektan will occasionally pop in and out to shoot bolts of magic at the fighters. If attacked enough times, he'll melt and leave behind a Life Heart, which will heal the fighter who touches it (most likely, this will be the one that lands the finishing blow). After that, he will not show up for the remainder of the match - after all, you've killed him! Good.

Music:
  1. Washubi Swamp
  2. Tykogi Tower Medley
  3. Dodomai Palace - Masters of the Hall
  4. Dodomai Palace - Double Doorway + Hektan's Stand
  5. Shutoy Lake - The Red Tower
  6. Reesong Palace - Goria's Welcome
  7. OAHHAHAHAHA by Jimmy Davis
  8. Sing Like The King by Moto200
  9. King Harkinian vs Lady GaGa : ScrubGame by NeoNintendo
  10. Two Steps from Harkinian: The King Jumps! Back On by 256PiAlternate

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I think now's a good time to go over the submissions for Job #22 (Stages for Weegee, King Harkinian, Spingebill, and Sanic) and Job #23 (Advertisement Fighters), as well as the results of the Mr. Krabs StrawPoll.

To start with, the following stages have been added!
It looks like Weegee hasn't gotten a stage submitted yet, so he'll still be available for potential stage submissions. It also looks like Spingebill's stage doesn't have any music to go with it - fortunately, the job to submit music for this project is an open-ended one!

We also have our first case of multiple stages submitted for the same character (King Harkinian, in this case) - which, of course, means we'll have to vote to decide which stage makes it in! The options are:
  • CD-i Hyrule Castle (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Dodomai Palace (submitted by me)
Speaking of votes, here are the results for the Mr. Krabs StrawPoll!

Mr. Krabs should be added:
  • Now: 3 votes
  • Later: 1 vote
The votes are in favor of adding Mr. Krabs to the roster sooner rather than later, so he's in!

Now, on to the submissions for Job #23 (Advertisement Fighters)... or rather the lack thereof. To be honest, I think I may have killed the interest in submitting for this job by automatically submitting HH and Phil Swift through the results of Job #21 (Second Chance Fighter Poll #1) - since the fighters in question were already popular enough to have been awarded this priority submission in the first place, that might have convinced people that submitting anyone else for the job would end up being wasted because the fighters that they wanted in to begin with were already submitted, or that any newly submitted fighters could ent up taking votes away from them. With that in mind, I've decided to close submissions for Job #23 and declare HH and Phil Swift the winners by default!
1684959799140.png
Anyways, here are the next jobs...

Job #24 - Submit Stages for Vegeta, Shrek, Grand Dad and Robbie Rotten
I think it's best to get a few more stages for the fighters already on the roster before we start adding more fighters to it. So for this job, we'll be doing just that! Also, I just want to clarify that yes, you can submit stages for more than one fighter for these kinds of jobs - of course, this doesn't mean that you have to.

Job #25 - Fighter Moveset Poll #1
I think we're long overdue for a job focused on designing movesets for this game's fighters. Fortunately, since we've got more than half the roster for this game determined, we've got a lot of options to choose from! I've just finalized the moveset template we'll be using for these kinds of jobs, which will cover 1 fighter at a time. For this job, vote for the top 5 fighters you'd most like to see/make a moveset for. The 5 fighters with the most number of votes will be the subjects of our first 5 moveset jobs, in order from most to least number of votes. My own votes are:
  1. Dr. Robotnik​
  2. King Harkinian​
  3. Weegee​
  4. Morshu​
  5. Hotel Mario Bros.​
I look forward to seeing which fighters will be chosen to receive this project's first movesets!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #24 - Submit a Fighter/Stage Pair from a New Source
This job is a bit of a repeat of Job #3, but with a twist: you'll be submitting a stage to go alongside your fighter this time!
I've decided to change Job #24, as it turned out to be far more difficult to submit for than I had originally anticipated.

Voting for King Harkinian's stage and this game's first five movesets is still ongoing, so please vote for those jobs if you haven't already!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Grand Dad stage: Grand Halation

The stage where Snow Halation is performed in Love Live, but rendered in the art style and time period of The Flintstones. No stage finisher nor hazards.
Songs:
  1. BE THE KING
  2. B52s - Meet the Flintstones
  3. Stone Halation
  4. Is It the Nutshack?
  5. Pause Screen (Starts at a random point)
  6. Menu (Gadget's Crazy Maze)
  7. Unused Song 2
  8. PROGRAM (Has swearing)
  9. Windy Hill (Beta Mix) (Has swearing)
  10. The Entire Hanna-Barbera Sound Effect Library (Starts at a random point)

Ship music
  1. Krustical Plant Pizza
  2. SpongeBob Chase Freestyle (Theme of beanos)
  3. Sponge on Me
  4. Tomfoolery
  5. Ocean Man
  6. Glove World (NASB)
  7. Inspector Pudding
  8. It's a Mystery

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #24 - Planet Namek (Vegeta's Stage)
1685094734341.png

The go-to pick for Dragon Ball stage representation in crossover fighting games. This stage would be a structural mix between Dragon Ball FighterZ (no stage hazards) and the Dragon Ball Xenoverse games (the stage would be visibly damaged by the fighting). Various DBZ characters can sometimes be seen flying past in the background, primarily those associated with either the Z-Fighters or Freeza's Army.

Music:
  1. Rock The Dragon!
  2. Dragon Ball Z
  3. Super Saiyan 3 Theme
  4. Solid State Scouter
  5. Sanjou!! Ginyu Tokusentai!!
  6. The Final Flash
  7. It's over 9000! (remix)
  8. Official Goku Drip Theme - Ultra Dripstinct

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Added some new songs to existing stages:

Morshu's Shop:
  1. Tunak Tunak Morshu by Dylan Wong
Robotropolis:
  1. Nine-Inch Hedgehog Stew from SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day (has swearing)
  2. The Big Pingas Machine from SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day (has swearing)
  3. Gene Gadget Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn)
  4. Eggman Mean Bean from Sonic Mania
Job #24 - Submit Stages for Vegeta, Shrek, Grand Dad and Robbie Rotten
I think it's best to get a few more stages for the fighters already on the roster before we start adding more fighters to it. So for this job, we'll be doing just that! Also, I just want to clarify that yes, you can submit stages for more than one fighter for these kinds of jobs - of course, this doesn't mean that you have to.

Job #25 - Fighter Moveset Poll #1
I think we're long overdue for a job focused on designing movesets for this game's fighters. Fortunately, since we've got more than half the roster for this game determined, we've got a lot of options to choose from! I've just finalized the moveset template we'll be using for these kinds of jobs, which will cover 1 fighter at a time. For this job, vote for the top 5 fighters you'd most like to see/make a moveset for. The 5 fighters with the most number of votes will be the subjects of our first 5 moveset jobs, in order from most to least number of votes.
Jobs #24 and #25 will be resolving some time tomorrow morning, so if you haven't submitted for Job #24 or voted for Job #25 yet, now would be the time to do so!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's time for the results for Jobs #24 and #25! First off, the following stages have been added:

Job #24 (Stages for Vegeta, Shrek, Grand Dad, and Robbie Rotten):
  • Grand Halation (Grand Dad's stage, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  • Shrek's Swamp (Shrek's stage, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Planet Namek (Vegeta's stage, submitted by me)
Since Robbie Rotten hasn't gotten a stage submitted yet, his stage submission will become an open-ended, first-come-first-served stage submission job just like Weegee's did in Job #22.

I'll be leaving the vote open for King Harkinian's stage open a little while longer. For those who haven't voted yet, here are the two options:
King stage: CDI Hyrule Castle

You fight on the castle. No hazards.
Breakable object - You can break the castle and fight on its ruins.
Stage finisher - You get dropped by a trap door and into the dungeon.

Music:
  1. King Harkinian VS Lady Gaga
  2. OAHHAHAHAHA
  3. Sings a Song About Eating
  4. Scrub, Scrub, Scrub
  5. False King Harkinian
  6. Bring King to Life
Job #22 - Dodomai Palace (King Harkinian's Stage)
View attachment 372441
Details: The residence of Gamelon's ruler Duke Onkled, whom King Harkinian went to aid upon hearing he was under attack by the evil forces of Ganon, only to end up betrayed by the treacherous Duke and imprisoned by Ganon. Fighting takes place within the palace's halls, with Ganon's minions patrolling in the background, and Duke Onkled himself occasionally passing through.
Breakable Object: Lord Kiro (a.k.a. Fari) can be seen chained up on the far right of the stage. Fighters can free him by attacking his chains, after which he can be seen fighting Ganon's minions in the background for the remainder of the match. He'll make sure that traitor Duke Onkled doesn't get away!
Hazard: Hektan will occasionally pop in and out to shoot bolts of magic at the fighters. If attacked enough times, he'll melt and leave behind a Life Heart, which will heal the fighter who touches it (most likely, this will be the one that lands the finishing blow). After that, he will not show up for the remainder of the match - after all, you've killed him! Good.

Music:
  1. Washubi Swamp
  2. Tykogi Tower Medley
  3. Dodomai Palace - Masters of the Hall
  4. Dodomai Palace - Double Doorway + Hektan's Stand
  5. Shutoy Lake - The Red Tower
  6. Reesong Palace - Goria's Welcome
  7. OAHHAHAHAHA by Jimmy Davis
  8. Sing Like The King by Moto200
  9. King Harkinian vs Lady GaGa : ScrubGame by NeoNintendo
  10. Two Steps from Harkinian: The King Jumps! Back On by 256PiAlternate
And speaking of votes...

Job #25 (Fighter Moveset Poll #1):
  1. Dr. Robotnik - 3 votes
  2. Hotel Mario Bros. - 3 votes
  3. Morshu - 2 votes
  4. Weegee - 2 votes
  5. AVGN - 2 votes
  6. King Harkinian - 1 vote
  7. I.M. Meen - 1 vote
  8. Grand Dad - 1 vote
The order of the first 5 moveset jobs has been decided! First up...

Job #26 - Submit a Moveset for Dr. Robotnik
We'll be using the following template to construct the movesets for this project. It covers all of the fighters' types of moves, plus their entrance and victory animations.
TypeNameDescription
Entrance​
Light Grounded Attack​
Light Crouching Attack​
Light Air Attack​
Normal Grounded Attack​
Normal Crouching Attack​
Normal Air Attack​
Heavy Grounded Attack​
Heavy Crouching Attack​
Heavy Air Attack​
Guard​
Throw (Front)​
Throw (Back)​
Neutral Special​
Forward Special​
Back Special​
Up Special​
Down Special​
Air Special​
Level 1 Super​
Level 2 Super​
Level 3 Super​
Taunt​
Victory #1​
Victory #2​
Assist #1​
Assist #2​
Assist #3​
This isn't the only new job on our agenda, however...

Job #27 - Submit up to 2 Fighters from New Sources
Now that we've got some more stages on the roster, I think now's a good time to start bringing back fighter submission jobs. This job's a bit of a repeat of Job #3, but with a twist - you can submit two fighters from sources not already represented on the roster! Of course, the two fighter submissions have to come from different sources from each other as well. I look forward to seeing which potential fighters get submitted for this job!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hungry Pumkin

A pretty obvious pick, I could imagine him fighting by shoving and spitting out glass from the pepper shakers he loves to eat - perhaps we could go deeper into the Pumkin World lore and find other games to use too

1950s Working Husband

Not based on a specific source, but rather one of my personal favourite poop source "genres" - antiquated commercials, lifestyle guides, and propaganda! See cs188's Poops for instance

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
As fitting for someone as... rotound as Dr. Robotnik, he isn't the most nimble guy around. While most heavyweights make up for their slowness with great power, though, Robotnik's normal attacks are actually pretty average. Rather, Robotnik is a set-up/trapper character who relies on his Badniks and inventions to keep his opponents right where he wants them. Just like in AoSTH, though, Robotnik isn't very good at fighting hand-to-hand, so be sure to use your resources wisely.
  • Entrance
    • Dr. Robotnik flies in on the Egg Mobile, jumping out as the vehicle struggles under his weight. It then flies off as Robotnik enters his battle stance.
  • Light Grounded Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik throws a hasty, almost cowardly slap. It's fast and has the potential to combo into itself, but its damage is nothing to write home about.
  • Light Crouching Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik throws a stubby straight kick while crouching.
  • Light Air Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik performs a belly splash similar to Wario's Neutral Air in Smash.
  • Normal Grounded Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik swings a wrench forwards. It has better range and power than the LGA, but is slower.
  • Normal Crouching Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik sweeps the same wrench across the ground.
  • Normal Air Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik throws an overhand punch with a hammer in hand, similar to Mario's Forward Air in Smash.
  • Heavy Grounded Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik rears back before leaning forward and letting out a loud cry of either "NO!" or "SILENCE!" His shout has enough force to have the highest knockback of his grounded attacks, but is also fairly laggy and doesn't deal much damage. If anything, it's more of a get-off-me tool.
    • As a neat easter egg, his head has a chance to turn into a train whistle as he shouts.
  • Heavy Crouching Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik loses his balance falls over, with his collision with the ground creating a small shockwave in front of himself.
  • Heavy Air Attack
    • Gravity comically takes hold of Dr. Robotnik and sends him plummeting downwards rear-first. While strong, its main purpose is to get Dr. Robotnik back to the ground where he has more to work with.
  • Guard
    • Dr. Robotnik cartoonishly puffs out his chest.
  • Front Throw
    • Dr. Robotnik spins the opponent over his head before throwing them forwards.
  • Back Throw
    • Dr. Robotnik turns around and slams the opponent into the ground with one hand (with a fittingly cartoony "WHAM" sound effect playing upon collision).
  • Neutral Special: Mean Bean
    • Dr. Robotnik throws out a Pu - errr, I mean, bean, which bounces along the ground in a short arc. Despite its lack of power or speed, it has great range. It's not the most diabolical trap in Robotnik's arsenal, but it's something that should be watched for.
  • Forward Special: Insto-Freeze Cannon
    • Dr. Robotnik pulls out the Insto-Freeze Cannon and fires it forward. If an opponent is hit by the shot, they become encased in ice, rendering them immobile for a few seconds. However, this move does have a cooldown.
  • Back Special: Subatomic Slow-Go Beam
    • Similar to the Insto-Freeze Cannon, but instead of freezing opponents, it nerfs their mobility for a few seconds. Just like Forward Special, it has a cooldown.
  • Up Special: Getaway Submarine
    • Dr. Robotnik hops into the eponymous submarine and uses it to dive upwards, jumping out after flying up a short distance. It doesn't deal any damage, but it's one of Robotnik's best mobility options, serving as a... well, getaway from unfavorable situations.
  • Down Special: Anvil Trap
    • Dr. Robotnik places down a target right in front of himself. If the Down Special is used again, Robotnik presses a button which prompts an anvil to fall from the top of the screen, dealing heavy damage to any opponent beneath it. However, with how telegraphed it is, it might be tricky to land on its own. Sounds like a good time to pull out the Forward or Back Specials!
  • Air Special: Buzz Bomber
    • Yep, these nasty little hornets managed to make their way to the AoSTH continuity! When summoned with Air Special, a Buzz Bomber hovers in place, firing a laser at given intervals. Like the Mean Bean, the lasers aren't very strong, but they allow Robotnik to occupy space. Luckily, a good air attack should dispose of one, and only one can be on-screen at a time.
  • Level 1 Super: Prrrrrrromotion!
    • Dr. Robotnik gives himself a promotion, temporarily boosting all his stats as an install (indicated by the word "PROMOTION" appearing above his head.
  • Level 2 Super: Laser Cannon
    • Dr. Robotnik pulls out a laser cannon and fires a screen-wide blast, dealing a single powerful hit if not dodged.
  • Level 3 Super: Supreme High Robotnik
    • Summoning the four Chaos Emeralds (right, four), Dr. Robotnik transforms into the all-powerful Supreme High Robotnik, reappearing in the background of the stage. He then uses his new godlike power to cast a laser beam from the top of the screen which sweeps across the stage, dealing high damage to anyone hit by it. After this, the emeralds disperse as Robotnik returns to the stage in his normal form.
  • Taunt
  • Victory 1
    • Dr. Robotnik laughs loudly, celebrating a job well done.
  • Victory 2
    • Dr. Robotnik hops up and down, cheering. "HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY FOR ME!"
  • Assist 1: Scratch
    • Scratch appears next to Dr. Robotnik and fires a laser shot from a handheld pistol. If he makes his mark, expect to hear him gloating about it.
  • Assist 2: Grounder
    • Upon being called into duty, Grounder burrows into the ground and pops out a fair distance away from Robotnik for a surprise attack.
  • Assist 3: Coconuts
    • Being stuck in Scrub-Monkey Third Class, Coconuts is left with only a broom to defend his creator. He wildly sweeps opponents away with it, serving as a less laggy get-off-me tool for Robotnik to use.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)
1685148993544.png

This roster could use some more female and anime representation, and I figured that she'd be a good fit for both, given the immense popularity of her show during YouTube's golden age (which, naturally, led to quite a bit of prominence in YTPs and YTPMVs). Her moveset would incorporate numerous references to anime, manga, and video games, befitting of an otaku like her.

Tyrannosaurus Alan (Volvic)
1685140729964.png

He'd easily be our largest fighter on the roster so far (think Sentinel from the Marvel vs. Capcom games, only a dinosaur instead of a robot). His moveset would put his predatory skills to good use against his opponents, along with the super-hydrating Volvic Revive produced by his good friend George Volcano (who'd also likely show up himself as part of Alan's super moves).

The Past: The age of the dinosaurs, where George Volcano filters rainwater through his handsome volcano rocks to create a wild mineral water that grabs life by the conkers and hydrates you 'til you shout "Come on, World, I'll have you for breakfast!!".
Stage Finisher: The losing fighter will land in front of Tyrannosaurus Alan, who decides to use the fighter as a test for his hunting skills. RAWR!
For those wondering why Alan's here when he was originally submitted as one of the Stage Finishers for Weegee's stage, I decided after some thought that the "past" era stage based on the Volvic commercials would work better as a standalone stage rather than lumped together with two other unrelated stages under a loose theme of "classic YTP sources that represent different eras of time", and that Alan himself has enough material for a moveset of his own rather than just being limited to a Stage Finisher cameo. As a result, I've decided to drop my submission for Weegee's stage... which means that Weegee is now open for stage submissions again!

Since I dropped my Weegee stage, I'll be voting for my own King Harkinian stage (Dodomai Palace).

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's time to go over the submissions for Jobs #26 and #27!

Starting with Job #26 (Dr. Robotnik's Moveset), the sole submission is FazDude FazDude 's, so that's the moveset we'll be using!

I should probably clarify how the fighters' 3 assist moves function, since it seems there was a bit of a misinterpretation. Basically, they're moves that inactive fighters can use to assist the active fighter on the same team as them, just like in the Marvel vs Capcom games. That said, I don't think the assists chosen for Dr. Robotnik need to be changed, as they still feel perfectly in character for him. Specifically, sending his Badniks to assist the other members of his team rather than doing so himself.

This has given me an idea or two for how the assist function can work on a one-fighter team, though. After choosing their fighter, players would still be able to select which of the 3 assist moves the fighter would use, but if they're going with a solo fighter, that fighter would instead use their assist move for themself rather than for another member of their team (think of it like a seventh special move that you'd choose before the match began). Fighters could also use their own assist moves if the other members of their team have been knocked out. There is a caveat to this, of course: fighters who use their assist moves for their active fighter have the opportunity to tag in for them, allowing them to recover their red health, while fighters who use their assist moves themselves can't do that because they don't have another fighter to tag out with.

Alternatively, I could see every fighter having their own assist-exclusive character that they'd call on in the event of being on a solo team. For Robotnik, that'd be his S.S.S.S.S. Squad (Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts).

Moving on to the submissions for Job #27 (2 New Source Fighters), this job will be adding 3 of them to the roster, so vote for your top 3! The submissions are:
My own votes are:
  1. Leonidas
  2. Konata
  3. Alan
Now, onto the results for the King Harkinian stage vote:
  • CD-i Hyrule Castle (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 1 vote
  • Dodomai Palace (submitted by me) - 2 votes
Dodomai Palace has been decided as King Harkinian's stage! The following music tracks have also been added to it:
  1. Harkinescence - Bring King to Life by Harter Stuhligan
  2. Boss Battle from Final Fantasy IV (DS)
Now, onto our next jobs...
Job #28 - Submit a Moveset for the Hotel Mario Bros.
1685167380667.png
Now it's time for those pesky plumbers to get their moveset! Remember, where there's smoke, they pinch back!

Job #29 - Submit Stages for Michael Rosen, Mr. Krabs, AVGN, and Nostalgia Critic
Submit stages for any of the fighters shown above, as well as for those from previous stage jobs who haven't gotten their stages submitted yet (Weegee and Robbie Rotten)! I look forward to seeing the stages you'll submit!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #29 - Submit Stages for Michael Rosen and Mr. Krabs
Since we've still got 2 fighters leftover from the previous stage submission jobs, I'll be scaling down later stage submission jobs to 2 characters each for the time being. I look forward to seeing the stages you'll come up with!
Decided to expand this job to include some more fighters, as I felt that it was too limiting as is. The job now covers the following fighters:
  • Michael Rosen
  • Mr. Krabs
  • AVGN
  • Nostalgia Critic
  • Weegee (holdover from Job #22)
  • Robbie Rotten (holdover from Job #24)
I'm probably going to make some changes for future stage submission jobs in order to make them more engaging. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing the stages you'll submit for these 6 fighters! And yes, you can submit more than one stage for these jobs, if you would like to do so.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Moving on to the submissions for Job #27 (2 New Source Fighters), this job will be adding 3 of them to the roster, so vote for your top 3! The submissions are:
Just a reminder to vote for your top 3 fighters submitted for Job #27 if you haven't already done so. Voting will conclude at noon!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Robbie stage
The Rotten Lair

It's Robbie Rotten's lair! You can see Sportacus caged up by the Robbie clones in the middle just like in We Are Number One.

Inside the disguise chamber you can see costumes for fellow noun replacement legends: Barry B. Benson, Phil Matibag, Sy the O'Hare Delivery Guy, Sherman from Love Handel, and Proto.

Gimmick: Fluffy Thneed chairs on the left and right, jump into them to get some well-needed rest... while the chair goes hurling into the foe! Both an attack and a heal.
Finisher: Foe gets sucked into a pipe and launched into space.

1. We Are Number One
  2. Cooking by the Book (Featuring Lil' John) (swearing)
  3. You Are a Pirate
  4. The Mine Song
  5. Man on a Mission
  6. How Bad Can I Be?
  7. Thneedville
  8. Ain't Got Rhythm
  9. Honex Industries
  10. It's Hip to "Love" Bees (contains swearing, duh)
  11. I Am Proto

FazDude

Smash Master
The Nerd Stage: Nerd Room

A pretty basic stage - Boxes serve as destructible objects (the Nerd likes boxes), and there's two stage finishers - Get KO'd to the left, and you'll crash through some of the Nerd's game shelves. Get KO'd to the right, and you'll crash through some boxes ala the Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout episode.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for the delay, the results for Job #27 (2 New Source Fighters) are in!
1685297601287.png
Our newest fighters are Leonidas, Konata Izumi, and Tyrannosaurus Alan!

Job #28 (Hotel Mario Bros. Moveset) and Job #29 (Stages for Michael Rosen, Mr. Krabs, AVGN, and Nostalgia Critic) will remain open for submissions, though with a new job joining them...

Job #30 - Submit a Fighter from an Animated TV Show
One area in which this roster could definitely use improvement is representatives from animated TV series, so let's get a couple of those on here! Any animated show that hasn't gotten representation on this roster already is eligible for fighter submissions!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Hank Hill (King of the Hill)
King of the Hill is one of the major YTP sources that still has yet to be represented in this project, and Hank (as the show's main character) would be the perfect character to go with in terms of fighter representation, I tell you hwhat.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
It's time to start voting for Job #30 (Animated TV Show Fighters)! This job will add 2 fighters to the roster, so vote for your top 2! Here are the options:
My own votes are for Hank Hill and Arthur, as their sources are the most prominently associated with YTP out of the four.

Moving on to stage submissions, the following two have now officially been added in:
  • The Rotten Lair (Robbie Rotten's stage, Job #24, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  • The Nerd Room (AVGN's stage, Job #29, submitted by FazDude FazDude )
As for the next set of characters open for stage submissions:

Job #31 - Submit Stages for The Spy, Konata, Leonidas, and Tyrannosaurus Alan
This is, of course, in addition to the holdovers from previous stage submission jobs:
  • Weegee (Job #22)​
  • Michael Rosen (Job #29)​
  • Mr. Krabs (Job #29)​
  • Nostalgia Critic (Job #29)​
Job #28 (Hotel Mario Bros. Moveset) will remain open until a moveset for the Mario Bros. has been submitted, though I will also open up the next moveset job:
Job #32 - Submit a Moveset for Morshu
1685380460088.png

Lastly, the following tracks have been added to the menu:
I look forward to seeing your submissions!

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Just adding two more music tracks to Weather Factory:
  • Awoken by H8 Seed & WoodenToaster
  • Rainbow Tylenol by Kitsune^2

Last edited:
Top Bottom