• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Warriors

Should We Add Inkling Immediately?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In this hypothetical game Koei and Nintendo's partnership has evolved to the next level and the 2 companies want to make a Warriors game themed after the many Nintendo franchises and games in general

a Large crossover like this is not out of the ordinary as we do have Warriors All-stars.

I submitted this concept in KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Sonic Warrior's thread and I liked it so much I wanted to do my own thread, go to that thread too that is another great thread.

The Roster
-Mario
  • Special Ability:
-Link
  • Special Ability:
-Marth
  • Special Ability:
-Kirby
  • Special Ability:
-Pikachu
  • Special Ability:
-Samus
  • Special Ability:

Weapons
-Mario
  • F.L.U.D.D.
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Link
  • Master Sword
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Marth
  • Falchion
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Kirby
  • Weapon 1
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Pikachu
  • Electric Tail
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Samus
  • Plasma Cannon
    • Regular Attack
    • Strong Attack
    • Combo 1
    • Combo 2
    • Combo 3
    • Combo 4
    • Combo 5
    • Combo 6
    • Air Attack
    • Air Strong
    • Air Combo 1
    • Air Combo 2
    • Finisher 1
    • Finisher 2
    • Finisher 3
-Captain Falcon
-Fox
-Inkling

Armies
  • Army 1
    • Basic:
    • Captain:
    • Special:
  • Unaffiliated Units

Bosses

Maps

Items

Assists

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
As much as I want to submit Dr. Kawashima and watch the world around me burn into a cinder, he might work better as a later joke character, so here's my actual pick:

Character Name: Wario
Character Origin: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)
Series Name: WarioWare

1634938185514.png

Oh, yeah... I am going to watch the world burn today, no matter what.

I think that, for a Nintendo All-Stars of sorts, Wario has to be here in some capacity. The thing is, though, there's a lot of ways he could be handled - and the two most prominent are basing his appearance on the various Wario Land games, or basing it on the WarioWare titles. Now, as much as the idea of having two completely distinct Warioes as playable characters, or having Wario be a stance-change fighter between the two, could be - I'm keeping it "simple."

Wario's general style is, as with WarioWare as a whole, bat**** insane. I imagine that various minigames from across the series could be represented, as well as his employees such as 9-Volt and Ashley helping with certain attacks. The idea, as well, that his "power attacks" (?) actually take the form of a WarioWare styled minigame is just so wacky... I think I'd be okay with it here.

Even so, I want to stress that this isn't based on his Smash interpretation. Sure, I'd give him his bike of course, but I don't think Smash really captures the bat**** insane nature of WarioWare at times - and that's what I'd love to see here.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Just some things I wanted to mention.

1. What do you mean by armies? I'm just curious.

2. I think assist trophies could work here. When you get one, you can save it for later. When you do use an AT, they unleash an attack or add certain effects. Just wanted to throw that out there.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just some things I wanted to mention.

1. What do you mean by armies? I'm just curious.

2. I think assist trophies could work here. When you get one, you can save it for later. When you do use an AT, they unleash an attack or add certain effects. Just wanted to throw that out there.
1. Armies would be the basic enemies they consist of 2 units, the basic unit and a captain, they would spawn in hordes and they could also have special units.
2. Assists will be in, It will just be after the thread gets rolling a bit

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #1: Captain Falcon
1634938953827.png
Falcon is an absolute icon of the series and the fact he isn't base is blasphemy. Being the technical first character of the Smash series (if it was true that Captain Falcon was a last minute addition because his moveset was taken directly from the fighters when the game was originally called
Kakutō Gēmu Ryūō (Dragon King: The Fighting Game), Captain became his own character in Smash and is loved dearly by basically everyone. He may not have any relevance nowadays but he still has a passionate fanbase begging for a new F-Zero game and is a popular character to main.

I don't know how to end this, just vote Captain Falcon, please, only if you want to though. thanks bye bye.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1: Mewtwo
810898E8-0658-4426-9AF7-2EC5D2A0B2F0.png

Mewtwo is one of the most iconic Pokémon of all time. Mewtwo was created to be the most powerful Pokémon in the world, but rebelled against his creators. Mewtwo was first introduced all the way back in Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green. Mewtwo could float in the air, while using his great psychic abilities. Mewtwo could shoot out shadow balls and lift hordes and knock them back into the air. Mewtwo is seen by many as the most iconic legendary Pokémon of all time.

Job 1:
Fox McCloud

Fox is a main character from Star Fox series. He is the leader of Team Star Fox and he defends Lylat from Andross' Forces or even other Cosmic Forces like Aparaid Swarm or Scales' Army. If he was playable in the Game, he could shoot Lasers from His Gun and he could dash at opponents. His finisher could usage of Team Star Fox (Falco, Slippy and Krystal) to attack the Enemies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think this a pretty fun thread. There are a lot of Smash-like game creation threads but we don't have that many Nintendo crossovers that don't thread the old ground. I can see this being a fun way to experiment with Nintendo IPs.

One question, though: Shouldn't Inkling also be in the starting roster? I can see why you'd want to not cram too much characters into the pre-determined roster but they seem like a bit unusual to left out at this point.

Either way, my nomination is...

Job #1: Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

1634979742707.png

As most of you already know, Isabelle is a major character from Animal Crossing, being the player's secretary and later a mascot of the series as a whole, thanks to the populairity she gained from her cute and hardworking personality.

In this game, Isabelle would make use of the 3D nature of the battlefield to not only attack with the items she uses in Smash (such as fishing hook, water bucket and broom), she'd also build and place furnitures and small buildings around her to control the enemies and defend herself, making for a unique warrior.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since Animal Crossing has a nomination, I’ll nominate Yoshi since he is a popular character with his own side series. In terms of abilities, he could use egg throws, egg lay, flight, and ground pound.

Yoshi
I was thinking of nominating Inkling, but Yoshi is also pretty important.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 1: Luigi

Traits: High jumps, Vacuuming Skills
As much as I want to submit Dr. Kawashima and watch the world around me burn into a cinder, he might work better as a later joke character, so here's my actual pick:

Character Name: Wario
Character Origin: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)
Series Name: WarioWare

View attachment 335387

Oh, yeah... I am going to watch the world burn today, no matter what.

I think that, for a Nintendo All-Stars of sorts, Wario has to be here in some capacity. The thing is, though, there's a lot of ways he could be handled - and the two most prominent are basing his appearance on the various Wario Land games, or basing it on the WarioWare titles. Now, as much as the idea of having two completely distinct Warioes as playable characters, or having Wario be a stance-change fighter between the two, could be - I'm keeping it "simple."

Wario's general style is, as with WarioWare as a whole, bat**** insane. I imagine that various minigames from across the series could be represented, as well as his employees such as 9-Volt and Ashley helping with certain attacks. The idea, as well, that his "power attacks" (?) actually take the form of a WarioWare styled minigame is just so wacky... I think I'd be okay with it here.

Even so, I want to stress that this isn't based on his Smash interpretation. Sure, I'd give him his bike of course, but I don't think Smash really captures the bat**** insane nature of WarioWare at times - and that's what I'd love to see here.
Job #1: Captain Falcon
View attachment 335390
Falcon is an absolute icon of the series and the fact he isn't base is blasphemy. Being the technical first character of the Smash series (if it was true that Captain Falcon was a last minute addition because his moveset was taken directly from the fighters when the game was originally called
Kakutō Gēmu Ryūō (Dragon King: The Fighting Game), Captain became his own character in Smash and is loved dearly by basically everyone. He may not have any relevance nowadays but he still has a passionate fanbase begging for a new F-Zero game and is a popular character to main.

I don't know how to end this, just vote Captain Falcon, please, only if you want to though. thanks bye bye.
Job #1: Mewtwo
View attachment 335391
Mewtwo is one of the most iconic Pokémon of all time. Mewtwo was created to be the most powerful Pokémon in the world, but rebelled against his creators. Mewtwo was first introduced all the way back in Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green. Mewtwo could float in the air, while using his great psychic abilities. Mewtwo could shoot out shadow balls and lift hordes and knock them back into the air. Mewtwo is seen by many as the most iconic legendary Pokémon of all time.
Job 1:
Fox McCloud

Fox is a main character from Star Fox series. He is the leader of Team Star Fox and he defends Lylat from Andross' Forces or even other Cosmic Forces like Aparaid Swarm or Scales' Army. If he was playable in the Game, he could shoot Lasers from His Gun and he could dash at opponents. His finisher could usage of Team Star Fox (Falco, Slippy and Krystal) to attack the Enemies.
I think this a pretty fun thread. There are a lot of Smash-like game creation threads but we don't have that many Nintendo crossovers that don't thread the old ground. I can see this being a fun way to experiment with Nintendo IPs.

One question, though: Shouldn't Inkling also be in the starting roster? I can see why you'd want to not cram too much characters into the pre-determined roster but they seem like a bit unusual to left out at this point.

Either way, my nomination is...

Job #1: Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

View attachment 335433

As most of you already know, Isabelle is a major character from Animal Crossing, being the player's secretary and later a mascot of the series as a whole, thanks to the populairity she gained from her cute and hardworking personality.

In this game, Isabelle would make use of the 3D nature of the battlefield to not only attack with the items she uses in Smash (such as fishing hook, water bucket and broom), she'd also build and place furnitures and small buildings around her to control the enemies and defend herself, making for a unique warrior.
Since Animal Crossing has a nomination, I’ll nominate Yoshi since he is a popular character with his own side series. In terms of abilities, he could use egg throws, egg lay, flight, and ground pound.

Yoshi
I was thinking of nominating Inkling, but Yoshi is also pretty important.
Luigi
Wario
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Fox
Isabelle
Yoshi

Vote for your top 3, voting is ranked you can only vote for your own in second or third place

Yes you were right I didn't want to put too many characters in the default roster as that kinda defeats the purpose of a creation thread. But I can make a poll later to deduce whether or not we immediately add inkling.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Luigi
Wario
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Fox
Isabelle
Yoshi

Vote for your top 3, voting is ranked you can only vote for your own in second or third place

Yes you were right I didn't want to put too many characters in the default roster as that kinda defeats the purpose of a creation thread. But I can make a poll later to deduce whether or not we immediately add inkling.
1. Captain Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Wario

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Luigi Yiptap Yiptap 4
Wario KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 5
Captain Falcon CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 9
Mewtwo evanwoo10 evanwoo10 2
Fox Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 9
Isabelle osby osby 7
Yoshi Pupp135 Pupp135

We have a tie here.

TIEBREAKER

There is also a poll at the top of the thread on whether or not we should add inkling immediately.

Job 2

Submit a weapon for someone on the base roster

Weapons will follow a similar template

-A Name
-Regular Attack: Each regular attack has at least 3 hits, they can have more though.
-Strong Attack: 1 Powerful hit that can be charged
-air Regular: air Regular's have at most 3 hits
-air Strong: 1 Powerful hit that can be charged

Combos and finishers will be handled at a later date.

For this job just select someone on the roster and say what their weapon should be filling in the template with the information. Don't be afraid to get creative and a weapon can be a physical attribute.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, I actually have a ton of ideas for Mario specifically which could be based on his various items from across the series, but as per the job I'll put one here. (Personally, I think it's reasonable for Mario to have a ton of weapons, a little like Link in Hyrule Warriors.)

Character: Mario
Weapon Name: F.L.U.D.D
Weapon Origin: Super Mario Sunshine (2002)
Weapon Element (if this applies?): Water

1635030173987.png

The reason I submit this is simple - the F.L.U.D.D is really quite unique as a weapon. Whilst other weapons might be better suited to other characters, I think that the F.L.U.D.D perfectly acts as a mirror to Luigi's Poltergust (a weapon I can imagine him having.) Plus, it gives a ton of movement options to Mario that he doesn't usually have, so... yeah, why not!

The main gimmick of the F.L.U.D.D is mobility. With things such as the Hover Nozzle to attack enemies below you, as well as being able to slide around at high speed with the Turbo Nozzle - and other such clever things as that that could work really well. For gameplay purposes, however, we wouldn't have to deal with water limitations as in the source material.

• Regular Attack: I can imagine this being a basic set of punches and kicks from Mario, with a couple of F.L.U.D.D-aided spins to get a bit more overall damage in there and maybe one or two sprays as he attacks for a little extra range.
  • Strong Attack: For this one, I'd imagine Mario would leap forward, using his F.L.U.D.D for extra speed before jumping directly off the enemy, then spinning around them with the F.L.U.D.D active, spraying them down the whole time!
  • Air Regular: This would probably have Mario still doing his punches and kicks, though differently for some variety, but with the F.L.U.D.D keeping him airborne - meaning there's actually a hitbox under him too.
  • Air Strong: Mario activates the F.L.U.D.D, which suddenly works a lot like a jet pack - having Mario fly at high speed forward, smashing into the opponent in front of him hard before he jumps back, and fires a concentrated jet of water at them!

I think the reason this one works is because it's literally, well, a weapon. Unlike something like Yoshi and a Cape or the Tanooki Suit, this is something that Mario directly equips as, well... a weapon. Anyways, hope y'all like it!

Job 2:
Plasma Cannon (Samus)

I submitted Samus' Cannon, because it's a Iconic weapon for Samus and her series. The weapon is in-built her, so it's very unique pick for Weapon, which is built-in the Suit.

Regular Attack: Samus shoots out the Missile straight at Enemies, which explosive damage.
Strong Attack: Samus charges her Shot to maximum power and launches at enemies with huge explosion and huge damage.
Air Regular: Samus stabs enemy with her Cannon in any direction.
Air Strong: Samus shoots out Ice Beam at enemies at any direction you want. It gives area damage.

It works like this, because it could reference Abilities from Metroid Games and Super Smash Bros. Samus' Moveset.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Both F.L.U.D.D. and Plasma cannon will be added

Update on Job 1

I cannot believe there was another tie so both Captain Falcon and Fox are being added along with inkling.

Job 3

Submit your idea for an Army

They can be from any Nintendo property.

Armies have 2 units, a standard mook and a general. mooks appear all over in massive quantities and generals appear at key locations over the map.

JOB 3:
Aparoid Army (Star Foxl

Mooks: Aparoids: They could fly aimlessly until Queen commands the the attack them, while giving Reversal Controls and Poison damage to player.

General: Queen Aparoid - She could fly and wait for enemy and she commands Aparoids to Attack. If Aparoid Army dies, she attacks like in Star Fox games, attacking the Player.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
One more question: Will each map have only one army or can it have multiple armies? This question is just out of curiosity.

Mooks: Goomba Army

The Goomba army would consist of weak, beginner mooks. They would attack by charging at the player and attempting to bite them. There are three types of Goombas: Goombas, Galoombas, and Goombrats. They all behave the same.

Commander: Goomboss (Yes, I know the Goomboss is one character, but just don't think about it.)

The Goomboss is strong, but is still weak for a commander. Goombosss would attack by charging and creating spores, which in turn, create Goombas. The Goomboss could also jump up high and slam the ground, which spawns Goombas.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bokoblin Army

Mook:

General:

They function exactly the same as they are in Hyrule Warriors

Submissions will continue for a few more hours

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
JOB 3:
Aparoid Army (Star Foxl

Mooks: Aparoids: They could fly aimlessly until Queen commands the the attack them, while giving Reversal Controls and Poison damage to player.

