• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SuperBob SmashPants

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Inspired by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Super Mario Smash Bros. Thread here, I thought it would be cool to see a Nick All-Star Brawl-like game..... with only SpongeBob Squarepants content. I have decided that SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy will carry over from the original game. Everything else is up for debate.

[
1. SpongeBob SquarePants
2. Patrick Star
3. Sandy Cheeks
4. Mr. Krabs
5. Squidward Tentacles
6. Sheldon J. Plankton
7. DoodleBob
/SPOILER]
[
1. Jellyfish Fields (NASB)

Jellyfish Fields (NASB) music:

1. F.U.N. Song (Instrumental)
2. BFBB Jellyfish Fields
3. NASB Jellyfish Fields
4. Jellyfish Jam

2. Glove World (NASB)
/SPOILER]
[
None Yet
/SPOILER]
[
1. Smash (Standard multiplayer battles)
2. Arcade mode (Similar to SSBU's Classic mode, routes for each character).
/SPOILER]
[
SpongeBob's Alts:

• #1 Drinking Hat
  • Jellyfishing glasses and Krusty Krab Hat
  • Classic SpongeBob (Super Brawl series)
  • SpongeGar
  • Karate Helmet
  • Mermaid Man Costume
  • Ripped Pants
Patrick's Alts:
  • Patrick Star Show appearance
  • Gorilla Suit
  • Patrick Man
  • Pinhead Larry + Cowboy Hat
  • Board nailed to head
  • Barnacle Boy Costume
  • Patar

/SPOILER]

Last edited:

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
JOB 1: Character Submission
Submit any character that has ever appeared in SpongeBob SquarePants media. Please include name, a picture, and justification for inclusion and/or fighter archetype if you would like.

Job will close July 4th

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I know the sane thing to do would be to submit a major character like Squidward or Mr. Krabs. Since those are probably going to be submitted anyway, I want to start with someone who isn't nearly as important lore-wise, but still a beloved character from SpongeBob.

...So rev up those friers, because it's Fred's time to shine!

Debut Episode: Reef Blower

Fred (also known as Incidental 1, Hank, Clint, or the "My leg!" fish) is a reoccuring character in SpongeBob SquarePants. He's just an average citizen of Bikini Bottom, usually finding himself injured as a result of the nautical nonsense that the town regularly sees, leading him to shout his iconic catchphrase.

That, on top of an entire episode dedicated to the character and his running gag, has made Fred one of the most iconic "Incidental" characters in SpongeBob, and I can't think of many characters who'd be better to represent a common Bikini Bottomite than him.

As a fighter, I'd imagine he'd be a fairly straightforward and everyman fighter; Kinda like how Villager is designed in Smash. He could use everyday household objects to fight, as well as some references to other Bikini Bottomites (such as throwing a burnt shake). And of course, I don't need to tell you what one of his KO screams would be.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oooooh this is Nick All Star Brawl but it represents how Nickelodeon is now mostly dominated by Spongebob here! This is gonna be fun.

Job 1

Plankton

0a7a115489e0927acfc73b6c220ec818--spongebob-cartoon.jpg

An obvious pick right here that should get in at some point. He is the rival of Mr. Krabs and one of the main antagonists of SpongeBob. He can fight with robots, his extended family and even Karen as well. Overall, he will be a heavyweight because he will be in a robot.

Character submission:
Larry the Lobster
1656876323358.png

A supporting character from eponymous series. He is an anthropomorphic lobster, who is friend with spongebob & his friends.

Not very obvious choice, be he would make sense for Spongebob platform fighter since he is very muscular and he would know how to fight.
1656876423139.png

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty then, a great start to submissions! Voting will begin today and end on Wednesday the 6th, one extra day due to the fourth of July in my country to those who celebrate.

Eligible Submissions for job 1:

Whew, a whole lot of great choices here! Voting will follow the traditional top three format as follows:

1. First pick
2. Second pick
3. Third Pick

Moveset job will be dependent on the winning character. In the meantime, since three characters exist already...

JOB 2: Submit a stage for SpongeBob

Submit a stage that represents SpongeBob himself. This can be from any piece of existing SpongeBob media. Submissions will close on Wednesday as well.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, votes are in! Let's see who will become the first new fighter in the game!

• Mr. Krabs (11 points)
  • Larry (4 points)
  • Squidward (10 points)
  • Patchy + Potty (2 points)
  • Plankton (3 points)
All good choices which will probably be added at some point. Our winner, however, by a small margin is Mr. Eugene Krabs!!

Our next job, then, will be:

JOB 3: Submit a Moveset for Mr. Krabs
Mr. Krabs will come into our game fighting with hard work, perseverance, vision, determination, and sweat (but most importantly, his sweat).
Refer to this chart if you need a reference on NASB's basic gameplay which will serve as the basis for all movesets. Don't worry about Taunts, Idles, or Alts, as we'll get to those later. Moveset submissions are due 7/8!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I vote for Jellyfish Fields.

As for a Mr. Krabs moveset, I mainly took inspiration from hand-to-hand combat, fitting for his old role as a naval cadet. There is a mini-mechanic that goes along with him, but I'll have to wait until I get to his Neutral Special to tackle that.

• Grounded Attacks
    • Light Neutral: Mr. Krabs simply punches forward with one of his claws.
    • Light Up: Mr. Krabs throws an uppercut.
    • Light Down: Mr. Krabs pushes at the ground with both claws.
    • Light Dash: Mr. Krabs throws a shoulder bash.
    • Strong Neutral: Mr. Krabs throws a hook punch.
    • Strong Up: Mr. Krabs thrusts both claws into the air.
    • Strong Down: Mr. Krabs spins in place, hitting on both sides of himself.
    • Strong Dash: Mr. Krabs dives forwards, sliding on his stomach.
  • Aerials
    • Light Neutral: Mr. Krabs sweeps one of his claws downwards.
    • Light Up: Mr. Krabs' eyes rise a little.
    • Light Down: Mr. Krabs kicks beneath himself with his stubby little legs.
    • Strong Neutral: Mr. Krabs spins in the air with his claws extended.
    • Strong Up: Mr. Krabs claps his claws above himself.
    • Strong Down: Mr. Krabs swings a bag of money beneath himself.
  • Specials
    • Neutral Special: Penny Pincher
      • Mr. Krabs delivers a pinch with one of his claws. While the pinch doesn't deal too much damage or knockback, it does do something important for Mr. Krabs - It gives him Money, his central mechanic. With money, Mr. Krabs' attack power increases as he gains more of it, with his attack resistance increasing as well. However, Mr. Krabs will lose money with each hit he takes - After all, the best way to hurt Mr. Krabs is through his wallet.
    • Up Special: Krabby Dive
      • Mr. Krabs leaps into the air before slamming down with his claws. This Up Special is actually fairly similar to that of Incineroar or Garfield.
    • Down Special: Armor Abs
      • Mr. Krabs flexes, causing enemies who attack him to hurt themselves trying to attack his tough shell. This isn't a counter, though; Mr. Krabs will still take some damage, and opponents will simply take fixed knockback.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
I've also realized that a couple of characters will always be submitted until they are in, as they are too crucial to the SpongeBob world. As such, Squidward Tentacles and Sheldon J. Plankton will also be added to the roster.

(Fyi, the first image result for Sheldon J. Plankton is from the Pooh's adventures wiki. I did not need that memory awakened).

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Finally, the actual reason I'm here today

Job 4: Submit a mode

The game should have a mode besides the main battle mode. This can take a form similar to Smash's classic mode, or go in a different direction entirely.

This job will be due 7/9 due to potential complexity.

Last edited:
Job 4:
Arcade Mode

Arcade mode is a gamemode that is used a lot in fighting games. You fight the opponents in random order until you get to the final boss.

The arcade mode would be the same like in smash (Which it would include minigames or bonus rounds).
Each character has own arcade mode route like in Smash Ultimate.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Voting will begin now and end on 7/10. The options will be:

Job 6: Submit Alts for SpongeBob

Submit up to 8 Alternate colors or costumes for SpongeBob. These should mostly be related to looks seen in the show, although a few non-series references could be thrown in.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Default
  2. Jellyfishing glasses and Krusty Krab hat (combined since alone they'd be too small)
  3. Ripped Pants
  4. Kuddly Krab
  5. Patrick Star Show Appearance
  6. Exposed Brain Halloween
  7. Classic SpongeBob (Super Brawl series)
  8. SpongeGar

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Voting will begin for alts here. The top 8 including the default will be included.

Glove World (NASB) will be Patrick's Stage.

Resubmitting Larry the Lobster.
He debuted in Season 1 episode "Ripped pants".
Larry the Lobster
1657552348752.png

A supporting character from eponymous series. He is an anthropomorphic lobster, who is friend with spongebob & his friends.

An obvious choice for this criteria/prompt, but he would make sense for Spongebob platform fighter since he is very muscular and he would know how to fight. He could even flex as his taunt.
1657552367467.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom