• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Warriors

Should We Add Inkling Immediately?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think we're a bit too early in to force a Koei Techmo character (we still don't have staples like Sonic or Ness yet), but if I have to then...
Job #5: Miku Hinasaki
1635385300116.png

Miku is the main character of the debut game of the Fatal Frame series and the most reoccurring playable character (which isn't a high bar as it's only 2 but she still jumped over it).

She could use the Camera Obscura to damage enemies and possibly evade ghosts making them attack enemies in the way, among others.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Ryu Hayabusa
Character Origin: Ninja Gaiden

1635386152840.png

If there is one series from the history of Koei Tecmo that can be stated to have both infurated, and inspired, people, I think it's unequivocally the Ninja Gaiden series - especially the classic games. As a result, I think it's only right he be represented here! Utilising his various weapons, as well as special abilities acquired from the classic titles - such as the Fire Wheel and the Windmill Shuriken - which would make his moveset varied and interesting overall, easily making him stand out as a character here with his intense speed and agility.

Now, in terms of design - I think having his "modern" design as his default look, and his "classic" design as an alt, would work well.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
To be honest, I think we're a bit too early in to force a Koei Techmo character (we still don't have staples like Sonic or Ness yet), but if I have to then...
I debated on where to put this job, I felt like putting it up front was a way to differentiate the "game" a bit. there will absolutely more jobs for other third and first parties though.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 5 voting

Kasumi Pupp135 Pupp135 1
Miku Hinasaki CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 4
Ryu Hayabusa KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 5
Ryza cashregister9 cashregister9 3

Ryu Hayabusa is the first third party character and the obligatory Koei rep

Job 6

Submit the first map

These maps would be pretty large and have at least 5 keeps, keeps are the main mechanic here and they are square rooms with specific theming and names.

Job 7:
Bowser (Super Mario)

Bowser is main Villain of Mario Series. He always tries to Steal Peach and it fails after Mario saves her. He is Koopa that breathes fire and it rules his Kingdom with Iron Fist. Also he commands goombas and Koopa Troopas to Attack Mario.

If he was Added in the Game, he could have some moveset's Moves like Flame Breath, Minion Command or even infamous Bowser Bomb. He could be Tank of the Game, which he could have Highest Health of Playable Characters and smallest Knockback.

I Nominate Bowser, because he could be Villain Rep that he could be Playable and he could be Tankiest Character in the Game due to his Status. He could even fight his Minions, which it could be odd, but still he should be in Super Smash Warriors game, because it would look cool with Bowser.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Luigi since he is the player 2 character of the Mario series, and he has his own Luigi’s Mansion side series.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Luigi is the next character joining the roster

Job 7

Submit an assist character from a franchise currently represented

Assists will be summoned via an assist meter and once summoned act similarly like they do in the main games only flashier and don't forget to keep in mind the warriors gameplay.

Job 8

Submit a special ability for a character on the roster

Special abilities can be either a passive ability or an extra attack that is unique to that character

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 7: I’ll nominate Tingle since he is a recurring character in the Legend of Zelda.

I’ll come back to job 8 later.

Job 7:
Krystal (Star Fox)

Krystal is a Character from Star Fox series and she originates from Planet Cerinia, but when she met Fox, Fox fell in love with Her.

As Assist, she could freeze the Opponents like her Assist Trophy role does.

Job 8:
INK (for Inkling)

Inkling has a Gimmick called Ink, since it could act like Ultimate, which if enemy is covered I Ink gets more Damage and the new thing is that the Ink Obscures the Vision of Enemies and it could unique, since you can blind the Boss, so he won't defeat you easily while have Ink on the Body.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Waluigi is the first assist character

Job 9

Submit an item

Items function like how they do in Hyrule Warriors. You select them and then activate them and they do an action be that an extra attack or a support ability.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Mushroom will be added by default

Job 10

Submit a Third Party character that has already appeared in Smash

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
The Mushroom will be added by default

Job 10

Submit a Third Party character that has already appeared in Smash
Character Name: Mega Man
Character Series: Mega Man
Character Origin: Mega Man (1987)

1636300329193.png

Here he is! Okay, whilst this might be a left-field pick, I think Mega Man is one of the most reasonable characters in terms of a Warriors game, mostly because of one defining aspect - his Variable Weapons System. Being able to act as a zoner, I think the idea of him being able to switch between weapons on the fly would be a cool gimmick for him. Not only this, but there's a massive amount of potential weapons for him - for instance, you could give him various Robot Master weapons - but my own idea is that you could give him various weapons such as Rush (his robotic dog) and the Sakugarne (Quint's signature... drill... pogo stick?)

Not only this, but he has a ton of Nintendo history - and there's tons of potential for "fodder" enemies such as Sniper Joes, Mettaurs, and other such things!

Job 10:
Pac-Man

The Legend, The Myth, The Deity of Video Games; PAC-MAN!
Pac-Man is a Character from his Iconic Maze series of the Same Name. He eats ghosts and has random adventures in Pac-Land. In terms of Warriors, he could be Mix-Up character, which he has Projectiles and Melee Attacks. Pacman could use Ghosts as Strong Attacks to defend himself.

He could be Also alluding to Video Game history, since Pac-Man was Skyrocketing Popular in 80's like Among Us today. Also, Pacman Deserves to be in the Game, without Pacman, that Game wont be the Same.

D

Deleted member

Simon Belmont (Castlevaina)

Simon might not be the first character you would think of for this, but Castlevaina is a classic seires that would fit right in alongside the NES icons that are already present in our line up. Plus that soundtrack is full of bangers. Simon would make use of his whip for wide reaching attacks along with throwing objects like crosses and holly water. He could bring various enemies with him such as skeletons and medusa heads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While I want to choose an FF character or Sora, I feel like Sonic has to be in.

SA1 S d1.png

Sonic was one of Nintendo’s main rivals in the ‘90s, and his franchise is still around, and the there are Olympic crossover games with Mario.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate the Goomba army
Mooks: Goomba Army

The Goomba army would consist of weak, beginner mooks. They would attack by charging at the player and attempting to bite them. There are three types of Goombas: Goombas, Galoombas, and Goombrats. They all behave the same.

Commander: Goomboss (Yes, I know the Goomboss is one character, but just don't think about it.)

The Goomboss is strong, but is still weak for a commander. Goombosss would attack by charging and creating spores, which in turn, create Goombas. The Goomboss could also jump up high and slam the ground, which spawns Goombas.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Mega Man KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 7
Pac-man Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 1
Simon Belmont @Darkonedagger 3
Sonic Pupp135 Pupp135 1

Mega Man is the next Third-party character

Job 11

Submit another Army

The only stipulation is that it can't be from Zelda
Well, seems as the Mega Man series is finally here:

Basic: Metall
The Mettaur acts as ground support, being a sort of collation of all Mettaurs in the series. As well as being able to fire and hide in their shells, they can walk around like the Neo Metall, as well as being able to jump and spin like the Metall DX from Mega Man 4.

Captain: Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe will essentially work similarly to the Sniper Joes in the series, again acting as a composite character of sorts. As well as being able to hide behind its shield and fire shots, it can also fire a volley of shots similar to the Machine Gun Joe from Mega Man 9, and even having access to the Rider Bike used by Rider Joes in Mega Man 5.

Special: Hammer Joe
Originating from Mega Man 3, the Hammer Joe is essentially a tank - having a large ball and chain it can swing around as well as throw, it's notable in that it can only be damaged when its eye is open. As a result, it's necessary to act evasively.

Top Bottom