General: Queen Aparoid - She could fly and wait for enemy and she commands Aparoids to Attack. If Aparoid Army dies, she attacks like in Star Fox games, attacking the Player.
One more question: Will each map have only one army or can it have multiple armies? This question is just out of curiosity.

Mooks: Goomba Army

The Goomba army would consist of weak, beginner mooks. They would attack by charging at the player and attempting to bite them. There are three types of Goombas: Goombas, Galoombas, and Goombrats. They all behave the same.

Commander: Goomboss (Yes, I know the Goomboss is one character, but just don't think about it.)

The Goomboss is strong, but is still weak for a commander. Goombosss would attack by charging and creating spores, which in turn, create Goombas. The Goomboss could also jump up high and slam the ground, which spawns Goombas.
Bokoblin Army

Mook:

General:

They function exactly the same as they are in Hyrule Warriors

Submissions will continue for a few more hours
Job #3: Reaper Army (Kid Icarus)

View attachment 335687

Reapers remain stationary and attack with their scythes.

Reapettes are weak and fragile but can trip the player character.
Aparoid
Goomba
Bokoblin
Reaper

Vote for your top 2 voting is ranked, you can only vote for your own in second place

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Aparoid 1
Goomba 3
Bokoblin 5
Reaper

Bokoblin's will be the first army

Job 4

Submit a boss for the Bokoblins

Bosses can be giant and have large health pools and powerful abilities.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-24.jpg
Hinox
Hinoxes sleep most of the time and need to be walen up by bokoblins to get them to attack, they have powerful strength giving them the abilty to break down walls and other defenses, there strong throws let's them toss other enemies as projectiles, and they like to drink magical juice that allows them to breath fire, electric, ice, poison, or mud depending on the elixir.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Aparoid 1
Goomba 3
Bokoblin 5
Reaper

Bokoblin's will be the first army

Job 4

Submit a boss for the Bokoblins

Bosses can be giant and have large health pools and powerful abilities.
Here's my own submission:

Boss Name: Lynel
Boss Origin: The Legend of Zelda (1986)
1635290379130.png

Despite Lynels now most commonly being associated with Breath of the Wild, they are in fact recurring enemies from throughout the series, even appearing in the very first game! (They've also appeared in A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages and A Link Between Worlds, as well as, of course, Breath of the Wild.)

Having a mix between close-up offensive attacks with a massive sword and dangerously heavy shield, as well as ranged attacks by using the bow upon its back to fire a flurry of arrows forth, the Lynel is a powerful enemy that can't be taken down easily. Having such a high level of speed, strength, accuracy and fear-inducing bulk to it, it's a force to be reckoned with - even by some of the most powerful heroes.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 335824Hinox
Hinoxes sleep most of the time and need to be walen up by bokoblins to get them to attack, they have powerful strength giving them the abilty to break down walls and other defenses, there strong throws let's them toss other enemies as projectiles, and they like to drink magical juice that allows them to breath fire, electric, ice, poison, or mud depending on the elixir.
Here's my own submission:

Boss Name: Lynel
Boss Origin: The Legend of Zelda (1986)
View attachment 335837

Despite Lynels now most commonly being associated with Breath of the Wild, they are in fact recurring enemies from throughout the series, even appearing in the very first game! (They've also appeared in A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages and A Link Between Worlds, as well as, of course, Breath of the Wild.)

Having a mix between close-up offensive attacks with a massive sword and dangerously heavy shield, as well as ranged attacks by using the bow upon its back to fire a flurry of arrows forth, the Lynel is a powerful enemy that can't be taken down easily. Having such a high level of speed, strength, accuracy and fear-inducing bulk to it, it's a force to be reckoned with - even by some of the most powerful heroes.
BOKOBLIN BOSS VOTE HERE

Job 5

Submit a Koei Tecmo character to join the roster

Warriors is developed by Koei Tecmo after all

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Kasumi from Dead or Alive since Ryu Hayabusa will probably get nominated by someone else, and she is a major character in the Dead or Alive games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom