• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Bowel Movement - A YouTube Poop Fighting Game! (submit rivals for K. Rool and Skooks!)

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Here are the voting results of Job #30 (Animated TV Show Fighters)!
  • Inspector Gadget (submitted by ninjahmos) - 1 vote
  • Hank Hill (submitted by me) - 5 votes
  • Arthur (submitted by DarkVortex) - 4 votes
  • Peppa Pig (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 0 votes
Hank Hill and Arthur have been decided as our next fighters! With that, our base roster is now 3/4ths of the way complete!
  1. Angry Video Game Nerd (Cinemassacre)
  2. Arthur Read (Arthur)
  3. Donald McDonald (McDonalds)
  4. Dr. Rabbit (Colgate)
  5. Dr. Robotnik (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog)
  6. Grand Dad (Mario 7-in-1)
  7. Hank Hill (King of the Hill)
  8. Heavy Weapons Guy (Team Fortress 2)
  9. HH (hhgregg)
  10. Hotel Mario Bros. (Hotel Mario)
  11. I.M. Meen (I.M. Meen)
  12. Jack Black (Tenacious D./Sesame Street)
  13. King Harkinian (CD-i Zelda)
  14. King Koopa (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show)
  15. Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)
  16. Leonidas (300)
  17. Michael Rosen (Kids’ Poems and Stories With Michael Rosen)
  18. Morshu (CD-i Zelda)
  19. Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob SquarePants)
  20. Nostalgia Critic (Channel Awesome)
  21. Phil Swift (Flex Seal)
  22. Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
  23. Robbie Rotten (LazyTown)
  24. Sanic Hegehog (MLG Montage parodies)
  25. Shrek (Shrek)
  26. SpingeBill (SpongeBob YTPs)
  27. Spy (Team Fortress 2)
  28. Tyrannosaurus Alan (Volvic)
  29. Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
  30. Weegee (Mario is Missing)
Now, despite the variety of characters currently on the roster, it still feels like it's missing representation for some important sources. Now, I do plan to have DLC/roster expansion for this game to cover any prominent YTP sources that I may have missed, but only after we've got all of the other major aspects of the game worked out (the remaining fighters and stages in the base game, Arcade Mode's structure and bosses, the rivalries between the fighters on the base roster, possibly any other modes this game need), so we need to make these last 10 base roster spots count. With that in mind, the next fighter jobs are...

Job #33 - Submit a Fighter from the Disney Animated Canon
Job #34 - Submit a Fighter from a Cartoon Network Original Series
These two groups of YTP sources had yet to be represented on the roster despite the number of noteworthy characters to choose from, so I figured now would be a good time to fix that!

As for our next order of business...
Discussion #3 - Stages
I'm thinking about discarding or at least revamping the home stages system, as I feel it's limiting our opportunities to get representation for sources that would otherwise get skipped over. Please let me know your thoughts on the home stage system as well as your ideas for how future stage submission jobs should be handled.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it looks like we're ready to go over the submissions for Jobs #33 and #34. We only have 2 for each, so I've set up a StrawPoll to determine how many of them will be making it onto the roster - in the meantime, vote for your preferred fighter for each job. Here are our options (the ones in bold are my own votes):

Job #33 (Disney Animated Canon Fighter):
  • Frollo (Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Gaston (Disney's Beauty and the Beast, submitted by DarkVortex)
Job #34 (Cartoon Network Original Fighter):
How many fighters should be added through Jobs #33... - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

As for our next fighter jobs...

Job #35 - Submit a Fighter from a Video Game Adaptation
Job #36 - Submit a Fighter from a Live-Action Movie
This time around, I went with 2 types of sources that we actually do have a bit of representation for, but that I felt could use a bit more of. A bit of clarification about these jobs:
  • Job #35 refers to media adapted from video games, not media adapted to video games.
  • Submitting actors themselves as fighters for Job #36 is allowed, so long as their portrayals are based on the movies they've acted in.
I'll leave Discussion #3 (Stages) open for the time being, so that we can get more feedback on how stage jobs have been handled in this thread so far, and how they should be handled going forward.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
For my own submissions, I went with a couple throwbacks to my old YTP fighting game thread:

Job #35 (Video Game Adaptation Fighter) - King Dedede (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)
1685552051930.png

He's here to CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH!... as well as anyone else who gets in his way. Obviously he'd use his iconic hammer for basic attacks, while his special moves could involve the various monsters he's ordered through NightMare Enterprises.

Job #36 (Live-Action Movie Fighter) - Bully Maguire (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy)
1685552337353.png

He's gonna put some dirt in your eye. Gameplay-wise, he'd incorporate elements of Spider-Man's and Venom's movesets from the Marvel vs. Capcom games (fitting, as this is when Spider-Man is using the Venom symbiote), along with his iconic dance moves.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, looking at the results for the StrawPoll deciding the number of fighters added through Job #33 (Disney Animated Canon Fighter) and Job #34 (Cartoon Network Original Fighter), they are in favor of adding all 4 submitted fighters in! Considering that they would've tied for the number of votes so far anyway (each got only one vote), this was probably the best option. And with that, Gaston, Frollo, Chowder, and Ed, Edd n Eddy have officially joined the roster!

Moving on to the submissions for Job #35 (Video Game Adaptation Fighter) and Job #36 (Live-Action Movie Fighter), I seem to have been the only one to submit fighters for those jobs so far, so I'll be leaving the jobs open for a few more hours to see if anyone else has anyone they'd like to submit for them.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here are the submissions for Jobs #35 and #36! Once again, I've set up a StrawPoll to determine how many fighters these jobs will add, so vote for your preferred one for each job in the meantime (the ones in bold are my own choices)!

Job #35 (Video Game Adaptation Fighters):
  • King Dedede (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, submitted by me)
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Job #36 (Live-Action Movie Fighters):
  • Bully Maguire (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, submitted by me)
  • Deadpool (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
How many fighters should be added through Jobs #35... - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Our next jobs are...
Job #37 - Submit Stages
Let's get a few more stages on the roster. Any fighter on the roster who hasn't gotten a home stage yet is fair game! 4 stages will be added through this job.

Job #38 - Arcade Mode Bosses
Now that our roster is most of the way complete, I feel like now we can start discussing the details of this game's Arcade Mode - starting with the bosses. Are we going with a single boss for all fighters at the end of the arcade ladder, or will the boss depend on the fighter chosen? For this job, vote a number between 1 and 10 to determine how many bosses this game will have, and submit a potential boss to use for this game (bear in mind that once a boss has been added, they won't be able to be submitted as a fighter, and this game is going to have DLC/expansion fighters somewhere down the line).

FazDude

Smash Master
I vote for Dedede (K. Rool would be REALLY fun, but I wanna step away from the Mario universe given how we have four reps for it rn) and Bully Maguire.

Nostalgia Critic Stage: The Review

No hazards, special finishers, or anything like that. The gimmick here is the Critic himself - The stage takes place on his desk, with a giant Critic watching the fight and reacting to it. You can turn the Critic's commentary on or off before a match.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here are the results of the vote for Jobs #35 and #36!

Job #35 (Video Game Adaptation Fighters):
  • King Dedede (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, submitted by me) - 2 votes
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country TV series, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 0 votes
Job #36 (Live-Action Movie Fighters):
  • Bully Maguire (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, submitted by me) - 2 votes
  • Deadpool (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ) - 0 votes
Let's get the simple part out of the way first: King Dedede and Bully Maguire have officially joined the roster! Were this a simple case of each job adding only one character, that would be it... but we actually have a tie in the StrawPoll results regarding how many fighters will be added in through Job #35! (both StrawPoll options that tied only allowed for one fighter to join through Job #36, so nothing changes on that front)

This leaves King K. Rool, the other fighter submitted for Job #35, in a bit of a precarious position. On the one hand, the Donkey Kong Country TV series (and also the DKC games themselves to an extent, particularly DK64) has more than enough prevalence within YTP/Internet meme culture to justify fighter representation. On the other hand, this roster already has 4 Mario universe representatives on the base roster already, so it would be a bit overkill to add another one, especially through a technicality.

That said, I do have a solution - King K. Rool joins the game as a fighter, but rather than being on the base roster, he instead joins as our first DLC/Expansion fighter! That way, we'd still be able to have fighter representation for the DKC games, while the remaining 4 spots on the base roster will be left available for more varied fighter submissions. Please let me know if you have any issues with my proposed solution to this issue, and I will be happy to take them into consideration!

Job #37 - Submit Stages
Let's get a few more stages on the roster. Any fighter on the roster who hasn't gotten a home stage yet is fair game! 4 stages will be added through this job.

Now that our roster is most of the way complete, I feel like now we can start discussing the details of this game's Arcade Mode - starting with the bosses. Are we going with a single boss for all fighters at the end of the arcade ladder, or will the boss depend on the fighter chosen? For this job, vote a number between 1 and 10 to determine how many bosses this game will have, and submit a potential boss to use for this game (bear in mind that once a boss has been added, they won't be able to be submitted as a fighter, and this game is going to have DLC/expansion fighters somewhere down the line).
Submissions for Job #37 (Stages) and Job #38 (Bosses) are still open, so be sure to submit for those jobs if you haven't already!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
King Koopa's Stage - Dark Land (Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3)
1685756157288.png

Details: Fighting takes place right outside King Koopa's castle. Koopa's minions can be seen in the background, either patrolling the castle or carrying out King Koopa's garbage. If not selected as a fighter, King Koopa can be seen ordering his minions around (Boy, it sure is hard work making those guys work hard...).
Hazards: Hammer Bros. will sometimes show up to attack the fighters, similar to the Hammer Bro. assist trophy in the Super Smash Bros. games. They can be defeated in about 1-2 hits. Occasionally a Sledge Bro. will show up instead, functioning similarly yet dealing more damage and requiring more effort to defeat (about 4-5 hits).
Stage Finisher: If the losing fighter is launched to the right when K.O.d, they'll land right in King Koopa's trash heap.

Music:
  1. Airship Theme from Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Super Mario Bros. 3 remix)
  2. King Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Super Mario Bros. 3 remix)
  3. Monstrous Turtles! by zicron (Super Mario World OC Remix)
  4. Devastation's Doorway by Sole Signal (Super Mario 64 OC Remix)
  5. Medieval Koopa Jam by DaMonz (Super Mario 64+Jazz Jackrabbit 2 OC Remix)
  6. Caravan Bowser by Flexstyle & XPRTNovice (Super Mario 3D World OC Remix)
  7. Super Mario RPG "Armed Boss" Remix by LordoftheJimmy
  8. Bad by Michael Jackson (Super Mario Bros. Super Show cover)

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
For our next fighter-related job, I've decided to refer back to a job that I originally posted too early...
Job #12 - Rival Fighters for the Game's Current Roster
One of the ideas from other fighting games that I've wanted to implement for this game's Arcade Mode was "rivals" - a fighter at a fixed point of the Arcade Mode ladder (usually at the end before the boss) that shares some sort of rivalry or connection with the chosen fighter (in a team-based game such as this, the chosen fighter would be the first one selected). Of course, in a crossover game such as this, they don't have to come from the same source or franchise - they can share a thematic rivalry or one that resembles a rivalry from one of the fighter's home series.

For this job, we'll be discussing who among the current selection of fighters would be fitting rivals for each other, as well as submitting new fighters that could also be potential rivals for fighters on this roster (of course, if you feel the rivals system wouldn't be a good idea for a game like this, or at the very least not for this game's Arcade Mode, please let me know!).
When I originally posted this job, there were only 12 fighters on the base roster out of 40, so there wasn't much point in trying to figure out the rivalries between the fighters on the roster when more than half of the fighters on that roster hadn't been decided yet. Now that we've only got 4 spots on the base roster left to fill, though, I feel like now's a good time to start discussing these rivalries. And for those wondering why I decided this while we still have open space left on the base roster, that's where our next job comes in...

Job #39 - Submit Rivals for the Current Roster's Fighters
For this job, you may submit up to 3 new fighters as potential rivals for fighters currently on the roster. Be sure to explain the connection between your submitted rival and the fighter(s) who they'd be a rival for. Also, when submitting for this job, it's important to consider the potential rivalries between fighters already on the roster - if a fighter already has some decent choices for rivals on the roster, be sure to point them out!

Of course, Jobs #37 and #38 will still be open for submissions along with this job. I look forward to seeing your submissions!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #39 - Submit Rivals for the Current Roster's Fighters
For this job, you may submit up to 3 new fighters as potential rivals for fighters currently on the roster. Be sure to explain the connection between your submitted rival and the fighter(s) who they'd be a rival for. Also, when submitting for this job, it's important to consider the potential rivalries between fighters already on the roster - if a fighter already has some decent choices for rivals on the roster, be sure to point them out!
In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea to post jobs that place limitations on the game's roster when we still have space on the base roster left to fill, even if it's not very much space. With that in mind, I've decided to freeze submissions for Job #38 for the time being, and change Job #39 to...

Job #39 - Submit up to 2 Fighters from Any Source
Since we've only got a few base roster spots left, I figured that an open fighter submission would be a good way to help fill up those remaining spots. And yes, any source does include sources that are already on the roster.

FazDude

Smash Master
It looks like you are trying to add new fighters. Would you like help?

Clippy (Microsoft Office)

There haven't been many YTPs based on Windows specifically, but Windows XP was a hallmark of early YTP culture, as well as early Internet culture as a whole. Clippy could represent that, having a lot of moves based on different Windows-related software (Purble Place, 3D Space Cadet Pinball, the Microsoft Office suite, etc.)

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
For my Job #39 submissions, I'll be going with 2 fighters I've submitted before: one for this thread, and one for my old thread!
asdfguy (asdfmovie)
View attachment 372376
He'd be our representative for classic YouTube animations, taking advantage of the random, sketch-like humor of his home source for a variety of attacks. Expect to see stuff like pie-flavored pies, pointless buttons, explosive turtles, skateboarding cows, and a kid who really likes trains.
Skooks and Shag (The Misadventures of Skooks)

Watch them swooce right in! These renditions of Scooby and Shaggy originate from OrpheusFTW's 5-part Scooby-Doo YTP The Misadventures of Skooks, which really must be experienced to be believed. Granted, this technically isn't a show that aired on Cartoon Network (for obvious reasons), but its primary source material most certainly is, so I'd say that it counts. They'd be a great representative for one of the classic YTP creators, and I JUST REMEMBERED we're out here. What I wanna know is, where's the caveman?

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here are the submissions for Job #39!
  • Clippy (Microsoft Office, submitted by FazDude FazDude )
  • asdfguy (asdfmovie, submitted by me)
  • Skooks & Shag (The Misadventures of Skooks, submitted by me)
  • Billy Mays (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
  • Woody (Toy Story, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
We've got some pretty great submissions for this job, to the point where I'm honestly considering just including them all on the roster... the only issue with that is that there's not enough space left on the base roster to do so. Fortunately, we can use the same solution as with King K. Rool - move a fighter onto the DLC roster. The only question is... which one? To answer that question, I've set up a StrawPoll to vote on which of the five submitted fighters should be our second DLC option (along with an option to move one of the fighters already on the base roster to DLC, should it be decided as more fitting for that fighter).

Which fighter should be moved to DLC? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

As for our next jobs...
Job #40 - Submit Movesets
I'm going to open a free submission job for movesets, which we certainly could use more of. Here's the template:
TypeNameDescription
Entrance​
Light Grounded Attack​
Light Crouching Attack​
Light Air Attack​
Normal Grounded Attack​
Normal Crouching Attack​
Normal Air Attack​
Heavy Grounded Attack​
Heavy Crouching Attack​
Heavy Air Attack​
Guard​
Throw (Front)​
Throw (Back)​
Neutral Special​
Forward Special​
Back Special​
Up Special​
Down Special​
Air Special​
Level 1 Super​
Level 2 Super​
Level 3 Super​
Taunt​
Victory #1​
Victory #2​
Assist #1​
Assist #2​
Assist #3​

Job #41 - Submit Game Modes
We could also use a few more game modes, so be sure to submit any ideas you have for those!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the results of the Job #39 StrawPoll, they're in favor of Skooks & Shag becoming our 2nd DLC fighters! And as a result, our final base roster fighters are asdfguy, Billy Mays, Clippy, and Woody!

I've also decided to officially add the stages submitted so far for Job #37:
  • The Review (Nostalgia Critic's stage, submitted by FazDude FazDude )
  • Dark Land (King Koopa's stage, submitted by me)
  • The Sugar Bowl (Arthur's stage, submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Since we've already got 2 fighters on the DLC roster, I think now would be a good time to post a job relating to it...

Job #42 - DLC Roster Size
How many DLC fighters should we have (including the ones that have already been added)? Submit an even number greater than 2 for the DLC roster size! For my own submission, I'll go with 12 fighters - a fairly reasonable amount, that can be easily organized across 2 or 3 DLC passes.

Job #40 (Fighter Movesets) and Job #41 (Game Modes) are still open as well, so be sure to submit for those jobs if you haven't already!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Job #41 (Game Modes):
  • Tournament Mode: Works just like Tournament Mode in the Super Smash Bros. games. Both players and CPUs can participate in the tournaments set up through this mode, though CPU-only matches can be skipped.
  • Training Mode: A mode for practicing fighters' moves and combos.
  • Tennis Mode: No, this isn't a bonus mode based on the real-life sport of tennis, it's a mode based on the collaborative offshoot of YTP known as "YTP Tennis", where two or more YTP creators remix the same YTP across several "rounds" until a winner is declared. Matches played under this mode require both participants to swap out a fighter on their team with either a fighter not initially selected or one of their opponent's fighters (the latter is optional). Prior to a match, it can be determined whether the winning player or the losing player is the one who gets to decide if the fighter swap between opposing teams happens, as well as which fighters will be swapped between them and their opponent (losing player's decision is the default).

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for the delay in updates - I got caught up in working on another project that I recently started, but now I'm back! Let's go over the submissions for Jobs #40, #41, and #42!

The following modes have been added through Job #41:
  • Tournament Mode (submitted by me)
  • Training Mode (submitted by me)
  • Tennis Mode (submitted by me)
Moving on to Job #42, it looks like everyone's fine with my proposed DLC roster size of 12 fighters, so that's what we'll be going with.

Since there aren't any submissions at all for Job #40, it will continue to remain open for the time being. I'm currently debating whether I should make moveset submissions an open job like with music, or go back to single-fighter moveset jobs like with Dr. Robotnik, the Hotel Mario Bros., and Morshu. (the latter two still have yet to receive their movesets, by the way...) Please provide your feedback as to what would be the better option!

Onto our next orders of business...
Job #12 - Rival Fighters for the Game's Current Roster
One of the ideas from other fighting games that I've wanted to implement for this game's Arcade Mode was "rivals" - a fighter at a fixed point of the Arcade Mode ladder (usually at the end before the boss) that shares some sort of rivalry or connection with the chosen fighter (in a team-based game such as this, the chosen fighter would be the first one selected). Of course, in a crossover game such as this, they don't have to come from the same source or franchise - they can share a thematic rivalry or one that resembles a rivalry from one of the fighter's home series.

For this job, we'll be discussing who among the current selection of fighters would be fitting rivals for each other, as well as submitting new fighters that could also be potential rivals for fighters on this roster (of course, if you feel the rivals system wouldn't be a good idea for a game like this, or at the very least not for this game's Arcade Mode, please let me know!).
Job #14 - Arcade Mode Structure
How should this game's Arcade Mode be structured? Should each fighter have a set of pre-determined fights for their Arcade Ladder? Or should it be completely random who they'll fight on the way to the top? Maybe somewhere in between? Please submit your ideas!
Okay, before we start voting, let's go over the results of the Job #12 StrawPoll. The results are in favor of implementing a rivals system for this game's fighters - however, I've decided to take FazDude FazDude 's suggestion to wait until after the base roster has been finalized to determine which fighters will be each other's rivals, so it won't impact future fighter submission jobs too much. I might have a rival-based fighter submission job once we get to the last remaining slots on the base roster, though, so be on the lookout for that.

Similarly, I've decided to postpone submissions for Job #14 (Arcade Mode Structure) until after the base roster is fleshed out some more, though I've at the very least determined that the last two fights on the arcade ladder will be against the fighter's rival followed by a boss. Once we've got some more fighters on the roster, we can start discussing everything on the arcade ladder before those two fights.
Now that we've got the base roster filled out, I think now's a good time to start discussing the fighters' arcade ladders and rivalries. Submit your ideas for how Arcade Mode's ladders should be structured and which rivalries would work between the base roster's 40 fighters! And speaking of rivalries...

Job #43 - Submit Rivals for King K. Rool and Skooks & Shag
Unlike the base roster's fighters, the DLC fighters will take the rivals system into account when being decided. For this job, you'll be deciding on fitting rivals for our first two DLC fighters - King K. Rool and Skooks & Shag!

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Does the rival have to be a newcomer or someone already in the game?
Either one is fine by me. In fact, I'd originally submitted Skooks & Shag for this thread as a potential rival for SpingeBill, seeing as they're both memorable YTP corruptions of iconic cartoon characters. (though admittedly I hadn't anticipated Skooks becoming DLC at the time)

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Rivals:
King K. Rool vs King Dedede: Both are animal kings from Nintendo cartoons
Skooks & Shag vs Hotel Mario Bros.: Both are iconic duos with green scaredy cat members

Top Bottom